Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 3, 2016 1:43 PM

Dec 2015
There's a surprising lack of hype for the movie. Especially since this will expand on Kirito and Asuna's relationship, which has always been one of my favourite parts of SAO. Anyone else who's ready to ride the hype train?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 4, 2016 6:16 PM
Jul 2018
Barely anyone cares about this movie because:
WE WANT SEASON 3!!! Alicization is the best arc (Tied with Mother's Rosario).
Apr 4, 2016 6:19 PM

Nov 2014
CherryLover said:
There's a surprising lack of hype for the movie. Especially since this will expand on Kirito and Asuna's relationship, which has always been one of my favourite parts of SAO. Anyone else who's ready to ride the hype train?
I was not aware there would be a movie about them 2. You just hyped me and you are right, the romance is the best part. Off to bed I go now!
One at a time!
Apr 4, 2016 6:42 PM

Feb 2016
I'm a dub fan. It would likely be awhile before it's dubbed and before it reaches something like Netflix. I could watch sub, but if I start dub, I want to continue dubbed.

I'm slow watching when it comes to movies because I have to be in the mood which is kinda rare. I typically watch one 20-30m episode while I eat, maybe two. So, a 1h 1/2~ movie doesn't really workout. I don't like leaving and resuming, so I need to find the time to watch when I'm in the mood to sit that long.

I have like 6-7 movies to watch, haven't made any progress. Especially since one half is recaps. (Not counting like the 10~ DBZ movies whenever I get to watching dbz)

This would just get added to the long waitlist. I'm not easily hyped, regardless of what I'm getting.

Also... (not a actual spoiler, I'm just using a spoiler as a container)

Have they released any specific info about the movie? Is it like a sequel to s2 and a prequel to s3 (if they make a s3)

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Apr 4, 2016 7:01 PM

Apr 2015
I don't care enough to create a thread for it, but I care enough to say that I don't care.
Apr 4, 2016 7:31 PM

Oct 2013
Airs in 2017, not only that it's just a filler cash cow movie. What did you expect?
Apr 4, 2016 7:33 PM

Sep 2012
I stopped caring about SAO like a year ago. About 3 years too late.
Apr 18, 2016 12:21 AM
Sep 2012
A movie about Kirito and Asuna? no thx.
Apr 18, 2016 12:23 AM

May 2015
why the fuck would anyone fund this bileeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Apr 18, 2016 12:28 AM

Apr 2013
It's on my PTW list, but it's not like I'm really looking forward to it. I'll just watch it and hope for some nice visuals :3
Apr 18, 2016 12:58 AM

Oct 2014
I don't think I'll watch it. I've wasted enough of my life on season 1 and 2. Both were shit, but it's hard to decide which one was worse. I enjoyed both at the time that I watched them, although I found that the second half of each season were much worse than their first halves.
Apr 18, 2016 12:25 PM

Apr 2015
Nick-Knight said:

Alicization arc might redeem the old failures
Apr 23, 2016 7:04 PM
Mar 2015
I like alicization arc rather than the arc in season 2 and fairy dance
Apr 27, 2016 3:12 AM
Apr 2016
The lack of hype is a good thing, if the movie somehow redeems the series (doubtful) it would explode all over the internet but if it flops like all the other SAO arcs then it will simply be forgotten.

on the other hand if the movie was hyped and did not live up to expectations then expect massive community backlash.
Apr 27, 2016 8:25 AM

Jul 2014
FromZeroToZero said:
Nick-Knight said:

Or depending on how unlucky we are it might multiply them. But then again I'm feeling something awful after watching S1 and S2 so what do I know.(I liked Suguha though. But the rest of the 1st Season: No)
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Apr 27, 2016 9:01 AM

Jul 2013
I care about anything other than Asuna and Kirito's relationship.

That was one of the most overdone and repulsive elements of SAO.
Apr 27, 2016 11:05 AM

Dec 2013
Do haters get more stupid each time i encounter them or what? XD Already saying it's trash tier before they even saw a glimpse of footage.
Apr 27, 2016 11:08 AM

Jul 2015
im always waiting for season 3
i will watch the movie but im not excepting too much
Apr 27, 2016 11:51 AM

Apr 2015
TheHatredDMC said:
FromZeroToZero said:

Or depending on how unlucky we are it might multiply them. But then again I'm feeling something awful after watching S1 and S2 so what do I know.(I liked Suguha though. But the rest of the 1st Season: No)

In A1 pictures we trust lol
Apr 27, 2016 11:26 PM

Mar 2016
FromZeroToZero said:
TheHatredDMC said:

Lol I hope A-1 does well on the alicization arc , i went over the events quickly and it really seems better than all arcs but even 25 episodes won't cover it all .
As for the movie , looking forward to it , but i want the alicization arc more than this :p ...
Apr 27, 2016 11:31 PM

Apr 2015
DragonSlayer_19 said:
FromZeroToZero said:

Lol I hope A-1 does well on the alicization arc , i went over the events quickly and it really seems better than all arcs but even 25 episodes won't cover it all .
As for the movie , looking forward to it , but i want the alicization arc more than this :p ...

