Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 29, 2016 3:28 AM

Jan 2015
As I was reading through the comments on the Net, I realized that the ammount of hype is crazy high. I'm really afraid that people who says "This will be amazing and great" will try to compere it to SnK and expect it to be as good as SnK was. In the meantime KnK might be just your avarege although enjoyable series which is good but definitely not as great as SnK and because of hype and expectations this series could really go down on rankings. Hope it won't happen tho...
I just hope that it will be as good as people want it to be :/
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 29, 2016 3:33 AM

Apr 2013
My expectations are actually not that high, I already expect this not to be as great as SnK since I think the setting itself is a bit boring. But we'll see, the hype is there.
Mar 29, 2016 5:13 AM

Aug 2012
I'm going into it with the expectation, that I couldn't possibly enjoy it less than SnK (simply listening to that ED every week will probably already give me more enjoyment).
.................................................................................
Mar 29, 2016 7:41 AM

Jan 2015
You can say that this is the OPM of the season.
Boku dake was the OPM of Winter 2016
Mar 29, 2016 7:47 AM
Nov 2009
Here are the impressions of someone who saw the first three episodes in theater in japan (source : /a/). No spoilers but if you want to know nothing about it don't read it :

"[It was] Good. I definetly want to watch more. But also kinda slow in development, episode 1 alone will probably feel pretty meh to people. For me episode 2 and 3 made up for it instantly, but you'll have to wait a week and two.

Considering how many subcharacters and possible subplots were introduced, I have serioous doubt they'll have enough development in just one cour.

Fight scenes with Mumei were fast, she was jumping around a lot. MC didn't really have a proper fight scene, the one on top of the train with Mumei isn't in the first three episodes. Other characters were mostly afraid of Kabanes and were just running away or shooting from safe positions. I can tell you the animation in first three episodes was very good though. The true question is if that will be the same in the other ones.

To me the overall tone [of the opening] felt similar to Shingeki no Kyojin's opening. The first half showcasing how fucked up the world is, the second characters fighting against it.

I want to add, the serious is hardly a total Shingeki no Kyojin rip-off. Of course the premises share similarities and this probably exists mainly because SnK was so popular, but it has enough elements of its own to feel different. For example you get a strong sense of paranoia between the characters, cause the Kabane virus is transmitted by being bitten, so everyone is obsessing over that, kinda like in a zombie movie.

Honestly no CGI seemed bad to me. Or at least bad enough to remember it as a case of bad CGI."
Mar 29, 2016 8:01 AM

Mar 2013
Why wouldn't people be hyped for the second season of attack on Titan?
Mar 29, 2016 8:21 AM

Jan 2015
fst said:
Haha you won man xD
Mar 30, 2016 1:51 PM

Jan 2014
It's allready grossly overhyped. That said, I plead 'guilty'.

Regarding it being like SnK. There are some things I distinctly disliked about SnK; like how it had the tendency to be so over the top with everything, it actually lessened the impact. The scale of it almost felt American, everything had to be big. Huuuuuuuuge Titans, burn all the ships, chew all the mothers,.. it really had an adverse effect on the drama for me. I'd be interested to see whether KnK gets it right. Also, the art style allready looks much more appealing to me.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Mar 30, 2016 11:34 PM

Dec 2015
Xenocrisi said:

OPM was actually genuinely hilarious and Boku Dake was actually thrilling, so to compare it to patriarchal trash that takes itself too seriously like this show is quite the leap in reasoning.

OT: As stated above me, the show is already overhyped, which seems to be one of the many common threads that tie studio WIT'S works together. The fact topics like this only serves to prove my point further. It will be a moment of glory when the anime community learns to stop hyping shows that are conspicuously action-packed pandering schemes.
Mar 30, 2016 11:47 PM

Mar 2014
Definitely. Like, the possibility is definite.
Mar 30, 2016 11:48 PM
Jan 2013
Why is KnK being compared to SnK?

Just realized that Okouchi, one of the original creators of Code Geass, is one of the staffs. Cool beans.
"How am I supposed to face the problem when the problem is my face?" - W.Lui

"A real man forgives a woman for her lies." - Sanji

"First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky." - NettoSaito

"I'm not a newbie it's just that I only registered a few days ago." - A newbie
Mar 30, 2016 11:54 PM

Aug 2014
This should answer your question
Mar 30, 2016 11:59 PM

Aug 2014
Lelouch_Darsi said:

Just realized that Okouchi, one of the original creators of Code Geass, is one of the staffs. Cool beans.

