Forums

Staff of TV Anime 'D.Gray-man Hallow' Announced for Summer 2016

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 27, 2016 10:30 AM

Jan 2013
FullmetalChuuni said:
NaturalPerm said:
Cross Ange director's chance to redeem himself. Should work out. Sure hope it will.

>implying Cross Ange is something he needs to "redeem himself" for.

Cross Ange was great.

I'm glad someone enjoyed that travesty.
Mar 27, 2016 10:49 AM

Sep 2011
NaturalPerm said:
FullmetalChuuni said:

>implying Cross Ange is something he needs to "redeem himself" for.

Cross Ange was great.

I'm glad someone enjoyed that travesty.

Maybe in the minority on MAL but a lot more people enjoyed it. I'll admit it's one of those series you either love or hate. The first couple of episodes are a bit rough but I thoroughly enjoyed it by the end.
Mar 27, 2016 3:12 PM

Aug 2010
>Natsuki Hanae as Lavi
Literally wat. Wait, maybe they used him because that scene?

And July can't come faster, I need my weekly dose of Lenalee.
Mar 28, 2016 5:33 AM
Aug 2013
I'll give it a chance but I'm quite disappointed with Kanda's VA. I don't think there's anyone better than Sakurai Takahiro for this character...
Mar 28, 2016 7:22 AM
Mar 2014
Wow nice Pv, the new characters design looks quite good aswell, pretty hyped.
Mar 28, 2016 11:32 AM

Jul 2014
Takahiro Sakurai isn't voicing Kanda...WHAT!WHAT!WHAT!WHAT!WHAT! (robot intunation)
Watching the pv...WHAT THE HELL ARE THOSE BRIGHT COLORS! THEY TOTALLY KILL THE SETTING
ani147Mar 28, 2016 11:36 AM

Mar 28, 2016 10:08 PM

Dec 2011
I'm going to implode from the excitement.
Mar 30, 2016 3:04 AM

Jun 2014

Here's a sneak peak of the VAs.
Really hyped for this.
Edit: Personally I think the VAs did a good job at least in this video to match the voice acting to the old ones.
DankjesusMar 30, 2016 3:07 AM
Mar 30, 2016 2:42 PM

May 2014
theawesomeboss said:

Really hyped for this.
Edit: Personally I think the VAs did a good job at least in this video to match the voice acting to the old ones.

Actually Lavi sounds surprisingly good and fitting.Kanda feels odd.I might be biased because of Takahiro Sakurai

My biggest issue is Allen's VA...It's worse than I expected.I hoped he would not sound like Hinata from Haikyuu,but from that video it sounds exactly the same...
Mar 31, 2016 5:54 AM
Aug 2013
theawesomeboss said:

Really hyped for this.

Much better than I expected (but still disappointed with Kanda's VA).
Mar 31, 2016 9:08 PM

Aug 2010
I don't see why they changed the cast buy kept the composer...whatever, just happy to see more D.Gray-man.

Reborn sequel next, pls.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Apr 2, 2016 7:05 AM

Nov 2010
I was honestly devastated to hear that Lavi and Kanda will not be voiced by SuzuKen and Sakurai-sama...and I still am bummed about Lavi.
However, I felt like Kanda's new seiyuu totally suits his character and is almost similar to how Takahiro Sakurai voiced him so I'm happy about that at least~

But to accept Kaneki Ken's voice for Lavi is gonna take me some time... it's hard especially since Lavi is my ultimate favourite character and SuzuKen made him even more perfect with his voice...*sigh*

Time to move forward huh?
Apr 6, 2016 7:06 AM
Aug 2015
I was so hyped for this. DGM started everything for me, and the manga restarting last July (just a day after my birthday) and airing the anime this year, again in July, had me so damn excited! But I saw the latest trailer, and then heard the VAs, and for both Allen made me cringe. Allen doesn't have blue eyes, he just doesn't!! Animation style is also quite different, but some of the other characters were made really well, especially Link and Tyki, Kanda too. Lenalee is okay, but Lavi's grin missed a curve or crookedness to it I've loved since I saw it in the first anime. The blurred shine in the hair kinda annoys me, but even with the different style, the animation looks promising. But Allen with Hinata's voice, ugh. I had hoped it wouldn't be like that, and even if it were, it wouldn't be so bad, but my mind really can't handle it. Kanda and Lavi came close to the originals, but with Allen, I kinda feel like Hinata is roleplaying or something, haha. I love Haikyuu!! and it's characters, but I don't think I'll be able to see Allen quite as well now with this voice. Allen and Hinata are so far from each other... I think I'll have to watch both DGM anime adaptations at the same time for therapy, haha! Other than the style change and the atrocious switching with the cast, I'm pretty hyped! D.Gray-Man for the win!
May 20, 2016 10:02 PM

Jul 2012
This might have already been asked, but is this a continuation of the other anime series or is it starting fresh?
May 21, 2016 9:40 AM

Aug 2014
mollymay5000 said:
This might have already been asked, but is this a continuation of the other anime series or is it starting fresh?
From what I get, this is going to be a continuation of the 1st season.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production

DatRandomDude - 10 hours ago

41 by BookishChef »»
6 minutes ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 9 minutes ago

0 by Snow »»
9 minutes ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
7 hours ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
8 hours ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
Yesterday, 6:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.