Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 3, 2016 10:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol that's exactly what I had thought about the way this show started. 3 minutes of real life and then bam, into the fantasy world for Subaru.

As far as world fiction goes, the show has a very fantasy atmosphere to it, no surprise there. Yeah, I felt kinda sorry for him stuck in the new world. Satella's VA did a neat job at portraying her character. I think some parts felt a bit talky between her and Sabaru but whatever. The show establishes relationship dynamics before plot but it does build up. Pacing is okay, I thought worked fine for the first episode actually until it got to the darker stuff. And yeah, that's death and shit.

Yeah, I got a thrilling feeling out of this although I've read parts of the LN and manga, curious to see what newcomers think about the way this was delivered. Elsa's such an evil woman lol.
AversaApr 16, 2016 6:06 PM
Apr 3, 2016 10:28 AM

Mar 2014
Stark do you know Hapanese is that how you can watch this stuff this early?

At work right now, cant wait to watch at home
"Fuck this shit, fun things are fun!"
Apr 3, 2016 10:31 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
That grocery scene with those cuts to another scene was pretty well done (even though we don't know what's going on). The MC's a little to calm, especially since he's in a complete different world. He gives me Kazuma vibes from KonoSuba (loving the fantasy world, has expectation about it too, wearing a tracksuit in a fantasy world). Lol, the guy got beaten up pretty bad! That cat thing was a little weird. Lesson learned: To make a loli stop crying, do a magic trick.

The plot twist though. Subaru and that silver-haired girl dies there O_O. Then Subaru unintentionally went back in time and things played out differently. Steins;Gate/HakoMari vibes here! Lol at Subaru showing off a camera. The MC died again, this time with the blonde girl! This second death was disturbing as hell O_O. Episode ended off with Subaru meeting the silver-haired girl again.

Overall great episode, as the series has a lot of potential. I liked the jump between the darker and lighter tones. Dialogue heavy episode, but it was entertaining. The art is pretty good and the characters are likeable. The pacing felt pretty good too. Glad that this was a 1 hour episode! This episode was good enough for me to want to start the LNs.

5/5
GoldenDevilGamerApr 3, 2016 7:12 PM
Apr 3, 2016 10:41 AM

Apr 2015
Light novel reader here. Personally I thought the adaptation was extremely well done. I'm really happy they went with the longer first episode because with that they can show the viewer what this show is really about.

If people thought this will be your generic "another world fantasy harem" then they know that this isn't the case at all by now.

It's death, suffering and oh even more death. The author is known to be one hell of a sadist and he shows this in the story all the freaking time. I'm not even exaggerating with that. There were times where I just wanted to hit him for the things he does to the characters. And it only gets worse and worse I mean there were some parts that were disturbing to read, well what I could translate with my broken Japanese. I'm not surprised that some Japanese can't take reading the novels. They work for a very long time and then reading this really dark and depressing story in your free time isn't for everyone.

Anyway the adaptation seems really high quality, I guess this has a huge budget and people that know what they're doing. At least I have the impression because of the longer first episode and the overall pace which is great.

I'm just so happy that this is 2 cour with at least 24 episodes. This gives the show even more potential. I know it has it due to the source material but it now depends on White Fox and the staff to bring that across in a correct way.

But people already guess the right direction. It definitely has some aspects from Steins;Gate as well as All you need is kill.

Definitely the strongest first episode besides BNHA for me :)

I'm craving for more "Suffering - The anime"

Edit: @Stark700 I think you should not call her by that because we don't know that yet at this point except they left this aspect out
FappaApr 3, 2016 10:55 AM
Apr 3, 2016 10:44 AM

Dec 2014
Good adaptation, good music, and good animation.

The only concern is White Fox (I wasn't satisfied with Utawarerumono last season) but I think they will do much better this time.
Apr 3, 2016 10:57 AM
Dec 2015
Based WHITE FOX.
They're good adapting the first episode.
I thought they're will wrap up the first arc into one episode, oh I'm wrong.
Pacing was okay, animation was good.
I know people will compare this with ERASED/Steins;Gate but trust me it's different later. This story will go darker and darker every episode.
Glad this is have two cour, I hope they're adapted the Third Arc. It's one of fucking amazing arc (and dark arc), just remind me of Berserk or Dorohedoro manga.

