Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 25, 2016 9:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pina's awesome, standing up for herself.
Itami's awesome for going to the empire to save her.
Rory's awesome for being a badass this episode :D
Same with Lelei. Glad to see they were able to save Pina from that hellhole the Empire and Zorzal.

Watching Zorzal squirm in fear is quite amusing lol
8/10. I liked this season just as much as the first even though it had a darker tone to it. Lol Itami still loves his otaku goodies. Yes, they also used the first season's theme song in the finale!

Mar 25, 2016 9:34 AM

Jun 2013
Aw, it has ended...well that other Anime starts in 2 weeks... this is pure 7-8 anime...it was god, some what rushed tough.

Damn Itami and co...Simply put...Veni Vidi Vici and Looks like they got their RECON 3 Squad to Help Them!!! XD X3 Poor Zorzal...Especially when Kuribayashi started to smirk after Itami said that if Zorzal get's some ideas...Oh dear...

and Pinã ruled too.. Nice to see how she gave BIG FU Y to Zorzal and those 3 Ass licking officers, that were Once part of her army...

lol..Zorzal was left in fear and Tyuule bitch continue planning...oh...so he run.....and Now Pinã got the public approval from Mort that she will be future Ruler....Yep it will be Civil war in Possible Season 3 (if it will happen) but now...it is a Peace...

Going to miss Itami, His Harem and Squad....and Now Pinã is part of the harem Officially after this rescue. XD

Lol....Tyuule...you got what you wanted, Empire's destruction....and now you feel empty...Hope you are Happy...that is what everyone that search for Revenge feel after everything is accomplished....

JarjaxleMar 25, 2016 12:33 PM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Mar 25, 2016 9:41 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Same with Lelei. Glad to see they were able to save Pina from that hellhole the Empire and Zorzal.

8/10. I liked this season just as much as the first even though it had a darker tone to it. Lol Itami still loves his otaku goodies. Yes, they also used the first season's theme song in the finale!

You pretty much said all that needed to be said bro

Except I'm kinda angry that Tyuule is still out there and that the bitch didn't die but oh well

8/10 for me too and I wouldn't mind a S3 one bit
Mar 25, 2016 10:25 AM
Mar 2013
Politically speaking, the SDF should NOT give a support Itami's new mission because they had attacked Jade Palace and the prison to save pro-peace people and Japanese diplomats, which gave the Empire serious damage already. Additional operation can be a bit too much and would make the political confusion more complicated...

But, the SDF dera to officially decide Itami's rescue operation with his men.

htsujiMar 25, 2016 11:44 AM
Mar 25, 2016 10:37 AM
Feb 2009
aww goddammit will miss this show for sure every fridays.
Mar 25, 2016 10:38 AM

Jan 2015
Briefing time, pulling the "cart" loads with passenger, putting up the threat, carrying Pina, all done by Itami. Lots of "contribution" from Itami in this episode. Too bad he miss the moment of some people that became couple. LOL or something like that
So Tyuule still can cry and feel despair too? Well, it's not like it'll change my opinion about her though.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 25, 2016 10:44 AM
Mar 2013
What made me surprise most was... they even rescued the poisoned emperor to give some medical treatment by SDF.

Mar 25, 2016 10:46 AM

Apr 2010
It pains me to say that this is over.
I want more!!

Anyway it was a nice ending tho i have to say Bozes being pregnant was a bit of a surprise.
Tho it wasn't entirely unexpected.
It seems that other members in Itami's squad had a nice ending as well.

As for Pinya it would be nice to see her in her new role can't wait for new chapters of the manga.
Zorzal didn't his death that he so deserves but the good news is that he gets to suffer a lot more.
And Teulu final showed part of her background story which should have been showed a lot earlier, they didn't cover the part of her race tho.
Mar 25, 2016 10:56 AM
Mar 2013
The emperor's final answer: "We can say Zolzal is the traitor now."

Mar 25, 2016 11:10 AM

Apr 2014
So many ships at the end LOL

Rory is still the best girl and Itami still has his priorities set

I want a season 3

Mar 25, 2016 11:15 AM

Apr 2008
The ending was not what I expected... They have more material to adapt, but they concluded this episode in such way that send a message "This is the end". Skythewood got only up to volume 4 translated... Disturbing.
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Mar 25, 2016 11:16 AM

Sep 2009
They have enough material for one more season but they made an ending the way that they can do it or not. Let's wait and see.
Mar 25, 2016 11:17 AM

Jul 2015
It was crazy to see how they overpowered Zolzal's empire. I mean we see it every time, but it's always impressive just how much to damage they can do against a whole army with just a little group. Nice to see Piña's rescue went well! This was easily one of the best this season! Hopefully we get a 3rd season.
Mar 25, 2016 11:19 AM

Sep 2009
ZingFreelancer said:
The ending was not what I expected... They have more material to adapt, but they concluded this episode in such way that send a message "This is the end". Skythewood got only up to volume 4 translated... Disturbing.

