Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 27, 2016 6:40 PM
Feb 2016
My God how Ranta annoys me, he's a little brat and should have died in that cave! Fuck him! If it wasn't for Mary he would have left him for dead! Anyway let us hope for S2
Mar 27, 2016 6:45 PM

Jan 2015
So you are telling me that Haruhiro killed a monster that killed an entire party... yep... this seems accurate...

Manato, Manato, Manato, Manato... EVERY episode they have to remember us that Haruhiro isn't like Manato. Can't they move on already?

They have to do another season, 'cause they didn't explained how those people appeared in this RPG world.
Anyway, after all, this is a 5/10 for me.
Mar 27, 2016 7:20 PM

Feb 2010
Damn RNGesus saved the day
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Mar 27, 2016 7:27 PM

Dec 2013
In an episode that was suppose to make or break it for you, this episode really broke it real hard.

First off, we were left on a cliffhanger last episode with the walkway to the rope that lifts them up to the 4th floor collapsing and Ranta surrounded by 5th floor Kobolds AND the Death Spot. The start of this episode, he's suddenly crawling around on the 4th floor already, no explanation of how the hell he managed to escape the fight AND find another place to climb back up to the upper level WITHOUT pursuit EVEN FASTER than Haru's team did in just climbing up their side! Mind blowing really.....

So the Death Spot lays in wait for them on the 3rd floor and just jumps up in the lamest jump scare ever. Haru manages to pull him back down the cliff whilst telling everyone to leave. As he lays there injured, along with the unmoving Death Spot, why is it that every one in his team starts leaving? The Death Spot was down on the ground unmoving, why did they all just run off like he was already dead? Throughout the entire sequence up till Haru slices the Death Spot apart, that damn mutt made no noise. How the heck was it that they didn't think to go help him in the first instance, and then suddenly knew when to go down to retrieve his battered body? It's not like they knew for sure that he hadn't already been eaten by the Death Spot, and he already fell down unconscious after beating it again.

Not gonna bother with the flash helmet appearance since that's been complained about for the millionth time already, but I did not enjoy all the scene skipping without explanations at all. Not only do they make no sense, they really took away from the enjoyment of the episode. It's like, oh they were in danger last episode, but suddenly they're okay. Um... wut???

That said, the backgrounds and the panoramic scenes are always where this show presents it's strength, and that was no different this episode.

I actually laughed when Haru was bandaging his arm before the last attack on Death Spot. After watching all this team leave, my inner monologue for him to Ranta was "The hell I'm gonna die and leave you my Harem!".

That last attack was also an issue. He looked like he was unconscious the entire time. It didn't seem like he even knew what he was doing. Someone who's read the LN please tell me if that was the actual case there as well.

Overall it was decent as a standalone anime series up till they messed up the narrative this episode. I still enjoyed the show, just less so than I was suppose to.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 27, 2016 7:36 PM

Aug 2015
Gives you the same feeling as when you think you're screwed in Fire Emblem then your unit crits off his 1% chance and saves the day.

Really loved this anime, and I quite liked the final episode. I'm happy that we got an actual conclusive and satisfying end to the season as well, I felt like it really got wrapped up nicely.

Definitely going to hope for a 2nd season on this one. The characters are in the right spot where their developments and bonds are strengthening and we are really getting to know them, and the story can go wherever it needs to because they left no loose ends. I may read the light novel though because it's one of those stories where I really want to know what happens now and not later.
"How can we go on a quest to regenerate the world if we can’t even save the people standing right in front of us?!" -Lloyd Irving, Tales of Symphonia
Mar 27, 2016 7:41 PM
Sep 2007
Cirris said:
Didn't like how the anime version of Haru killing Deathspots went.

LN version is far better.

Other than that, was a good episode and a great ending to the show.

The ending gave me that "go read the LN, cause we ain't doing this again" vibe, which sucks.

The anime studio that did the series seemed like they were poor. While the show does have an artistic looking feel, the actual quality was very poor. There was way too many blatant errors that got past editing. And there was one walking scene that was flat out intentionally derp`ed. It felt like they were either rushed, understaffed, or both.

