Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 11, 2010 4:03 PM

Feb 2009
I liked this a lot, except for the fact that Tomo looks like a friggin' milk cow with those extremely large tits. Character design is really nice though, and the action wasn't that bad either. I'm looking forward to the next episode.
Jan 11, 2010 5:16 PM
Nov 2009
the more i look at sasha the more he reminds me of Near, which is awesome, i love Near <3 =P
Jan 11, 2010 5:28 PM

Jun 2009
Also one of the disappointing part of the adaptation is Aleksander being too small. Seriously he wasn't that small. It looks like he's a 7 year old kid rather than a 13 year old boy. >_<
Jan 11, 2010 5:47 PM

Feb 2009
Boring first episode with only decent animation and horrible censorship.
Jan 11, 2010 6:40 PM

Jul 2009
Ahh, the censor is bothering me, it's better to just block it instead of divert it, other than that good story, yeah need to read the chemistry book again..XD
Jan 11, 2010 6:52 PM

Dec 2008
wow. her breasts are annoyingly large, i just looked at the manga and they are def. not that huge.
meh. the censoring was ok but annoying...

Jan 11, 2010 7:10 PM
Aug 2008
censor suck very deep
what the point to make a manga Adaptation
they cut half the anime
Jan 11, 2010 7:15 PM

May 2008
....wow. If the intro to this anime didn't sound enough like Ga Rei Zero's..holy crap. The beat's even go together nicely <_< What the crap. Seriously, go watch and compare them.

Also, Tomo seems to have many of Yui's expressions from K-On..making it ironic since they have the same seiyuu.

But man...lmfao @ Her. 'Boobs..I want to touch them. *YOINK*' Awesome.

Interesting first episode.

Jan 11, 2010 7:52 PM

Jun 2008
As soon as i saw the side kick with the massive breasts i decided to drop this, this is just pure crap.
Jan 11, 2010 7:53 PM
Dec 2008
lol..looks ok..

Hmm....

Jan 11, 2010 7:55 PM

Dec 2007
I knew that broadcasters has to cut these scenes, and it was annoying to see censors in this episode. Compared to manga, Tomo's oppai in anime is bigger as I thought so much. It was enjoyable episode, and I think the story will be interesting. I can't wait for uncensored version.
gameoffreak8Jan 11, 2010 8:01 PM
Jan 11, 2010 8:42 PM

Aug 2009
Normally, I wouldn't mind watching any version but the censors are just killing the viewing experience for me. Is any group subbing the uncensored version?
Jan 11, 2010 9:10 PM

Apr 2008
Is there any special reason to the "breast milk" power up stiff? Just for ecchi-ness?

I've never read the manga so i'm kinda curious.
Jan 11, 2010 9:32 PM

Jan 2008
So... besides the terrible censorship, and the jugs that threaten to knock someone out (imagine the back pains?), it was an always first episode. Im not watching this for fanservice, but i do appreciate it in this show. Just.. the breats size... its' killing me... ANYWAYS, im not fully convinced that this show will be the ish, 1st ep of 24 episodoes is practically nothing so i shall wait and see. If anything though, Sasha is a sinfully pleasant character to watch. i want to saw hawt and sexy, but he's like.. 12? so thats pedo-esque of me. but i DO thoroughly enjoy, watching him :)
Jan 11, 2010 9:33 PM

Jul 2009
99% Meh
1% Interested in Mafuyu
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jan 11, 2010 9:54 PM

Jul 2008
Decent op, good ed.

The show in itself is average tough I think it'll get better latter.
Jan 11, 2010 11:30 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
complete shit imo. dropped.

2/10
p r o f i l e 👀
Jan 12, 2010 2:31 AM
Dec 2008
I never though I would call a seiyuu's voice annoying, but woah, Toyosaki's acting was just horrible and made me want to mute the whole thing. Not that she's a bad seiyuu, I like her a lot on Railgun, but here she's just awful, I guess they wanted her to act like that though.

Music was cool, episode was cool, but so is the manga so that's nothing new.
Jan 12, 2010 5:10 AM

May 2008
Seriously , i didnt really like it, everything seems to be going too fast, and the only guy in the show is really irritating, kinda new? and i wont say i like it, still it has an interesting story so i think i might continue

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jan 12, 2010 5:27 AM

Nov 2008
All Russians watching (probably, there isn't many of us anyway lol) will say that Alexander's surname is AWFUL. It's a very, very rude word in Russian. (For those who didn't get it - there are lots of associations with Russian-Orthodox culture, that's why I mentioned it). So the author should have studied this culture more not to do such mistakes :P

Credits for the av go to whispering-eden.livejournal.com =)
I used to be Dolce_Vitka here, but Vitka_Lynx is my nickname at alost all other sites, so I decided to take it here, too ^___^
Jan 12, 2010 6:30 AM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
Quasar_Aaron said:
francismeunier said:
BTW who is that?=>
I see that a nice name is her Soma feeding friend going to be Mafuyu or that other girl who looks like Hana? (girl who is with pink haired girl that has brown hair).

