Forum Settings
Forums

Is there really anything wrong with being an anime "casual"?

New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 13, 2016 12:42 AM

Dec 2014
Oh look, another thread about filthy casuals.

I don't even get why something like this matters to anyone in the first place.
Apr 13, 2016 1:29 AM

Sep 2015
The irony comes when people insult others for being a casual when they don't even know what a casual is / what the term means. It has nothing to do with your favourite anime, what type of anime you like, etc.

So when someone looks at your higher rated anime and laughs at you for being a casual, laugh at them for being an idiot by using a term they don't understand.

And no, there's obviously nothing wrong with being a casual. If you only spend a small amount of time a day / a week watching anime then you're a casual. How could that possibly be a bad thing?
As a little afterthought, you can be a casual watcher who's also an elitist. There's a misguided notion that the two are opposites on the same scale. They aren't mutually exclusive.
MazApr 13, 2016 1:33 AM
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Apr 13, 2016 1:31 AM

Jul 2012
No.

Casual is just a word and at the end of the day it's a subjective term. Casual will mean something different to everyone so these kind of labels don't matter much.

And even if there was a definitive objective way to determine a casual I doubt it would be a bad thing.
Apr 13, 2016 1:35 AM

Feb 2015
nothing. why you even care about them ? just ignore them. it's just wasting yout time m8 XD. watch what you want, and it's free to enjoy something...you don't need to critic everything if you don't want to.

"casually watching anime is looked down on in the anime community"
just ignore them. do what you want. talk about freedom.
YizelTroApr 13, 2016 1:39 AM
Apr 13, 2016 1:53 AM

Sep 2014
Yes. Casuals ruin absolutely everything
Apr 13, 2016 2:24 AM

Aug 2008
There is a thread discussing who are worst between casual vs elitist. Majority of the poll says elitist is worse than casual.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1297507
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Apr 13, 2016 2:26 AM
Oct 2013
If you enjoy something then there is nothing wrong with that
Apr 13, 2016 3:00 AM

Nov 2012
Ckan said:
Ignorance doesn't hurt anyone until you start arguing with it.

I'd rather be ignorant in anime because I didn't waste my life watching 1000 anime (lmao be ashamed of yourself) but instead I'm not ignorant in important shit such as science and mathematics. You know, because I have a life besides anime and I watch anime to enjoy.
Apr 13, 2016 3:04 AM
Apr 2016
I'm at the fine line between anime casual and otaku. Nothing wrong with that. I mean, I have friends, a hobby, I'm pretty happy with myself. And I'm still a virgin. So again, nothing wrong with that. Besides, the strength of the virginity in a weeaboo or otaku usually dictates their overall lifestyle, meaning you wouldn't wanna fall in their footsteps of elitism and stupidity. So just be a casual if you want.
[⌐■_■]
Apr 13, 2016 3:08 AM

Sep 2015
Shirayukishi said:
Ckan said:

I'd rather be ignorant in anime because I didn't waste my life watching 1000 anime (lmao be ashamed of yourself) but instead I'm not ignorant in important shit such as science and mathematics. You know, because I have a life besides anime and I watch anime to enjoy.

So someone having spare time and choosing to use it in a way which brings enjoyment and entertainment is a "waste of time?"

How dare someone enjoy themselves! How shameful. We should never use our spare time to have fun. Having fun is not allowed! How ridiculous of people. My, my.

Were you dropped on your head?
Apr 13, 2016 3:10 AM

Nov 2012
-Maz said:
Shirayukishi said:

So someone having spare time and choosing to use it in a way which brings enjoyment and entertainment is a "waste of time?"

How dare someone enjoy themselves! How shameful. We should never use our spare time to have fun. Having fun is not allowed! How ridiculous of people. My, my.

Excuse me, but completing a THOUSAND anime with a mean score of a 5 just really shows it's not "spare time" but "i have no life" time. Then proceeding to call people "ignorant" over not watching a 1000 anime is just, well, if that's your goal in life then have fun
Apr 13, 2016 3:21 AM

Sep 2015
Shirayukishi said:
-Maz said:

Excuse me, but completing a THOUSAND anime with a mean score of a 5 just really shows it's not "spare time" but "i have no life" time. Then proceeding to call people "ignorant" over not watching a 1000 anime is just, well, if that's your goal in life then have fun

And why is that, precisely? I can claim the sun doesn't exist; that doesn't make it true.
If you have a shred of IQ, youi'll realise that in a scale of 1-10, a 5 is just an average score (many people take 5 as the average because MAL doesn't allow for decimals.) Watching something one considers to be a 5/10 is perfectly fine for many people. There's nothing wrong with a 5/10. It's still enjoyable to watch if you haven't given it a negative score.

