Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 31, 2016 11:54 AM
Feb 2015
I skipped the first 4 episodes of Higurashi and the spoiler at the beginning of episode 5 because I'm watching it with my dad and I figured it would be more interesting for him if it suddenly went from cute to crazy, I thought the first arc would ruin that. Well this arc ended more suddenly then I predicted but he's really into the show now and thinks it's awesome. So I watched the first episode of the next arc already but since he likes it so much I kinda want to watch the entire thing but I already skipped the first part.

So I can either finish the arc we just started (the 3rd one) and then go back to the first arc, or I can simply continue forward and never go back to the first arc, or I could go to the first arc right away even though we are 1 episode in to the 3rd arc.

My main goal is to have the show be as creepy and scary as possible I don't want to over expose the craziness, which is a reason I skipped he first arc, but do you think it's nessesary for the rest of the show? Is it really good and creepy and I shouldn't miss it? Or is it fine if I skip it?
Mar 31, 2016 11:59 AM
Jan 2016
Watch the whole thing i only skipped one episode and that episode was where it answerd some questions yoyr going to have
Mar 31, 2016 12:14 PM
Feb 2015
drahan said:
Watch the whole thing i only skipped one episode and that episode was where it answerd some questions yoyr going to have

Should I finish this arc first or go straight to the beginning and watch the 1st arc then come back to this arc?
Mar 31, 2016 12:19 PM

Jun 2012
Krystopher said:
drahan said:

Should I finish this arc first or go straight to the beginning and watch the 1st arc then come back to this arc?
The first and second arc are completely separate from each other, so I guess you can do that. But you royally fucked yourself over by skipping over a lot of exposition about Hinamizawa that was introduced in the first arc. You should go back and watch it.

The series is designed so that you question the content and mystery at the end of each arc, and have your ideas disproved or completely scrapped in the following arcs while raising new questions.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Mar 31, 2016 12:22 PM
Feb 2015
Holybaptiser said:
Krystopher said:

The first and second arc are completely separate from each other, so I guess you can do that. But you royally fucked yourself over by skipping over a lot of exposition about Hinamizawa that was introduced in the first arc. You should go back and watch it.

The series is designed so that you question the content and mystery at the end of each arc, and have your ideas disproved or completely scrapped in the following arcs while raising new questions.

So if you go 2nd arc-1st arc-3rd arc will you be completely lost
Mar 31, 2016 12:27 PM

Jun 2012
Krystopher said:
Holybaptiser said:

So if you go 2nd arc-1st arc-3rd arc will you be completely lost
No, you won't. It's just better to watch the first arc because it introduces the cast, their roles, the curse and generally the elementary information that is needed to know about the setting. As long as you watch the first three arcs before you get to the Eye Opening Arc (5th arc in the sound novel and 4th arc in the anime), you should be fine, since the Eye Opening Arc starts answering the questions that were left in a previous arc and starts to unravel the mystery.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Mar 31, 2016 1:27 PM

Aug 2014
Why did you watch the show in the wrong order? Never watch anything in the wrong order.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Mar 31, 2016 2:42 PM

Apr 2014
Why the fuck would you skip an episode of a show?! The episodes are needed for the introducing of characters and story building.
Mar 31, 2016 2:54 PM

Aug 2014
Also the first 4 episodes are like some of the best.

Mar 31, 2016 2:56 PM

Jul 2015
For the first season, I don't think it matters all that much which arc you watch first: the true first one, or the second. But go back and watch it. It's pretty good! It'll confuse you, but in a good way.
From then on though, watch in chronological order.
Mar 31, 2016 2:57 PM

Feb 2011
whatever u do, don't watch any of the spinoffs
Mar 31, 2016 7:37 PM

Mar 2016
You should watch everything i think its connected and will be explained in the second season
Mar 31, 2016 7:42 PM

Mar 2013
The first 4 episodes are my favorites from the show. I think the atmosphere in the first arc is likely the best of the entire show.
Mar 31, 2016 8:00 PM

Jan 2013
black1blade said:
Right, its what hooked me on to the show in the first place.
Apr 1, 2016 3:24 AM

Aug 2014
Major123 said:
black1blade said:
Right, its what hooked me on to the show in the first place.

Yeah, such great suspense.

Aug 21, 2019 9:49 AM

Apr 2019
black1blade said:

The entirety of the first arc is marvellously crafted, and we only understand that after waaaay later in the series. Hell, the entire show is wonderful.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tekky99 - Mar 14, 2008

268 by walgreenscanada »»
Apr 13, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

171 by Extremo888 »»
Mar 27, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 17, 2008

210 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

142 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Voltlighter - Dec 28, 2007

148 by Ratris_Decision »»
Feb 4, 12:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.