Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 31, 2016 6:17 PM
Mar 2016
Kyubee has said himself he is emotionless.He has also said he does not consider his actions evil.Why would kyubee say he's emotionless but then mention the fact that he does NOT consider his actions evil?Wouldn't you need to have emotions to even make a statement like that?Don't you need emotions to determine whether or not something is evil to begin with?He's even called himself a miracle granter,a very arrogant statement.He also says he likes his species,he has also said he enjoys taking baths and eating.Also kyubee has said that he can grant any wish,why didn't any of the THOUSANDS OR HUNDREDS of girls he's made magical girls wish for unlimited wishes?im not sure if I a can use vulgar words on the forums but that just seems like No-S@it%t#er to me.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 31, 2016 6:19 PM

Jul 2011
TBH who cares, he it's a dick anyways.
Mar 31, 2016 6:21 PM

Apr 2014
Ofcourse not, he's always happy...
Mar 31, 2016 6:21 PM

Mar 2015
Praland said:
he is not dick. he just not shows the terms and condition complitely. he does nothing wrong thou.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 31, 2016 6:22 PM
Sep 2011

This line caught my attention after finishing the show.

Fun. Either he's lying or he's capable of experiencing enjoyment.

I don't really know why people say Kyubey doesn't lie. We only really have his word to go on and judging from the difference between his words in ep. 9 and his actions in ep. 10, I'm willing to call him full of balogna.
Mar 31, 2016 6:22 PM

Apr 2015
Was 'he' a 'he' anyway? Got curious just now
Mar 31, 2016 6:25 PM
Mar 2016
really?Didn't know that.Was that explicitly stated?
Mar 31, 2016 6:26 PM

Dec 2015
Kuma said:
Praland said:
he is not dick. he just not shows the terms and condition complitely. he does nothing wrong thou.

I agree, but I still call Kyubey a dick.
*chant* Kyubey's a dick, Kyubey's a dick!

OT:
In all seriousness, I think initially he did not have the ability to comprehend human emotions, but I feel towards the end he starting to understand them more.

Still a dick though...

Man_Lanz said:

I read that he/she/it/me is meant to be genderless.
Banner credit to @turnip
Mar 31, 2016 6:29 PM
Mar 2016
Kuma said:
Praland said:
Whether or not what he does's is wrong is up to the viewer.Its subjective.There are people that will say he lies by omission,take the US government as an example,it has lied and keep things from it's citizens,what with how it looks at your emails and personal private information and blah,blah,blah.Kyubee didn't give the "FULL" truth.He intentionally left out information.He doesn't show his terms and conditions completely either.
Sappy_corn1995Mar 31, 2016 6:32 PM
Mar 31, 2016 6:30 PM

Apr 2014
Man_Lanz said:
He is the default pronoun.

many ppl arent on tumblr to know that ppl get offended when we say he instead of it or she
Mar 2016
I forgot,which episode did Kyubee say he was emotionless and which episode did he say he does not consider actions evil?

Jun 2014
KonaKoffee4 said:
Man_Lanz said:

It's an alien so I mean that kind of makes it clear
Mar 31, 2016 6:32 PM

Mar 2015
KonaKoffee4 said:
Kuma said:
how is he being a dick if he does nothing wrong?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 31, 2016 6:34 PM
Mar 2016
Kuma,what you say is subjective not objective,whether or not others consider what he did wrong is up the viewer.
Mar 31, 2016 6:35 PM

Mar 2015
pratigious_1993 said:
Kuma said:
Whether or not what he does's is wrong is up to the viewer.Its subjective.There are people that will say he lies by omission,take the US government as an example,it has lied and keep things from it's citizens,what with how it looks at your emails and personal private information and blah,blah,blah.Kyubee didn't give the "FULL" truth.He intentionally left out information.He doesn't show his terms and conditions completely either.
he doesn't keep things. he answer it if he asked. he tell everything if he asked, but tell nothing if not asked. is it wrong being strightforward?
Mar 31, 2016 6:36 PM

Dec 2015
Kuma said:
KonaKoffee4 said:

Well like someone stated, he intentionally left information out when it came to the terms and conditions.
Regardless if Kyubey came from a race where they did not take into account emotions and feelings, that doesn't mean the viewer isn't allowed to judge him/her/it/thing/you/me/grandpa/cat.
Also, when dealing with those who differ from your experiences and culture you must take into account that person's experience and culture, which he didn't.
I understand his whole cat race didn't care about this, and I do understand the point, but I still call him a dick.