Nah. They still left all the Civil war and Earth politics thing hanging. They can do S3 if they want.
Mar 25, 2016 11:24 AM
Jan 2016
I don't think this series is over and yes we are gonna have to wait few years when the LN has more content to cover, because the LN is on limited content now. Overall I found it was satisfactory ending (for now, since it's going to continue at a later time) and all those pairings towards the end really were eye raising. lol

Ahhh... Summer Anime Season can't come soon enough! Overall I give GATE S2: 8/10. The lack of sequential action scenes was the big minus here.
PetrolMar 25, 2016 6:59 PM
Mar 25, 2016 11:25 AM

Apr 2013
Now that is what I call an ending. Sooooooooooo much shipping, just the way I like it. Now, let there be a third season...
Mar 25, 2016 11:25 AM
Mar 2013
Zolzal and some part of the army went away somewhere.
And then, the Emperor's official and public statement: "Pina Colada. From now on, you inherit the entire governmental matters or business."

There are two governments in the empire... with a possibility of a civil war, which is telling us the case is not closed, yet.

htsujiMar 25, 2016 11:40 AM
Mar 25, 2016 11:32 AM

Jan 2008
Wow the sudden confesions like going out, marry or even have a child got me really surprisised.

In all, a good end - for a 2nd season.

I hope that there will be a third season and Itami can buy his doujins!
In all, I very much enjoyed this season again.
Mar 25, 2016 11:35 AM

Jun 2014
Rescuing Pina seemed a bit easier than I thought it would be (then again, I'm not sure why I even thought it would be overly difficult), and it's nice to see her be appointed as crown princess. I'm also glad her father is alive and well, and seeing Tyuule and Zolzal look utterly defeated was so satisfying. I found it cool how they used the first season's OP as the ED, and overall, I liked this season a little more than the first, 7/10.

Also, did anyone else notice how his ex-wife asked him what he did "this time" when he was in the cop's car? I'm kind of interested in learning what he may have done in the past that resulted in him being put in a cop car (unless that was mentioned already, and I just forgot).
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 25, 2016 11:39 AM
Jul 2012
I really hope they make a new season so hopefully the sales are good.
Mar 25, 2016 11:40 AM
Jan 2014
Certainly not expected this to end like that. It's like authors already knew, that they will not produce more seasons in future, so they wanted to give viewers some king of closure.
Mar 25, 2016 11:40 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
A conclusive ending, makes me believe that there wouldn't be any sequels.

Emperor Molt, it's hard to believe he is changing side to pro-Japan, I've always thought he was an evil dictator who was thirsty of land conquest, seems tremendous enemies changed his attitude I see.

Rory is still annoying as ever, until the end.

Hope Itami would either choose Kuribayashi as lover or go back to his ex-wife, they're both the best choices.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 25, 2016 11:44 AM

Jan 2011
I think I enjoyed S1 a little more than S2. This really doesn't feel finished even though the epilogue really makes it seem like this could be the cap but obviously easy to start up another season if possible. So it that regard, it was a good ending.

I do hope the civil war and new political climate is enough to get the another season pushed so here is hoping. Again, these kinds of endings are your very typical title enders.

Great cast with a very well done fantasy element. That single point above and beyond pushed this show into greatness.
Mar 25, 2016 11:45 AM

Sep 2009
bionic_batman said:
Certainly not expected this to end like that. It's like authors already knew, that they will not produce more seasons in future, so they wanted to give viewers some king of closure.

The only major change comparing to novels vol. 3 is that they showed us some pairings from vol. 4. Overall it's quite the same.

Yes, producers decide to play it safe but LN boost is large enough for the publisher to green-lit one more season later.
Mar 25, 2016 11:46 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
I can't believe it's over! Nothing will ever be able to fill the void T~T

Well it was definitely a satisfying ending. The princess was saved and Zozal is a bitch. Sounds like there's more stuff to cover, so a third season isn't completely out of the realm of possibility.

I figured Itami would never get a ship of his own. But I still believe Itami x Rory is the true justice!

They actually set aside a section for ships too. Can't believe that blonde chick was pregnant. The only one I don't approve is the short haired girl and the old fucker.

Well, I loved this series and it gets a 9/10 from me. I hope I'll get to see more of you soon GATE!
Mar 25, 2016 11:47 AM

Dec 2013
OrangeJP said:

Dem Ships!

Gonna miss the squad...
pab1994Mar 25, 2016 11:50 AM
Mar 25, 2016 11:50 AM

Apr 2013
So let me get this straight... Apparently this season didn't end the series... but the way they ended episode 24 definitely feels like they won't have a second season... (this being a continuation of the first season). Is it possible to expect them to end this in OVA, a second season, or nothing at all after this... I can't read their WN, or LN because they are so behind. Though skythewood translations are being released at a very quick speed.