The music was good. although, hip hop and mmo adventure genres don't mix. hip hop is an urban culture vibe. so when you hear rapping BGM in a middle age setting anime, it's rather off putting. But must of the songs did mesh into the story nicely.

I loved the show overall.

And I'd love another season with a better anime studio. But as i said before. It doesn't look that good. The sales are decent, but they're not making the bean counters bulge their eyes out. That's for sure.

Thank you for posting that spoiler, it fits the story better and the world, I knew something was off, in this last episode, and everything the author was trying to convey. There was no reason for them to change something, that breaks the story so much. Time to read the Light Novel from the start to see if there was anything changed they made that wasn't necessary.
Hi
Mar 27, 2016 7:47 PM

Jun 2014
Why so many series have weak finale.
The last fight with death spot was Haru soloing it with broken arm. Just wat -_-
Everything else was ok. 7/10
Mar 27, 2016 8:07 PM

Dec 2013
Mary best gril

Overall it was fine. Mary is just too damn cute.
mods are cucks
Mar 27, 2016 8:11 PM

Jun 2013
Needs a S2, really. Pretty comfy show overall, just felt kinda short towards the end. A lot of ploint points were never adressed and all that stuff, but it was suprisingly fun.

iPinoy said:
Mary best gril.

If by Mary you mean Yume, then I agree.
Mar 27, 2016 8:20 PM

Dec 2014
Ranta has a mystic helmet it seems.
It was a fun series, even though many questions were left unanswered.
8/10
Mar 27, 2016 8:22 PM

Aug 2015
I really want to know the name of the song that played during the fight that ensued after the gang catches up with Ranta in the farm area. It's a different version of the same song that was in the first preview for the show. I don't think it's been released anywhere yet though from what I can find.

I can't decide who the best gril is yet. They're all tied for me right now.
"How can we go on a quest to regenerate the world if we can’t even save the people standing right in front of us?!" -Lloyd Irving, Tales of Symphonia
Mar 27, 2016 8:39 PM

Sep 2008
Sooo many unanswered questions!
I really liked it, but I doubt there will come a second season.
How did they get into this world in the first place? They obviously origin from our world and landed in some kind of game??
And no real romance at all in the entire series, which is feel-ey all the way? Really sad.
Will those qustions of mine be answered later?
<3 <3 <3 Kei is love <3 <3 <3
Mar 27, 2016 8:43 PM

Jun 2013
this is my favorite anime after bokumachi and rakugo, 8/10 for me

i cant wait to see another season!

Armisrael
The fate of Destruction▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Deviant
is also the joy of Rebirth ▬ ▬▬Beast
Twtr
Arael
Mar 27, 2016 8:50 PM
Apr 2015
¿Querías una opinión en español? Ok e.e
Me encanto el final, se demostró la capacidad de supervivencia en el ultimo capitulo y eso en lo personal me gusto mucho. Tal vez este anime no tenga a tantos personajes OP que muchos esperarían, pero te da una visión joven y realista de como seria aparecer en un mundo donde tienes que asesinar para vivir. No hubieron escenas forzadas y no paso nada fuera de lo común para que nuestro protagonista sobreviviera, ya que se había discutido sobre esa habilidad en un capitulo anterior y se especulo de lo que podría hacer.
( Don't ban me bro :c )
Mar 27, 2016 9:01 PM

Nov 2011
made an awful season bearable loved this show more please
SWFC

We're all Wednesday arent we?
Mar 27, 2016 9:10 PM
Jan 2015
The Ending was good, hope it will get Season 2 like SAO,
8/10 for the Series
5/5 for the Ep
Mar 27, 2016 9:13 PM

Jul 2009
Xyphzs said:
5:27 Ranta had his helmet xD

Yeah I caught that too. The helmet was supposed to be in the mine dripping blood :/
Mar 27, 2016 9:41 PM

Jun 2012
Really bothered me in Log Horizon when no one questioned why they were trapped in the alternate reality, same goes for this. I hope the novel gave some sort of reveal about why they are there.
Mar 27, 2016 9:51 PM

Oct 2009
Bioshocked said:
Needs a S2, really. Pretty comfy show overall, just felt kinda short towards the end. A lot of ploint points were never adressed and all that stuff, but it was suprisingly fun.

iPinoy said:
Mary best gril.