francismeunier said:
Wasabi said:
Quasar_Aaron said:
francismeunier said:
BTW who is that?=>
fffffffffffffffffffffffffffff WWHHYYYYY!!! NOT AYA HIRRAANOOOO

I can't even picture her voicing Katja. Katja is way too badass for Aya Hirano.
Ok so can you tell me in some other anime characters voices who would be so good to voice her and please do tell me in spoiler since it looks like you read the manga why is she so badass as you say....enlighten me with some part that would prove that.
Oosran said:
Note: This is might be considered a spoiler.

Really?

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Jan 12, 2010 6:37 AM

Jan 2009
Short answer: You'll see in due time.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 12, 2010 7:49 AM

Jun 2009
loving it so far specailly the main charcter though a bit ecchi lmao~..

I'll do things just like you Yakuza!
Jan 12, 2010 9:39 AM

Jun 2009
I have one particular question: What's this "soma" thing?
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jan 12, 2010 9:42 AM

Jan 2009
OrochiPL said:
Well technically, it's some kind of source of power, which for some reason is produced in the breasts of women. But that much was probably obvious, rendering this post completely worthless, and I'm pretty much as in the dark about this as you are. : p
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 12, 2010 10:03 AM

Jun 2009
Yeah right, that's obvious. I thought some manga-readers might know somethnig more and share their knowledge.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jan 12, 2010 10:06 AM

Jan 2009
Well, it's a good question, though we manga-readers don't really know much about it either : >
Jan 12, 2010 10:12 AM

Oct 2007
"I heard she's gonna be voiced by Aya Hirano."
I hope she won't fail as much as I thought.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jan 12, 2010 10:52 AM

Jun 2009
Oosran said:
Well, it's a good question, though we manga-readers don't really know much about it either : >

Yeah i noticed already ;P
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jan 12, 2010 1:11 PM

May 2009
It was okay. I'm not watching any more of it until an uncensored version airs though. This the most ridiculous censoring I've seen in anime - bring back the fog, shadows and random rays of light!
Jan 12, 2010 1:14 PM

Jan 2009
stAtic91 said:
This the most ridiculous censoring I've seen in anime - bring back the fog, shadows and random rays of light!
Indeed, I mean... Even Princess Lover had better cencoring >.> White clouds all over the place lol xD
Jan 12, 2010 1:49 PM

Apr 2009
Forever said:
Not sure what to say.

I'm not really into those D.Gray-Man style action shows and the addition of ecchi doesn't make it better. The art style sometimes reminds me of K-On again (like Sora no Woto) und hearing Yui's CV doesn't help. It's annoying a little bit.

The quality drop during the cencored scenes is a horrible disturbance. I don't mind censorship since I don't really care about the ecchi stuff (well Teresa is nice from an ecchi point of view), but the way it's done here is really ridiculous. Where is my fog?

The OP is not bad and the ED would be good if there weren't too many fanservice shots in it. They are kind of disturbing the artistic value by embarrassing themselves with forced fanservice.

Well, might give it some more episodes before deciding the drop.

I TOTALLY second that
Jan 12, 2010 3:08 PM

Apr 2008
Even though I'm not big on the whole soma thing, it would have been better to show it like they did in the manga rather than have crappy censors. The censors didn't work for me they just didn't portray them well. If you didn't read what the show was about you would be totally confused on what was happining when they showed drawings of the surrounding area or the persons face to censor it, but whatever let me stop complaining. I still kinda liked the ep and I'll continue to watch the show until I get bored and tired of it. hopefully I won't.

Breath||
Jan 12, 2010 6:41 PM

Sep 2008
masaykh said:

but... while watching whole ep i got feeling like :
" This is Fullmetal Alchemist + D.Gray men"

lol yes...
can imagine Ed getting pissed by talking to Sasha....

Strangely, I was straining my neck in an impossible attempt to look "over" the censors. Cause the way they censored the scenes made me feel that they were actually hiding behind some obstruction...=_='''
Jan 12, 2010 6:52 PM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
OrochiPL said:
Well technically, it's some kind of source of power, which for some reason is produced in the breasts of women. But that much was probably obvious, rendering this post completely worthless, and I'm pretty much as in the dark about this as you are. : p
Let me both make it somewhat enlightening...I assume and suppose Soma is the holy milk produced by virgin women who got blessings from the Church and their vitality in check to produce this milk. I assume the milk has to be checked that it's really this holy milk that can power up Qwasers. I also assume that Soma are the special nutrients in that milk that normally is for babies much more nutritious then even any product made out in the market even if artificially made and that is why it powers up Qwasers because they are special beings with special fighting powers......does it help?

