Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Apr 2, 2016 3:49 PM

Jun 2014
I'm gonna need to get used to Koichi's voice but other than that it's good, I love the bright colors.
The intro made my day
Apr 2, 2016 3:57 PM

Dec 2012
Fadeout4 said:
RayAdha said:
Stardust Crusaders's art and colors are better than this, intentional? Budget problem? The characters are also less "manly" than previous parts.

Anyway, it was such great and thrilling beginning, nice pacing

The art and "manliness" are actually intentional. Araki's art style changes dramatically over the course of Jojo. In Part 1 2 and 3, everyone is drawn with these hyper-muscular Fist of the North Star proportions, but that's not the case for Part 4-8. David Pro actually did a pretty good job of animating Part 4's art style.

As for the colors, that's really just a matter of opinion. I personally love the bizarre green roads, yellow sky and purple trees, but I can see how other people might not like it.

Don't think most of it is just a stylistic choice. Probably a budget limitation. The new art lacks details and shading. Which is something that Araki kept between part 3 and 4.
Apr 2, 2016 5:04 PM

Oct 2008
LGHyourinmaru said:
I really hope the random short guy is there for the first episode only, I dont think I can handle another series with Kaji Yuki's same voice as a main.

I like Kaji but he using his worst tone ever for Koichi.
But he improves as character, but sadly I don't think his tone of voice will change lel.

I miss Paku Romi, worst change from ASB ever.
>User since 2008
Please god help me quit this website.

Such great community that doesn't even know how demographics work, AND gives """detailed"""" reviews after first episodes.

Apr 2, 2016 7:27 PM
Apr 2, 2016 7:48 PM

Mar 2016
Brilliant first episode .
I decided not to read Jojo's manga (except for earlier parts of Steel Ball Run) because of the quality of David Pro's adaptations, and so far it has delivered.
Btw, does anyone know the song on the radio?
Apr 2, 2016 7:49 PM

Jul 2015
chewyewan said:
TazAnime_Devil said:
Good shit, but why the fuck is it so high on the list xD
In all honesty, I thought Boku no Hero was going to be like that, but nope, I was wrong! This time, something legitimately good is going up tho ;)

Boku no Hero is great though...

Lol, I guess it is, but it looks like a regular action show to me. Gives me OPM vibes
Apr 2, 2016 8:04 PM

Jun 2014
cyclone1993 said:
Plus this season doesn't seem to be about Monster of the Week as much. While I enjoyed Part 3, that format sort of limited the story telling. I'm hoping for the best because Jojo is love!

Part 4 is even more episodic imo, many of the fights in the early parts of it will not seem to be leading up to anything and it doesn't start to pick up until midway through it. At least in Part 3 you can see how far they're progressing through the world, this one is literally just fighting stand users because they could give them a hint.
Apr 2, 2016 8:12 PM

Apr 2013
The artstyle shift sure kinda shook me up a bit, but I guess I'll get used to it. Good start and 5/5 'cause JoJo. David Productions adaptation is stellar, as always.
TorasuApr 2, 2016 8:20 PM
Apr 3, 2016 12:51 AM

May 2012
Thats way better than what I expected. I never read the manga, but I feel that part 4 will be even better than older parts
Apr 3, 2016 1:40 AM

Oct 2011
OMG EPIC AMAZING !!!
Apr 3, 2016 4:29 AM

Feb 2015
ChrisMarlowe said:
Oh, and Josuke's grandfather's face looks like mask,

Josuke's grandfather? You mean George Joestar II ?
Apr 3, 2016 5:22 AM

Jan 2015
Anyone knows the song in the beginning?
Apr 3, 2016 6:36 AM

Jan 2016
JonasTheJay said:
ChrisMarlowe said:
Oh, and Josuke's grandfather's face looks like mask,

Josuke's grandfather? You mean George Joestar II ?

What has he got to do with anything?)
I meant Ryohei Higashikata, policeman.
Apr 3, 2016 7:01 AM

Apr 2014
AnimeFan500 said:
OMG EPIC AMAZING !!!