Yes, it's great episode , hope they're stay with this pacing, it's great WHITE FOX!!
NotThisShitAgainApr 3, 2016 11:09 AM
Murphy's Law

"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong"

Apr 3, 2016 11:06 AM

Apr 2015
NotThisShitAgain said:
Based WHITE FOX.
I know people will compare this with ERASED/Steins;Gate but trust me it's different later. This story will go darker and darker every episode.
Glad this is have two cour, I hope they're adapted the Third Arc. It's one of fucking amazing (and dark arc0, just remind me of Berserk or Dorohedoro manga.

Yes, it's great episode , hope they're stay with this pacing, it's great WHITE FOX!!

I also thought that but now that I saw that I'm happy they didn't do it. Fitting everything into this first episode would have been a tad too rushed after all. But next episode will wrap it up nicely :)

It has similarities to it but only in the time rewinding/revival aspect also maybe the desperation and helplessness but let people be wronged by the show itself I guess :)

I saw characters that appear in the third arc as character art so they will definitely adapt the third arc and we both know what this means *insert evil laughter*
FappaApr 3, 2016 11:09 AM
Apr 3, 2016 11:13 AM
Dec 2015
Fappa said:
NotThisShitAgain said:
Based WHITE FOX.
Glad this is have two cour, I hope they're adapted the Third Arc. It's one of fucking amazing (and dark arc0, just remind me of Berserk or Dorohedoro manga.

I also thought that but now that I saw that I'm happy they didn't do it. Fitting everything into this first episode would have been a tad too rushed after all. But next episode will wrap it up nicely :)

It has similarities to it but only in the time rewinding/revival aspect also maybe the desperation and helplessness but let people be wronged by the show itself I guess :)

I saw characters that appear in the third arc as character art so they will definitely adapt the third arc and we both know what this means *insert evil laughter*

Yeah, this arc only for "INTRODUCTION THE CONCEPT OF THE STORY AND SOME IMPORTANT CHARACTERS" before The "Real Shit" began in Third Arc. Hell, I can't wait for "THAT", hihihi
Murphy's Law

"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong"

Apr 3, 2016 11:36 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Glad to hear that the 5th of my Top 5 delivered :D

Just gonna edit this instead of double posting:

I FUCKING LOVED THIS SO MUCH

Firstly I love the balance between the different tones of this series, such a perfect blend between comedic light hearted moments and intense, serious and brutally dark moments

Secondly, the premise was very decent, I like how the world was setup leaving a lot of room for some more worldbuilding.....I'm glad that it's not a game world too because it's giving me serious Grimgar vibes based on the world but with more of a fantasy feeling with humans and demihumans I think they're called

Thirdly, the characters that we've been introduced too are very likable, Subaru is hilarious but at the same time he has a great personality and I like that he's no pushover combat wise (Well for a normal person that is lol), Satella is kawaii as fuck, Puck is pretty cool and fun, Felt and the Giant guy are awesome and that hot evil bitch was very menacing and badass

Lastly, the gore man, the GORE.....Thank God for no censorship!!!!!!! Man I was so thankful for this because this made the awesome fight scenes even better....Art and animation were good and the music was very fitting too (The OP song is very nice as well)

I can't wait to see more of this but now I get why people mentioned Steins Gate for this series....I wonder how this reset power works and I'm very curious to find out more about Satella and the evil bitch as well as this situation between them since it seems like there are factions working in the background...I'm curious about the magical and special items aspects of this as well

Really great start...
TokoyaApr 3, 2016 1:10 PM
Apr 3, 2016 11:41 AM
Jul 2018
Although I haven't watched the 1st ep yet, I went through a bit of the LN earlier and this deserves more attention tbh. Rate this highly those who are watching it pls, so that it attracts attention. :P
Apr 3, 2016 11:48 AM

Feb 2015
what a splendid 1st episode...
they adapt it perfectly..
based WHITE FOX

now i can't stand to wait another week to watch it cause' i only know a little of what happen next as the LN has been licensed....

Apr 3, 2016 11:53 AM

Dec 2014
ColdBreeze said:

White Fox animates it only and I think they did a good job on Utawarerumono. They are not responsible for the story.

