Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 3, 2016 8:04 PM

Jan 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Well goodness, the August hype is getting even stronger. The Northern situation sure is dire though, poor Sabertooth and Blue Pegasus. :( Silly Mashima, you're a bit late for crucifixions we just had Easter! XD Hope my Strauss Siblings help out big..OH MY GOD SNOW BUNNY LISANNA! SCREE! SCREE OF JOY! XD Ahem...sorry 'bout that...plus Gajeel/Lily/Levy. So that pretty boy's Neinhart? Not what I was expecting. XD
animefan8800Apr 4, 2016 3:37 AM
Apr 4, 2016 2:03 AM

Jan 2009
lets see if August is really the terror Brandish claims

and Sabertooth is crucified

Apr 4, 2016 3:50 AM

Jun 2013
Good chapter. Hopefuly Neinheart will impress us more, but he's fighting miss plot armour, author's favorite character and some OP chick...
Apr 4, 2016 4:08 AM

Dec 2012
WOW Sabertooth & Blue Pegasus both got annihilated.

Erza, Kagura & Jella vs Neinhart.

For a minute I though Simon was actually back, but turns out it was Neinhart's magic.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Apr 4, 2016 4:12 AM

Apr 2008
Now the people who were complaining about the war not being dark enough can kindly shove it.
Apr 4, 2016 4:19 AM

Dec 2013
Seeing them crucified was a major shock. Can't really see a reason why they were captured alive tho. Plot armour saved them lol

Learning that Simon was an illusion was a massive relief.
Apr 4, 2016 4:37 AM
Sep 2015
i'm scared that the Gajeel's team will defeat Bradman for the next chapters. Because the hype is really real right now.
Apr 4, 2016 4:39 AM
Sep 2012
Hmm well the August hype continues, and looks like Cana is about to do something, I expect August to show up just before Cana can use Fairy Glitter, he will attack Cana, you know what that means, Gildarts has to show up. If he doesn't show up in this spot, he is never coming back.

And Brandish just change sides, you know you want to do.

So the North forces were destroyed, and luckily for them the enemy are too arrogant to just kill them, they want to make a big show for Fairy Tail, okay they will regret it. But Fairy Tail alone can't turn this around, they will need reinforcements and that has to be the rest of Crime Sorciere shows up. That means that is when Yukino reunites with her sister, and maybe Gajeel and Cobra have another little moment together for those that are reading the side stories.

And yes I wonder if Hiro have heard about all these Simon theories and wanted troll just for a bit. So what is this Simon, just a thought projection, is his real body a robot, this magic implies if it was someone else, it would be another person important to them. If Yukino had a run in with Neinhart that would be Sorano, or that was Gray it would be Ur, actually that would be kind of cool, Hiro I think you waste this power on this fight, I think I rather see Gray and Lyon fight a fake Ur than Erza, Jellal, and Kagura fight a fake Simon.

Anyway that was a good chapter, sets a lot of things up nicely.
Apr 4, 2016 4:40 AM

Jan 2012
Lucy-is-onemagic said:
i'm scared that the Gajeel's team will defeat Bradman for the next chapters. Because the hype is really real right now.

Judging from next chapter's title I'm expecting Mashima to cover the Neinhart fight the next few chapters. Unless he decides to jump around again.
Apr 4, 2016 4:49 AM

Dec 2013
The crucified scene is probably an illusion. Wouldn't make any sense if it wasn't.
G_Spark233Apr 4, 2016 4:55 AM
Apr 4, 2016 4:55 AM

Apr 2008
G_Spark233 said:
The crucified scene is probably an illusions. Wouldn't make any sense if it wasn't.

It's not an illusion. >_>
Apr 4, 2016 5:02 AM
Nov 2015
G_Spark233 said:
The crucified scene is probably an illusion. Wouldn't make any sense if it wasn't.

And why wouldn't it make any sense? It is not an illusion.
Apr 4, 2016 5:16 AM

May 2012
Welp, that's pretty brutal and somewhat dark. Didn't really expect them to be that barbaric lol

Wonder how Mavis' plan is gonna work out. It'll probably succeed but still. She having the curse and all

Apr 4, 2016 5:18 AM
Mar 2013
G_Spark233 said:

They got decimated.

