Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 25, 2016 6:07 PM
Dec 2014
What chapter of the LN is this? did they skip a lot of things?
Mar 25, 2016 6:19 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
YOU GET A WAIFU

AND YOU GET A WAIFU

AND YOU GET A WAIFU

EVERYBODY GETS A WAIFU
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 25, 2016 6:23 PM

Jan 2011
shit with all these parings i was thinking this was done by sunrise bozes event got a baby damn! even with seeing all the hints i still was hoping the Knights were living the Yuri dream :P but this is okay.

was a fun ride second cour really picked up with the action /politics for a really enjoyable season gonna miss this show and Rory will say im glad i wont hear Tuka saying dad anymore.

8/10 would of liked a hint a Season 3 since theirs a civil war about to happen but this felt like a ending ending.
Mar 25, 2016 6:28 PM

Jul 2009
How did I know dem bitches would get in the way of Itami's hobbies? I feel your pain Itami. You really need to ditch them.

Yo but Tuka is annoying till the end. Stop calling him dad.

Why is Zozal not dead yet?
Mar 25, 2016 6:33 PM

Aug 2014
...wait a minute. I thought that brown bunny girl was dead. I mean the SDF guy used a whole clip of bullets on her. She should be in the hospital at the very least.

On a side note, Lelei is pretty powerful. She probably didn't even need Rory's help to deal with that Ogre. It didn't even look like an ogre to be honest more like some kind of red demon.

I'm a bit sad that neither Zolzal nor Tyuule got what they deserved. We'll never know what happens to them now unless there is a season 3 or maybe an movie/ova.

Also, it's a bit sad that Itami never changes. I'd like to think he values his friendship with the three girls more but nope, his hobbies are more important from start to finish.

Moon           Lovers
                  
Rainbow                For You                Bluebird

Mar 25, 2016 6:34 PM
Jan 2016
Levoltour said:
What chapter of the LN is this? did they skip a lot of things?

Just lots of gore and another rape scene, when they introduced the series with initial rape scene (until we find out Tyuule was a willing co-conspirator xD) That's why they [Production] excluded another rape scene.

Currently LN is still covering the civil war and earthly politics. This lack of content in the LN is why there isn't another sequel. The current production team are "scissors on fire." They meet their deadlines and dedicated to keeping the project on schedule. They were excellent with that, but they have forgotten the golden rule, you also need to balance that out with seamless action scenes all the while maintaining the drama. xD

It wasn't dependent on how well their sales went in the manga and LN department, in as much as how much content they could work with for a season 3, and it turns out a civil war and geopolitics are not really enough to launch another season.

I also disagree with the ascertains that ending suggests it sealed the series with a conclusive ending. It was actually an open ending, which is to say that, since Zorzal and Tyuule escaped with the "pro-war" senators and Zorzal stating in as much, "I'll get REVENGE." That nothing has been concluded for either the "doves" or "pro-war" side. Does it mean civil war? If it does, that's the weakest plot point in history. All the hints suggests that they are going to conclude with Zorzal and Tyuule downfall without having the country divided on either side. Zorzal is the most delusional like a certain emperor of antiquity, Nero. (which I suspect is what inspired the character design of Zorzal in the first place.) He will have a just a small faction to try to regain the throne.

Remember a key part of the soon-to-be Empress Pina's negotiations with Japan is that she hoped to convince Japan to exit the GATE. (Ref: GATE season 1 episode 11).

I only made a prediction and a easy one at that, based on where the LN was, how much content was there and it was easy to conclude that the anime would be on hiatus for 3-5yrs to get more content from the LN to continue the saga.
PetrolMar 25, 2016 7:08 PM
Mar 25, 2016 6:39 PM

Nov 2011
Great episode!
That fight with the Ogre was straight awesome! WHat a tag team of Lelei and Rory <33
Itami is a straight G as well.
Great ending, Tyuule and Zolzal can go somewhere and make Bunny babies and enslave them. Itami finally made it to the Doujinshi event...only to be interrupted by those three hotties lol.