So given that a 5/10 means one has enjoyed what they've watched, how is it "I have no life"? It's very natural for one's mean score to drop over time the more anime you've seen. You have more experience, you have more anime to compare to, etc. It's quite logical for it to be lower than someone who's only seen 5 anime.

I don't understand this ridiculous notion that enjoying a hobby and taking it seriously is a bad thing. Putting more thought into one's scoring just shows that they enjoy the medium such that they like to spend more time thinking about it. If someone has X amount of free hours per day, and chooses to spend them all in one particular hobby rather than spreading it out over multiple things, how does it indicate they have no life?

He didn't even call people ignorant for not having seen 1000 anime either. Nice strawman argument there.
Apr 13, 2016 3:36 AM

Mar 2015
Caveman_Inc said:
I'm at the fine line between anime casual and otaku. Nothing wrong with that. I mean, I have friends, a hobby, I'm pretty happy with myself. And I'm still a virgin. So again, nothing wrong with that. Besides, the strength of the virginity in a weeaboo or otaku usually dictates their overall lifestyle, meaning you wouldn't wanna fall in their footsteps of elitism and stupidity. So just be a casual if you want.
Be careful with that bold word mate. Its a taboo in certain anime community. xD
This salad is salty favored
Apr 13, 2016 3:43 AM

Jun 2015
Shirayukishi said:
Ckan said:

Well this is sort of insulting. Watching anime does not mean you have to be ignorant in other stuff. Some people enjoy sports, live tv and other pursuits, I prefer anime. That does not mean we have less of a life than them.
Apr 13, 2016 4:10 AM

Jul 2014
There is nothing wrong with being casual (well, I'm filthy casual myself :-P) as long as you know that. And you do not act like everything you watched was the best animu ever.

Doing that you should be fine and even the so called elitists will have hard time dealing with such attitude :-)
Apr 13, 2016 4:27 AM

Mar 2008
Shirayukishi said:
Ckan said:

And good on you! It's important to know what you want.

Now, putting aside your personal struggle with the societal worth of viewing anime, shall we return to point? Because of course a learned person such as yourself must agree that on matters of discussion it is better to be informed than not. If so, then we should actually be in agreement.

I am not condemning some lack of interest, knowledge, or devotion for anime. Such things are only natural. I would instead criticise those who would make airs or take obnoxious pride in their insularity; that kind of irrationality and arbitrary sentimentality that are so often barriers to our understanding and good sense.

Shirayukishi said:

Do you remember how many breads you've eaten up till now in your life? A thousand anime are but a blink of an eye; an intangible nothing!

But in all seriousness, the venomous fire in your comments worries me. Are you having fun?
Apr 13, 2016 11:08 AM

Feb 2008
KuuhakuDesu said:
There is something wrong.

Casuals here in MAL have to deal with the elitist, who have the superior taste. "The Gods among men", or some shit like that.

If you're a casual, you'll have to endure these "superior beings" saying you have a shit taste, and they have a great taste. Your opinions will be atumatically nullified because you're a casual, and you can't do nothing, really.

It's bullshit, BTW.

So, if you don't want to be called a shitty taste casual, hurry up and set your mean score to something close to 5, or even less. Never rate any anime a 10, and rarely give a 9. Your average score is 1, because you don't like Chinese cartoons, even though you watch them. Watch more than 500 shows and rate most of them lower than 5. Be careful not to say something good about mainstream anime, say MAL rating system is garbage because of casuals and you're as good as any other elitist.

Oh, and don't forget to shipost in the forums.

It's a "must do".

I don't get it. If I thought that 90% of all the series I've completed are worth a score of 5 or lower, I wouldn't have reached the 800 series mark, I would have stopped watching anime altogether.People who do that must be closet masochists or a bunch of lame trolls.

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Apr 13, 2016 11:35 AM

Feb 2010
Shirayukishi said:
Ckan said:

This is a great example of a lack of reading comprehension turned into a lazy strawman.
Weirdly fitting in regards to that quote earlier on this page.