There were three Spriggans in the North followed by thousands of soldiers.
Apr 4, 2016 5:26 AM

Oct 2013
Man that view was disgusting. :/

Edit: Does anyone think that Mavis has to die so that Zeref may be defeated?
Jet_Nice_GuyApr 4, 2016 5:34 AM
Apr 4, 2016 5:33 AM

Dec 2013
Chaos_Harbinger said:
G_Spark233 said:

There's no reason to keep them alive at all.
Apr 4, 2016 5:34 AM

Dec 2013
Darklight0303 said:
G_Spark233 said:
The crucified scene is probably an illusions. Wouldn't make any sense if it wasn't.

You make a solid argument with a lot of good points.
Apr 4, 2016 5:35 AM

Apr 2008
G_Spark233 said:
Darklight0303 said:

You didn't make any better of an argument either. Plus dangling the defeated like that is a a great source of psychological warfare. =_=
Apr 4, 2016 5:36 AM

Nov 2011
Hmm, that did get a bit dark. I got a bad feeling about what Neinhart has planned now as well..
Apr 4, 2016 5:36 AM
Nov 2015
G_Spark233 said:
Chaos_Harbinger said:

I'm pretty sure crucifying means hanging you on a cross and impaling you ._.

They probably won't keep them alive. Most likely they were planning to kill all the SB and BP members but Fairy Tail will intervene.
Apr 4, 2016 5:40 AM

Dec 2013
Chaos_Harbinger said:
G_Spark233 said:

They probably won't keep them alive. Most likely they were planning to kill all the SB and BP members but Fairy Tail will intervene.

They are marching towards Fairy Tail and they aren't going to kill them.
Apr 4, 2016 5:41 AM

Dec 2013
Darklight0303 said:
G_Spark233 said:

You didn't make any better of an argument either. Plus dangling the defeated like that is a a great source of psychological warfare. =_=

Sparing the enemies lives isn't a good idea. Ever.

I did post an earlier arguement but I was too lazy to add it to my new post.
Apr 4, 2016 5:45 AM

Aug 2013
So much August hype. This is just going to be another Mashima troll.

I guess Mavis will become alive and use her infinite magic to destroy Zeref and save Natsu
Apr 4, 2016 5:50 AM

Apr 2012
I'm hoping Gildarts still pulls through at some point soon
Apr 4, 2016 5:59 AM
Dec 2010
for a moment , i thought they gonna bring simon to live, good thing he is not real.
Apr 4, 2016 6:00 AM

Jan 2013
thank the heavens simon wasn't real. would have lost my shit if he was.

That crucification was startling though...
Apr 4, 2016 6:00 AM
Nov 2015
G_Spark233 said:
Chaos_Harbinger said:

Probably to warn/frighten Ishgar's forces.
Apr 4, 2016 6:17 AM

Sep 2014
The crucifying was quite surprising, oh well, they'll get away eventually.
For a second I thought Simon is actually back, glad that's not the case.
Hope all this August hype is not for nothing..
Apr 4, 2016 6:19 AM

Jun 2013
Brandish is starting to take FT seriously huh...I think she is currently only one....along with Zeref's adjutant and August...maybe

Oh...Hachigatsu....or Month of August....they are really building up the Fame of the So called Magic King....He better be as Bad Ass that we expect...Rest of the Spriggan 12 aside...If HE gets One Shot....I will rip My Hair of out of anger.

Oh Lalaa....CANA IS SO SEXY!!! .............Wait....MAVIS IS COMING OUT OF THE CRYSTAL!?!

Oh, bOy...Cana get's quite dirty job to do....

O__O HOLY SHIT!!! BLUE PEGASUS AND SABERTOOTH DEFEATED!?!?!?!!

....What the F***!? ....It really did F**KINg Happen...Simon is back...I hope this is illusion...Oh it was? Yes!
JarjaxleApr 4, 2016 6:34 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Apr 4, 2016 6:33 AM

Jun 2013
Chaos_Harbinger said:
G_Spark233 said:

Probably to warn/frighten Ishgar's forces.

Psychological Warfare....QUite effective is Say...makes Opponents sloppy when they become seriously pissed off
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Apr 4, 2016 7:19 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
King of Magic!? Power of friendship would take care of him anyway

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Apr 4, 2016 7:44 AM

Jul 2007
Can't wait till Pegasus and Sabertooth get saved and yet again there are no consequences.Why are they not dead yet? Because Mashima, that's why. :^)

This is what happens when the whole arc has been nothing but consequence-erasing bullshit - you see something like this and instead of going "OMG" you go "meh they will be fine in a second". This is the difference between brilliance of Tartaros arc and this bs. Tartaros made consequences believable. This on other hand just makes you go "just end this already".