They may be not responsible for the story, but they are responsible for the distribution of the episodes (basically whether it is rushed or not), the directing and the flow etc. In fact they did not even adapt the story properly from the game. The first-half was simply just slice of life but even for the second half, I cannot say it has been done well. Just my opinion though.
Apr 3, 2016 11:56 AM
Nov 2014
Do we get the opening and ending in the first episode ? i' m really hyped for MYTH & ROID
Apr 3, 2016 12:00 PM
Sep 2013
ghostfury said:
Do we get the opening and ending in the first episode ? i' m really hyped for MYTH & ROID

I was totally expecting the usual episode 1 thing of playing the OP for the ending. but not this time! they played the new Myth & Roid!
Apr 3, 2016 12:26 PM

Apr 2014
I haven't read the light novel so this is completely new to me, but I got to say, I enjoyed this episode a lot. The comedic parts delivered and the darker parts got me interested in what will happen next. I've always like anime about time travel. The pacing feels good so far.

I like the character designs

OrangeJPApr 3, 2016 12:34 PM

Apr 3, 2016 12:26 PM

Mar 2015
This was so EPIC, oh my, i want moar nowwwwwwwww!
loving it.

i was expecting a better animation, since the director was a animator in Kyoani, but it was alright.
Apr 3, 2016 12:28 PM

Feb 2015
Excuse me, does anyone know what are 01A, 01B, is the first episode a 40mins episode?
Apr 3, 2016 12:29 PM

Jul 2014
I've just started watching, but is this a double-length episode or something? Where I'm watching it's split into two parts (episodes 1 and 1.5), so I just wanted to avoid any unnecessary confusion before possibly unnecessarily watching the so-called 1.5.
Apr 3, 2016 12:30 PM

Aug 2010
Part A: Loved it way more than I expected. Subaru is so fun. Already have my replacement for Kazuma and Konosuba :D

The first half with Subaru thinking he has protag powers and defeating 2 of those guys then getting REKT was so lol. Dat Dogeza slide the moment he saw the knives was so hilarious XD

Satella(?) is cute and so nice. Already loving her and Subaru's interactions. The loli they saved was a cute too :3
Apr 3, 2016 12:30 PM

Oct 2012
danieltortoisee said:
I've just started watching, but is this a double-length episode or something? Where I'm watching it's split into two parts (episodes 1 and 1.5), so I just wanted to avoid any unnecessary confusion before possibly unnecessarily watching the so-called 1.5.

It is a double length episode
Apr 3, 2016 12:35 PM

Sep 2010
Rage! In the middle of episode. I will not accept that girl's cat's name.

This is the only true Puck!

Apr 3, 2016 12:36 PM

Jan 2015
Ahhh definitely lived up to my expectations. A lot of CGI background but other than that I loved the art and animation, soundtrack was pretty good as well.

And Subaru's VA did a really good job, especially since he was talking for most of the episode. Glad that they didn't fit the whole first volume in this episode, so the pacing is perfectly fine.

White Fox please deliver throughout the season.

I agree, definitely the strongest episode debut besides BNHA.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Apr 3, 2016 12:43 PM
Jan 2014
This show looks like a bad mix of KonoSuba with Akame ga Kill. Don't know, what was written first though. Can someone tell, why there is so much hype behind this?
Apr 3, 2016 12:43 PM

Mar 2015
Mezter said:
ColdBreeze said:

White Fox animates it only and I think they did a good job on Utawarerumono. They are not responsible for the story.

They may be not responsible for the story, but they are responsible for the distribution of the episodes (basically whether it is rushed or not), the directing and the flow etc. In fact they did not even adapt the story properly from the game. The first-half was simply just slice of life but even for the second half, I cannot say it has been done well. Just my opinion though.

You can complain about that with the director and the series composition, since they decide the pace of the story, not the studio.
Apr 3, 2016 12:49 PM

Sep 2015
I loooove the chara design *o*
I'm really hyped for this anime, I hope it will go beyond my expectations
Apr 3, 2016 1:05 PM
Jan 2014
ColdBreeze said:

I haven't seen any hype for Re:Zero though.
And this is completely different from Konosuba, except the fantasy-world setting.
Saw this was mentioned multiple times in Erased treads. Also someone mentioned, that this is somehow similar to Steins;Gate. But as for now I only see similarities to Akame ga Kill and KonoSuba. Both were quite generic, but at least KonoSuba has quite good comedy. As I see, this is suppose to be a dark anime, so comedy will not help. So I am asking, what are the strong points of this show or it source material?
Apr 3, 2016 1:10 PM

Aug 2010
PartB was absolutely amazing!!
The Hype was insane!

I knew this will have some going back in time genre in it but I didn't expect Subaru to not realize he was going back right away. He REKT those 3 awesomely tho

Going straight to the trade store and this time witnessing what happened from the start and pretty much causing the killing spree (I really wonder why Elsa killed Rom the first time tho if they were willing to accept the negotiations?)

