Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 3, 2016 10:55 PM

Sep 2013
Emilia's voice sounds so similar to Amamiya Sora.... I thought she was voicing her until I saw the profile on myanimelist. Anyone also had this thought?
trabeus1Apr 3, 2016 10:59 PM

Apr 3, 2016 11:08 PM
Sep 2013
trabeus1 said:
Emilia's voice sounds so similar to Amamiya Sora.... I thought she was voicing her until I saw the profile on myanimelist. Anyone also had this thought?

No, she sounds similar to Konosuba's Megumin.
Apr 3, 2016 11:58 PM

Oct 2015
MarkFlowers said:
trabeus1 said:

Same Voice Actor lol.
Apr 4, 2016 2:58 AM

Oct 2014
Prog_upworks13 said:
MarkFlowers said:

Same Voice Actor lol.

which kinda ruins the vibe for me because every time white hair girl talks I keep expecting "Explosion!" =D
Apr 4, 2016 9:20 AM
Mar 2015
Explosion!
Seems yes, since they voiced by the same person
Apr 11, 2016 1:45 AM
Mar 2016
I have difficulty understanding and enjoying Emilia character because she sounds exactly as Megumin (KonoSuba). No difference at voice at all. At least the VA (Rie Takahashi) was able to differentiate her voice on Sore ga Seiyuu and School-Live. But that's ok, many popular VA's are also like that, not differentiating their voices (HanaKana, Hayami, Matsuoka, Hosoya).
Apr 11, 2016 1:55 AM

Oct 2014
crx07 said:
I have difficulty understanding and enjoying Emilia character because she sounds exactly as Megumin (KonoSuba). No difference at voice at all. At least the VA (Rie Takahashi) was able to differentiate her voice on Sore ga Seiyuu and School-Live. But that's ok, many popular VA's are also like that, not differentiating their voices (HanaKana, Hayami, Matsuoka, Hosoya).

I disagree.
Takahashi Rie used her own real voice in Megumin.
While she uses a slightly higher voice for Emilia. The last time she used this pitch of her vocal range was when she voiced Naoki Miki (Gakkougurashi!)

The only problem with Explosion is because we all have watched KonoSuba last season and also about the accent she uses.

and btw, HanaKana differentiates her voice during her active years.
You just haven't watch enough Kana-chan.
(Kugimiya Rie.. now that's what you call: not differentiates her voice..)
Apr 11, 2016 2:43 AM

Mar 2010
crx07 said:

Eh, she sounds pretty different to me.
Apr 11, 2016 2:52 AM
Mar 2016
Revvie-chan said:
I disagree.
While she uses a slightly higher voice for Emilia. The last time she used this pitch of her vocal range was when she voiced Naoki Miki (Gakkougurashi!)
The only problem with Explosion is because we all have watched KonoSuba last season and also about the accent she uses.

I get it. Most probably it is because of the accent. But I don't really feel that Takahashi used her real voice in Megumin.
Not a spoiler. Just hid it because it's off-topic.
Apr 11, 2016 2:58 AM

Sep 2008
She sounds completely different when she does Megumin.
Apr 11, 2016 3:16 AM

Oct 2014
crx07 said:
Revvie-chan said:
I disagree.

I get it. Most probably it is because of the accent. But I don't really feel that Takahashi used her real voice in Megumin.

Not a spoiler. Just hid it because it's off-topic.

Nah, she did, Takahashi Rie on Megumin

Kana-chan: well... if that's what you meant, than that has something to do with the demand, instead.
An actor/actress voiced according to what the director & the writer & sound department want. While he/she gives input about his/her own image of the character, the director makes the decision in the end.
Apr 28, 2016 8:44 PM
Mar 2016
@Revvie-chan I can't hear Megumin anymore! Starting on ep2. Also I think Emilia's voice is not the same as Megumin's on the last seconds of ep1.
Apr 29, 2016 1:30 AM

Oct 2014
crx07 said:
@Revvie-chan I can't hear Megumin anymore! Starting on ep2. Also I think Emilia's voice is not the same as Megumin's on the last seconds of ep1.

Whoa I commented weeks ago, I forgot where we were

Well, after weeks, even I can't.
Nah, I said it: Takahashi Rie uses the pitch she used on Naoki Miki for Emilia, not Megumin.

It was (subconscious) expectation that made me heard Megumin, instead, which was completely my fault lol.
Apr 30, 2016 7:57 AM

Mar 2010
I feel there was very little Megunin there to begin with, but meh.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

715 by XionnaMing »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

2072 by Nanami0007 »»
Today, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2016

538 by XionnaMing »»
Today, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2016

510 by XionnaMing »»
Today, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2016

816 by XionnaMing »»
Today, 6:49 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.