Come on Kuma, chant with me.
Banner credit to @turnip
Mar 31, 2016 6:36 PM
Sep 2011
In episode 9 (I think) he said that his people consider emotions to be a mental illness. That and the fact that he doesn't understand why the girls react the way they do about things like SOUL gems leads us to believe he doesn't have emotions without outright stating it.
Mar 31, 2016 6:38 PM

Mar 2015
pratigious_1993 said:
Kuma,what you say is subjective not objective,whether or not others consider what he did wrong is up the viewer.
there is none things called objectively wrong if we are talking about thinking creature action. action is not science.
Mar 31, 2016 6:39 PM

Dec 2015
Jerkhov said:
KonaKoffee4 said:

It's an alien so I mean that kind of makes it clear

Ah, so it's...every gender....
Kyubey can haz sex with itself and get itself pregnant.

:O
Banner credit to @turnip
Mar 31, 2016 6:41 PM
Mar 2016
Kyubee said he could grant any wish,so why didn't he persuade any of girls into making a wish that would save the universe,was doing all this energy gathering shit necessary?
Mar 31, 2016 6:43 PM

Mar 2015
KonaKoffee4 said:
Kuma said:

Well like someone stated, he intentionally left information out when it came to the terms and conditions.
Regardless if Kyubey came from a race where they did not take into account emotions and feelings, that doesn't mean the viewer isn't allowed to judge him/her/it/thing/you/me/grandpa/cat.
Also, when dealing with those who differ from your experiences and culture you must take into account that person's experience and culture, which he didn't.
I understand his whole cat race didn't care about this, and I do understand the point, but I still call him a dick.

as i stated, he don't left information intentionaly. he just not asked about it complitely. and he don't find it necessary to do so.
well, he didn't hate the culture and ignore it, but he didn't understand it either. that's why i can't said he is being a dick. he is not intentionaly being a dick. he doesn't know why he is being a dick in human eyes.
pratigious_1993 said:
Kyubee said he could grant any wish,so why didn't he persuade any of girls into making a wish that would save the universe,was doing all this energy gathering shit necessary?
well, in the and, the alien still need those gems. of they are gone, so does the gems. and he doesn't particulary find eradicated those all monster is necessary to him. he still grant madoka wishes thou after all.
KumaMar 31, 2016 6:47 PM
Mar 31, 2016 6:44 PM

May 2015
He's an alien. He operates on a different morality system from humans. For all we know, the concept of "emotions" may have never existed in his species. Thus, it's kinda stupid to judge him on human standards as he's quite blatantly not close to human.
Mar 31, 2016 6:47 PM
Mar 2016
Kuma said:
pratigious_1993 said:
there is none things called objectively wrong if we are talking about thinking creature action. action is not science.
No,there's this things called opinions and facts,you say he did nothing wrong,others would disagree with you and say he did do something wrong.it is subjective,it is an opinion,im not saying its wrong or right,its just your opinion and everyone else opinion. where did science come from?
Mar 31, 2016 6:48 PM

May 2014
I think the term 'emotionless' does rather refer to him completely lacking empathy and interpersonal feelings, than not being able to feel ANYTHING, so he can still enjoy doing stuff and all.

RLinksoul said:

This line caught my attention after finishing the show.

Fun. Either he's lying or he's capable of experiencing enjoyment.

Aside from the question if he's able to experience enjoyment, i think especially this line was just serving the purpose to trick Madoka into the contract. You know, like "What a shame that our ways part here, we could have so much more fun together".
Mar 31, 2016 6:48 PM
Jan 2013
KonaKoffee4 said:
Kuma said:

How can kyuubei be a dick if he's the reason we get so much stuff nowadays?

Zat computer? Incubator
Zat Cellphone? Incubator
Za wheeeeeell? Incubator
gone bai bai
Mar 31, 2016 6:49 PM

Dec 2015
Kuma said:
KonaKoffee4 said:

as i stated, he don't left information intentionaly. he just not asked about it complitely. and he don't find it necessary to do so.
well, he didn't hate the culture and ignore it, but he didn't understand it either. that's why i can't said he is being a dick. he is not intentionaly being a dick. he doesn't know why he is being a dick in human eyes.

Shitpost aside, I see your point and I do understand that was supposed to be the basis of his/her/its character. He wasn't morally good or morally bad because he did not have the ability to understand what humans perceive to be good or bad.

Either way, Kyubey's a dick, kyubey's a dick!
Sing it with me Kuma.

