Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 7, 2016 3:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh yeah this is the episode of the infamous Uchiha massacre. Poor guy, he's so sad about what he had to do.

Madara's appearance in this episode was pretty obvious but eh yeah. It was a dark episode as kinda expected. I think one interesting point to note is more details of when Itachi first joined Akatsuki though this episode.
Apr 7, 2016 5:02 AM

Feb 2013
Not bad, even though we already knew this was going to happen.
Apr 7, 2016 5:12 AM
Mar 2016
Unfortunately, they didn't adapt one of the best parts of the light novel. In the light novel, Itachi decides to kill Izumis family first. He uses Tsukuyomi to show Izumi how her entire life would've been if there was no coupe d'état or Uchiha massacre. I read a translation of that part of the light novel and it was really sad. I was really sure that they would adapt this part, but unfortunately they didn't. Still a great episodes besides the few sequences where the animation was messed up.
Apr 7, 2016 5:19 AM

Jan 2015
First Naruto episode that I really enjoyed, in a long time.
And I like how the new ending is Pierrot's way of saying "You want us to animate the manga?! Here. And fuck you, by the way!"
Zura_OrokamonoApr 7, 2016 5:29 AM
Apr 7, 2016 5:21 AM
Apr 2016
omggggggggg sooooooooo goooddd
Apr 7, 2016 5:39 AM

Feb 2012
Wow this episode was really good, I quite liked how it was done, with the dark animation and stuff.

I wanted Itachi to kill that girl, but it was Tobi. Plus we got the goofy Tobi at the end, love that dude lol. Can't wait to see more of Akatsuki.

Next week Kisame's in the house.
Apr 7, 2016 5:47 AM

Feb 2016
Where did you guys watch it on?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2016 6:40 AM
Feb 2016
Gogoanime.tv, also you can watch o kissanime.to both are great sites for anime.
Apr 7, 2016 7:05 AM

Jun 2014
Ah, it's been a long time, probably a year since I enjoyed a Naruto episode. Itachi greatness, that's all I can say.
Apr 7, 2016 7:52 AM
Dec 2015
not like novel. I hate it!!!!
Apr 7, 2016 8:05 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This adaptation a fucking joke....Not only have they butchering the novel ever since he graduated from the academy all this time, but they cut out the best part of the massacre which was with Izumi

My god Studio Pierrot are truly a bunch of stupid clowns....If you want to see what really happened people, check out the novel because it's 1000 times better than this crap
Apr 7, 2016 9:02 AM

Mar 2014
God I wish Itachis story didnt have to be layered in with shippuden.
I mean Itachis story is so good while shippuden is so..... crap.
I just wish they were seperate so I dont have to go anywhere near shippuden when I want to watch it.

And from what a couple of other people are saying, it seems like it would have been a good idea to make it its own season
then again, having 2 naruto shows on at the same time would be kinda weird.
zunderdog24Apr 7, 2016 9:06 AM
Powered by yuri.
Needless to say, I finish all anime I start, no matter my initial opinion, no matter how bad it gets, I WILL FINISH IT!
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/zunderdog24
Apr 7, 2016 9:03 AM

Feb 2015
I'm really pissed they skipped the part with Izumi, that was my favorite part of the novel. This is better than normal filler, but skipping that, and leaving it to Obi is a joke. How disappointing, skipping it was pointless too, because it's not like those clowns are running out of filler room.

Apr 7, 2016 9:09 AM

Mar 2014
Yautja said:

Goddammit, thats the second time itachi has made me cry for fuck sakes.
Fuck Studio Pierrot

zunderdog24Apr 7, 2016 9:26 AM
Powered by yuri.
Needless to say, I finish all anime I start, no matter my initial opinion, no matter how bad it gets, I WILL FINISH IT!
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/zunderdog24
Apr 7, 2016 9:48 AM

Dec 2014
Itachi's story has always been one of my favorites, Sad that he had to do what he did :(

It's even sadder when I read that the adaptation was actually complete crap.
Here I thought it was actually a decent episode of Naruto :|

Yautja said:
I'm really pissed they skipped the part with Izumi, that was my favorite part of the novel. This is better than normal filler, but skipping that, and leaving it to Obi is a joke. How disappointing, skipping it was pointless too, because it's not like those clowns are running out of filler room.

Why would they skip such an important scene? Did they remove a bunch of other parts as well?
Damn, What is Pierrot's problem with Naruto franchise? Can't they just adapt and end it properly :(
Apr 7, 2016 10:14 AM
Mar 2016
kamalashki said:
427-current are fillers or are they in manga or novel?? Got confused by comment section

427-450 is filler, 451 is half canon, half Itachi Shinden (light novel adaptation, some call it filler, some call it canon), 452-455 is Itachi Shinden
Apr 7, 2016 10:15 AM

Feb 2012
Tokoya said:
This adaptation a fucking joke....Not only have they butchering the novel ever since he graduated from the academy all this time, but they cut out the best part of the massacre which was with Izumi

My god Studio Pierrot are truly a bunch of stupid clowns....If you want to see what really happened people, check out the novel because it's 1000 times better than this crap

Seeing how much people here are commenting and have read the novel, it is anywhere translated?