Some people are on on anime related site because they love anime, watch a lot of it and seek out similar-minded people and others are here because they like to feel good about themselves by looking for people who spend more time on anime than they did and then looking down on them for no apparent reason and without any provocation. To each their own, I guess.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 13, 2016 11:37 AM

Jan 2016
There is nothing wrong with being one... Unless your chat partner is an elitist, then..

I personally think I'm a casual, beginner in anime.. Or how one of the thread today.. a noob
Apr 13, 2016 11:46 AM

Mar 2016
So, anime casual is supposed to indicate people who just watch hyped/top animes, like Death Note?
If it is, what is the problem, it just says that you like to be in your confort zone,i almost never looked other people opnions about anime other than my friends or until i started on MAL, i would watch the anime with the genres and sinopse i think i could enjoy,the problem is when this ''casual'' start chatting about how good a anime like SAO is and its better than a anime that i like or try to indicate to them that is not ''+A''

Apr 13, 2016 11:58 AM

Dec 2012
Nope. Anime's purpose is solely for entertainment and there's nothing wrong in enjoying what someone else hates.
Apr 13, 2016 12:26 PM

Mar 2013
Nah, there's nothing inherently wrong with being a casual. It's just one way to watch a medium, and share in the goodness that is chinese cartoons.

That being said, there are two things I observe in SOME casual watchers, or people that place themselves as such that irk me slightly. It IS annoying when people who are casuals claim something is "the best ever" when they honestly just don't have the breadth of knowledge/experience to make such claims. It is also an unfortunate fact that certain quality shows get left in the dust by more popular trends which appeal to said casuals (this is true in any medium though). That's just a nitpick though, and the second part is not even the casuals' fault.

To summarize my thoughts; watch whatever you want, however you want, and we're cool... just don't be an asshole about it. Informed discussion/debate is fun though, which is why I enjoy talking to friends who have seen more shows, because they have that experience. It's different for each individual I guess.
Apr 13, 2016 4:04 PM

Nov 2013
Shinigami0529 said:
Nah, there's nothing inherently wrong with being a casual. It's just one way to watch a medium, and share in the goodness that is chinese cartoons.

That being said, there are two things I observe in SOME casual watchers, or people that place themselves as such that irk me slightly. It IS annoying when people who are casuals claim something is "the best ever" when they honestly just don't have the breadth of knowledge/experience to make such claims. It is also an unfortunate fact that certain quality shows get left in the dust by more popular trends which appeal to said casuals (this is true in any medium though). That's just a nitpick though, and the second part is not even the casuals' fault.

To summarize my thoughts; watch whatever you want, however you want, and we're cool... just don't be an asshole about it. Informed discussion/debate is fun though, which is why I enjoy talking to friends who have seen more shows, because they have that experience. It's different for each individual I guess.

What really triggers me is not that they say is "the best ever," but more of not seeing the bad part of the anime.
There's this thing called the new gf syndrome, where EVERYTHING about a person is great. So what I'm trying to say is that casuals are not necessarily being an asshole about it, is just that they are ignoring the flaws.
WHEN IT RAINS, IT POURS.
Apr 13, 2016 4:20 PM

Aug 2014
keragamming said:
stndalonecomplex said:
fam............

i didnt even know it was a thing to NOT watch anime for enjoyment...like wtf else are you supposed to do??? hat's the point of even watching if you have a stick up your bum over a cartoon lol

people on the internet (or life in general) are gonna always be dumb and have things to say. just keep being you and dont turn cynical

To analyze and look for the flaws in a anime, then shit on it. That's fun for some people. Basically they watch a anime to find all the so called flaws, which is basically from their bias point of view.

Their fun is to find flaws in a anime. I don't agree with that approach, but that's how they like it.

Pretty much this, but they are really Biased.
Its ironic because most of their favorites have maybe more flaws than the anime that they are bashing.
Its just that Casuals dont dig too much into their (Elitists or whatever they're called now) favorites like they always do.
And they get mad when you call them Haters, But thats what they really are.

Well it doesn't matter if the anime is good or not, once its mainstream a lot of people will force themselves to watch it, and its natural that some people won't like it, but when they go on bitching about everything and at the same time their favorites have those things then you go like WTF? Just say you didn't like it..it is much better than inventing bullshit to justify it.
Nothing against valid criticism btw, but it has to be fair towards all other shows.