The hype train has left the station. I have been missing out this whole time not watching jojo.
---------My Profile------------
Apr 3, 2016 7:08 AM
Apr 2016
Ummm why did Jotaro's hat warp after he stopped time? sorry I havent read the manga yet :/
Apr 3, 2016 7:14 AM

Apr 2009
KeifferKeeper said:
Ummm why did Jotaro's hat warp after he stopped time? sorry I havent read the manga yet :/

Wings said:
AnimeFan500 said:
OMG EPIC AMAZING !!!

The hype train has left the station. I have been missing out this whole time not watching jojo.

And this is why you read the manga and watch the previous parts before...
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 3, 2016 9:04 AM
Sep 2012
This was great. So much hype. My only issue is that I forgot Jojo has very minor censoring which was a put off, especially at the punch through hostage moment. Otherwise it's great!
Apr 3, 2016 9:21 AM
Mar 2014
Kellhus said:
LGHyourinmaru said:
I really hope the random short guy is there for the first episode only, I dont think I can handle another series with Kaji Yuki's same voice as a main.

He is the least relevant of the main crew, if it makes you feel any better.

???
Koichi does more than Okuyasu from what I remember
HIPSTERMOONCATApr 3, 2016 9:41 AM
Apr 3, 2016 9:23 AM

Dec 2012
KeifferKeeper said:

It was hit by Josuke's stand. Jotaro makes a comment that it would have been creepy if that was his face (while remembering that guy Josuke change his nose)
http://i.imgur.com/bgfFzk9.png
http://i.imgur.com/rDZCtQ0.png
Apr 3, 2016 12:02 PM

Jan 2014
Interesting start. Now to decide whether to follow weekly or marathon....
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Apr 3, 2016 12:03 PM
Apr 2016
Oh thanks :D
(The only reason im not reading the manga is because if i do read the manga and watch the anime, I would know everything and it would make the show VERY predictable which the anime will be boring :/ )
Apr 3, 2016 12:32 PM

Feb 2013
RedRoseFring said:

I'd say go for a marathon. I can't even imagine how fun that would be for a 1st timer.

KeifferKeeper said:
(The only reason im not reading the manga is because if i do read the manga and watch the anime, I would know everything and it would make the show VERY predictable which the anime will be boring :/ )

If anything, knowing what will happen next makes my anticipation far greater.
Apr 3, 2016 12:42 PM

Oct 2014
OMG YES!!!! I screamed when that ridiculous (also amazing) song started to play in the begginning. Josuke is cooler than I expected, I like him!
Wait, did you just say that Jojo is shit?
Apr 3, 2016 12:51 PM
Apr 2016
gedata said:
RedRoseFring said:

I'd say go for a marathon. I can't even imagine how fun that would be for a 1st timer.

KeifferKeeper said:

If anything, knowing what will happen next makes my anticipation far greater.
Sometimes it does, Sometimes it doesn't for me at least xD
Apr 3, 2016 12:57 PM

Jun 2014
gedata said:
RedRoseFring said:

That's what I did with the manga & it was fun indeed. But imagine following the

I'd say marathon at least the first half.
Apr 3, 2016 1:08 PM

Dec 2014

layout ? or a wall ?
Apr 3, 2016 2:35 PM

Aug 2007
I miss you JoJo. Finally I can get back to the groove of anime watching again. :D What a great start I love the artstyle they went with since it matches now but wow I wasn't expecting the OST to be so great. The voices are top notch also. I'm already excited for the 2nd episode now.
Apr 3, 2016 4:39 PM

Jan 2014
gedata said:
RedRoseFring said:

Okay. I trust your judgement, so I'll the series finish up then watch it in one go.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Apr 3, 2016 5:36 PM

May 2015
I missed JoJo, this unpredictable and wild series always keeps me entertained! I really like the direction of this season, love murder mysteries~
✦✦✦Join the Bionix club✦✦✦

Apr 4, 2016 1:40 AM

Jan 2009
Awww yes, JoJo's back! Jotaro being his great self yet again, even better to some extent.

