Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jun 21, 2022 6:08 AM
Mar 2013
Edocchi said:
Tennouji said:

I didn't finished the anime because... ugh.

But, as I finished the visual novel recently, I do agree that the visual novel is more worth it.
I personally think this adaptation works pretty well lol. Not a big fan of the romance anyway (aside maybe, Misaki) so I don't mind it being removed. Reading the VN itself feels like watching an anime to me. The anime is clearly inferior in terms of characterization but it's just nice seeing the flying circus in animation (that's the reason I watched it in the first place xd)

Honestly, rewatching the anime after reading the VN I think it made a number of improvements over it. A lot of the girl's annoying character traits (especially when it comes to bothering Masaya and not leaving him alone) are taken out which makes it a lot less frustrating to get through, and the girls act way more normal in the anime whereas in the VN, they often come off really dumb and weird, if not have screws loose in the head. I also like the anime for heavily cutting down on the perverted jokes, which was kinda distracting to me with this specific VN, as well as very much prefer having the girls just stop accusing Masaya of being a pervert altogether after episode 3 (I got tired of it very quickly in the VN), and put the focus more on the sport and far less on characters just clowning around and doing whatever. The anime did better on not making as big of a deal over the Birdcage by only having Aoi really have an issue with it (unlike the VN she actually gets over herself here and seems to truly accept it), even though it is still a valid tactic and Saki still gets points no matter what Aoi for most of the series felt about the Birdcage. The Misaki drama was far less obnoxious and melodramatic in the anime, as well as Aoi not being pushy with Masaya, all which I liked more too. Shindou doesn't come off creepy with his admiration for Masaya compared to the VN. I even prefer them taking out that dumb scene where the girls were originally distracting Masaya as Asuka used Pentagram Force on Saki despite the fact he and Asuka needed to concentrate on the match (even Aoi was being stupid). As for romance, I thought Misaki's was easily the worst written personally, Asuka and Mashiro's were pretty good, and Rika's okay. But I think the anime made the right call taking it out, because that would just take more focus away from the sport. At best they could have just given a few hints between Masaya and one of the girls, leaving it at that. At this point I daresay I actually prefer the anime over the VN. The anime is just missing certain key moments of characterization, more detail of the FC world, and give Masaya more screentime as he was underutilized.
RoychopJul 1, 2022 9:10 AM
Dec 7, 2023 3:20 PM
Jun 2023
The flying was a new twist, on the same old tale retold. Bonus points for addressing the transgender woman's history in a tasteful way, otherwise calculated tropes right down to speaking out of their cheek via their second mouth.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» English Visual Novel

OppaiSugoi - Oct 8, 2018

22 by OppaiSugoi »»
Jul 17, 2023 7:53 PM

» Anime season 2?

Felipe-10000 - Apr 1, 2023

4 by 5Reinheit »»
Apr 5, 2023 10:46 AM

» First this or VN?

Grontan - Feb 28, 2023

7 by Zedlin »»
Feb 28, 2023 9:00 PM

Poll: » Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2016

83 by iajsjjz91 »»
Aug 21, 2022 11:02 AM

Poll: » Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2016

77 by Guts-Valley »»
May 22, 2022 11:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.