Also Neinhart looks awful. He looked so badass as a silhouette, but when he was revealed? He was a disappointment. I guess that sums up this arc too - great promising hype followed by awful let down bullshit.
I guess that's another throw-away spriggan that will lose to some bullshit.

Overall boring and slow chapter with nothing of importance happening.

3/5. Thank god the Simon reveal was fake because if it was real I would have literally dropped the manga.
Apr 4, 2016 7:51 AM
Jan 2013
It's bad that Sabertooth and Blue Pegasus was taken down and crucified, but wouldn't it better for Alvarez to just kill them if they (or maybe some spriggans) were able to incapacitate them?

Historia of corpses? Does that means "Historia" mixture of Keyes and Ultear's power perhaps?
Apr 4, 2016 8:04 AM

Jun 2013
Fai said:
Can't wait till Pegasus and Sabertooth get saved and yet again there are no consequences.Why are they not dead yet? Because Mashima, that's why. :^)

This is what happens when the whole arc has been nothing but consequence-erasing bullshit - you see something like this and instead of going "OMG" you go "meh they will be fine in a second". This is the difference between brilliance of Tartaros arc and this bs. Tartaros made consequences believable. This on other hand just makes you go "just end this already".

Also Neinhart looks awful. He looked so badass as a silhouette, but when he was revealed? He was a disappointment. I guess that sums up this arc too - great promising hype followed by awful let down bullshit.

3/5. Thank god the Simon reveal was fake because if it was real I would have literally dropped the manga.

There was no 'major' character death in Tartaros... the council died, but they weren't that build up to feel sorry for them. And these people are fan favorites, the twin dragons won't die, because they need them against Acnologia (probably) and Yukino needs to meet her sister. I don't see the issues of complaining about lack of death in a manga like Fairy Tail, where the author values life above everything.
Apr 4, 2016 8:13 AM

Dec 2015
idc about another detail,,, all i know is brandish's legs were incredibly hot... lol
Apr 4, 2016 8:15 AM

Dec 2015
Can't wait to see August in action, if he's everything he's been hyped up to be, it's gonna be great. And yes finally! My boy Gajeel, can't wait to see to see him and his group in action. But damn, the situation up north is fucked. Both Sabertooth and Pegasus are annihilated, and crucified, that page shocked me. The northern forces seem brutal. Bradman hype there as well.
Relieved that the Simon reveal was fake, Neinhart seems like he has quite a interesting power.

Apr 4, 2016 8:20 AM

Dec 2015
All these people wondering why they didn't just kill them seem to not understand the concept of giving the enemy a slow death. From what it seems, with all the unharmed soldiers beneath them, Sabertooth and Blue Pegasus were wiped out by overwhelming power. Hence they aren't considered to pose enough of a threat to have to deal with them quickly, so the enemy is toying with them until they actually drop.
Apr 4, 2016 8:34 AM

Jul 2007
metsujin said:
Fai said:

There was no 'major' character death in Tartaros... the council died, but they weren't that build up to feel sorry for them. And these people are fan favorites, the twin dragons won't die, because they need them against Acnologia (probably) and Yukino needs to meet her sister. I don't see the issues of complaining about lack of death in a manga like Fairy Tail, where the author values life above everything.

Council was major superpower their death was in the scale unheard of in Fairy Tail. The destruction of them was BRUTAL and set he tone.Then the guild got exploded, lots of Ft members ended up on death bed and the stakes were higher than ever. It created a tense arc where you genuinely could not know what would happen and every fight(except Erza's bullshit) felt earned and had consequences. IT was the arc where even though fairytail won, they lost.

With this arc its literally just bunch of filler villains goofing off till FujoshiDragon finally gets his final fight with Natsu. These super badass dudes destroyed some country we never heard of or cared about or even saw. Then they entered Magnolia and there's supposed offscreen fights going on we never acre about. The first few spriggans, instead of setting stone ended up being the laughing stock(Brandish acting like a dog....) and focus of comedy. The second set of spriggans were no better and yet again lost to convenience and stupidity. At the same time a lot of consequences of tartaros got erased with VERY convenient asspulls and Lucy literally lost her character arc. The third set of spriggans then offscreened wizard saints only to get the strongest of them owned by fujoshi dragon who enters the plot because I don't know why.
And now Mashima expects the readers to care about the stakes? WHY?