This season can't be easy, the week are gonna feel loooooooooong :D

Truly this episode was solid and very enjoyable.
Apr 4, 2016 4:44 AM

Aug 2013
MrKai23 said:
It was amazing. Didn't like how Joseph cheated. Feels out of character.

Eventually, Joseph stopped thinking...xD

What a goodo starto..
ernietheracefanApr 4, 2016 4:52 AM
Apr 4, 2016 5:05 AM

Jan 2013
Woo, Jojo is back! Here I didn't even know another season was being produced, what a fabulous surprise. :p
The character design change was a surprise, but it looks pretty good and the first episode was entertaining. All-n-all happy to see another Jojo series, aots? lol
Apr 4, 2016 5:23 AM

Jan 2014
An amaaaaazing first episode.
Apr 4, 2016 1:06 PM

Mar 2014
It's a really good start so far.
"I have blue eyes, blonde hair... uhhhh... gatling cannon..." My smile's fanbase... maybe...
[remember to put image here so sig look cool]_______
Apr 4, 2016 2:41 PM

Jul 2014
hithummah said:
very faithful adaptation, to the extent they go for new Jotaro. I wished they at least kept his part.3 design.

I like his white outfit better, honestly.

ChrisMarlowe said:
I only hope there is something else to Josuke's character besides hair joke.

Honestly, the hair joke only really comes up a lot at the beginning. I think there's maybe two more times early on that it comes up. After that, it's used much more sporadically.
Apr 4, 2016 7:15 PM

May 2014
Loved the teasers. Especially that opening.

Didn't think I was going to like Josuke's voice, but in the end, it's not bad. I think the ASB voice is better but I'll wait til the end of the season to give a final judgement. I know the one I won't be able to get over is probably Rohan as he was perfect in ASB. Was really hoping they'd get Kamiya for him.

Still not sure how I feel about the art style as it feels like it adapted weird. It's mainly the noses imo.

Hoping the ending is good. Would be amazing if they got Shine on you Crazy Diamond for the ending of the first half, but at the same time, I won't be surprised if they didn't.
Apr 5, 2016 1:56 AM

Sep 2013
mintiel said:
Still not sure how I feel about the art style as it feels like it adapted weird. It's mainly the noses imo.

They are mimicking the noses of the late Part VI art-style: http://outofcontextjojo.tumblr.com/image/137889642137
Always remember that anime is a niche medium in Japan. Manga sells way better
Apr 5, 2016 3:41 AM

Mar 2014
I can just tell Josuke's gonna be a better JoJo than Jotaro. And speaking of him, Jotaro in this episode was superior to him in SC.
Apr 5, 2016 8:29 AM

Mar 2014
Really liking the setup here. The new setting is great as are the new characters.
I hope these interesting elements will persist and this won't devolve into another villain of the week battle shounen.
::End of Transmission::

Apr 5, 2016 11:27 AM

Oct 2013
vigorousjammer said:
Really liking the setup here. The new setting is great as are the new characters.
I hope these interesting elements will persist and this won't devolve into another villain of the week battle shounen.

I mean, a lot of the story persists through Stand-user-of-the-week type arcs, but it's not as rushed as the 50-day whirlwind trip of SDC.

When people call DiU "slice of life" really they mean that there's a bit more downtime, several arcs that focus on other characters (some don't even include Josuke at all), and there's a lot more reoccurring friendly faces, rather than every new Stand user being a one-off villain.

It also does have a murder mystery as the overarching plot (I'm guessing the reveal will be the season 1 finale? Seeing as a certain You-Know-Who's first big arc starts at chapter 77), which gets woven into the mystery of how and why Stand users are appearing in Morioh.

If the anime follows the pacing of the manga and holds up to its legacy's quality, I think you're in for a cozy but engaging ride.
shanghaihouraiApr 8, 2016 2:51 AM
Apr 6, 2016 2:36 AM

Jan 2015
I have a feeling this will be better than SC.
Apr 6, 2016 10:46 AM

Nov 2011
MrKai23 said:
It was amazing. Didn't like how Joseph cheated. Feels out of character.