Loved the interactions with Felt and Rom. They're both pretty cool. Elsa is ONE SEXY SADISTIC BITCH!! What's with Noto Mamiko doing Hot S women 2 seasons in a row? I love it lol

The animation during Elsa vs Rom and Elsa vs Felt was awesome esp Felt's Wind Speed thing.

The end with the Satella thing was way more serious than I thought. It was obvious Satella wasn't her name but I didn't think that name would elicit the reactions of all citizens. Seems like she's quite the infamous witch. Wonder why Emillia (checked her name from the roster( chose that name to tell Subaru?

Sux that the flags Subaru raised for Emillia and the friendship with Felt are all gone poof now. I hope they explain for once why he was summoned to this world

Anyway epic start, definitely potential for AOTS from the new stuff (leaving aside Jojo&BnH)
Apr 3, 2016 1:12 PM

Apr 2015
Interesting start. I've only touched on the synopsis before, but White Fox really delivers (animation and scenery were nice). I'm curious about how Subaru will fare through all of this.
Apr 3, 2016 1:13 PM

Apr 2015
bionic_batman said:
Saw this was mentioned multiple times in Erased treads. Also someone mentioned, that this is somehow similar to Steins;Gate. But as for now I only see similarities to Akame ga Kill and KonoSuba. Both were quite generic, but at least KonoSuba has quite good comedy. As I see, this is suppose to be a dark anime, so comedy will not help. So I am asking, what are the strong points of this show or it source material?

We are literally at the start. The MC himself got brought into this world with other expectations. Now that he slowly but steadily realizes what's going on there won't be any place for comedy and the dark theme starts to kick in.

It has many strong points all in a more darker and screwed up context. It has great character development through a certain aspect that is introduced later on. It gives you a close and merciless depiction of suffering and how a human being breaks mentally and emotionally over and over.

It's basically what would have happened to Okabe if he can't escape the loop in which he tries to save Mayuri but without any help and goes insane.
Apr 3, 2016 1:16 PM

Jul 2014
Damn. Slow start, but it sure got interesting once the twist was revealed. Kinda strange though that, after two of these "rewinds" or whatever they are, he hasn't actually realised what's going on. And why did "Satella" tell Subaru something that is clearly a fake name? All very interesting, and definitely a lot to look forwards to. Could well be a contender for AOTS here.

I do have to wonder how Subaru's going to hold up in all of this if he keeps on getting killed like that though.
Apr 3, 2016 1:17 PM

Jan 2016
Just curious is there a lil bit of romance here?
Apr 3, 2016 1:18 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Holy shit, the second half was incredibly good. Also that was quite gory. Subaru and Emillia are a very good match.

Also nice to see another MC who knows what to do in a fantasy setting (based shut-in otaku).

Best start so far.

EDIT: Also seems like it was a great decision to make this a two-parter. People would probably be a bit disappointed if only the first part was aired.
Apr 3, 2016 1:19 PM

Feb 2015
THAT MC GIRL VA !!!! EXPLOSION!!! #konosuba
i'm very happy to hear that voice again....and her character design is really beautiful too. i guess that is a perfect fit between the voice and the personality XD
overall it was a good episode. First half was okay, pretty funny, second half was good. No OP song and ED song :o ?! i want to hear it tho.....

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1497772
and 26 episode ? no wonder i felt this episode was a little bit slow....that is a great news then!!! XD

looking foward to the next episode.

Edit: Puck is so cute. i wish something like that exist...
and tbh, the animation looks really beautiful.
Apr 3, 2016 1:20 PM

Jul 2015
Easily one of the best of this season already. I love the MCs and the chemistry between them. The world is really cool too. I love this type of premise! Love the fact it was a 1 hour long special
Apr 3, 2016 1:26 PM
Jan 2014
Fappa said:

It's basically what would have happened to Okabe if he can't escape the loop in which he tries to save Mayuri but without any help and goes insane.
Thank you for the answer. I see now, not a fan of that type of series, but probably will watch it anyway some time later. By the way, it will be 2-cour on 1-cour show?
Apr 3, 2016 1:28 PM

Apr 2015
bionic_batman said:
Thank you for the answer. I see now, not a fan of that type of series, but probably will watch it anyway some time later. By the way, it will be 2-cour on 1-cour show?

No problem, it's not for everyone.