LMaao. Agreed xD
Yume is best girl IMO ♥

That aside, the series was kinda meh for me... Only ep 1,2 and 11 were good lol. Maybe slow "action" anime is not for me or wtv. But I really got bored in the middle of the series. :v I did finish the series just for the sake of finishing it though. -__-''
If this show would get a s2, I probably won't watch it, unless the pacing is a lot better.
Thug_GouMar 27, 2016 9:57 PM

Mar 27, 2016 9:58 PM

Aug 2013
The fight was absolutely bullshit like wtf was this sudden Power up
Mar 27, 2016 9:59 PM

Jan 2013
Solid ending, would love another season.
Mar 27, 2016 10:05 PM

Sep 2013
Inugirlz said:
Xyphzs said:

Yeah I caught that too. The helmet was supposed to be in the mine dripping blood :/

Lol I say wtf when that happen
Mar 27, 2016 10:12 PM

Jan 2011
The show as very good at times and very awkward at times. You have to question if those awkward parts are what make the show unique because it gives it that realistic quality which is something you don't see in the "trapped in a rpg" anime mold.

Not a perfect show in the least. Enjoyable and glad to have watched it. I don't feel like I really know the characters anymore than when I first met them. There was some insight shared and obvious growth but still.

Anyway good finale and a good show if you don't mind a slow drama. I doubt this will get a second season even with the decent sales. It served it's purpose...boosted the novels.

Yeoun said:
The fight was absolutely bullshit like wtf was this sudden Power up

He's kind of had that perception ability (they've been grooming it for episodes) so it's not a total ass pull. Now the breaking of the sword shit was a little > >
Mar 27, 2016 10:15 PM

Jun 2013
Kiri_Meow said:
Bioshocked said:

LMaao. Agreed xD
Yume is best girl IMO ♥

That aside, the series was kinda meh for me... Only ep 1,2 and 11 were good lol. Maybe slow "action" anime is not for me or wtv. But I really got bored in the middle of the series. :v I did finish the series just for the sake of finishing it though. -__-''
If this show would get a s2, I probably won't watch it, unless the pacing is a lot better.

I liked the slow pacing though. That's why i continued the show, if it was a fast paced actiony show I probably would've dropped it a long time ago. Now I don't mean it's great but I still enjoyed it even though I gave it a 5.
Mar 27, 2016 10:22 PM

Mar 2014
This anime is very boring, right to the very end.
people say its "slow" but there is almost no character development whatsoever, here's my breakdown of character development :

-Haruhiro: indecisive emo kid -> decided to sacrifice self for his team
-Merry: i dont want to talk => now i talk
-Mogzo: mogzo => mogzo
-Shihoru: i'm so shy i put my hair over my eyes => now i wear a hair pin
-Yume: flat and useless => flat and useful
-Ranta: i speak my mind even though i'm stupid => i still do the same

But it was real chill most of the time, kinda calming, i even call it my "ASMR anime" .
Its a solid okay anime, and i dont understand why people call it great or 10/10.
Mar 27, 2016 10:28 PM

Mar 2016
Xyphzs said:
It was there the moment when the shed got crushed.... and gone again... rofl...
Mar 27, 2016 10:32 PM

Oct 2009
Bioshocked said:
Kiri_Meow said:

LMaao. Agreed xD
Yume is best girl IMO ♥

I liked the slow pacing though. That's why i continued the show, if it was a fast paced actiony show I probably would've dropped it a long time ago. Now I don't mean it's great but I still enjoyed it even though I gave it a 5.

I liked the slow pacing AT FIRST. But I was hoping there would be more developments and an increase in the pace in the later episodes. I waited for it and waited for it and I got it on ep 11. *cries* It was uhhh... bearable to watch I guess... considering I didn't drop it.