Or did you guys read the original version?
Apr 7, 2016 11:05 AM

Jun 2015
This was so sad and wasn't it supposed that Itachi was the one to kill Izumi not Obito? I love the new ending
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Apr 7, 2016 11:07 AM

Jun 2015
TheEnhancedExe said:
Unfortunately, they didn't adapt one of the best parts of the light novel. In the light novel, Itachi decides to kill Izumis family first. He uses Tsukuyomi to show Izumi how her entire life would've been if there was no coupe d'état or Uchiha massacre. I read a translation of that part of the light novel and it was really sad. I was really sure that they would adapt this part, but unfortunately they didn't. Still a great episodes besides the few sequences where the animation was messed up.

Yes, I was waiting for this part and the only thing that I hate about the episode is the fact that they found it easier to cut this part and make Tobi kill her. I think the whole world was waiting for this part and they ruined it.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Apr 7, 2016 11:45 AM

Jun 2014
While I enjoyed this episode, it saddens me that those jokes over at Pierrot cut out that scene with Izumi that some of you guys are talking about. Seeing exactly how she died was something I was genuinely curious about, and it's a shame that they changed it to an implied death at Madara's hands. Regardless of the adaptation and the fact that we've seen the massacre before, it was still pretty sad and I feel so bad for Itachi for having to do that.

Now that the part of the story that we already know about (except for some parts here and there) is over, I'm looking forward to seeing his early days with Akatsuki. Also, I wonder how they'll handle Kisame's role since his voice actor passed away a few years back.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 7, 2016 12:20 PM
Mar 2016
WTF IS THIS ???? It doesn't follow the LN at all ! They removed the part in which Izumi dies peacefully by the eyes of Itachi
Apr 7, 2016 12:29 PM

Sep 2014
Oh well , While watching it doesn't seem so bad as they show pretty interesting story , although it feels very fast-paced.. Guy joins ANBU and Akatsuki in one episode.. And as many say here it is a lot worse than actual novel..
Apr 7, 2016 1:22 PM

Dec 2014
I think it was so peaceful How Itachi Massacred everyone even his father did not oppose him..
I hope Itachi's arc is over though
Apr 7, 2016 1:42 PM

Jan 2016

That's too fucking intense man, I know this is rated R but fuck that shit

Itachi is amazing, he is smart and logical. He planned this painful journey out and suffers every moment of it.

Hired the guy who killed his friends to kill the police force and his love (eyes still burning from boiling tears Q_Q ;-; Q_Q) and killed his whole clan.

Gave this a 1/5 out of needing new... new.... new eyes Q_Q

Apr 7, 2016 4:58 PM

Jun 2014
"We cant go outside until the INFINITE tsukuyomi ENDS" > Pierrot's all like tralalalalalalalalallala filler 5ever!
Apr 7, 2016 5:12 PM
Apr 2016
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who feels disappointed with this adaptation. They made Izumi pointless. Itachi killing Izumi to BEGIN the massacre was an important part of his transition into a 'villain'.

They also condensed an important part (where tobi kills itachi's teammate) into like 10seconds, among with other valuable teammate interactions and replaced it with a silly cat chase mission.
Apr 7, 2016 5:56 PM

Jan 2015
WOOOOWW!! That was fucking awesome! The animation was really really good in this episode, I'm starting to like Itachi more and more.

Cool to see who was the guy before Kisame, and Orochimaru still in the Akatsuki.
Nice new ending!
Apr 7, 2016 6:01 PM

Jan 2015
Another good rendition of the Uchiha Massacre.

Though regardless of budget, the art and animation was way better for the sharingan and characters back in Naruto pt.1 and beginning of Shippuden.

Oh and the Akatsuki always makes things better...seriously Naruto's philosophy is way worse than Pains'.

Edit:After reading how Pierrot ruined the LN I have lost even further faith, now in the negative. GG
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Apr 7, 2016 6:30 PM

Dec 2012
They made one of the 7 swordsmen who fought against Guy's father an Akatsuki member. Cool.
Apr 7, 2016 7:50 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Ramkec said:
Tokoya said:

Seeing how much people here are commenting and have read the novel, it is anywhere translated?

Or did you guys read the original version?
Check Tumblr or Naruto Forums for it
Apr 7, 2016 7:54 PM

Dec 2009
One of the darkest episodes in the series and one of the best episodes we've had in like a year's worth of content, too bad it felt rushed compared to the previous episodes in the arc. Like I'm mad that it didn't even show Itachi's reaction about Izumi dying. Really was enjoying this Itachi mini arc, but I seriously am glad we're going back to canon next month. Looking forward to see what the new opening theme will be, it's a bit odd we're not getting it in April like every other series.
Apr 7, 2016 7:57 PM

Jan 2014
So the show can give us months and months of bullshit filler but it fucking skips over some of the most important scenes in Itachi's backstory? Okay.
Apr 7, 2016 7:58 PM

Dec 2009
Just read that they fucked up the adaptation of the light novels. So let me get this straight. They can do half a fucking year of fillers, but when it comes to adapting content that actually matters they go and butcher the fucking storyline!?

