Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]
Apr 7, 2016 12:20 PM

Dec 2012
Never played the game too, but it was nice.
Apr 7, 2016 3:45 PM

Feb 2013
Looks good. Should be a cool show.
Apr 7, 2016 3:49 PM

Aug 2008
This was pretty abysmal, not quite to that special level of terrible where it becomes funny however.
Apr 7, 2016 3:53 PM

Aug 2014
Sakaitsu said:
You definitely should. It's a 1000x more better than what you just saw or will see in my opinion. Not to say the anime is bad, it's interesting to say the least but it borrows too heavily from the games which don't translate well in anime format.

Moon           Lovers
                  
Rainbow                For You                Bluebird

Apr 7, 2016 10:51 PM

Oct 2015
It was an okay episode with nothing eye popping. The case was also a simple one. Hope it gets better.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Apr 9, 2016 12:02 AM

Jun 2013
I feel as if the reactions, animation and sequencing are too outdated to be enjoyed as an Anime, although I would still watch it just because I'm curious about future cases. It should've stayed a game. That's my opinion for now but it might change later on as the story progresses.

The BakedFish subs kind of suck and they're using English names, I know it's because gamers are more familiar with Ace Attorney's English name counterparts but it's just confusing. It's like watching Noblesse Awakening with subs indicating Korean names but the seiyuu is mentioning a Japanese name.

Also Masashi Yahari was too animated in his reaction, considering a girl he liked was just murdered. I know it's for comedy but I'm not laughing.
臭い-
Apr 9, 2016 4:46 AM

Mar 2011
I like it tbh, its like im playing the game again!! :)
Apr 9, 2016 10:52 AM

Dec 2012
MoonlightReverie said:
Sakaitsu said:
You definitely should. It's a 1000x more better than what you just saw or will see in my opinion. Not to say the anime is bad, it's interesting to say the least but it borrows too heavily from the games which don't translate well in anime format.

Ok you have convinced me, I will add it on my long list of plan to play :)
Apr 9, 2016 2:02 PM

Oct 2013
The vibe of it just seems....wrong.....like this is not how it should be, you know? Its too...bright and happy, i know the VN isn't ultra super serious or nothing but it was serious stuff with comedy on top, kinda hard to explain but i'm just not liking this at all.

Soundtrack just isn't right either.....should have had similar music as the VN. Seems like a generic anime, I get the feeling this is gonna be rushed as shit!
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Apr 9, 2016 2:03 PM

Oct 2013
Comic_Sans said:
That low tier animation
That crappy art
Them plot twists that I could see coming from miles away
That unfitting Yuki Kaiji voice acting
Them awkward and unfunny jokes
That RUUUUSHED pacing
Them out of place video game mechanics

I haven't even played Ace Attorney and I've only watched one episode but I already feel sorry for the fans of the games

Judging from this episode, just skip this anime all together and play the games. SOOO much better.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Apr 9, 2016 2:59 PM

Nov 2012
Sakaitsu said:
MoonlightReverie said:

Ok you have convinced me, I will add it on my long list of plan to play :)

If you do plan to play the game, I would suggest not watching this anime because it will probably spoil the rest of the court cases in the first Ace Attorney game.
Apr 9, 2016 3:49 PM

Jul 2015
Very interesting start I haven't played the games but I did enjoy this even though the animation was average and the ost was okay also this didn't make me feel that tense and fully engaged in the trail (like most live action crime dramas) so at the moment i'm not to sure what to think but seems pretty decent
Apr 10, 2016 2:09 AM

Jul 2008
To me it looks like it's adapted straight out of the DS game, this was glorious.
Apr 10, 2016 9:13 AM

Sep 2013
Im little confused why the characters' names are Japanese and American. The animation is pretty subpar compared to anime that came out in recent years. I've seen better animations in hentai lol.

I was really looking forward for this anime because I have always wanted to watch an anime about court trials. After watching this first episode, I gotta say that Im really disappointed. The way they exaggerate things is stupid, there was hardly any tension, the show "anime-fy" court trials which makes it hard for me to take it seriously and the crime itself is not really that interesting. I highly doubt this show will get any better in the next episodes but Im still not sure if I'll just drop this.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Apr 11, 2016 3:51 AM

Sep 2010
Games were great... But this Adaptation is not...