Mar 25, 2016 11:53 AM

Mar 2015
While i enjoyed this cour way more than the first, with a better pacing, the production in the first cour is way better, more stable, so i will stay with the same score.

The staff pretty much ended all in this episode, so i think second season is improbable
8/10.
Mar 25, 2016 11:55 AM
Jun 2013
Stark700 said:

To see Pina “laugh” made me like her more. I was almost worried what Zorzal planned to use that Giant Orc for; loved how Rory said “I’m make you feel good,” which I hope she won’t say such a thing to Itami in a “yandere fashion.”

It was enjoyable to see Zorzal’s shocked expression in two episodes in a row; especially when they demonstrated modern sniping. Recalled episode 7 he was like “Bring it on Japan.” Now he is cowering in fear as Itami said “We can kill you any time.” And seriously, the JSDF had superior firepower and Rory, who would become a deity in 60 years, it makes one wonder what made Zorzal think he stood a chance.

OrangeJP said:

Rory is still the best girl and Itami still has his priorities set

I want a season 3

Poor Kuribayashi, no ship for her, she will become a Christmas Cake at this rate.

Seriously, Itami should have had his priorities in a better direction. As much as anyone loves anime and manga, seeing Pina’s coronation is a onetime thing only. Somewhat Karma that he was taken away by the “police,” but I do hope he can get some “fine art” for Pina to enjoy. Seriously loved Risa's shocked face; "What did you do this time?!" Well, to see your ex in a police car, you can imagine she misunderstood that Itami got arrested.

Kurokawa “Trust in the SDF.”
Only in this anime you would. Unless the government does any secret inhuman experimentation, we know not to trust the SDF; though I wouldn’t mind if Hardy’s Apostle, Gisselle, is being studied for the sake of discovering the secret to eternal youth/immortality. BTW, ErinJA, thanks again for the info in episode 11 discussion, it was good to learn.

A prediction that may occur next season; we have modern military, fantasy creatures, now all that is left is

I want to see Furuta and Tyuule elope soon. T_T One ship that must occur.

I do hope Prime Minister Morita gets replaced. That Prime Minister was so paranoid that Japan would be pressured for others to tell him “Just go conquer the Empire and put an end to the war.” He never realized that that Pina, Japan’s ally, can just rebuild the Empire once she takes in charge; it’s really just a matter of replacing the head. I want to see Tarō Kanō get a big promotion soon; Itami’s friend deserves some benefits.

On the side note, where is Diabo? Pina’s brother is missing the good stuff. Notably, because she wasn’t as ambitious as her siblings, I am a little shocked Pina willingly becomes the Empire’s future Empress, I was expecting her to become a Hikikomori, at least for a few days.
greed2Mar 25, 2016 4:33 PM
Mar 25, 2016 11:56 AM

Jun 2013
pab1994 said:
OrangeJP said:

Dem Ships!

Gonna miss the squad...

Deliah and Yangida? Well, from enemies that tried to kill each other to lovers? Romeo and Julia anyone?
Yeah...Me too... well maybe there will be seaon 3 in next Year or Year after that who knows...

WAIT!?!?!?!?!?!? O___O I KNEW THAT BOZES and HIM WERE DATING....BUT PREGNANT!!!!??!??!! What is TAKING THOSE MANGAKAS SO LONG TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!! I WANT SEE THIS IN MANGA!!!!!

And Wait....Didn't that 2nd Pairing's JSDF Soldier was married already?

JarjaxleMar 25, 2016 12:39 PM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Mar 25, 2016 11:58 AM

Mar 2014
Wasn't as good as the first season but still pretty nice continuation.
The old OP at the end. ;_;
Want more.
Mar 25, 2016 12:01 PM

Jun 2013
htsuji said:
Zolzal and some part of the army went away somewhere.
And then, the Emperor's official and public statement: "Pina Colada. From now on, you inherit the entire governmental matters or business."

There are two governments in the empire... with a possibility of a civil war, which is telling us the case is not closed, yet.

Sorry..not possibility....Sure as hell CIVIL WAR...Zorzal will not Bow or give up the Power he has gotten

Mar 25, 2016 12:03 PM

Mar 2012
ZingFreelancer said:

Yeah..i felt the same... there is still mroe content left to adapt they can't just end it here..i want at least another cour to wrap everything up...i hope to god A-1 does another one sooner rather than later.

Huh but aside from that..it has been a great ride... this has become one of my fav anime ever... i can't wait to buy it for home video when it gets here...in the mean time i hope for content.