This arc is a mess worse than Avatar arc and GMG by now. At least in GMG there were actual consequences. Which incidentally got shitted on in this arc.
Frostbite4 said:
All these people wondering why they didn't just kill them seem to not understand the concept of giving the enemy a slow death.

Which makes no sense in a war. Its literally one of many "dumb mistakes to make as a villain" things.
AhenshihaelApr 4, 2016 8:38 AM
Apr 4, 2016 8:45 AM

Jun 2013
Fai said:

Council was major superpower. The destruction of them was BRUTAL and se the tone.

Then the guild got exploded, lots of Ft members ended up on death bed and the stakes were higher than ever.

With this arc its literally just bunch of filler villains goofing off till FujoshiDragon finally gets his final fight with Natsu.

Major super power my ass, Fairy Tail and some other guilds solved most of their problem with the evil guilds. They just arrested them because there has to be someone responsible for all of the destruction caused with those fights.

The guild gets exploded or damaged (even last chapter), in almost every arc. The spriggans and Tartaros demons, are pretty similar, I don't see that big of a difference between them (just power wise). I did like Tartaros, and the tone was much darker than what we had in this arc (plus minus few chapters here and there) up until this point, so things can go 180 on us.
Apr 4, 2016 8:57 AM
Nov 2015
@Fai : May I ask what 'fujoshi' means?
Apr 4, 2016 9:07 AM

Jul 2007
Chaos_Harbinger said:

"rotten girl") is a self-mockingly pejorative Japanese term for female fans of manga and novels that feature romantic relationships between men. Fujoshi enjoy imagining what it would be like if male characters from manga and anime, and occasionally real-life male performers as well, loved each other.

Its a demographic in japan.

Bishonen characters are usually designed with the goal of appealing to them. Which is my main belief on why Acnologia is no longer a badass dragon and looks like...that.
Apr 4, 2016 9:23 AM
Nov 2015
Fai said:
Chaos_Harbinger said:

"rotten girl") is a self-mockingly pejorative Japanese term for female fans of manga and novels that feature romantic relationships between men. Fujoshi enjoy imagining what it would be like if male characters from manga and anime, and occasionally real-life male performers as well, loved each other.

Its a demographic in japan.

Bishonen characters are usually designed with the goal of appealing to them. Which is my main belief on why Acnologia is no longer a badass dragon and looks like...that.

But how does Acnologia look bishonen? He still looks badass imo :p
Apr 4, 2016 9:33 AM

Dec 2009
Interesting chapter. Things are getting darker with Sabertooth and Blue Pegasus being crucified like that. Hope Mavis' plan to take her body out of the crystal and destroy her astral body doesn't perma kill her :l Almost lost it at Simon appearing but thankfully he's not real. I was worried when Simon, Erza, and Kagura got paired together but glad to see they were paired together just to get mentally fucked with.
Apr 4, 2016 10:23 AM

Jan 2015
Now this is the chapter I've been waiting for. Don't yell at me; I'm just happy to see Jellal. I'm looking forward to seeing Jellal, Erza and Kagura's fight but Neinhart's design is just... you know.
Also, it's nice to see those crucifixions. Not that I'm a sadist or anything but at least now it seems like a war.
MALoween 2017 Candy:
Apr 4, 2016 11:22 AM
Oct 2013
metsujin said:
Good chapter. Hopefuly Neinheart will impress us more, but he's fighting miss plot armour, author's favorite character and some OP chick...

Oh comeone to be honest Natsu has the same amount of plot armor as Erza arguebly the second most bullshit fights in the series.I´ll give him that Erza vs Kyouka puts her a cut above him however I was more interested in the Simon callback.

Calling that now so that I can laugh at every drama faboys face and taste their sweet tears when Simon comes back to onehit some enemies to safe Erza and Kagura.

Neinhart fight conclusion:

A.Neinhart will pull some bullshit they all lose Simon comes back kicks him in the neck, he gets beaten. Family reunion yadayadayada.