KaoruMatsuoka said:
He's an alien. He operates on a different morality system from humans. For all we know, the concept of "emotions" may have never existed in his species. Thus, it's kinda stupid to judge him on human standards as he's quite blatantly not close to human.

You won't join in on my chant?

:(

Mkim said:
KonaKoffee4 said:

How can kyuubei be a dick if he's the reason we get so much stuff nowadays?

Zat computer? Incubator
Zat Cellphone? Incubator
Za wheeeeeell? Incubator

That fucking incubator! He's gawd!

I woship thy dickish Kyubey.
Banner credit to @turnip
Mar 31, 2016 6:50 PM

Mar 2015
pratigious_1993 said:
Kuma said:
No,there's this things called opinions and facts,you say he did nothing wrong,others would disagree with you and say he did do something wrong.it is subjective,it is an opinion,im not saying its wrong or right,its just your opinion and everyone else opinion. where did science come from?
i just want to stated there is no objectively wrong action. so yes, wrong in our eyes dosnt mean wrong in anyone eyes. action can't be objective. the reason can. that's why i am the one that don't understand why you brining objectivity in first place. kyubey have totaly different morallyty with us. should we judge him by our morality?
Mar 31, 2016 6:53 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Maybe Kyubee is just lying to everyone and really does have emotions on the inside.
Mar 31, 2016 6:54 PM
Mar 2016
Kuma said:
KonaKoffee4 said:

pratigious_1993 said:
well, in the and, the alien still need those gems. of they are gone, so does the gems. and he doesn't particulary find eradicated those all monster is necessary to him. he still grant madoka wishes thou after all.
Kyubee knew they wouldn't ask about it if he didn't mention it,thats why he left it out,it would interfere with his plans anyway.So that wasn't a complete contract to begin with.You also said he doesn't leave out information completely and then say kyubee finds it unnecessary,he says that because if he tell them the "FULL" truth then that would ruin his plans of netting a magical girl.So,the contract is incomplete,he omits shit to make sure they become magical girls.
Mar 31, 2016 6:54 PM

Jul 2015
Koemushi > kyubee

OT: it's possible that he's hardened his heart because he knowingly sends girls to essentially kill their friends,

if i remember right he works something similar to an energy company, so he probably sees humans like their cattle.
Mar 31, 2016 6:55 PM

May 2015
He is actually very filled with emotions but he's wearing a cat mask so you can't tell. QB is actually a dog that can throw very good pitches.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Mar 31, 2016 7:00 PM
Mar 2016
scruf4ls said:
Koemushi > kyubee

OT: it's possible that he's hardened his heart because he knowingly sends girls to essentially kill their friends,

if i remember right he works something similar to an energy company, so he probably sees humans like their cattle.
If kyubee can grant wishes for little girls,why would he need a energy company?I think it was stated in the anime that his species destroys whole worlds .And from that,I can say he has no respect for life at all.He essentially destroys and takes energy from other species.He doesn't try to make a compromise in any way whatsoever.
Mar 31, 2016 7:00 PM

Dec 2015
RainyRai said:
He is actually very filled with emotions but he's wearing a cat mask so you can't tell. QB is actually a dog that can throw very good pitches.

I support this theory, especially stating he is actually a dog.

10/10 theory.
Banner credit to @turnip
Mar 31, 2016 7:01 PM

Mar 2015
pratigious_1993 said:
Kuma said:
Kyubee knew they wouldn't ask about it if he didn't mention it,thats why he left it out,it would interfere with his plans anyway.So that wasn't a complete contract to begin with.You also said he doesn't leave out information completely and then say kyubee finds it unnecessary,he says that because if he tell them the "FULL" truth then that would ruin his plans of netting a magical girl.So,the contract is incomplete,he omits shit to make sure they become magical girls.
ehh... kyubey it self doesn't have any plans. he just lure girl to being magical girl. that's all.. he doesn't care what they want or what they plan. that's why he surprised with madoka hope for being magical girl. becuase it mean she become different being and complitely deleting the reason why magiocal girl exist in first place. yet he still accept it because it his purpose. he doesn't care about plan, reason or emotion. he just do what it tasked to him.
Mar 31, 2016 7:05 PM