Mar 27, 2016 10:42 PM

Jun 2013
Kiri_Meow said:
Bioshocked said:

I liked the slow pacing AT FIRST. But I was hoping there would be more developments and an increase in the pace in the later episodes. I waited for it and waited for it and I got it on ep 11. *cries* It was uhhh... bearable to watch I guess... considering I didn't drop it.

Ok I actually thought they were going to reach their maximum potential at the end of the show and defeat a final boss, but yeah. S2 Never.
Mar 27, 2016 10:44 PM

Apr 2015
Shuhan said:
Really bothered me in Log Horizon when no one questioned why they were trapped in the alternate reality, same goes for this. I hope the novel gave some sort of reveal about why they are there.
Does it really matter at all?
Mar 27, 2016 10:58 PM
May 2014
Overall this was a good anime. I appreciated the slower pace of the anime and while some episodes felt slow for the sake of being slow (I would notice certain scenes that potentially could have been good character moments but just dissolved into generic anime cliche scenes), there were some genuinely great moments (especially with Ranta near the end, who ended up stealing this show).

Ranta the best character on the show. He is that misunderstood underdog you just wanna cheer for because he does what he wants and can back it up (at points).

Hal is kind of a generic character, but he isnt as annoying as your typical whiny MC who ends up being able to get shit done. Hes overall a more confident and likeable character than usual. I like the red haired girl and Mary as well. The other 2 are forgettable side characters but I am pleased with getting 4 quality characters.

My flaws are really the repetitive monologue scenes scattered throughout about surviving and all that boring shit you can find on the Walking Dead and the slow for being slow scenes. Otherwise this is a fairly refreshing anime for the pace, interesting characters, and not an overabundance of anime cliches usually found in this genre of anime.

6/10
Mar 27, 2016 11:03 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I really enjoyed the relaxing, realistic(ish), and character-driven take this series did with the isekai/MMO genre. It's refreshing to see the team slowly grow over the episodes, in terms of their skills as well as teamwork. They've really come far since the beginning, with little to no teamwork and not understanding each other very well, to warming up to each other one way or another, and actually being able to cooperate when fighting. I think having at three characters with developing over the series is good enough, give that there is only 12 episodes, and focusing on every character wouldn't work well, imo.

I think the pacing was perfect, although many would beg to differ. It might just be a preference or certain taste, and I think that's fine. It makes sense why it would irk people that we've barely seen anything in terms of plot, especially with the way they set up the "mystery" in the first episode. Questions about how they got there, and why they don't have their memories are still unanswered. It wouldn't be unrealistic expectations either to have wanted at least those questions be answered. But given how the series went on from there, it would be missing the point. We're just merely observing this party and their growth, and I think that's quite entertaining in itself. I'd like to know the answers to those questions...I'd like a second season :)

Lots of people said it already, but the background were really nice.

As for this episode, I wonder how Ranta got away from the kobolds o_o His little creature thing was interesting, I didn't understand what it was for, but I think it's to help him be motivated and survive? By spiting him?
Mar 27, 2016 11:17 PM

Dec 2013
easily one of the worst animes of the season.

too many plot holes and questions unanswered.

as predicted, it is impossible to revive the anime by rushing the last 2 episodes.
Mar 27, 2016 11:27 PM

Jun 2014
A great start, a fairly weak ending. For this episode i mean.
The show wasn't bad, and I actually REALLY enjoyed it. But this last episode was just slightly above meh. Kind of a weak "That was nice"

I really hope for a season 2. but it feels... unlikely.

8/10
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Mar 27, 2016 11:41 PM
Aug 2015
Dat helmet lol

And shihoru magic is awesomeee

Hope this gets a season 2. I serously very like it. It was relaxing, calm and aaaah
I WANT MORE GRIMGARRR XD

Mary Hal FTW
Mar 27, 2016 11:43 PM
Oct 2014
am i the only one who was disappointed from this last episode?
it was like to easy and strait forwored it was an overall obvious episode...
i was so hyped for the last episode for nothing i guess
Mar 27, 2016 11:46 PM

Feb 2012
What happened?