B. Neinhart gets beaten by their teamwork/friendship. Troops come Simon safes them from the troops. Family reunion yadyadayada

Ps: Neinhart sure reminds me of this character

Julius from Ravemaster

This was how he was beaten.
IsterioApr 4, 2016 11:29 AM
Apr 4, 2016 11:27 AM

Jun 2013
Isterio said:
metsujin said:

Oh comeone to be honest Natsu has the same amount of plot armor as Erza arguebly the second most bullshit fights in the series.I´ll give him that Erza vs Kyouka puts her a cut above him however I was more interested in the Simon callback.

Calling that now so that I can laugh at every drama faboys face and taste their sweet tears when he comes back to onehit some enemies to safe Erza and Kagura.

A.Neinhart will pull some bullshit they all lose Simon comes back kicks him in the neck, he gets beaten. Family reunion yadayadayada.

B. Neinhart gets beaten by their teamwork/friendship. Troops come Simon safes them from the troops.

Natsu's fight are definitely different than Erza's, he gets help from the others, Erza just thinks of her friends and wins, there's a difference.

Don't think Simon will come back. I am interested in Neinhart's magic however.
Apr 4, 2016 11:31 AM
Oct 2013
metsujin said:

I thoroughly explained why he needs to come back to resolve a plotthread.

Would it be that bad if he was to come back?
Why would it bad?
Natsu and Erza survived the same Vortex of magical bullshit he´d have to survive in order to be alive. Why is their plotarmor legit and his not?

Tbh at this point the hints are pointing too strong into the direction of him coming back.

1. Fairy Tail is a happy story. Happier than Ravemaster! Which had a Happy End to begin with.

2. Why would Hiro teamup Kagura with Erza there is no point in teaming them up and conveniently bringing Jellal into the picture.

3.Why is Kagura Simon´s sister to begin with. It adds not much to the story if he´s not going to come back and redeem Jellal of his sins. Just for the sake of a grudge, an unnamed character would have done the same job.

4. We talk about a guy that made Brandish´s mom out of nowhere into an "important character" to give Brandish a bullshit sobstory.

We can agree to disagree, but I´m not thinking wishful that´s just how I perceive the hints we have given.

An actual better solution would be for Kagura to come to terms with her past and forgive Jellal. Similar how intially Elfman came to terms with Lissana´s death during the Phantom Lord Arc.

I repeat Lissana´s Death!
IsterioApr 4, 2016 11:38 AM
Apr 4, 2016 11:36 AM

Jun 2013
Isterio said:
metsujin said:

I thoroughly explained why he needs to come back to resolve a plotthread.

Would it be that bad if he was to come back?
Why would it bad?
Natsu and Erza survived the same Vortex of magical bullshit he´d have to survive in order to be alive. Why is their plotarmor legit and his not?

Tbh at this point the hints are pointing too strong into the direction of him coming back.

1. Fairy Tail is a happy story. Happier than Ravemaster! Which had a Happy End to begin with.

2. Why would Hiro teamup Kagura with Erza there is no point in teaming them up and conveniently bringing Jellal into the picture.

3.Why is Kagura Simon´s sister to begin with. It adds not much to the story if he´s not going to come back and redeem Jellal of his sins. Just for the sake of a grudge, an unnamed character would have done the same job.

Same way as Brandish´s mom was introduced as an "important character" to give Brandish a bullshit sobstory.

He was death at the time, and wasn't it implied that the one who managed to save them was Jellal?
Apr 4, 2016 11:42 AM
Oct 2013
metsujin said:

He was death at the time, and wasn't it implied that the one who managed to save them was Jellal?

May I remind you that several characters supposedly have "died" in this story and came back.

Here a list.

Erza.
Jellal.
Racer.
Lissana.
Zeref.
Mavis.

That does not include bullshit situations where plot armor saved characters like Happy´s Afro for example or Tenru Island that magically preserved it´s members whatever happens.
IsterioApr 4, 2016 11:46 AM
Apr 4, 2016 12:32 PM
Sep 2014
Fanboy replies make me laugh.

Let's say this war has not been "dark enough" until this chapter, would that invalidate the argument that the war wasn't dark enough until this chapter? Seriously, fanboyism is a plague that only infects the simple-minded. Ugh.

Personally, I don't care, I read Fairy Tail for what it is; A pretty and inconsistent entertaining mess.

I can't even focus on this, my mind is still wrapped around the season finale that is my one true love, The Walking Dead. Fairy Tail who?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Yesterday, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 248 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Aug 27, 2011

75 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 9:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.