Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2010 5:28 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Daily/Weelkly quizzes comes back today to Feb. 7
1/10、1/17、1/24、1/31、2/7放送の計5回。

~from official anime site.

I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 10, 2010 9:15 PM
Nov 2008
Needs more baseball. Seems like next ep will still be baseballfree though.

And the new ed animation really pushes Aoba/Yuuhei. Hope it won't come true:(.
Jan 10, 2010 9:18 PM
Apr 2009
I'm curious. Anyone that reads the manga how close is the anime getting to it? Also how close does it seem like the manga is to ending?
Jan 11, 2010 12:23 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
Malestel said:
Honestly, I think I'd be very happy with either pairing.

This show has yet to disappoint me!!
p r o f i l e 👀
Jan 11, 2010 6:09 AM

Jan 2008
Wonder who Aoba will end up choosing, I won't mind either way tbh.
Jan 11, 2010 8:43 AM

Oct 2007
That was so damn cool right there, Aoba. And that was also for the first time I see her as a cool character. Even the way they show from the back as those two walk uphill they seem like they are overflow with confident. And the slice of life comedy of this show is never get old.

Bumped my score to 8. (Im stealing your style, noteDhero)

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jan 11, 2010 9:14 AM

Dec 2009
Heck, I was right. This episode was really great, expecially since the animation became better (and next ep looks better too!).
I'm looking forward to the baseball, which will be soon probably.

Btw, just wondering. Is it true that there's only 11 episodes left? I can't see it ending since the manga is running. I so hope for a second season and not an anime-only ending :/
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jan 11, 2010 10:43 AM

Jul 2009
Marow said:

Btw, just wondering. Is it true that there's only 11 episodes left? I can't see it ending since the manga is running. I so hope for a second season and not an anime-only ending :/
To be frankly i can imagine that the manga will end soon too..hoping the anime will end nicely

Naruleach said:
Malestel said:
Honestly, I think I'd be very happy with either pairing.

This show has yet to disappoint me!!
It surely is bothering Kou x Aoba pairing, considering on the ED to push Azuma x Aoba together and Kou x Akane, also Azuma's brother seems to pushing Azuma to Aoba too, honestly i got irritated when someone meddle into others relationship like that, it's not his business in the first place..he should know his place, i would say that in his face if i'm Aoba, but Aoba is Aoba Adachi-sensei is Adachi-sensei, rant aside a good episode,
Jan 11, 2010 12:04 PM

Dec 2009
Oh, and did someone else notice the slightly difference in the opening? Instead of Azuma in the end (you know, 4 "squares" with one person in it) it was Akaishi :o
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jan 11, 2010 1:38 PM

Aug 2008
This was an ok episode. I liked the way Azuma's brother was used in this episode. To see his personality closer to how Azuma described him in high school is really cool. Besides that, though, I just don't feel like there was much forward movement anywhere. She looks resolved to do the national team, but it could be some other resolve.

On another note, it just seems weird that Akane likes the thought of mentioning to Aoba that they look like sisters. On the one hand, I understand because she always wanted one, but on the other, it seems weirdly inconsiderate.
Jan 11, 2010 6:34 PM
Dec 2008
Nice episode cant wait for the next one..

Hmm....

Jan 13, 2010 2:38 PM

Dec 2009
Marow said:
Oh, and did someone else notice the slightly difference in the opening? Instead of Azuma in the end (you know, 4 "squares" with one person in it) it was Akaishi :o

woooh sudden change.. i didn't notice it but since you mention well it change to Akaishi maybe they still pushing Kou x Aoba on the OP which makes me :))
Jan 13, 2010 5:54 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
gendouhydeist said:
Marow said:

woooh sudden change.. i didn't notice it but since you mention well it change to Akaishi maybe they still pushing Kou x Aoba on the OP which makes me :))

They are trying to confuse everyone with pseudo-foreshadowing lol.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 14, 2010 4:28 AM

Oct 2007
wakka9ca said:
gendouhydeist said:
Marow said:

They are trying to confuse everyone with pseudo-foreshadowing lol.
Would people buy that?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jan 16, 2010 9:49 AM
Nov 2008

Perhaps it's just me, but I see Akaishi's position in the OP as "he 'likes' Kou, but he likes Akane more". Just like what he did during the episode where he "pretended" to head for the batting centre so that he could leave Akane & Kou alone.

