Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 3, 2016 4:49 AM

Nov 2011
Final I do not mind, but in truth, the anime series, I did not like at all: I liked certain choices, but others are questionable, then also the fact that it has narrowed in only 12 episodes the series has not played in his favor however I would say that you could do even better with these episodes. Happy twist at the end, I thought Gretel was dead. Instead, what he had to die, or threaten to do so, it was to be Theodor, but it's the only one who gets a scratch, amazing. Too bad not having better exploited all the characters in the cast. Often the deaths were announced too easily, something that I did not like much, oh well! There would also be more to say, but since I made a run to finish it all, I would say that I will express my better judgment, the next time you see again the series.

For now, my vote is 7/10.
Jul 19, 2016 5:58 PM

Jan 2014
The fuck don't bring her to a scenic view take her to the fucking hospital you fucking twat!!
Like shit I know its a gun shot but if you have time to call the MC, him come over and then take her to see a sunset you could have taken her to the hospital instead and boom you 2 can get married and you can fuck someone other than your sister

God dammit this episode pisses me off!

whatever I'm done ranting show was alright I enjoyed it, just the ending leaves a bad taste.
Jul 19, 2016 10:32 PM

May 2014
How ironic... while MAL ratings aren't the be-al-end-all authority, with all the people bashing TE before Schwarzesmarken launched, you would have expected Schwarzesmarken to close with a higher score.

I enjoyed it, but I honestly found TE more enjoyable, in spite of its flaws.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Aug 21, 2016 10:19 PM

Sep 2011
Killing Iris at the end was completely unnecessary. There were enough deaths as it is, author was being edgy for the hell of it at this point. It was a good farewell for her character but completely unnecessary she could have been fleshed out a lot more. If there is a season 2 in the future I've lost 99% of my reason for watching it.

Overall, I give the series a 6/10. It could have been really great had they fleshed out the characters a little more; especially Beatrix. The last couple of episodes felt rushed. As much as Muv Luv: Total Eclispe sucked at the start it made up for it with a great final arc. Which in my opinion I found more entertaining than Schwarzesmarken. This show could have done with a longer cour and better pacing. First 8 episodes became almost completely irrelevant after episode 9.

Holmes15 said:
God I hate this forced melodramatic bullshit. Instead of getting her quick treatment for her wounds they instead decide to watch the sunrise over Berlin for a good while? Her wounds are not even serious if she managed to stay alive that long so what was the point of killing her off?
I didn't even feel anything during the scene. We already got his sister's death no need for another emotional death.
4/10

^Agree 100%
FullmetalRaikouAug 21, 2016 10:33 PM
Aug 22, 2016 11:10 PM

Jan 2008
FullmetalCarrot said:
Killing Iris at the end was completely unnecessary. There were enough deaths as it is, author was being edgy for the hell of it at this point. It was a good farewell for her character but completely unnecessary she could have been fleshed out a lot more. If there is a season 2 in the future I've lost 99% of my reason for watching it.

Overall, I give the series a 6/10. It could have been really great had they fleshed out the characters a little more; especially Beatrix. The last couple of episodes felt rushed. As much as Muv Luv: Total Eclispe sucked at the start it made up for it with a great final arc. Which in my opinion I found more entertaining than Schwarzesmarken. This show could have done with a longer cour and better pacing. First 8 episodes became almost completely irrelevant after episode 9.

Holmes15 said:
God I hate this forced melodramatic bullshit. Instead of getting her quick treatment for her wounds they instead decide to watch the sunrise over Berlin for a good while? Her wounds are not even serious if she managed to stay alive that long so what was the point of killing her off?
I didn't even feel anything during the scene. We already got his sister's death no need for another emotional death.
4/10

^Agree 100%

That's why these Muv-Luv anime series are meant to advertise the games and the whole franchise, they aren't meant to be high quality anime series, that's why they are low budget. Also, those games came out years ago are meant to be played to get more detail on plots, characters, and also better pacing as well.

For Anime:

Total Eclipse - Very true to the source material, very slow-paced, it's incomplete and you need the game to get the full detail.

Schwarzesmarken - Cut-out some character development/backstory, very fast-paced, it's basically a summary, and you need the game to get the full detail as well.

Season 2 of this wouldn't be called Schwarzesmarken anymore, it maybe called The Euro Front. If they do prequel, that'll be Bernhard im Schatten where Irisdina and Beatrix backstory are told.

What I would want to see is the original Muv-Luv trilogy being made at this time, they wanted to do a high budget anime the whole time, but they didn't have enough tiill kick starter comes around. so yeah.

TPatrioticOtakuAug 22, 2016 11:25 PM
Dec 26, 2016 4:48 PM
Mar 2016
irisdina didnt have to die. theo and her were supposed to live happily together. i liked this series though. nice to see a tough male mc who isnt afraid of crying.
Jan 12, 2017 4:32 PM
Jan 2017
God, what was it? I was very very upset with the end, god the iris the iris died. Incest also bothers me, like, Why did he do that to his sister? Being that he liked the iris ... people from heaven, I'm sad Iris could be saved ...
Apr 16, 2017 1:46 PM
May 29, 2017 12:52 AM

Dec 2012
The kirifuda is being played.
Dat insert song.
Iris oppai.
Sylvia!!!!!!
IKE! WALTHER!!!!!
No!
Kakumei!!!!
Kick his ass Iris!
NO! IRIS!!!!!!!! Please let Axmann be a shit shooter. Please waifu gods. Please!
Beatrix is finally dead.
IRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!
Gretel is alive.

Why did the waifu have to die? Baka Anett decided that instead of shooting Axmann herself, she throws the gun to Iris. Pointless ass death. Theodor loved her and you ruined it.