OT: Nothing wrong at all.
Apr 13, 2016 4:31 PM
Jun 2015
I couldn't care less about how many animes someone watched or what they rated it, some people only watch basketball in the playoffs people don't call them basketball casuals.
Apr 13, 2016 4:49 PM
Mar 2016
No there really isn't. There's nothing wrong with just wanting to be entertained and enjoy some anime.
Apr 13, 2016 5:20 PM

Jan 2015
Shinigami0529 said:

Basically what I was gonna write. If you want to argue, be open-minded.
Apr 13, 2016 5:40 PM
Sep 2011
Getting reeeeeally tired of the mentality that "critical thinking" is the only way to watch anime, and that anyone who likes an anime that the critical thinkers don't is a pleb or a filthy casual or whatever.

Maybe some people take anime so seriously that they treat it as a status symbol, watch it religiously and write thesis papers about the meaning of a woman turning into a car, but other people like to mix their anime viewing with other hobbies or just don't have enough interest to watch more than one or two weekly airing shows.

And now I'll just put this here because I feel it's appropriate.

Apr 13, 2016 5:46 PM

Oct 2015
Nope, but personally I find it hard to get along with big 3 shounen fans and such.

And yes elitists are real, but there is some massive misconception on MAL that if someone likes LoGH or The Tatami Galaxy or something, they are automatically an elitist, which is silly and ironically enough pretty elitist in and of itself.

Shirayukishi said:

Good job trying to make people feel bad about themselves for being passionate about something. Good job on being everything wrong with the modern internet. Also, 5 should by no means be a negative score. Only 4 and below are negative scores.
LobindeApr 13, 2016 5:50 PM
Apr 13, 2016 5:54 PM

Jun 2014
There is when they say something like "*insert anime name* Best Anime" Ever even though they haven't even watched 50 animes and can't even defend this anime with solid arguments
Apr 13, 2016 6:11 PM

Jan 2016
Yukhio said:
There is when they say something like "*insert anime name* Best Anime" Ever even though they haven't even watched 50 animes and can't even defend this anime with solid arguments

Why do we need arguments to defend something we simply enjoyed?
I can't defend my love for ice cream, so I am wrong for loving it?
Apr 13, 2016 6:21 PM

Jun 2014
Ailhou said:
Yukhio said:

So , if somebody talks trash about your favourite anime you won't try to prove him wrong ?
Apr 13, 2016 6:28 PM

Mar 2014
All of these shit taste apologists trying to give feel good advice to someone who doesn't need it, smh.

The idea that there is something wrong with being a casual is ridiculous when you think about the activities you could get serious about. Casualism and elitism is not a dichotomy either. You can still be a casual viewer and be an ass about whatever you do watch.

I think the stigma comes from the type of shows casuals watch, or the type of shows MAL thinks casuals watch. Long running battle shonen, AoT, OPM, etc. are seen as "casual" or "mainstream" shows (the latter is actually correct), and while neither of these things are bad, it gives the impression that a casual viewers experience with the medium isn't all it could be or some other bullshit. It comes down to how much people care about anime.

Animation is my favorite medium, and as such, I value having a wide range of experiences within that medium, so I'm always looking for weirder and weirder shows. I do not, however, do this with many other mediums. If I can complain about somebody being an anime casual, then they can complain about me being a video game casual. I'd have to constantly seek out new and obscure titles in every medium to be free of casualism and at that point life would just be consuming books, anime, and video games. Not much of a life.

There's more to life than entertainment, take that any way you wish.
Apr 13, 2016 6:56 PM

Jan 2016
Yukhio said:
Ailhou said:

So , if somebody talks trash about your favourite anime you won't try to prove him wrong ?