Out of character for Joseph? I don't think so. He's always been a bit flirtatious. Just look at the Mariah episode of Part 3 XD.
Apr 6, 2016 2:08 PM

Apr 2007
I really love the style change, but those noses are weird. Especially Kouichi :v

Just waiting for Takagi Wataru's epic punk voice now.
Apr 6, 2016 3:20 PM

Mar 2014
tarazipyrope said:
If the anime follows the pacing of the manga and holds up to its legacy's quality, I think you're in for a cozy but engaging ride.

Everything you mentioned makes this part sound like it improves upon SC a bunch. Consider me hyped! :D
::End of Transmission::

Apr 7, 2016 12:49 PM
Oct 2011
I can only speak for myself but I am glad they hinted at
early. Given that a fair chunk of the part 4 manga takes place between taking care of
and the reveal that there is
in Morioh the middle part of the part four manga lacks much in the way of tension. If they play their cards just right this bit of anime original foreshadowing will be able to introduce some much needed dramatic tension to this part of the story, as while the main characters will think all of the major problems have been solved the viewers will know there is still a major problem lurking in the background.
Apr 7, 2016 5:19 PM
Mar 2014
kurapikasass said:
Ah, I am so excited! Even more so after watching the episode! I miss the old art style but think this one is better for the characters and I'm just sooo disappointed that I couldn't see Kakyoin drawn with it. I wonder if Jotaro was reminded of him at all considering all the high schoolers were wearing the same school outfit as Noriaki.

Anyway, I really like all the new characters already. Can't wait for Fridays again!

There's a little flashback scene ;D
Apr 7, 2016 6:06 PM

Jan 2014
FrankieKong64 said:
kurapikasass said:
Ah, I am so excited! Even more so after watching the episode! I miss the old art style but think this one is better for the characters and I'm just sooo disappointed that I couldn't see Kakyoin drawn with it. I wonder if Jotaro was reminded of him at all considering all the high schoolers were wearing the same school outfit as Noriaki.

Anyway, I really like all the new characters already. Can't wait for Fridays again!

There's a little flashback scene ;D

I may or may not have just shouted. Now I'm 10x more excited.
Apr 7, 2016 6:28 PM

Jul 2011
I feel bad for any of the manga readers who were disappointed. Diamond is Unbreakable is not only my favorite JoJo part, but my favorite manga of all time. I absolutely loved this episode, and would give it a solid 10/10. I cannot wait to see more. I also can't wait to see Okuyasu, my favorite JoJo character in action. I'm excited for some of the more laid back episodes (like when Okuyasu and Josuke go out to eat).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2016 9:50 PM

Dec 2012
atmmachine11 said:
I feel bad for any of the manga readers who were disappointed. Diamond is Unbreakable is not only my favorite JoJo part, but my favorite manga of all time. I absolutely loved this episode, and would give it a solid 10/10. I cannot wait to see more. I also can't wait to see Okuyasu, my favorite JoJo character in action. I'm excited for some of the more laid back episodes (like when Okuyasu and Josuke go out to eat).

Yay some Okuyasu love (I think he is underrated). Can't wait to hear him voiced by Takagi Wataru. Tis gunna be gerato daze.
Apr 8, 2016 1:25 AM

Jul 2011
tsudecimo said:
atmmachine11 said:

Yay some Okuyasu love (I think he is underrated). Can't wait to hear him voiced by Takagi Wataru. Tis gunna be gerato daze.

Ayyy, I see we love the same kinds of characters. Ryu/Tanaka is my favorite Haikyuu character as well! I don't think I know of that voice actor, but I bet he will do a great job. I was expecting Hiroyuki Yoshino since he voice acts a lot of "punk" type characters.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2016

371 by Fenrir_01 »»
Mar 21, 6:46 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2016

156 by Blitrapika »»
Mar 8, 9:23 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2016

95 by Kenpachi_69 »»
Jan 21, 6:04 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2016

159 by JimineyRufus »»
Jan 12, 6:29 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2016

126 by Zaxphred »»
Jan 11, 11:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.