RIP Iris. You were too perfect to die.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 5, 2017 6:59 PM

Dec 2008
This was a rather raggedy cart to begin with, but after Theodor fucked his adoptive sister, the wheels just kind of fell off. 4/10
Aug 8, 2017 1:03 AM
Mar 2017
Katia for being a stupid daughter of the "savior of East Germany" and for doing nothing and being in the 666th, became a title or a new hero for the revolution....where Irisdina having a greater role died watching "A beautiful sight of Berlin" in Theodre's lap without having any urge to go to any Hospitals. Thats bullshit. The total story is really messed up.
Jan 21, 2019 2:08 PM

May 2014
This show wound up being pretty decent to me after a rough start where I questioned dropping it.

The way they killed Iris was dumb as hell tho. Clearly there was enough time to seek medical attention and attempt to save her.
"My name is John Locke, and I'm responsible
for the well being of this Island"
Aug 18, 2019 12:39 AM

Aug 2018
Series started off as propaganda piece but got better by the end. 6.5/10
Mar 23, 2020 5:44 PM

Aug 2013
Maybe I should have trusted MAL score this time...meh
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
May 28, 2020 1:02 PM

Apr 2020
I actually liked this a lot more than Total Eclipse. I really liked Iris' character but I had a feeling that she'd become a martyr and not survive the revolution. The only heroine that I saw surviving was Katia. At least Gretel made it but got a haircut?

Honestly though, why didn't Annet just take the kill shot? In the VN, Iris loved him back right? She just reappears in his dreams a lot?
Jun 9, 2020 4:48 AM

Jul 2016
jasonvorheas24 said:
The fuck don't bring her to a scenic view take her to the fucking hospital you fucking twat!!

This was everything I was thinking.
Jul 3, 2020 1:39 PM

Oct 2018
LOL that last scene killed it for me.....Yeah let's go watch an amazing scenery as you die irisdina instead of taking you to the god damn hospital...
Jul 12, 2020 9:19 PM

May 2018
Oh man, this guy a.k.a Theodor is much worse than Subaru (Re:Zero). He made a mistake over and over until the most beautiful hero dies. I'm Pissed off!

7/10 it should be 8/10 if Theodor and Anett use their brain properly.
Mar 30, 2021 8:23 PM

Jul 2013
i really liked this anime since it had a lot of elements i enjoy (mecha, war, different setting, aliens, mostly depressing with a little hope sprinkled in). there were some illogical aspects for forced melodrama (like making irisdina die instead of getting medical attention...) but overall a 9/10 for me.
Jun 10, 2021 10:00 AM
Jun 2021
Ok, I will praise this series for two things:the action and political struggle. Now, what I can't praise the series for is the poor decision making among the characters.
1. Having a mentally unstable soldier on the battlefield. I get it they needed the numbers, but it is counterproductive if it gets someone else killed.
2. Theodore sleeping with his sister in order to control her. I cannot believe Irisdina didn't say anything about that.
3. When you suspect someone of being a spy, question them, if you can or have a fail safe plan.
4. Trying to save someone who did not want to be saved. Example: pham gets her killed trying to save Lise who only cared about Theodore. She had no reason to try and help lise. Should have let theodore do the saving.
5. The plan to rescue their comrades when they were captured by lise. Have theodore be the one to keep lise occupied instead of gretel. Lise saw right through gretel's tsf movements. Did they forget that Lise fought side by side with them?
6. Failing to prevent irisdina from getting wounded. Who on earth throws their gun to their commander instead of just shooting the bad guy right then?
Panther_1-1Jun 11, 2021 11:00 AM
Sep 5, 2022 5:29 PM
Jun 2022
Fiquei indignado com o final, na Alemanha não tem hospital não? Eu gostei desse anime, é um anime bom. Espero
Nov 7, 2022 11:34 PM
Jul 2020
RIP Captain Irisdina Bernhard o7... you was best girl [*] 😢
F&#$ the Stasi
F&#$ that traitor dog
Theodor proving Incest not always a Wincest/10
Mar 17, 2023 11:14 AM
Oct 2017
Me gusto mucho el final, ¡spoiler por delante!, me gusto mucho ver la muerte feliz de Irisdina, una muerte pasifica, me recordó momentos de pasado.
Sep 25, 2023 8:10 AM

Mar 2013
And so another beauty, Sylvia, died. The author looks nuts. Then Beatrixx, then lastly, our favourite girl, Iris....WTF?? Author, are you condemning this story too much?!
This story is killing potential partners for Theodor, until he can only look at Katia... seriously?!

For a wonderful looking animation, the adaptation, and also the characterization of most characters sucks. Throughout this series, someone's missing to give a more detailed things happening in their lives, even when Iris went to another facility was not given animation. I guess they don't want to get a full 24+ episodes for this series. Most characters I really want to see the most, even the background characters i.e. mechanics department, Sylvia, and probably her relationship to that dude. Man, they went and ruined the experience.

I'll just use a 6 from theirs and give this series a ~6/10

This actually has a lot of potential at the start and went downhill but the writing looks terrible watching the anime, or to be fair, the adaptation was. I'll just say "the LN must be better, I guess?"

The best girl is still Ursula/Katia because IDK. SIGH. At the very least, Katia's voice is the only soothing part I can find.
CrazyButNot4USep 25, 2023 8:42 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2016

78 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 25, 2023 7:58 AM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2016

176 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 25, 2023 2:14 AM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2016

115 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 24, 2023 10:28 PM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2016

76 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 23, 2023 6:11 AM

Poll: » Will season 2nd be available in later?

SametTakao - Jul 30, 2023

3 by volgenauts »»
Aug 3, 2023 7:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.