THOSE SHIPS THOUGH!

I mentioned last week I was on board with this ship and it came through!!!!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 25, 2016 6:43 PM

May 2011
Was very rushed from the Dragon arc on.

Got away from what made Gate really good. Itami and the girls.

They skipped a lot just to half finish an arc. They rescued the princess and she's been put in line for the thrown by her emperor.

That's all well and good. But it just kind of fizzled for me. still good overall. I'm pretty sure this is the end. You're going to have to follow the Manga to see what happens from now on. I doubt they'll make more. It wasn't a huge hit in disc sales.
Mar 25, 2016 6:56 PM
Dec 2015
Gotta love the fact Zorzal is now traumatized by the fact his head almost had a viewing window. Also that expression when he realized they could take him down at any moment...priceless! He wasn't talking so much crap when he realized the SDF was holding back. All it took was a sniper purposely missing a shot, you'd think it was the fact a cute Japanese girl kicked his ass as if she was the female Brock Lesnar would have done it, but nah.

Alas poor Itami, couldn't get his doujins because his waifu squad tracked him down...yeah he's married if you think about it. He isn't allowed to have fun anymore.
I'm not just a Tsundere, I am THE Tsundere.
Mar 25, 2016 6:59 PM
Apr 2012
animefan8800 said:
Glad to see them easily rescue Pina and make her the future Queen. Plus the end was fittingly humorous. That aside I can't help but feel disappointed with this second half. I figured with best girl Yao it'd surpass the first half in quality, and things looked good early on but...then we got that garbage plot point of Itami only taking on the fire dragon for Tuka's dumbass daddy issues effectively ignoring Yao and her people. I never forgave him after that and it soured the remaining show for me so a disappointed 6/10 is all I can give.

Yao is no way the best girl just a add on that brings really nothing to the table. Only brought more trouble. Itami has no blame for this.
Mar 25, 2016 7:17 PM

Jan 2016
Itami to the rescue! Glad to see Itami and his team fought again once more.

As usual, the girls never fail to disappoint. She and Lelei just muuurrdered that giant ogre.

And..I am very satisfied to see the crown prince got his balls shrunk by Itami.

I'm happy with the ending. The SDF did a great job as always.
At least justify your opinions instead of just saying "it's my opinion". It would've been more polite.

Mar 25, 2016 7:31 PM

Jul 2014
last episode was good, hoping for a season 3 :D
8/10
Mar 25, 2016 7:34 PM

Jan 2013
Love the ending of Gate Though I wonder what will happen to the emperor along with Hitoshi Furuta and Tyuule I heard that they will be together in the end but the Anime failed to covered that and also what happened with Persia and Kurata.

Overall I loved it, however I think that they will leave the ending as it is unless ofcourse they'll release an OVA for what is it to come next for Zolzal and his men, just to give a solid conclusion
Mar 25, 2016 7:36 PM

Dec 2014
This and the Fire Dragon episode were the only good ones imo. The rest of it was just kinda bleh. If there is a 3rd season I'd watch it though because I find a lot of the characters interesting and fun to watch.

6/10
Mar 25, 2016 7:47 PM
Jan 2016
Sabersword said:
Love the ending of Gate Though I wonder what will happen to the emperor along with Hitoshi Furuta and Tyuule I heard that they will be together in the end but the Anime failed to covered that and also what happened with Persia and Kurata.

Overall I loved it, however I think that they will leave the ending as it is unless ofcourse they'll release an OVA for what is it to come next for Zolzal and his men, just to give a solid conclusion

lol I'm sorry the pairing of Kurata and Persia made me laugh, Furuta and Tyuule I have no idea, as for ending, I don't think there will be an ending. I have the same thought about SAO and Log Horizon, they are still ongoing LN and will inevitably get another season(s). The anime(s) I know about for sure are Saki, Ippo, and Slayers , they are reoccurring anime(s) and they appear 5 yrs? 10 yrs? Who knows. The key is whether that anime has selling appeal and popularity among it's fan base.