Lol at Azuma-aniki. It's actually good that Ichiyou set this condition; if not, Seishuu would not have such a great "coach" and he would always just sit there and watch the match.

Even Azuma-aniki could tell that he younger bro is really interested in Aoba, but Aoba herself wasn't sure of her feelings towards him. It seems more to me that she's currently more focused on Kou's last chance at Koushien and winning it for Seishuu, and her faith towards Kou in bringing her and Wakaba there.

I still don't get why Akane wants to work in Clover. Even though the soba shop is working fine and she could experience working life, she could have chosen another shop instead of appearing in front of a family who had lost someone whom she strongly resembles. Aoba and Akane seems to get along better now, but I still feel that their relationship still far from what Aoba and Wakaba share (reason is obvious).

Nothing much really happened in this episode, although the stalker incident and Azuma-aniki's attitude change are interesting to watch. More drama coming up as Kou's, Akane's and Azuma's birthday approaches (btw, when's Azuma's birthday?)

Lastly, the ED is really unbearable... It hurts to hear that. Definitely disappointed with this ED (although the lyrics kinda fit even though it's too simple and generic)
cerulean18Jan 16, 2010 9:54 AM
Jan 18, 2010 11:51 PM

May 2008
oh well more questions on love and such

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jun 13, 2010 4:13 AM

Sep 2009
It's starting to feel like we're getting closer to the final matches. Also feels like relationships will be firmly established soon, maybe.
Sep 9, 2010 2:09 PM

Jun 2007
There hasn't been any progression in these last ten or so episodes, following Seishu predictably getting knocked out during the preliminaries last time around. Wakaba's clone showed up, Azuma started showing interest in Aoba, and Aoba got into women's baseball - nothing else has happened. I thought, with the length being 50 episodes - half of Touch's episode count - the pacing would be excellent, but the majority of the content could be described as filler. Even the 'evil coach' saga near the start wasn't necessary for the story to progress, and I'm glad that the coach is making a return near the end of the series - making his early inclusion less pointless.

As an uneventful slice-of-life series, with some baseball to spice things up, it's been pretty good. But as a baseball series mixed heavily with (what I expected there to be, and what the start/title suggested) romantic drama, it's been a complete failure. To begin with, going on Wakaba going out of the picture from the get-go and Kou and Aoba then having plenty of time to develop their love-love thing, all the signs suggested I'd be in for some involving romance goodness... but here I am, 40 episodes in, and the relationship of the main two hasn't changed AT ALL since the beginning. Some love rivals got thrown into the mix, but I don't care since such a poor job has been done with the main pairing, and even though Kou and Aoba will be forced together, I actually think Akane and Azuma are better for the two respectively.

I don't mind Akane's character too much, but I do think Adachi pushed the whole coincidence thing too far. Moving next door to Kou, wanting a little sister like Aoba AND working part-time at Clover... as well as having the same personality as Wakaba? It's too forced, and was done only so Kou can pick Aoba over Wakaba in the only way possible.

The last ten episodes, on the baseball front, should be pretty good. But I even type that with some negativity since there isn't enough time left for Seishu to make it to Koushien and then make it to the final. The game against R-whatever will take at least a few episodes, and there's also the game against that evil coach-person to be dealt with. Adachi must have something against couples getting together and seeing what he starts through to conclusion...
Dec 9, 2010 2:56 PM

Sep 2008
I don't doubt that Seishuu will get to Koshien... I hope they get to beat Ryuuou. >D That'll be one interesting match.