Well it's just me being the kind of person who never gets into an argument. May seem sad but I don't mind. Actually I like it when people express their opinion so I wouldn't mind listening to this person even if they were talking trash in the most subjective way.
I would probably intervene if they were saying something objectively wrong about the show though.
I'm not interested in forcing people to like the stuff I like.
Apr 13, 2016 7:04 PM

Oct 2009
Yukhio said:
Ailhou said:

*casually enters convo*

Well a lot of people talk trash about BokuMachi and I don't get pissed off about it, or even if I do I don't go and argue with people unless it's really necessary for me to do so. I choose my battles :V Yashiro is best grill

Anyway, what I'm saying is, people have their own favorites because they enjoyed those shows. But some people (like me lol) don't ignore their fav show's flaws, they just don't mind it. If you ask them what the series' mistakes were, they totally know it or at least half of it, but they just don't give a shit because the story is good and it was entertaining.

so yeah. peaceee :O

Apr 13, 2016 7:12 PM

Jun 2014
Ailhou said:
Yukhio said:

Well it's just me being the kind of person who never gets into an argument. May seem sad but I don't mind. Actually I like it when people express their opinion so I wouldn't mind listening to this person even if they were talking trash in the most subjective way.
I would probably intervene if they were saying something objectively wrong about the show though.
I Don't mean it like "This Anime is good admit it or die" but when an argument is objectively wrong you gotta prove it to this person if he's willing to listen of course , it's no use talking to a brick wall
I'm not judging people based on the animes they like but if i don't like an anime this person adores and that he's not even able to give me a few arguments then it's no use arguing with him
xSkydelApr 13, 2016 7:16 PM
Apr 13, 2016 7:14 PM

Jan 2016
Yukhio said:
Ailhou said:

I Don't mean it like "This Anime is good admit it or die" but when an argument is objectively wrong you gotta prove it to this person if he's willing to listen of course , it's no use talking to a brick wall
I'm not judging people based on the animes they like but if i don't like an anime this person adores and that the only arguments he has are "It's Good , the characters are cool" of course it pisses me off .

Hehe it's cute. Sorry I don't want to come off as creepy or impolite, I just like it when people are passionate.
Well I have nothing more to say, we just don't react the same to this situation and it's fine! I get your point.
Apr 13, 2016 7:43 PM

Jun 2014
Ailhou said:
Yukhio said:
I'm not judging people based on the animes they like but if i don't like an anime this person adores and that the only arguments he has are "It's Good , the characters are cool" of course it pisses me off .

Hehe it's cute. Sorry I don't want to come off as creepy or impolite, I just like it when people are passionate.
Well I have nothing more to say, we just don't react the same to this situation and it's fine! I get your point.
Well that's the exact same reason why people see "Elitists" and "People who don't like Casuals" in a bad way , They are just Passionate people who defend what they love , that's all , Yet some people see them as "Pretentious People"
Apr 13, 2016 8:25 PM

Oct 2009
Yukhio said:
Ailhou said:

Well that's the exact same reason why people see "Elitists" and "People who don't like Casuals" in a bad way , They are just Passionate people who defend what they love , that's all , Yet some people see them as "Pretentious People"

*casually enters convo again* xD

There are those type of elitits which are ok and then there are also douchebags err elitists(??)who run around bashing some people's fav show just because they thinks it's fun. Now that is bad. lol
It's good in a discussion where you talk about the shows shitty flaws, but if they go out of their way just to bash on a show then those people just need attention and an ice cream from Pico. *hides back in hole*

Apr 14, 2016 1:09 AM

Jan 2016
Thug_Gou said:
Yukhio said:

*casually enters convo again* xD

There are those type of elitits which are ok and then there are also douchebags err elitists(??)who run around bashing some people's fav show just because they thinks it's fun. Now that is bad. lol
It's good in a discussion where you talk about the shows shitty flaws, but if they go out of their way just to bash on a show then those people just need attention and an ice cream from Pico. *hides back in hole*

Please no don't make a reference to Pico. :( I'm still traumatized by the ice cream scene.
And yep, seems awful, I don't want to meet this kind of person! Ahh, internet and its anonymity.
Apr 14, 2016 1:52 AM
Feb 2014
No there is nothing wrong with being a casual, there is only everything wrong with people who think it's a bad thing to be a casual.

Difference between casual and pleb might I add

Casual=Doesn't take anime seriously compared to elitists
Pleb=An asshole who thinks his opinion matters above all and has a very narrow taste (i.e. stuff everyone else watches and little to no diversity)
Apr 14, 2016 2:38 AM

Oct 2015
Nico- said:

Difference between casual and pleb might I add

Casual=Doesn't take anime seriously compared to elitists
Pleb=An asshole who thinks his opinion matters above all and has a very narrow taste (i.e. stuff everyone else watches and little to no diversity)

Accurate distinction, but if you take anime seriously that doesn't necessarily mean you are an elitist. An elitist is someone who takes anime seriously AND belittles those who don't take anime seriously (they fall under the pleb archetype).
Apr 14, 2016 2:51 AM

Aug 2015
RLinksoul said:
Getting reeeeeally tired of the mentality that "critical thinking" is the only way to watch anime, and that anyone who likes an anime that the critical thinkers don't is a pleb or a filthy casual or whatever.