What the actual hell. Now I have to wait for the light novels to be licensed over here...sigh. The Izumi stuff sounded way better in the light novel. They also skipped Shisui's death and what lead up to it. Fucking pissed.
Apr 7, 2016 10:32 PM

Mar 2014
Geez, I knew this was gonna be bad like his character, but didn't expect it to be this shit. Honestly, I can't even bring myself up to articulate just how fucking horrible this is.
Apr 8, 2016 12:05 AM

Apr 2015
Soooooo disappointed.. i was waiting for the part where itachi would kill her.. suddenly it was tobi.... dammnnn
Apr 8, 2016 1:33 AM

Jun 2014
I'm not a source purist or anything but I seriously felt that the Izumi scene was mishandled by Studio Clown. Why give her so much emphasis in the previous episodes just to ruin her like that?

Now I want to read the novel ffs.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Apr 8, 2016 3:09 PM

Jan 2012
It was awesome! Art is so good!
Apr 8, 2016 3:21 PM

Dec 2015
So pissed they didn't show the Izumi x Itachi moment from the light novel
Apr 8, 2016 7:54 PM

Jun 2014
I feel like by making Itachi's dad thoroughly show him how they would destroy the village kind of ruined the entire impact of massacre. Wasn't it supposed to be less heavily implied that the Uchiha would 100% actually revolt, and just more of Danzo trying to get his way. It made him seem more reasonable for the attack and not as open to interpretation.

Still thought this episode was pretty good as a whole, but even without knowing about the cut content I could tell there were rushed parts. They just fly through the Shisui part, even if this was already covered prior, you still could have had a bit more than a glorified flashback, same thing with him just looking at a picture of Izumi.

Also LMAO at the new ending, they just straight out showed Naruto in his hokage robes already, they give no fucks about actually ending this, even the credits finished early than them.
Apr 8, 2016 11:48 PM

Mar 2016
These kinds of episodes usually bore me a bit, but I have actually been pretty invested in these past few episodes. Itachi and Sasuke were so cute as kids <3
Apr 9, 2016 12:13 AM

Jul 2014
Yautja said:

Wow, Pierrot can't even do backstories right.
Apr 9, 2016 4:55 AM

Apr 2015
I love those kinds of episode with a dark tone. Itachi awakening his Mangekyou 0.0
Just WOW.
Apr 9, 2016 4:57 AM
Mar 2014
RIP Itachi's girlfriend.
Apr 9, 2016 6:29 AM
Aug 2014
the quality was something else for real, and then we got the preview for next week.
Apr 12, 2016 12:43 PM
Feb 2016
Canon confirmed on May the fifth! Episode 459 - The Incipient
Apr 12, 2016 4:32 PM
Jun 2013
lol, I've only read the manga and just felt like randomly checking out this episode and Bam. One of the good ones. lol
Apr 14, 2016 10:08 PM

Jun 2007
Great episode but Itachi not killing the girl made her character become pointless. It would have been more powerful if Itachi killed her.
Its a shame they didnt follow the LN. I mean we all knew that Naruto is a filler-infected series, but changing the actual story is really stupid.. no... calling it stupid would still be a compliment.
Apr 17, 2016 1:58 AM

Jul 2008
Still a good episode but it's stuff we already know.
Apr 17, 2016 2:06 PM

Apr 2014
Albi-kun said:
They made one of the 7 swordsmen who fought against Guy's father an Akatsuki member. Cool.

So that's who he is.. Although I don't remember seeing him..

Anddd I realyyyyyyy HOPE that Pierrot will someday and somehow adapt the Izumi part, just please, show us mercy Pierrot.. =w=
Apr 26, 2016 5:17 PM

May 2010
Man, I actually enjoy this whole arc, but sad to read that they cut such a dark part from the novel :/ If it gets published in my country, I'm definitely buying it!

Her existance turned out entirely pointless in anime, she was there, and suddenly was gone, without even seeing Itachi, damn it -_-

New ending is okay, I guess? Nothing special. I'm more excited for the new opening!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itachi is a messed up character and doesn't deserve the fan love

Decader - Dec 11, 2023

42 by Andromeda567 »»
Apr 17, 3:47 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 484 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2016

79 by Vysarine »»
Apr 13, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 82 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shotta77 - Oct 30, 2008

102 by a_polani »»
Apr 11, 3:50 AM

» Any Recommendations?

Proman9710 - Oct 5, 2021

49 by Proman9710 »»
Apr 10, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 20 Discussion

jobocan - Jul 19, 2007

41 by drzod1k_lilla »»
Apr 10, 6:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.