Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 28, 2016 4:12 PM

Jun 2014
Are these meant to be where the story and content was adapted directly from, or simply just where the franchise originated?

For example, Dragon Ball Super is an anime original story separate from the Dragon Ball manga series, but its source is listed as manga because this is where the franchise originated. Nor is it adapted from the manga series of the same title published in Saikyou Jump, as it was released only a month prior to the series' airing. Yet Dragon Ball GT is listed as original despite both being anime original stories.

How does this work exactly?

Would for example, one of the many anime original Naruto films be listed as 'original' or 'manga'?

As well as Osomatsu-san being listed as a manga source despite being entirely original from the Osomatsu-kun manga and wasn't adapted into an eponymous manga series until several months during its airing.
Mar 28, 2016 4:25 PM

Jun 2008
Mar 28, 2016 4:36 PM

Jun 2014
arsonal said:
Source is not about plot. It indicates the original work, usually indicated by the Japanese credit 原作.

Ok now it makes sense, I was more confused on why my previous submissions for anime films were accepted and are still used. I entered them as original for all the Naruto and Bleach films, yet Naruto the Last and Road to Ninja were marked as manga. I put those in soon after the source field being implemented so many mods likely didn't have an understanding of what it meant yet and haven't updated them yet with the current method.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Anime DB - Post Official French/German/Spanish Titles Here

Kineta - Nov 10, 2021

45 by Vaturna »»
3 hours ago

Sticky: » Anime DB - Post Modification Requests Here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cyruz - May 15, 2016

8671 by Abezord »»
Yesterday, 10:14 AM

» Could we stop having Justin Cook at the start of every anime entry's staff list?

El-Melloi - Jul 29, 2023

6 by Kwanthemaster »»
Apr 16, 1:43 PM

» Will "Enter the Garden" make the cut and enter the db?

JB510 - Apr 15

1 by Kwanthemaster »»
Apr 16, 1:42 PM

» will the Scott Pilgrim anime be added to the database? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GanjiTheDude - Mar 30, 2023

754 by Kwanthemaster »»
Apr 16, 1:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.