Since they (prod team) left the possibility open and LN is still ongoing, with Zolzal declaring he'd get revenge. That's a hint this series will continue.
Mar 25, 2016 7:57 PM

Jan 2013
Petrol said:
Sabersword said:

lol I'm sorry the pairing of Kurata and Persia made me laugh, Furuta and Tyuule I have no idea, as for ending, I don't think there will be an ending. I have the same thought about SAO and Log Horizon, they are still ongoing LN and will inevitably get another season(s). The anime(s) I know about for sure are Saki, Ippo, and Slayers , they are reoccurring anime(s) and they appear 5 yrs? 10 yrs? Who knows. The key is whether that anime has selling appeal and popularity among it's fan base.

Since they (prod team) left the possibility open and LN is still ongoing, with Zolzal declaring he'd get revenge. That's a hint this series will continue.

But According to MAL the LN of Gate is already finished, and I doubt that a next season will occur but there is still a possibility, but I think an OVA or two would suffice for a conclusion.
Mar 25, 2016 8:11 PM
Jan 2016
Sabersword said:
Petrol said:

But According to MAL the LN of Gate is already finished, and I doubt that a next season will occur but there is still a possibility, but I think an OVA or two would suffice for a conclusion.

I could go according to Wikipedia, USA Today, CNN, Wall Street Journal, New York Times, LA Times, Boston Herald, MSNBC, Fox News and so on, but you should go with tradition. Like Beethoven's 9th symphony 4th movement, Aaron Copland "Hoe-down" from Rodeo, Shakespeare's Henry V, Sir Isaac Newton's Theory on Gravity, Albert Einstein's Theory of Relativity and anime(s) I just listed that have followed tradition. Saavy?

EDIT: I wanted to include Plato's writing on Atlantis, but that's more of a myth than theory, but it's really bordering on tradition if another word for Atlantis were Minoans? Hm...
PetrolMar 25, 2016 8:14 PM
Mar 25, 2016 8:11 PM
Mar 2013
Baphomet said:
... Why did Bunny let the Emperor live again?
The true emperor is still Molt because Zolzal hasn't officially taken over the position and is technically just a temporal ruler as the substitute for him. He has the authority only in the capital city, not all over the empire. For instance, Italica doesn't obey him yet, Kings around there have been obeying the emperor Molt but it is unpredictable if they would accept Zolsal as the successor because they know he is much lesser ruler than any other his siblings. So, it is still very important for all countries, Zolza and Tyuule that the fact Molt is still alive, just being sick in bed.
htsujiMar 25, 2016 8:14 PM
Mar 25, 2016 8:13 PM

Sep 2014
I fucking called it!!!!!

Let me just say this, the ending itself had me in goosebumps. The second I heard S1 OP playing, I had the biggest grin and was all tingly. Anytime a multi-season show wraps things up and uses S1's OP (especially if it was really catch or AWESOME) it puts me in a sense of nirvana/bliss.
Mar 25, 2016 8:17 PM

Jan 2013
Petrol said:
Sabersword said:

I could go according to Wikipedia, USA Today, CNN, Wall Street Journal, New York Times, LA Times, Boston Herald, MSNBC, Fox News and so on, but you should go with tradition. Like Beethoven's 9th symphony 4th movement, Aaron Copland "Hoe-down" from Rodeo, Shakespeare's Henry V, Sir Isaac Newton's Theory on Gravity, Albert Einstein's Theory of Relativity and anime(s) I just listed that have followed tradition. Saavy?

EDIT: I wanted to include Plato's writing on Atlantis, but that's more of a myth than theory, but it's really bordering on tradition if another word for Atlantis were Minoans? Hm...