It definitely can't be covered in 25 episodes, unless A1 tries to cram 9 volumes into one season, which would be awful
Apr 27, 2016 11:50 PM

Jun 2015
Tbh I care more about the release of progressive more than the movie.
Apr 27, 2016 11:56 PM

Sep 2009
Maybe because the second half of SAO and the second season were bad enough.
Let's take OP Kirito, turn him into an elf, and insert him into happy-fantasyland-with-tentacles!
And then "let's take OP Kirito and turn him into a crossdresser!"
And keep giving him more hoes even though he has a waifu...?
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Apr 28, 2016 7:16 AM

Jun 2012
b00m666 said:
Do haters get more stupid each time i encounter them or what? XD Already saying it's trash tier before they even saw a glimpse of footage.

you would think they would move on after so much time, but they're still as salty as ever

that's what I call dedication!

jajaj

-------------------

tbh I didn't know about the movie until today

I'm pretty excited for it, I really like the romance between those two

- I only draw freestyle! -
Apr 28, 2016 7:29 AM

Nov 2015
Maybe because people have seen the light.
They've realized how much time they've wasted and want no more of it.
I mean just look at S1s mean score dip!
Apr 28, 2016 10:25 AM

Jun 2015
If it's gonna be a train-wreck like Mother's Rosario, then I'd rather pass.

Still, I think a remake of Aincrad or adapting the Progressive is much more appreciated.
ok :p
Apr 28, 2016 9:22 PM

Dec 2013
GesuYarou said:

the way you said That would imply that no one has his own preferences, i've seen sao's shortcomings and novel story skips which i feel quite sad about but it is still entertaining for me.
Apr 28, 2016 10:37 PM

Oct 2015
You have to be 12 or something to get hyped over SAO (no offence to the fans)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2016 10:41 PM

Mar 2015
this is blatantly cashgrab filler before alicization arc.. why would i got hyped something like this?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 28, 2016 10:45 PM

Dec 2012
I didn't even know this was a thing

EDIT: Just found my post in another thread about this.. Turns out I just completely forgot about it lol
Apr 29, 2016 2:32 AM
Apr 2016
b00m666 said:

Nothing wrong with speculating, after all thats what these threads before releases are for.
Apr 29, 2016 7:01 AM

Nov 2015
b00m666 said:
GesuYarou said:

the way you said That would imply that no one has his own preferences, i've seen sao's shortcomings and novel story skips which i feel quite sad about but it is still entertaining for me.

But then just have a look at its MAL score..
It's probably the quickest dip I've ever seen.
Apr 30, 2016 3:34 PM

Oct 2014
b00m666 said:

sure because it being a part of the sao franchise is not a good indicator of the movie quality
May 1, 2016 9:46 AM
Jul 2018
It could be really cool, coming from someone who really enjoyed Aincrad, mostly enjoyed Fairy Dance, mostly enjoyed Phantom Bullet, and really, really enjoyed Mother's Rosario.

I don't disagree with most people's issues with the show, but they're pretty standard "anime issues", tbh. Stuff that's wrong with most mainstream shows, so it hardly makes SAO unwatchable. That being said, Mother's Rosario seemed almost like a direct reply to people that hate SAO. It was almost like it was written by an entirely different person.

If Mother's Rosario is any indication of the future, Alicization should be really good, and Ordinal Scale should be better, since it wasn't in the light novels at all. Kawahara and the people working on the show have had plenty of time to look at what people hate about the show, and address those issues. Especially since they said during Sakura Con that they were still writing the script.
May 1, 2016 2:12 PM

Dec 2014
How many death games is this dumb motherfucker going to play jesus christ.

Regardless if you're a fan or not, I cannot understand how you could be hyped for this. It's practically guaranteed to be redundant as fuck
May 1, 2016 2:46 PM
Jul 2018
Mapplesauce said:
How many death games is this dumb motherfucker going to play jesus christ.

Regardless if you're a fan or not, I cannot understand how you could be hyped for this. It's practically guaranteed to be redundant as fuck

Only one of them was a death game, though.