It's confirmed to be a 2 cour, so at least 24 episodes. That's why this show in particular needs time to breath :)
Apr 3, 2016 1:30 PM

Jun 2014
I almost decided to not watch this anime, but I'm pretty glad I did. This was a pretty interesting first episode, and while the basic concept isn't really new since it's similar to Steins;Gate and Erased, I still look forward to seeing how it is utilized in this anime and seeing where the story goes from here. This has the potential to be one of the highlights of the season if the strength of this premiere remains consistent for the rest of its run. I can't wait to see what happens next!
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 3, 2016 1:34 PM

Nov 2015
Looks awesome! There was a lot of CGI but it was nicely made. Looking forward to the next episodes. Don't dissapoint me White Fox. THE BEST GIRL VA IS BACK! EXPLOSION!!!
Apr 3, 2016 1:34 PM

Dec 2010
Oh, from the first 10 minutes expected the same boring redundant harem, instead it turned to be something completely different, and was fantastic.

I like gore, violence and drama merged with timetraveling and loop, is simply an amazing plot.

5/5 for this first episode, want more kills and more loop. Oh, and i expect the main MC become a true monster after resurrect so much times. Level up is just started. :D
Apr 3, 2016 1:37 PM

Sep 2015
nice episode/s. especially the world design (city) and animation is great.

looking forward for ep 2

Kerozinn said:

if it fits your taste then go ahead and enjoy it. too many aspects of it annoy me..like some of the characters, the boring fantasy setting we have seen sooooo many times . the same goes for the premise..no surprises here. Dont get me started on that complete clueless idiot of a main character.

think what you want but im not wasting another second on this.

yeah sure, but rating it 1 after 2 episodes?

Apr 3, 2016 1:42 PM

Jun 2015
Amazing first episode. Love the art. The character designs are great. The main character is great. I love how he knows all his anime tropes so he is expecting them to happen. Cant wait to see where this goes
Grimgar season 2 please!!!!
Apr 3, 2016 1:42 PM

May 2010
[quote=Nigami_Shin message=45454879]nice episode/s. especially the world design (city) and animation is great.

looking forward for ep 2

Kerozinn said:

if it fits your taste then go ahead and enjoy it. too many aspects of it annoy me..like some of the characters, the boring fantasy setting we have seen sooooo many times . the same goes for the premise..no surprises here. Dont get me started on that complete clueless idiot of a main character.

think what you want but im not wasting another second on this.

i removed the rating if, hope u happy now ;)
Apr 3, 2016 1:49 PM

Apr 2014
Wonder how many people here only watched the first part...
Apr 3, 2016 1:53 PM

Sep 2010
Wow wow wow... I came in expecting nothing as it wasn't on my to watch list (probably because this is LN adaptation that stinks of harem, lucky protagonist entering the room with naked heroines, ETC) but surprisingly, this was really GOOD to the point where I want to jump on LN (if I find it translated).

I generally love the Time shannanagans anime and stories when made correctly. Steins gate brilliant show, top 10. Or someone mentioned Hakomari, most likely the best translated LN out there.

Okay... okay... hold down a second. There is absolutely no way that this show will be that godly but definitely so far so good. In current season... only Jojo is higher than this... I will put this above BNHA (as while BNHA had great first ep... as a manga reader my expectations can go only that high as I know the story).

Now focusing on the episode. From the get go, even though this is the LN adaptation, it's a type with likeable type of protagonist who has some character (unlike most generic average LN protagonists that walk into girl's bathroom/room/ousen/etc/ at the very first scene of the episode.). There were no lucky situations with him either... unless someone count laying on cat's knees, which was a good parody of generic harem LN as well. What's more I like his design as his eyes style, "dead fish eyes" as people call them remind me of many great characters with the same type of eyes.

Next there is a fantasy world setting that I love yet every season I am sad to see that most animes that have this setting are garbage. Now the way Subaru was walking around having no idea how he came there and having no purpose what so ever was also kind of interesting and gave him some good characterization. Now the weak point that appears at one time is that silver haired heroine as well, unfortunately she is kind of annoying and really generic. Still the fact that we didn't see her naked (which happens in every second LN anime adaptation's first episode) makes her a "character" and not a fan service tool, so I can care about her a little. She even has the intriguing origins... what intrigues me the most is whatever she is 100 years old, old grandma.

In the end though, she was the only main part of the first episode that I didn't like and that I am worried about the most. My instincts tell me that if this series is to meet doom, it will be her fault. (the ending of the episode makes this vision even more true)

Still while I think like that, she was good enough let's say.