Oh I clearly missed your point there
Mar 25, 2016 8:19 PM

Aug 2010
This was a pretty satisfying ending. I'm still not tired of seeing the empire get outright destroyed. They pretty much took out all the guards and infiltrated without anyone noticing. I always love seeing Zorzal's frightened face.
Loved seeing all the ships toward the end. poor Itami, Looks like he got some karma for skipping Pina's crowning to try to buy doujinshis.

I didn't find this season to be as good as the first season, but I still enjoyed it very much. I also never thought I would wish death on a bunny girl before I watched this series.

overall, I will give this season an 8/10
Mar 25, 2016 8:19 PM
Feb 2016
Loved season 2, Going to miss it coming out every friday. But for the record , Im pretty upset for Itami . LET THE MAN GET HIS DOJIN ON , HE FOUGHT DRAGONS FOR CHRIST SAKE! lol.
Mar 25, 2016 8:21 PM
Jan 2016
Sabersword said:
Petrol said:

Oh I clearly missed your point there
I'll simplify for you then, follow history not sources proclaiming themselves to be the authority [claimants to be all world of a subject matter].
PetrolMar 25, 2016 8:58 PM
Mar 25, 2016 8:36 PM

Dec 2014
Nice episode and pretty good finale to the series.

Everyone was pretty badass this episode, Especially Rory and Lelei taking down that ogre as if it were nothing. Loved seeing Zolzal's dumbstruck face again.

The coronation had a real impressive set up and I really liked it.

Poor Itami unable to buy his doujinshi again xD

8/10 for both seasons, Really enjoyed this show. Would love a season 3 :D
Mar 25, 2016 8:50 PM

Apr 2008
Nachtwandler_21 said:

Nah. They still left all the Civil war and Earth politics thing hanging. They can do S3 if they want.

I am aware of all the geo-politics from Earth side being left out, but I think it was for the better. The whole political scene was just beyond stupid, all these countries drooling over the unmined resources beyond gate, even when they lack any reasonable means of transporting them. Instead of focusing on answering the questions of how does the gate work, is it possible to replicate it? If humanity can learn to create their own gates, then every country could have a gate to a word of their own!
Instead of studying elfs to figure out their secret to long lived lives.
Instead of figuring out if it is possible for an apostle to ascend on the other side of the gate and become a true god? Instead of learning and trying to adapt magic, because MAGIC!
Nope, they want to argue over oil, gold and diamonds? Hahaha
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Mar 25, 2016 9:01 PM
Nov 2012
Driugen said:
Alas poor Itami, couldn't get his doujins because his waifu squad tracked him down...yeah he's married if you think about it. He isn't allowed to have fun anymore.
He didn't even get to go to the Comiket with the girls. That would have been funny. It's not just a doujinshi show, it's a cosplay event. People would have assumed they were cosplayers.

Here's a Rory Mercury cosplayer at last fall's Comiket.

Mar 25, 2016 9:21 PM

Sep 2014
yeah great episode opefully we will see more of the war bunny in season 3
Mar 25, 2016 9:37 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
High 7, so pretty much 8/10. Really fine at times, though I loved the first half of the second season more than the second half.

4/5
Mar 25, 2016 9:47 PM

Aug 2007
And thus ends my biggest anime disappointment in recent years. The awesomeness of OPM and KonoSuba will soothe the pain!
Mar 25, 2016 10:20 PM
Dec 2013
Last ep was decent but over the top cliches with the waifus, dumb bad guy gets run outta town, king/good guys are alive/win. I'm disappointed most with how psycho bunny's char failed her potential. Still, good ep for closure compared to other anime, so me thinks S3 is very doubtful.

Couple things I gotta get off my chest though; I'm convinced this thinly veiled right wing propaganda is being funded by the government, given their political climate. Seems like it anyway. The romanticism of war/JSDF as "peaceful saviors" is total SMFH. Another issue I had was the unabashed pairing of the diplomat and grade school girl. WTF lol. Considering the mangaka made his political opinion abundantly clear, I have no other choice but to think he's promoting his loli-pedo fetish.

