Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 12, 2016 3:03 AM

Dec 2015
Coming up with passwords that are literally random numbers and letters makes no sense. I have to reset my password every time I log in.....
http://imgur.com/c8L5odq
Signed, Slurmp
Apr 12, 2016 2:14 PM
Apr 2016
I agree. I just made an account and had the hardest time getting the website to accept any password. None of my passwords I normally use on my logins worked so I had to make up a new random password that I probably won't remember. I came here to post about the password problem but it seems i'm not the only one who thinks this is a problem.
Apr 12, 2016 2:49 PM

Mar 2016
You can always do 'Reset Password'. Than they will ask you what your username and gmail name is. You can also press 'Log me in everytime' or 'Always Stay Logged in' Or something like that.
Apr 29, 2016 5:59 PM

Dec 2015
BasilBoo said:
You can always do 'Reset Password'. Than they will ask you what your username and gmail name is. You can also press 'Log me in everytime' or 'Always Stay Logged in' Or something like that.

Yes, but it logs you out if you aren't active for a frigging minute and I have to set the bookmark name for this site to my password so I can just copy it, (INHALE) THE PASSWORD SYSTEM SUCKS
Sam0TApr 29, 2016 6:02 PM
Signed, Slurmp
Apr 29, 2016 6:00 PM

Dec 2015
ensorcell said:
That's why you use an old account :^)

What do you mean, "Old account" This is the only one I have..
Signed, Slurmp
Apr 29, 2016 7:59 PM

Feb 2016
If you don't remember your password, you can save it by checking the box and every time you want to log in, it should automatically be filled out. I'm not sure what browser you're using, but it should definitely work on Chrome.

If you forgot the password. Reset it by asking for a new one. All you have to do is put in your name and email address and a new password will be sent to you at random. Then you go to your email, copy the new password and paste it in the log in box. Try to make sure you browser "remembers" the password, or you can just log in using that password and change it to the preferred password of your choice.

If you want to be like me, just don't log out of MAL. I don't log out of a lot of sites I'm active on because it's bothersome to log in every time. I'm the only person that uses my laptop and my laptop is always with me. I don't need to worry about hacking, really.

When I first joined the site, I found it annoying that the system kept on wanting a longer and longer password. Just put in a long name or country/capital that you'd remember. Numbers aren't necessary.

Was this relevant to you?
May 1, 2016 9:46 PM

Oct 2015
Agreed. I have a certain password that I use for all my accounts, but it annoys me how I got to make a more " complex " password. Hopefully they can change it.
May 1, 2016 9:54 PM

Feb 2011
You can just write it down somewhere.

More topics from this board

» Could MAL match users with the most similar watched anime and ratings?

mur_koshka - Apr 7

3 by Euthymia_Gerv »»
5 hours ago

» Reply button should show text that will be quoted.

Euthymia_Gerv - 6 hours ago

0 by Euthymia_Gerv »»
6 hours ago

» Users who haven't finished an anime should be restricted on rating it

Thruddingsfly - Feb 15

39 by 3miL »»
Yesterday, 11:07 AM

» Custom labels.

Autonomia - Apr 8

4 by Autonomia »»
Yesterday, 8:25 AM

» Total number of episodes (all seasons)

TechniqueGod - Apr 9

3 by hacker09 »»
Apr 13, 3:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.