I'm torn between arguing with your snark, or commending you for the Log Horizon/Seinfeld/Scott Pilgrim forum set.

You tasteful bastard.
May 1, 2016 2:57 PM

Dec 2014
I mean it wasn't necessarily the actual game but there was that one edgy rapist who tried killing him in gun gale online, so I considered that as a death game.

Also the other quest he had to complete had the whole game at risk or whatever. Yeah it isn't really a death game, but had some insane risk involved, which I still don't understand the point of. Fuck, what the hell kind of staff team would spend that much time into programming a game and then decide to make a mission that could potentially destroy the whole game, making them lose all of their revenue?

But anyway if the game they play in the movie isn't risking anything then I'm sure the audience will have difficulty taking anything in the movie seriously.

Also thanks for the compliment I guess. Haven't found anyone else on this site who likes scott pilgrim lol
MapplesauceMay 1, 2016 3:04 PM
May 2, 2016 5:19 AM

Jul 2015
ZodiacPT said:
CherryLover said:
I was not aware there would be a movie about them 2. You just hyped me and you are right, the romance is the best part. Off to bed I go now!

the romance is the best part........................whut romance?
It's okay to smirk

May 2, 2016 5:20 AM

Nov 2011
I care more about season 3.

May 3, 2016 2:09 PM

Dec 2015
Im very excited about this movie...
But i would be more if it was a third season... :)
May 5, 2016 4:11 AM

Feb 2016
not really interested in this movie. Well, i lost my interest in this anime

Aincrad arc : interested
Fairy dance arc : lost a bit
Phantom Bullet Arc : different setting, interest me a bit
The calibur and mother rosario : lost it all. It's like the anime lost its story focus and randomly starts another arcs

Well, after reading some spoilers, the alicization arc seems interesting.
Yolo
May 5, 2016 7:13 PM
Aug 2015
CherryLover said:

probably because its set between the worst ark in SAO
May 6, 2016 3:57 AM
Apr 2015
At this point, they're just milking it.
May 7, 2016 10:14 AM

Dec 2015
DoctorSexy said:
CherryLover said:

I disagree, you seem to be hating on the relationship for no good reason.
May 7, 2016 7:55 PM
Aug 2015
CherryLover said:
DoctorSexy said:

i probably would care if the main love interest wasn't so bland

they would of made sinon the main love interest

kiritoXsinon
May 8, 2016 9:11 AM

Jul 2014
Lack of hype indeed... didn't even know about this 'til I accidentally saw the PV thumbnail on MAL's main page.
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
May 8, 2016 9:30 AM

Feb 2015
DarkChronus said:
It has been that way ever since S1E15, when the premise was thrown away and the series became a terrible battle-harem.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
May 8, 2016 3:14 PM

Dec 2015
Caelidesu said:
DarkChronus said:
It has been that way ever since S1E15, when the premise was thrown away and the series became a terrible battle-harem.

If you think this way, then there is virtually no reason for you to be in this hype thread. Hating on SAO just to hate is not original in any way.

DoctorSexy said:
CherryLover said:

i probably would care if the main love interest wasn't so bland

they would of made sinon the main love interest

kiritoXsinon

Again, then why are you here? It is quite obvious Asuna is the most important female character in the series, and your calling her bland only shows your ignorance.
CherryLoverMay 8, 2016 3:22 PM
May 8, 2016 10:50 PM

Feb 2015
CherryLover said:
Caelidesu said:
Hating on SAO just to hate is not original in any way.

I'm not 'hating on SAO just to hate'. I'm seriously pissed off that SAO took a fantastic premise and threw it away for no good reason. Don't pretend that I have no legitimate reason to hate it.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
May 12, 2016 3:39 AM

Dec 2014

Haters gonna hate~~~~~~~they hate so hard~~

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online Movie: Ordinal Scale Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - Feb 18, 2017

380 by CcCharles »»
Apr 6, 1:32 AM

» feel sorry for yuna

Nagiue - Dec 24, 2023

6 by ItzElite »»
Dec 24, 2023 3:01 PM

» plot hole

MCA5EY - Sep 21, 2018

10 by satyamkumar4005 »»
Jul 30, 2023 9:40 AM

» Why R+ - Mild Nudity?

winfoharso - Mar 4, 2020

19 by Kirito_online »»
Aug 10, 2022 5:06 AM

» Somebody should fix the Source from Light novel to Original

KiraShitpostKage - Jul 20, 2020

1 by Nurguburu »»
Dec 4, 2020 11:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.