Anyways, S1+S2 is 3.5/10 for me, but a 7 had it been without the propaganda. S1 was close to an 8 for me than S2.
Mar 25, 2016 10:21 PM
Jul 2018
Itami and the girls were able to save Pina and the emperor!

I felt bad for Itami at the ending!
Mar 25, 2016 10:30 PM

Aug 2011
Ah so there is more, curious to see what happens to Tyuule :v

If only the manga was fully translated
FalcomsterMar 25, 2016 10:33 PM
Mar 25, 2016 10:32 PM
Oct 2007
I think I might be one of the few's that actually enjoyed 2nd season more than the 1st. Looking forward to a 3rd one hopefully!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2016 10:38 PM
Mar 2010
oldskoolpunk said:
Driugen said:
He didn't even get to go to the Comiket with the girls. That would have been funny. It's not just a doujinshi show, it's a cosplay event. People would have assumed they were cosplayers.

Here's a Rory Mercury cosplayer at last fall's Comiket.

does she have a facebook page if so give the name.
Mar 25, 2016 10:59 PM
Apr 2013
I don't even read the LN and I noticed they skipped a lot of things. And that dem pedo...
Mar 25, 2016 11:08 PM

Feb 2010
I loved it. A fulfilling ending that also leaves the door open for a third season. And I want a third season!! I hope to get the dubs soon even if I have to buy the DVDs.

It was fun to see the ships hooking up at the end. I'm a bit surprised Bozes is pregnant and always aware of it. They said it was 10 days after Itami's raid. I get his raid was just a few days after the last op. How ever long it took for him to drive there. It takes a while for you to find out after you do it. Also does anyone else find it a little odd that they ship a man and woman who shot and stabbed each other respectively. That was about the only other time I saw those to together.

Zorzal isn't as smart as he thinks he is. He already reinforced the capital when he took power. Now he is talking about doing it again when it's already too late (not that he knows that). He no longer has any air support and the JSDF basically own the skies now. They already shown him they can level a large building without even getting close to the ground. Even if they barricaded all the entrances they could just drop a bomb on the palace.

I understand why Molt changed his mind on dealing with Japan. After watching only a few of them kill his men in lopsided fight and a small woman own his son, then the very next morning the senate building gets blown to bits before they even knew what happened. Then he is poisoned by in all likely hood his own son. This would give him time to think about it. After the JSDF walk all over his forces and show him just how fast they can move it's only natural for anyone other then an moron to learn how bad things are for the Empire.

I did have a feeling Piña Co Lada would take the throne, I had just figured it would be after her war crazy brother got himself killed.

Nice to see Tyuule found her victory hollow. I also wonder what she would happen if Zorzal got her pregnant. I also wonder why he hasn't already.

I wonder what happened to Yao at the end. I know she basically only became his slave as part of the deal. He doesn't seem to hold her to it but in the manga I read she is afraid of social ramifications of being a "run away" slave and later that she wants a closer relationship. Not sure how much of her affections he deserves as he ignored her pleads to save her clan and finally did it for Tuka's PTSD. Then again he was already thinking about how to kill it before she forced his hand and even for the modern military killing a dragon that size is a tall order and they didn't yet have the go ahead to take a large enough force to take it down.
ZingFreelancer said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:

Nah. They still left all the Civil war and Earth politics thing hanging. They can do S3 if they want.