And the boss fight, so much wasted potential...
Mar 27, 2016 11:56 PM
Aug 2015
The part when haru say "mary come back and cast dispel on me" i though he would say "i want your hug thoo" xD
Mar 28, 2016 12:10 AM
Dec 2013
was enjoyable for me. definitely wasnt a fan of the pacing at first, but it became bearable. surprised im not seeing too many complaints about Haruhiro being OP. I would like a 2nd season.
Mar 28, 2016 12:23 AM

Dec 2014
defeat the kobold leader..then scavenge the sword...now that's a good drop

Mar 28, 2016 12:44 AM

Apr 2013
Definitely one of the better anime this season and the ending was certainly very satisfying. Such a heartwarming and sweet conclusion ~ I thought the ending was very well done. Glad Haru is back and Ranta safe and sound as well ~ The team would definitely not feel the same without Ranta and his antics ~ Hope this gets a continuation one day. I'll probably miss the chars.

Not disappointed with the 'boss battle' at all since I never saw this series as an action-focused series anyways. High 9/10.
Mar 28, 2016 12:46 AM

Feb 2016
Will there be season 2 or is this the end?
Mar 28, 2016 1:41 AM

Jun 2014
Solid anime from start to finish!

Character development was amazing, the OST was very fitting and sounded great, and the story was very good!

I could watch several more seasons of this story and these characters. Hope we get to see more of it some day!

My third favorite anime this season and I give it a 9/10!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Mar 28, 2016 1:53 AM
Mar 2008
Tylaen said:
Shuhan said:
Does it really matter at all?

Actually it does for a better understanding of the anime overall. The audience would get a better grasp of their situation which would be a + in Grimgar. Some kind of explanation was what i as well was hopping for, but in the beginning we only get "They are there, deal with it" and thats it for all 12 episodes.
Mar 28, 2016 1:55 AM

Feb 2012
One of my favorites this season. Im satisfied to how the anime ended.

Also based on this episode, I'm starting to ship for Mary x Haru. Though Yumi is still top girl, I'm starting to think there's no more development between her and Haru after that night rain hug scene. lol. Mary is a strong contender and she's starting to grow on me.

On another note, Haru is strooooong! or at least getting stronger!

Hoping for a season 2 soon! Crossing my fingers!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Mar 28, 2016 1:59 AM

Oct 2015
Quite good anime overall. A kinda log horizon rip-off with a plot "a noob party who trying hard to survive in this RPG game". 7/10 , but I give a 8/10 because Mary. Best Grill.
Mar 28, 2016 2:06 AM

Jul 2015
I love this. Can't wait for a season two!

Haru just got into the Zone lol

Hal x Mary ships are moving in at blazing speed <3

Mar 28, 2016 2:12 AM

Aug 2011
The Merry was diabetes

Enjoyed the ep even if Hal vs DS was anticlimactic

8/10
Mar 28, 2016 2:18 AM

Aug 2011
I don't want to say anything, just Australia!
Mar 28, 2016 2:28 AM

Mar 2015
I just surprised how this anime is really good. At first it's just boring, but when mary is showing up, it's just get interesting.

5/5 for final episode, 9/10 overall. Idk, just really like this show a lot, my fav this season.

Haru x Mary ftw. Really ship them omg.

Mary is just too cute, best girl 11/10.

I think BD sales for the first week is around 3k, which is not bad. And after this I think the sales will go up. I think it have a chance, but who knows. I really want a season 2 personally.
Mar 28, 2016 2:41 AM

Apr 2013
That scene when he killed Death Spots though. I don't know why but it was so freaking awesome.
Yume best girl, best ass and flat (she's not that flat) is justice.
FeelsBadMan for Australians.
REALITY IS A CRAPPY GAME

Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2016

281 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 14, 9:11 PM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2016

206 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 13, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2016

176 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 13, 12:16 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2016

230 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 12, 11:13 PM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2016

319 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 12, 10:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.