Because it's a show about people living in city built around the purpose of fighting off titans with a single weak point made by the same studio who did AoT and directed by the same guy?
Mar 31, 2016 4:39 AM

Nov 2014
Xenocrisi said:

Fist of all Erased was never hyped it just got popular because it was amazing (specially the first episodes) and OPM got hyped because madhouse
Mar 31, 2016 5:50 AM

Jan 2015
Siul-08 said:
Xenocrisi said:

Fist of all Erased was never hyped it just got popular because it was amazing (specially the first episodes) and OPM got hyped because madhouse

It's not true at all. It was one of the most anticipated of the seasons, and then real hype began.
Mar 31, 2016 7:43 AM
Aug 2015
Xenocrisi said:

Both average series at their best, unfortunately.
Mar 31, 2016 7:51 AM

Oct 2014
This anime shares the same fate as Erased.
Mar 31, 2016 8:35 AM

Jan 2014
CherryLover said:
Boku Dake was actually thrilling,

No

"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Mar 31, 2016 3:53 PM

Mar 2015
fst said:

Nah, this is going to be better than Attack on Titan IMHO. This looks like it has a reasonable plot ;)
The sword that takes life gives life
Mar 31, 2016 3:58 PM

Apr 2015
hyperventilation Is rarely a good thing unless you're exercising.
Mar 31, 2016 4:54 PM

Sep 2015
Setting interests me more than AOT, hopefully the Kabane are scary and don't act like retards.

MC looks like your typical Eren clone, at least his design is nice.

Mar 31, 2016 8:15 PM

Dec 2015
Laionidas said:
CherryLover said:
Boku Dake was actually thrilling,

No

Not wanting to derail this thread off-topic, feel free to PM me if you wish to discuss the matter further.
Apr 1, 2016 4:04 AM

Jul 2008
The only show I like from the studio is SnK so I'm not expecting much at all for this series, could be good or bad :) lesser expectation = lower disappointment :D
Apr 1, 2016 5:47 AM

Oct 2013
From what I've heard the series is really not that similar to snk.

@CherryLover damn you're annoying, I'm seeing you commenting the same thing on every single kabaneri thread. Is this a warm up before snk s2?We get it you don't like grimdark series or fanservice series. Therefore you will always look down on them, and I'm basing this from your list. So you've already have a bias opinion towards these type of series. So I don't think anyone should take you seriously.

I bet if it was similar to sword art online you would probably be hyping this series up.
keragammingApr 1, 2016 5:53 AM
Apr 1, 2016 3:50 PM

Dec 2007
Aimer and Chelly collaborating for the ED was enough to get me hyped.

This show will probably turn out average~decent, get high ratings and lots of hate as with all hyped up shows do. Predicting it now. Defintely going to see an overrated thread created yet again...
Apr 2, 2016 12:20 AM

Oct 2015
Who wouldn't be hyped for this?

Looks similar to SnK
egoist doing the op
aimer doing the ed
sawano hiroyuki doing the ost

damn
Apr 2, 2016 2:09 AM

Nov 2014
knk would always be kara no kyoukai for me ;/
Apr 2, 2016 4:06 AM
Jan 2013
Lelouch_Darsi said:

C'mon man, Code Geass basically just a modification of V for Vendetta, just like KnK to Aot!!
Apr 2, 2016 4:08 AM
Jan 2013
opiktea said:
Lelouch_Darsi said:

C'mon man, Code Geass basically just a modification of V for Vendetta, just like KnK to Aot!!

So? Code Geass was still good.
"How am I supposed to face the problem when the problem is my face?" - W.Lui

"A real man forgives a woman for her lies." - Sanji

"First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky." - NettoSaito

"I'm not a newbie it's just that I only registered a few days ago." - A newbie
Apr 2, 2016 4:11 AM
Jan 2013
Lelouch_Darsi said:
opiktea said:

So? Code Geass was still good.

it is good! doesn't mean this okuchi guy would do a terrific job...
Apr 2, 2016 9:20 AM
Mar 2016
Yes. I think with some pretty amazing seiyuus under its belt, it's impossible to not have it overhyped and also people are into this kind of apocalyptic sort of mess and yes, it has definite tones of SnK, which people have been deprived of for a while.

Although, I feel like this piece will deliver. Just from the PV, I already found myself engaged and wanting more. It's definitely a matter of perspective at this point
Apr 2, 2016 1:56 PM

Jul 2013
I'm going to let it air 3 episodes before I dig into this but I am not feeling the hype.

Probably because I didn't really like SnK all that much, this looks very similar but I'm interested to see just how the zombie-like aspect of the Kabaneri virus affects the interaction between characters.
Apr 2, 2016 2:00 PM

Dec 2013
...Wait, are people actually hyped for it? I thought is was all ironic since from the looks of it, it looks like literal copy of SnK
Apr 2, 2016 2:35 PM

Dec 2015
keragamming said:

@CherryLover damn you're annoying, I'm seeing you commenting the same thing on every single kabaneri thread. Is this a warm up before snk s2?We get it you don't like grimdark series or fanservice series. Therefore you will always look down on them, and I'm basing this from your list. So you've already have a bias opinion towards these type of series. So I don't think anyone should take you seriously.

I bet if it was similar to sword art online you would probably be hyping this series up.

Annoying? Well, good sir, I suggest that you would be better off to stop stalking my every single post that relates to grimdark, overtly patriarchal series such as SnK or the soon-to-air KnK. I am not going to stop expressing my opinions any time soon, so long as the community continues to frivously hype these "dark action-packed series" that have no real substance and rely on cheap pandering tricks. Your time is wasted trying to mute me; thus, I don't think anyone should take you seriously.