I am aware of all the geo-politics from Earth side being left out, but I think it was for the better. The whole political scene was just beyond stupid, all these countries drooling over the unmined resources beyond gate, even when they lack any reasonable means of transporting them. Instead of focusing on answering the questions of how does the gate work, is it possible to replicate it? If humanity can learn to create their own gates, then every country could have a gate to a word of their own!
Instead of studying elfs to figure out their secret to long lived lives.
Instead of figuring out if it is possible for an apostle to ascend on the other side of the gate and become a true god? Instead of learning and trying to adapt magic, because MAGIC!
Nope, they want to argue over oil, gold and diamonds? Hahaha

You have a good point. The special region doesn't have any paved highways or railroads to transport the resources back home. Given how unstable the situation is right now building and maintain them would prove difficult. Zorzal would attack them if for no other reason then spite. Even if they could do that they would still need to funnel all those goods through the gate and the middle of a crowded city. Until they learn to built their own gates where they want them their hands are pretty tied. Still there will always be those greedy enough to try.

Still I would have liked to have seen someone trying to study the long life of the elves, how the gate works, magic, and so on. Given that the gate may very well close on it's one one day learning how to build your own would be critical. That said I don't know how much say researchers would have in the matter. The military has been keeping people away outside of diplomats and reporters. They may want to but have no way of doing that.
Mar 25, 2016 11:14 PM

Jan 2013
I can't believe that it's over now...one of my favourite animes of 2016 & 2015.
One of the best animes i've ever seen,i can't put it in my favourites because i don't have any free spaces :(
Loved the idea, the art was simply gorgeous and the characters were amazing, and i'm not even talking about the OP & ED that are simply amazing!
The fights in Gate were one of the best i've seen, those Imperial soldiers getting rekt by Japan :D Probably one of the best moments, and when Rory got mad and started cutting everyone xD Best girl <3
Hope that there will be a third season, since this anime really deserves it.
Now about the episode, Itami's team is back and they helped him to save princess Piña, prince Zorzal got destroyed again. It's so good to see his face getting angry but he knows that he can't do anything, and it seems that his bunny slave is starting to change, glad to see that, i know that she passed through a lot of things but she must fight him and change.
Watching Lelei and Rory taking care of that giant ogre, was so nice ahahah and so easy.Lelei is actually very strong, she is good at it ;)
And that epic escape, so great to see that everyone is fine and princess Piña is alive.
Now they can take the king to their hands again, Piña now is the Queen/King of the Kingdom :D Damn, she is so pretty and cute ;) For me, she and Rory were the best girls in this anime.
And that unexpected shipping huh? xD I mean Piña's soldiers and Japanese soldiers ahahahaha that was not expected xD That blonde girl was already pregnant ahahahahaha Someone said in the previous episode that they should be together, i don't know who said that but i hope you are happy now :D
They are happy now xD Maybe Sugawara is happy too ahaha i can't stop laughing because that girl actually have feelings for him and he is like "what i am supposed to do now" haha
Itami poor Itami xD He just wanted to buy his doujinshi and nothing else, but no, they never leave him haha

And what i'm supposed to watch now? Friday/Saturday(at night) were my favourite days because when i went back home from University or going out with friends i had always 2 animes to watch, "Gate & Heavy Object",i loved to come home and just chill in the bed and watch these to great animes, it was probably one of the most enjoyable moments i ever had watching animes, and it only happened at those days watching these animes.
What to do now? :/
10/10 One of the best animes, enjoyed it so much.

PukingMachines said:
well, i'll go ahead and delete friday from the calendar now, it has become an unnecessary day now

Yeah :(

I will simply leave this here <3 Amazing moment.

pab1994 said:
OrangeJP said:
So many ships at the end LOL

Dem Ships!

Gonna miss the squad...

Those ships were unexpectedly funny to see.
I will miss this anime so much, and this great squad too...