Mar 2015
scruf4ls said:
Koemushi > kyubee

hoshimaru > koemushi > kyuubey

at least narutaru contractor is much more fucked up than bokurano and madoka magica.
Mar 31, 2016 7:07 PM
Mar 2016
Kuma said:
pratigious_1993 said:
ehh... kyubey it self doesn't have any plans. he just lure girl to being magical girl. that's all.. he doesn't care what they want or what they plan. that's why he surprised with madoka hope for being magical girl. becuase it mean she become different being and complitely deleting the reason why magiocal girl exist in first place. yet he still accept it because it his purpose. he doesn't care about plan, reason or emotion. he just do what it tasked to him.
No,kyubee cares about his plan,and he cares about emotion as well,he even says he cares about his species,he says he likes them.Kyubee cares enough about emotion to even say he doesn't consider his actions evil.
Mar 31, 2016 7:10 PM

Mar 2015
pratigious_1993 said:
Kuma said:
No,kyubee cares about his plan,and he cares about emotion as well,he even says he cares about his species,he says he likes them.Kyubee cares enough about emotion to even say he doesn't consider his actions evil.
i don't said he don't have any emotion. he just have different meaning of emotion and for him, emotion shouldn't affect his action in anyways, which is contradict if he care about his plan for grant madoka wishes.
Mar 31, 2016 7:10 PM
Aug 2015
fuck kyubee in his fucking bitch ass. That basterd is going to burn in hell for the shit he put those cute girls through. Who gives a fuck if he had feeling or not, his feeling were shit. i don't give a goddamn. FUCK KYUBEE. (as you can see, i am still pissed at that furball made of satan's/hitler's pubes)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2016 7:12 PM

Dec 2015
Here's some info on kyubey the dick asshole dog cat alien, but I also know that Urobuchi has an interview floating around somewhere in which he talks more about the individual characters of madoka magica.

They also discuss the need for the magical girls and their emotional energy since kyubey's dog race is not able to produce emotions of any kind. However, as stated down in the Methods part of the wiki page, "In episode 11 Kyubey reveals to Madoka that while this statement is true on the majority of their race, there have been extreme rare cases of those capable of expressing emotions, but because this is a very rare phenomenon they are considered to be mentally ill".

EDIT: I forgot to post the wiki page, but it's easy to find.
http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Kyuubey
KonaKoffeeMar 31, 2016 7:30 PM
Banner credit to @turnip
Mar 31, 2016 7:25 PM

Jul 2015
pratigious_1993 said:
scruf4ls said:
Koemushi > kyubee

If kyubee can grant wishes for little girls,why would he need a energy company?I think it was stated in the anime that his species destroys whole worlds .And from that,I can say he has no respect for life at all.He essentially destroys and takes energy from other species.He doesn't try to make a compromise in any way whatsoever.

i used it more as a metaphor, but he explains that his world collects grief or something like that. but i don't remember why they collect the spiritual energy. i just remember that he says that, if the witch form of madoka is destroyed they'll have enough spiritual energy to last them forever.

they use wishes more as a recruitment tool than a legit promise. maybe there's some restrictions that his species can't use those wishes on themselves. the anime doesn't go in depth on the subject. but he doesn't kill the girls directly. more like hands them the gun.

there were some movies after the first season, but i haven't seen them so idk if they explain anything about the reason his species does what they do.
Mar 31, 2016 7:28 PM
Mar 2016
Kuma said:
pratigious_1993 said:
i just want to stated there is no objectively wrong action. so yes, wrong in our eyes dosnt mean wrong in anyone eyes. action can't be objective. the reason can. that's why i am the one that don't understand why you brining objectivity in first place. kyubey have totaly different morallyty with us. should we judge him by our morality?
what is "our morality"? Each human has a different morality,you can't just throw a clear cut at it. Define,"actions can't be objective,the reason can"
Mar 31, 2016 7:31 PM

Mar 2015
pratigious_1993 said:
Kuma said:
what is "our morality"? Each human has a different morality,you can't just throw a clear cut at it. Define,"actions can't be objective,the reason can"

even our morality is different, there is still common morality. the problem is our common morality and kyubey common morality is totaly different to judge each other.

action can't be objectively wrong or correct, but the reason why someone action that way can be objective.
Mar 31, 2016 7:38 PM

Dec 2015
ilovewendy16 said:
fuck kyubee in his fucking bitch ass. That basterd is going to burn in hell for the shit he put those cute girls through. Who gives a fuck if he had feeling or not, his feeling were shit. i don't give a goddamn. FUCK KYUBEE. (as you can see, i am still pissed at that furball made of satan's/hitler's pubes)

Fuck yea!
I don't care if he had any emotions or not, put holes in that motherfucking dog cat thing.