Oooh, the preview really leaves you hanging! Next episode looks like it'll be veeery interesting~
Feb 13, 2011 12:32 AM

May 2009
Another great episode! Dying to see the choices Aoba will have to make.
I've gone through 40 episodes in 5 days. Can't stop watching...
Sep 19, 2012 2:04 PM

Sep 2011
New ED! Not bad, not bad! :D
Jan 23, 2014 11:32 AM
Apr 2013
What a nice episode! The pacing is much improved recently.
Mar 9, 2014 8:21 AM

Aug 2013
Haha Yuuhei's older brother is hilariously awesome. Wait, both Azuma brothers are awesome. Ahhh I want Yuuhei to end up with Aoba. The CM doesn't agree with me though with that huge X between Kou and Aoba. Kou X Aoba. How obvious can it get XD!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 24, 2014 8:49 PM

Aug 2013
Ugh, now the ED really is leading with AobaXAzuma. Not sure how I feel about this. It wouldn't be too odd, I mean, they sure have got closer each other, but she always showed sign of loving Koh and Koh also showed sign of loving her. Could their reluctant denying made them impossible to get together. Are they somewhat destined to never know each other true feelings? That would be sad in some ways...

It was obvious that Aoba and Akane would become more friendly, the last ED was really heading toward this. Though, I didn't expected her to become ''part'' of the family. It's weirdly morbid x)
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 14, 2015 12:04 AM

Jul 2008
The whole Akane thing now just feels too weird, I'm surprised no one is saying anything.
Jan 18, 2015 2:19 PM

Jan 2013
They have to make it to Koshien now, it would be too depressing if they didn't/
And a new ending.
Jan 3, 2016 8:37 AM

Jun 2009
seems like aoba will go to the training camp.
Aug 9, 2018 5:46 AM

Feb 2013
I actually felt bad for that poor stalker.
Aug 17, 2020 3:07 AM

Jul 2015
With Junpei's marriage on the line it's great having him as hitting coach. Can't wait for the last tournament to start and for them to reach Koshien!

Oct 22, 2020 12:19 PM

Jan 2014
akane "replacing" is so creepy to me lmaoooo. but it seems to make them happy??? i am so weirded out by it lol

not too much progress in this ep tbh... but it looks like akane confesses in the next ep? :o

Marow said:

completely missed this thanks! i fully think this anime is fucking with us now, they're totally stringing us along/making us jump to conclusions xD but *if* this opening truly is foreshadowing, then i guess that means kou will reject akane's confession? and maybe FINALLY we can see akaisha x akane <3
laputiaOct 22, 2020 12:25 PM
Jan 6, 2022 2:13 AM

Jan 2018
The OP changed with Akaishi replacing Yuuhei in the end... He looks upwards to Akane. It seems like the characters are looking at the ones they like, kind of.

What was that whole deal with the stalker? It was confusing.
Senda gets kicked and barks for Aoba. Is he a woofer? Wtf.

Junpei could make a great interim coach. How did I not think of this before?

It's kind of unfortunate that Aoba will stick with Seishu till the end. That scene with Junpei and Aoba scouting Ryuou was beautiful. If only Ryuou could play against BOTH Aoba and Ko. That could be epic.
Apr 18, 2022 4:54 AM

Aug 2017
Aoba's been pretty cute lately. I don't know if I like her or Akane more.

I think I want harem ending with Ko x Aoba and Akane. Azuma and Akaishi can go find some other girls.

Avalongus said:
I've gone through 40 episodes in 5 days. Can't stop watching...

Yeah about 3 days for me, I'm watching mostly in 1.75x

More topics from this board

» Help: Cross Game filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Dec 28, 2023

6 by zckfox »»
Dec 28, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Cross Game Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BlowITA - Apr 12, 2009

66 by -mmdll- »»
Oct 9, 2023 7:43 AM

Poll: » Cross Game Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

fanty - Apr 5, 2009

194 by Ethan348 »»
Jul 3, 2023 3:30 PM

» Cross Game Soundtrack

falph - Apr 5, 2010

8 by StewedBeefHaunch »»
Jun 18, 2023 2:04 PM

Poll: » Cross Game Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 27, 2010

279 by animejas »»
Apr 27, 2023 1:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.