Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 21, 2012 8:33 PM

Apr 2009
I thought the first movie was good when it came out, but then I saw this one and I realized what a Pokemon movie was supposed to be like. This one is a lot more adventurous, the score is better, the enemy plot is of bigger consequence, and there's shipteasing! :p The only things I really don't like about this movie are the lame villain and Tracey. Tracey only has like one or two lines in this whole movie and it's way more than he should have been given, what a boring character.
Nov 17, 2012 5:26 AM

Nov 2007
I actually rewatched this movie again (and all the others) in Japanese to see what the differences are between it and English dubbed version (I watched as a kid). Still one of the best ones I think.

"I didn't know Pokemon had Angry Birds..."

Sums up Moltres, Articuno and Zapdos pretty well xD
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Mar 30, 2013 1:50 PM
Feb 2013
I rewatched this movie at least 5 times.
Jul 30, 2013 12:02 AM

Jul 2008
I have to say this is one of, if not my favorite pokemon movie. Lugia is my favorite legendary and my 2nd favorite pokemon of all time, he looks cool and kicks ass.

I also have to say...4kids did a great job with the dub of this movie. The cleaver changes to the script of the 3 gods legend and even with the soundtrack and the guardian's song which was a lot better in the dub.

Great movie overall.
Oct 16, 2014 3:43 AM

Nov 2010
Don't really under the praise here.I fond this boring compared to the tv series.Those were my thoughts as a kid watching this honestly.
Aug 1, 2015 7:00 AM

Jul 2013
The_Nut_Cracker said:
Don't really under the praise here.I fond this boring compared to the tv series.Those were my thoughts as a kid watching this honestly.

I doubt i found this boring as a kid but i agree that it is now. The problem with this and the third film that they are essentially Michael Bay flicks of anime. The production values are really high but this and the third film are boring because it's just boom,boom,boom.

It's sad that when children movies end up like this just because the people behind the production are afraid that the AH/HD kid's won't like the movie if it's not all action.
Dec 23, 2015 11:15 AM

Mar 2015
My favorite pokemon movie
Mar 30, 2016 12:44 AM

Aug 2014
I remembered like back in 2000 when I was at my cousin's house with my brother. We just got back from Blokbuster and rented this movie on VHS.

I remembered how this movie was HUGE because of the Ash-Misty jealous scenes.

Great times.
Jun 19, 2017 6:39 AM

Mar 2009
I remember beying in cinema to watch this one and first movie more than 15 years ago, so much nostalgia =)
Now I rewatched both of them in original Japanese release with subs and damn!
I must say I prefer first movie because it had pretty deep and sad story, I mean Mewtwo's existencial problems were realy sad
The second one isn't bad but overally it didn't impressed me so much
Still for year the both of them were made, animation, soundtrack etc. was done pretty well
May 7, 2019 11:55 PM

Dec 2016
This movie is just fantastic. One of the most amazing Pokemon rides ever! It deserves way much more love than what it has.

Must confess though I remember I had initially thought Lugia was the result of the fusion of the three legendary birds... lol
Dec 12, 2020 12:48 PM

Jul 2013
I don't really like the "chosen one" trope, however this movie has its strong points like Ash's romance with Misty and Team Rocket being cool guys for once.

I wonder if this film will ever get the CGI treatment the first one got. I think it would look pretty good.
Dec 5, 2021 9:45 AM

Aug 2019
NaughtyNoddy said:
I don't really like the "chosen one" trope

Neither did I. It was typical 4Kids garbage because the original Jpn version of the movie didn't hype up Ash nearly as much as the dub did. In that original version iirc Ash arriving at the islands and being selected to take the orbs was coincidental instead of it being destiny. He wasn't originally prophesized to save the world from destruction.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon: Maboroshi no Pokemon Lugia Bakutan Episode 1 Discussion

Albi-kun - Apr 7, 2013

9 by Zedz_c »»
Feb 7, 9:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.