Homura initially had the right idea :D
Banner credit to @turnip
Mar 31, 2016 7:41 PM
Mar 2016
Kuma said:
pratigious_1993 said:

even our morality is different, there is still common morality. the problem is our common morality and kyubey common morality is totaly different to judge each other.

action can't be objectively wrong or correct, but the reason why someone action that way can be objective.
what do you mean by "common morality",you can't really say there's a common morality because humans differ too much,things like killing is wrong or killing is okay differs from person to person,things like lying,stealing or things like that differ from person to person.It's hard to create a common morality for humans,especially since there is over 7 billion us,coming from different cultures."action can't be objectively wrong or correct, but the reason why someone action that way can be objective"wait what? I don't understand your English,could you fix it a bit,maybe you're learning English and its not your first language.
Mar 31, 2016 7:46 PM

Mar 2015
pratigious_1993 said:
Kuma said:

what do you mean by "common morality",you can't really say there's a common morality because humans differ too much,things like killing is wrong or killing is okay differs from person to person,things like lying,stealing or things like that differ from person to person.It's hard to create a common morality for humans,especially since there is over 7 billion us,coming from different cultures."action can't be objectively wrong or correct, but the reason why someone action that way can be objective"wait what? I don't understand your English,could you fix it a bit,maybe you're learning English and its not your first language.
you think why there is human rights and pacts about it? because there is common understateman on what a human morality diserve to get. thou the preception my different for every peoplem there is still "common understatement" about it.

and yes, english is not my first language.
Mar 31, 2016 7:49 PM

Jul 2015
Kuma said:
scruf4ls said:
Koemushi > kyubee

at least narutaru contractor is much more fucked up than bokurano and madoka magica.

who was the contractor? i can't remember. and yeah kokopelli is pretty lame. and i don't think kyubee is that big of an asshole.
Mar 31, 2016 7:55 PM
Mar 2016
scruf4ls said:
Kuma said:

who was the contractor? i can't remember. and yeah kokopelli is pretty lame. and i don't think kyubee is that big of an asshole.

Nah Kyubee is an asshole,he basically destory whole planets and in the process destroy other species,he has no respect for life,therefore,he is an asshole.
Mar 31, 2016 8:18 PM

Jul 2015
pratigious_1993 said:
Nah Kyubee is an asshole,he basically destory whole planets and in the process destroy other species,he has no respect for life,therefore,he is an asshole.

koemushi does too, i think he has entire universes destroyed, plus he gets pleasure from toying with the emotions of the contractees from bokurano. i can't find the scene but a naval captain points a gun at him, so koemushi teleports his body separately from his arm.
Mar 31, 2016 8:18 PM
Mar 2016
Kuma said:
pratigious_1993 said:
you think why there is human rights and pacts about it? because there is common understateman on what a human morality diserve to get. thou the preception my different for every peoplem there is still "common understatement" about it.

Nah,human rights don't exist,its still subjective, Fundamental human rights don't exist because we are nothing but an intelligent animal, who managed to evolve to the point where we became self-conscious. Human rights exist but they are not fundamental, since we aren't born with them, they are given to us by other humans.There is no "commom understandment."human rights is an opinion,while others will say it is a fact,just depends on the person.
Sappy_corn1995Mar 31, 2016 8:22 PM
Mar 31, 2016 8:29 PM

Mar 2015
pratigious_1993 said:
Kuma said:

Nah,human rights don't exist,its still subjective, Fundamental human rights don't exist because we are nothing but an intelligent animal, who managed to evolve to the point where we became self-conscious. Human rights exist but they are not fundamental, since we aren't born with them, they are given to us by other humans.There is no "commom understandment."
human right exist! WTF? thou yes, the preception is subjective. subjective doesn't mean "it all yours", it mean viewed personaly. just because it viewed perosnaly doesn't mean it's not exist. common understanding is when those subjective view apply to majority.

now, kyubey don't understand what human see as "morallity correct" or should "emotionaly considered'. task is task, agreetment is agreetment. he don't want his own will prevent the task. if something happened later, they have no intervention about it and have no intention about it either. in other words, they are just tools (robots) in the end wo has no will and ambition. compare to bokurano contractor and narutaru contractor who enjoying their contractor does something bad and/or have their own will (which is mostly bad intention), kyubey look soo pussy. do you even watch both of shows? (bokurano and narutaru). in bokurano, they even have no resistant to kill their contactor if they doesn't convinient for them.
KumaMar 31, 2016 8:33 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

1542 by Ryoketsu »»
Yesterday, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

229 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

704 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

627 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 10, 2011

523 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 11:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.