Also, a cheap SAO insult? Nice try.
Apr 2, 2016 3:02 PM

Oct 2013
CherryLover said:
keragamming said:

Annoying? Well, good sir, I suggest that you would be better off to stop stalking my every single post that relates to grimdark, overtly patriarchal series such as SnK or the soon-to-air KnK. I am not going to stop expressing my opinions any time soon, so long as the community continues to frivously hype these "dark action-packed series" that have no real substance and rely on cheap pandering tricks. Your time is wasted trying to mute me; thus, I don't think anyone should take you seriously.

Also, a cheap SAO insult? Nice try.

Stalking? Lmao, I'm interested in this series, therefore I check out the threads for it. And guess who I see in every bloody one of them? You!

It wasn't a sao insult -_- I'm one of the rare person around mal that doesn't hate the series. All I'm saying you're bias, and obviously these type of series aren't your cup of tea.

That's like me watching a yaoi anime and complaining about gay stuff in it. Smh, anyways..... Please do continue with these repetitve hate post.
Apr 2, 2016 3:07 PM

Aug 2014
Do we really need another anime with the KnK acronym, we already have kara no kyoukai which is perfect then we get shit like kyoukai no kanata now we get this.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Apr 2, 2016 4:07 PM

Dec 2013
it's not like snk was big deal anyway
Apr 2, 2016 6:20 PM

Sep 2008
So after Owari no Seraph flopped they decided to copy an earlier more successful work of theirs? Is that what Wit is doing with this show?
Apr 2, 2016 11:23 PM

May 2014
Whatever. Boku no Hero Academia and Bungou Stray Dogs had taken away all my hype.

Apr 2, 2016 11:26 PM

Mar 2014
"Possibility" of being overhyped?

It is overhyped
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 2, 2016 11:31 PM

Dec 2015
keragamming said:
Stalking? Lmao, I'm interested in this series, therefore I check out the threads for it. And guess who I see in every bloody one of them? You!

It wasn't a sao insult -_- I'm one of the rare person around mal that doesn't hate the series. All I'm saying you're bias, and obviously these type of series aren't your cup of tea.

That's like me watching a yaoi anime and complaining about gay stuff in it. Smh, anyways..... Please do continue with these repetitve hate post.

Surely, whether this series is my "cup of tea" or not shouldn't matter here. I am merely expressing my opinion on the matter of this series being overhyped, which is the objective in a forum setting, is it not? How that is remotely related to being a "hate post" is beyond me.
Apr 2, 2016 11:39 PM

Oct 2013
It's an Original so its bound to raise some eye brows despite the potential hype.
Apr 2, 2016 11:47 PM

Oct 2013
CherryLover said:
keragamming said:

Surely, whether this series is my "cup of tea" or not shouldn't matter here. I am merely expressing my opinion on the matter of this series being overhyped, which is the objective in a forum setting, is it not? How that is remotely related to being a "hate post" is beyond me.

That's not the problem. The problem is that you felt the need to spam all the kabaneri threads with how much you think it's going to suck. Not saying you're wrong, because it is possible. But you're really overdoing it.

Anyways, as I said before, do whatever you want.
Apr 2, 2016 11:57 PM

Jan 2014
Very low expectations for this show

90% certain it's a attack on titan clone
Apr 3, 2016 12:01 AM

May 2015
not with a cool acronym like that!
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Apr 3, 2016 12:12 AM

Mar 2015
I have low expectations for this show. But with all the attention it's been getting, I'm half-hoping it will crash and burn, just to see the reactions of those people who are actually hyped for this series.
Apr 3, 2016 3:32 AM

Feb 2012
Lol its already too late bruh, the overhyped/overrated threads are inevitable following troll reviews to boot.

I for one cant wait this.
Apr 3, 2016 2:14 PM
Jun 2013
Nice to see people have actually fallen so low to start complaining about a series being overhyped which didn't even start airing yet.
Apr 5, 2016 6:28 PM

Sep 2010
The hype is really high, even more so in Japan.
https://twitter.com/anime_kabaneri/status/716503313433276416
https://twitter.com/anime_kabaneri/status/716965402438291456
https://twitter.com/anime_kabaneri/status/716858607225036802

The advertisements are all over the place, it's almost as if it already aired and people want a season 2 lol
Apr 5, 2016 6:55 PM

Oct 2013
HalAnime said:
The hype is really high, even more so in Japan.
https://twitter.com/anime_kabaneri/status/716503313433276416
https://twitter.com/anime_kabaneri/status/716965402438291456
https://twitter.com/anime_kabaneri/status/716858607225036802

The advertisements are all over the place, it's almost as if it already aired and people want a season 2 lol

Based wit studio! Hopefully it delivers or atleast be entertaining. Btw a lot of people did watch the pre screening of this series. Up to episode 3, so that may be the case.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2016

790 by wallus81 »»
Yesterday, 1:58 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

932 by wallus81 »»
Apr 20, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

524 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 1, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

367 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 30, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

616 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 11:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.