PLEASE WE NEED A SEASON 3 OF THIS
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 25, 2016 11:44 PM
Jan 2016
The foreign conquerors came and took all the prettiest women on top of overthrowing the government.
Mar 25, 2016 11:49 PM

Dec 2015
Episode enjoyment: 4/5, Overall: 2/5

I love how it ends on a situation a lot more interesting than almost every insignificant tasks we saw during the 24 episodes (especially the boring dragon/mourning story). In the end, the political environment becomes favorable to the japanese planned colonial exploitation: they have almost installed a partisan (if not a puppet king-to-be) on the throne, a civil war could help them tighten their military position in the empire, and everything was magically done out of purely non-interested will by the end of the chain (the soldiers). I want to know how it will evolve from there (and more about the parallel world too), good job for this adaptation; in another hand, I have no interest to discover the next feat of the hero, his annoying harem or the jap. self-defense forces (who should be here to explore, occupy the foreign land aand secure national interests).
Global note: 5/10.

The emperor sure went through a long introspection thanks to his "near-death experience". 180º please!

Is the japanese spy feeling sorry for Tulle? As a spy, doesn't he know about her intentions? As for her, it was a big surprise: I didn't foresee the classic vengeance emptiness sickness. She has btw no reason to feel it because I don't see how she succeeded in leading the empire to his loss: she merely started it and there is no sign if this will result in the state demise.

"Everyone's beloved Jieitai"? Seriously?

Conclusion: the hero did not change an inch, only his harem grew up.
Rei_IIIMar 26, 2016 12:08 AM
Mar 26, 2016 12:28 AM

Jun 2015
Wow. Gate Ishida-san finally getting a girl.
Mar 26, 2016 1:29 AM

Jan 2015
So many shippings at the end, Itami likes doujinshi???? What???? Still hoping for more...new season hype as always...as for this season 8/10, first season was better...
Mar 26, 2016 1:32 AM
Dec 2013
Honestly, I love this show, but I'm really really sad to see it go. I thought the ending was great, but I just feel shitty right now because I'm going to miss waiting for a new episode every Friday.

I absolutely love all the characters, the world, and really just everything about it. It may not be perfect but goddamn, I still love it none the less.

Here's hoping for a 3rd season in the future!
Mar 26, 2016 1:35 AM

Jun 2014
When it played the original OP I got so damn hype, too good. This episode in general was incredibly well done. Great conclusion, wouldn't be mad if there wasn't another season, this is how you do LN adaptations.

It went from being one of my least favorites and potential drops of Summer, to one that I legitimately looked forward every week for a new episode.
Mar 26, 2016 1:41 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
All those couplings out of nowhere at the end though

lol
Mar 26, 2016 2:29 AM

Feb 2012
I wasnt expecting the Delilah x Yanagida pairing, but they do look together. Like all the ships, but where's Itami's pairing? Forever harem? Lol!

Whatever happened also to Yao? She didn't go with them to Japan?
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Mar 26, 2016 2:38 AM

Aug 2012
Rory being best girl. She had some great moments.

Well seems like there's still conflict and threat of a civil war. Hopefully we get a season 3.
Mar 26, 2016 3:45 AM

Sep 2014
This anime was great, I loved it. I want another season ._.
I dont know what to do in my life without Gate!
Im totally gonna rewatch this :D
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 26, 2016 3:46 AM

Sep 2013
ssfmal said:
can't wait for season 3 i like alot maybe next time more big bang and shootgun,,,, maybe less talk but more fighting that would make it a 10/10 animes

We hope there are season 3
Mar 26, 2016 4:00 AM

May 2009
Can't wait for season 3, I hope..
Mar 26, 2016 4:16 AM

Aug 2015
I absolutely loved this season, so many ships were sailed at the end of this episode, some of them were expected and some completely unexpected. I thoroughly enjoyed this episode especially, in my opinion it was a great finale and it wrapped things up fairly well. I'll miss you Itami-dono and your Legendary Harem Squad. I hope a third season will be made, this an amazing series.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2016

136 by Jagermeister-kun »»
Mar 25, 3:18 AM

» Season 3? ( 1 2 )

AshAkinola - Mar 25, 2016

56 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Jan 18, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2016

231 by Estefan »»
Jan 17, 7:42 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

190 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 6, 2023 6:34 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2016

159 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 6, 2023 5:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.