2.5/5
Apr 11, 2016 8:56 PM

Jul 2013
Nicely animated. It truly feels like the game coming to life.
Apr 12, 2016 6:45 PM

Jan 2016
I think MoonlightReverie hit it on the nose.
I think my biggest problem with it was how it relies too much on the original game.

I mean sure I want it to feel like the games. shich it sort of accomplishes. but it feels like its almost using copy and paste. So after watching it I just was left with this feeling of "Couldn't I just play the game instead?"

I almost feel like its pointless making an anime out of the games now.
hopefully once we get out of the courtroom things will get better.

but overall I'm still very skeptical, but I'll keep watching since I'm such a big fan of the games.
Apr 12, 2016 9:32 PM

Feb 2010
Underwhelming, stupid enough that its refreshing.

Like dude your lover just got MURDERED and you're just laughing and even found a replacement.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Apr 13, 2016 2:27 AM

Jan 2015
Cashdax said:
Underwhelming, stupid enough that its refreshing.

Like dude your lover just got MURDERED and you're just laughing and even found a replacement.

sad, needs only 2 minutes (first minutes) to notice that he cared a lot for his girlfriend
Arikado-Apr 13, 2016 2:35 AM
Apr 16, 2016 12:45 PM

Jul 2009
Pretty surprised they put the entire first case in one episode, I would've thought they'd need at least two. I guess if they're going to cover the entire first game, probably need 2 cour or they're gonna have to rush it a LOT. It's sort of distracting to hear the Japanese names when I'm so used to the English ones XD Animation's a little sloppy IMO, but I really liked the nod to the game's music that was used. Some of the game things were used (the cross-examination stuff, the info panels) which was interesting. The voices are OK IMO, not too bad ... OP and ED were all right. Some of the reactions felt a bit forced/extreme too ... plus, not having to figure anything out for yourself is a shame, but I guess you can't really do that in an anime. Overall, I can see this probably won't be a GREAT adaptation, but I'm willing to watch it just because I loved the original series :P
Apr 17, 2016 5:51 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Very pleased with out it turned out to be, it was enjoyable. I liked it, my only cons would be the shitty OP that makes this anime seem to be for kids, and the animation was off at scenes. I hope later on, when they animate Wright, as he gets older, we can see a more mature look into him.
Apr 17, 2016 7:19 PM

Aug 2007
I am not familiar with the games, just the Miike movie and am pleasantly surprised at how entertaining this turned out to be.

But I almost wish this first case had not been a murder, the accused was way too hyper and chirpy for someone whose girlfriend just got brutally murdered. I get they want to add some comedy but it did not work.
Apr 17, 2016 9:16 PM

Jan 2015
Nocturnal said:
I am not familiar with the games, just the Miike movie and am pleasantly surprised at how entertaining this turned out to be.

But I almost wish this first case had not been a murder, the accused was way too hyper and chirpy for someone whose girlfriend just got brutally murdered. I get they want to add some comedy but it did not work.

He isn't the murderer, but at the beginning he says he wants a "guilty verdict" because he lost the reason to live, which is the murdered girlfriend. I'm talking about the game. It happens in first minutes playing.
Apr 18, 2016 10:01 PM

Mar 2012
i was really confused at the beginning. i don't really like to read synopsis before watching the first episode of an anime because i like to be surprised by it. the names were in english in my subs and since i do understand a bit of japanese, i was so lost when i listened to one thing and read another one. but after i came here to check i got it. just makes me wonder if this is a freakazoid's case, when a cartoon is better subbed than it is in the original (the brazilian dub of freakazoid is genius when compared to the american original).

anyway, one thing bugs me entirely. is this made for fans or is it supposed to attract people to the franchise? because it is weirdly paced and too literally adapted to be taken serious. as someone that never had any contact with the games before this i just though the anime was a mess. and if this supposed to attract people to the games, are they really supposed to be adapting it so literally. as i see it, this spoils the whole thing and playing it after watching won't be even half as good as playing it before, you know?
it's just my two cents, anyway. reading the comments here i can't help but wonder if this is how people felt when the first pokemon came out. lol
Apr 19, 2016 2:28 AM

Jan 2015
unbewithable said:
(...) if this supposed to attract people to the games, are they really supposed to be adapting it so literally. as i see it, this spoils the whole thing and playing it after watching won't be even half as good as playing it before, you know? (...)