Maybe some people take anime so seriously that they treat it as a status symbol, watch it religiously and write thesis papers about the meaning of a woman turning into a car, but other people like to mix their anime viewing with other hobbies or just don't have enough interest to watch more than one or two weekly airing shows.

The fun part about this is that this kind of thing seemed to only happened in anime (aside from movies, music and books, in terms of depth of interpretation), maybe because of its seemingly limitless scope anime has. Well, like books, music and movies, there are very, very, very few of currently more than 11650+ anime that are somewhat worthy for thesis paper if someone will ever work for that... Well those anime obviously don't have tags like "harem", "hentai" and "ecchi" on each one of them; some of them will work better using their source materials especially in the case of the light novel/novel adaptations; and of course, there is no such thing as "[insert animu here] is the best animu ever" as books, music and movies don't really have that kind of treatment in the first place). That's why I put in the previous post that such statement worked good enough if someone is an aspirant story writer, be it working on a novel or a comic. Otherwise, just treat those people as entertainers themselves (or inspiration for some people who has not found their actual goal in life yet).
Frankies_MonsterApr 14, 2016 3:00 AM

Apr 14, 2016 3:40 AM

Jul 2014
I don't really get the terms, tbh.

But I'd like to add that for some people (well, me, at least) looking for flaws doesn't require some special effort. If something had potential, but wasted it, I need to analyze it to understand, why it happened so, otherwise it may be even stressful for me.

Tho, I am a casual in anime, I think. But speaking from my manga side, I must say that sometimes it's hard not to act a bit like an "elitist" or something, when yet another praised high-rating series turns out to be overhyped shit, seemingly written by a 10-12 y.o. boy. After reading you just can't take ppl, who say it's the best thing ever, seriously at all.
deadoptimistApr 14, 2016 12:56 PM
Apr 14, 2016 12:19 PM

May 2015
Nope, your tastes are your tastes and that's a thing that a lot of people tend to forget.
Apr 14, 2016 1:26 PM
Feb 2014
BlackMageNo1 said:
RLinksoul said:

The fun part about this is that this kind of thing seemed to only happened in anime (aside from movies, music and books, in terms of depth of interpretation), maybe because of its seemingly limitless scope anime has. Well, like books, music and movies, there are very, very, very few of currently more than 11650+ anime that are somewhat worthy for thesis paper if someone will ever work for that... Well those anime obviously don't have tags like "harem", "hentai" and "ecchi" on each one of them; some of them will work better using their source materials especially in the case of the light novel/novel adaptations; and of course, there is no such thing as "[insert animu here] is the best animu ever" as books, music and movies don't really have that kind of treatment in the first place). That's why I put in the previous post that such statement worked good enough if someone is an aspirant story writer, be it working on a novel or a comic. Otherwise, just treat those people as entertainers themselves (or inspiration for some people who has not found their actual goal in life yet).

They are guys who have degrees in Gender Studies though, extremely progressive mindsets!
Apr 14, 2016 1:45 PM

Feb 2015
It doesn't matter what kind of anime watcher you are, you will get made fun of by some people. :)
Apr 14, 2016 1:50 PM
Apr 2016
Casual is a derogatory term used, the same way people label others as elitest, its just two sides of the same coin really.
Apr 14, 2016 1:51 PM

Mar 2015
nothing, people just like to make big fuss out of nothing..
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 14, 2016 3:14 PM

May 2015
I dont htink that what most people mean when they call someone a casual

isnt casuallity just a term used for shit taste?
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

103 by mo_lave »»
5 minutes ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good? ( 1 2 )

arinthach - Yesterday

66 by 8oomer »»
7 minutes ago

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 4 hours ago

25 by Tropisch »»
8 minutes ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - 10 hours ago

41 by epidemia78 »»
13 minutes ago

» Characters that ya think are a Genderbent You

IpreferEcchi - Apr 15

33 by WatchTillTandava »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.