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Jan 12, 2010 7:36 PM

Mar 2008
It was weird to know the voices from all the main people in this episode lol.

I think this is watchable, it's certainly not terrible. I at least enjoyed it a little, so I'll keep giving it a shot :]
Jan 12, 2010 7:44 PM

Aug 2009
I was expecting a sort of "Elfien Lied" anime, compared to those who thought of something like" Queen's Blade".

I was a little disappointed in this anime, I thought it would be like an Elfien Lied theme and would have really, really intense story line, but so far not so much.

I guess I'll watch a little more just if the story line catches me.
Sig iz in deh makingz

Still learningz

:3
Jan 12, 2010 10:09 PM

Jan 2009
Otaku_Hikikomori said:
I was a little disappointed in this anime, I thought it would be like an Elfien Lied theme and would have really, really intense story line, but so far not so much.
Oh but it does get better, somewhat more intense as well (not to the extent of Elfen Lied though, perhaps), unless they screw it up bigtime, that is.
Jan 13, 2010 9:32 AM
Mar 2009
I think it's pretty intense now too.The story has a lot of potential,the characters are well build,the battle scenes are pretty amazing too :) I hope it won't go bad in the process though. But so far i give it 5 ! I loved it :)
Jan 13, 2010 12:59 PM

Feb 2008
Oh man, that was so incredibly bad. Lots of stereotype characters. And that story. Wait... Story? Don't make me laugh. And these censors. LOOOOOOOOOOL So obvious and ugly. What the hell?

And wtf was with Aleksander's comment at the end? "Trouble will befall anyone who is close to me." Yeah right. So why would he come into the class then? Man, this is so stupid.

Score 2 -> Dropped

NoJaRa said:
I think it's pretty intense now too.The story has a lot of potential,the characters are well build,the battle scenes are pretty amazing too :) I hope it won't go bad in the process though. But so far i give it 5 ! I loved it :)

I want the anime you watched.
De-JaYJan 13, 2010 1:16 PM
Jan 13, 2010 1:43 PM

Sep 2007
From someone who's read the manga...the obvious censoring was more distracting than it should've been.

And I'm not one who normally likes ecchi/etc. but seriously....it's part of basis of the story and they SO clearly don't know how to the censor it in a way that it doesn't mess up the story....

Other than that, they stayed pretty true to the manga and it's really good =P
LOL at Tomo's 4x boobs...everytime I saw her on screen I was seriously going "were her boobs even THAT big in the manga??"

Anyhow... I'll be tossing this onto my "on-hold" pile till those supposed non-censored versions air...I have enough other stuff to watch in the meantime so it's all good..
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jan 13, 2010 4:53 PM

Nov 2008
Charliehsv said:
Frostwake said:
Whats the point of this with censors? Remove the main selling point and you have nothing, bleh

Plus they're really bad censors. They're just badly animated replacement scenes....while shadows/steam are kind of annoying, this makes it just ridiculous.

What the hell was that ? I hated it !! Bad animation, annoying characters, ... It was weird and not interesting at all >.< I don't think I'll keep up with this anime ... Ah yeah the ending was good lol
Jan 13, 2010 4:59 PM

Aug 2009
I think this is so good anime ;d All Qwasers must drunk breastmilk "soma" to return them energy, this is good experience and interested heh^^;p
Jan 13, 2010 5:15 PM

Nov 2007
This seems...mildly interesting. The Qwasers are fearsome.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jan 13, 2010 7:43 PM

Jul 2007
powers up by drinking breast milk..lol

I was expecting something different.
Jan 14, 2010 1:08 AM

May 2008
WTFTITS.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Jan 14, 2010 5:10 AM

Apr 2008
omg ?! o-olll

Jan 14, 2010 6:49 AM
Jul 2009
good show bad censors
I hope somebody will sub/release an uncensored version. ON-HOLD for now
Jan 14, 2010 7:44 AM

Mar 2009
It was ok and it might get better.

Jan 14, 2010 11:09 AM

Feb 2009
Too much censoring ;_; Made it kind of awkward in certain scenes, but good nonetheless.

Also loved the ED.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Seikon no Qwaser episode 1 Discussion (uncensored version)

CCs_No1_Fanboy - Jan 15, 2010

11 by Allen2020 »»
Dec 5, 2023 6:14 AM

Poll: » Seikon no Qwaser Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanade-chan - Jun 19, 2010

94 by MxS7HGS »»
Oct 5, 2023 8:01 AM

Poll: » Seikon no Qwaser Episode 23 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Jun 12, 2010

42 by MxS7HGS »»
Oct 5, 2023 7:11 AM

Poll: » Seikon no Qwaser Episode 22 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Jun 5, 2010

32 by MxS7HGS »»
Oct 5, 2023 6:38 AM

Poll: » Seikon no Qwaser Episode 21 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - May 29, 2010

34 by MxS7HGS »»
Oct 2, 2023 9:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.