Well, actually a new game is coming Ace Attorney/Gyakuten Saiban 6

This anime is an adaptation from the AA1 game, at this time they don't care about spoilers from the 1st game. I guess that could work to attract people for the newest AA6 game if it was not so bad (anime).
Apr 22, 2016 6:06 PM

Feb 2013
At least all the evidence was presented before the answer was given/proven.

Pretty boring though. 2/10 dropped
Apr 27, 2016 10:18 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Omfg, I just realized that I might be able to see my precious waifu (Penny)!! sdkjshgfkjdsfgh
Help! I can't--

This was fun to follow though; good stuff! Even though it was fun to follow, I did see that animation quality. I see you.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Apr 29, 2016 2:42 PM

Jul 2009
I thought it was great. Good intro+ending, animation+art style was good enough and they followed the games story closely, albeit a bit rushed at times. I kinda loved how supernatural the intro made the show look, despite being more of a down-to-earth Anime

But I'm dissappointed with how Phoenix Wright/Naruhodou wasn't as goofy as he is in the games. He's supposed to be an amateur, slightly sarcastic and get these really silly facial expressions when doing so, but nope... Was more of a confident, aspiring person. In other words, a typical "shounen" hero.
Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle!
May 5, 2016 9:00 AM

Oct 2008
i'm always bothered by the erotic curvy BOOBS of Chihiro!
Too bad she only lasted for the 1st episode! until she was murdered on the end of 1st episode and clearly on the prev...
3/5.

May 16, 2016 10:08 PM

Dec 2012
Kind of disappointed my subs say the english names. Pandering to the West. smh.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jun 5, 2016 6:22 PM

Jul 2014
Rob19MAL said:
Kind of disappointed my subs say the english names. Pandering to the West. smh.

Kind of disappointed my subs don't say the English names. A lot of jokes are going to fall flat without them.
Jun 5, 2016 7:01 PM

Dec 2012
THIAGO said:
Kind of disappointed my subs don't say the English names. A lot of jokes are going to fall flat without them.

I know, right? So sad. :(
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 4, 2016 11:28 AM

Apr 2014
I like the show but I feel like the wind during the contradictions were a little to strong that it didn't really make sense why there was so much wind.
Let’s say I posed this question to you: “Can all human souls be bought with money or not?” Now remember, the keyword here is “all”. The answer is “There are times when you can buy them, and other times, not,” right? The human being… sometimes he’ll uphold his pride and conscience even if he’s offered ten billion yen, and other times he’ll murder someone over one yen. ~Izaya Ohira (Durarara)
Oct 5, 2016 7:58 AM

May 2012
The characters, the reactions, the atmosphere! Just perfect compared to the game! Really enjoyed this first episode, and I'm sure looking forward to see the story animated!
Jan 16, 2019 12:53 AM
Jul 2018
Everything is kinda bland, compared to the game.

Mia was really hot here, too bad she dies wow. The wind animation made me cringe tho.
Hope they improve.
Jun 22, 2019 5:57 PM

Feb 2012
Interesting, so it was New York instead of Paris in the original.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jan 24, 2021 7:54 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It seems bad compared to how great the game is, and that choice of seiyuu for Phoenix triggers me
Nov 10, 2022 5:38 PM
Oct 2019
mmm, kinda corny. like, i can see it having potential. but it doesn't really come close to reaching that potential in this first episode. and the boss lady dies in episode 2? haha already?

this is a 5/10 first episode. i might watch a few more episodes just to make sure before dropping
Apr 25, 2023 9:30 AM
Mar 2023
Speedrun bby - not as bad as people think but like... it's not a very adaptable story I think lol
Sep 1, 2023 7:22 AM
Sep 2023
Finally i can watch this anime and this is so cool
Oct 29, 2023 4:53 PM
Nov 2022
Follows the game fairly well, but nothing really interesting happens. I guess if I was grading it on whether it made me feel the same as the first case of the game, I'd give it a 5.
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]

More topics from this board

» Mia Fey

FiddlePie - Feb 22

4 by FiddlePie »»
Feb 23, 3:02 AM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

56 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 16, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2016

40 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 11, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

48 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 10, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

44 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 9, 7:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.