Now as I was reaching the middle point I even though... well this isn't that bad but then, the middle of episode. Some large barbarian dead, gets stabs in the back dead. After that I see the heroine with magic powers coming to the rescue... for a second I was NOOOOOO, not this development... but nope, it wasn't this development and the heroine got stabbed in the back and dropped dead without being able to do anything. And then we have the time travel... although rather than time travel, it's something like GAME RESET! You died try again.

Now the second part of the episode was much more likeable to me as I started paying attention twice as much. We actually meet the dead barbarian and he turns out to be pretty good guy and I liked his character (when he was fighting and he died I even screamed out NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!). Then after second much more normal and much more likeable heroine got killed as well, I already knew that we are up for another time travel although MC put in some work and land that kick.

The very ending was well obvious development which I expected before the second death but it made me unlike that silver haired girl even more. I don't think I will be able to like her while watching this series. To me she is ticking bomb that will make this show become really bad, but hopefully that won't happen and reading a little of the comments with the story becoming Darker and darker, I can have some hopes right?

In any case, I liked the episode a lot and the fact that it was 50 mins long was a very good move on the production side as otherwise we would end up at the first time travel and I would probably not write this essay of excitement.

Finding a gem in a show that I had zero expectations for and didn't even put on 'MUST Check out list' is really a great thing.

Now I really wonder how the rest of the episodes will do. One thing though... even if it's made up magical convenient plot line... I want some sort of answer how did MC enter this magic world? Why was he the one to do so and not any other average man? And how come he has RESET/time travel/denwa-renji powers? All those are connected and there was some creepy sounds at the beginning that were meant as foreshadowing to the answer so I am of good hope yet again.

Really, I still can't believe that this was this good and only now I catch on it.

HYPE!
Apr 3, 2016 1:55 PM
Jul 2018
im glad its two episodes this week. Would've sucked if it ended on 1A
Apr 3, 2016 1:56 PM

Aug 2015
This honestly surprised me a lot. Way better than what I was expecting. Glad I gave this a shot.
Apr 3, 2016 1:57 PM

Apr 2015
Hongu said:
Wonder how many people here only watched the first part...

If you take a look at the twitter section then clearly people actually got baited extremely hard by the first part so that they ignore the second one.

I have a good laugh though. The anime clearly tries to mess with its viewers by making them think it's your usually trapped in an another world setting just to turn it against you in the second half.

Sadly CR split it into two parts so people who fall for that can ignore the second part more easily.
Apr 3, 2016 1:58 PM

Jul 2015
Expected start of an RPG-type "transported to other realm"-setting. At the moment I don't exactly know what to think or expect from this, only thing I know is that they'll succeed in pissing me off if they keep killing him and thereby backtrack all the "progress" made troughout the series. So please, whatever you do, don't kill him too much.

Back to the future/5

ExceedOmegaApr 3, 2016 2:02 PM

Apr 3, 2016 2:00 PM

Aug 2012
Wow , That was amazing!!! I tried it out of curiosity but didn't expect to be so great and that OST near end gives me a goosebumps.
Apr 3, 2016 2:02 PM

Jan 2014
LNfag here and I think the 1st ep that is 50 mins long is quite OK.

Kinda worried when I know Whitefox is the one animating it and was hoping for A1.

The pacing is fine. No rush. Just like Itsuwari no Kamen.
Seiyuu choices are great too. We got Megumin's VA to do the main girl.
Animation wise it's half-good, Emilia is cute af and the rest is kinda ok as I've seen the original illustrations b4hand. But this is the part I want A1 to do it, it could be looking better, Whitefox's animation is just so-so.

Now the story. I feel like they trimmed some parts and lacked some good directing in this show. Well I was expecting BokuMachi which I shouldn't.
Tho the ending saved the 1st ep.
The ending song is decent. The soundtracks are generic tho.

Solid 1st ep overall, I shouldn't have hyped, getting WF to animate and 2-cour is a good news too, I think. Will watch it for Emilia and Rem <3
Melvin117Apr 3, 2016 2:20 PM
You will soon learn that a heart that choose to exist, even in a life filled with pain, will one day allow us to meet again.
With the world's blessings, we will meet again and again, forever returning to the homeworld we've yet to see.
Many, many times.

Pages (17) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Yesterday

32 by KuyaC »»
6 hours ago

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.