Still there is the Light novels..if they ever get fking translated and the auhtor is planning on a sequal series to GATE in the future so there is still more content left explore :D ... its been a blast 9/10. HAHA

Those Ships..Damn...Everybody got some action in the show..except kurabayashi she justt has the Christmas cake :P
Mar 25, 2016 12:05 PM

Jan 2012
Glad to see them easily rescue Pina and make her the future Queen. Plus the end was fittingly humorous. That aside I can't help but feel disappointed with this second half. I figured with best girl Yao it'd surpass the first half in quality, and things looked good early on but...then we got that garbage plot point of Itami only taking on the fire dragon for Tuka's dumbass daddy issues effectively ignoring Yao and her people. I never forgave him after that and it soured the remaining show for me so a disappointed 6/10 is all I can give.
Mar 25, 2016 12:08 PM

Apr 2011
Im sad to say that Fridays wont be the same without #GATE. This 2nd season was almost as good as the first. 3rd season of the CW. 9.5/10

ships were amazing as well, Itami still needs to smash Rorys pussy, and i need to see bunny bitch, and prince slaughtered

I pray it gets a 3rd season of the Civil War
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Mar 25, 2016 12:10 PM

Sep 2013
Well that concludes the second season.

It didn't really feel like there's a climax it just kinda end. All those pairings in the end, Im kinda doubtful if they are already confirmed in the manga or in the LN because the anime kinda just squeezed those in to give a feeling of romantic conclusion. Someone needs to confirmed that for me. The blonde knight is already pregnant wtf? and Sugiwara-sama is a confirmed lolicon. As for my ship, I ship Itami with either Piña or Kurokawa. Even though Kurokawa barely has screen time.

I actually really like this series. I hope they make a third season because there's no chance Im reading the manga. The manga is just too edgy for me.

Im waiting for Zolzal to die.

AsianKungFuMar 25, 2016 12:26 PM
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Mar 25, 2016 12:11 PM

May 2014
I really enjoyed this anime, One of the best anime of the year
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2016 12:15 PM

Sep 2011
Well, that's some underwhelming ending episode. Still, I love the whole series. Fuck, I want more.

Mar 25, 2016 12:16 PM

Jul 2015
That was nice to see all the new couples, Gate was a good anime, 7/10

I don't know if third season if possible right now, i mean is there enough material from the novels ?
Mar 25, 2016 12:17 PM

Jan 2014
ANIME OF THE MOTHER FUCKING SEASON BOYS. THAT ENDING WAS AMAZING.

I like the ships at the end :3

8/10 anime, one hell of a ride.

PLEASE WE NEED A SEASON 3 OF THIS
Mar 25, 2016 12:18 PM

Sep 2011
RayAdha said:

Hope Itami would either choose Kuribayashi as lover or go back to his ex-wife, they're both the best choices.

I agree on Kuribayashi.

Though of course, Itami's romance with someone won't occur because of the trio.

Mar 25, 2016 12:20 PM

Jul 2013
A pretty solid ending. It felt a bit anti-climatic with Zolzal and Tyuule surviving but I guess it makes logical sense to not go that far in a political POV.

The ending where they showed all those shippings felt like a parody of those slice of life highschool where there's that one couple in the class announces they're getting married after graduation or something.
Mar 25, 2016 12:28 PM
Nov 2015
Probably my favorite anime this season, really enjoyed it.
Mar 25, 2016 12:28 PM

Sep 2014
All Itami wanted were his doujins. ;__;

The sun is a deadly laser
Mar 25, 2016 12:31 PM

Mar 2016
A satisfying ending ! Damn bozes is pregnant ! Lol 8/10
Mar 25, 2016 12:32 PM
Feb 2008
... Why did Bunny let the Emperor live again?
Mar 25, 2016 12:36 PM

Jul 2013
Well, Itami ans his crew rekt Zorzal again and saves Piña and the emperor and everyones lives happy for the moment. That reminds me of how much I missed Itami's men this season, they barely have screen time until the last episodes.

Those ships though, I was really surprised when I saw Yanagida and Delilah together and when Bozes said she was pregnant.

Poor Itami, he only wanted his doujinshis :(

I hope for a third season, but the ending seems really conclusive to me... What a pity. 8/10, like the first season.

Also, Tyuule survived. That's great. Evil bitches are always the best ^_^
Mar 25, 2016 12:36 PM
Sep 2014
RayAdha said:

I completely agree with you, especially on Kuribayashi. I was actually excited when she finally had some exposure again on the final episode.

Well, viewers and fans are always free to hope. That's why we have ships.
Mar 25, 2016 12:37 PM

Nov 2009
A show with a pretty great first season that devolved into otaku pandering.

I like non-human girls a lot. But I don't want to take away from the story.

All the main girls pandering to Itami like he's hot shit, just gets old so fast.

The first season made me have huge hopes for this series. I was invested, interested, and wanted more.

Having finished the second season, I wish the more wasn't crap.

So what do I think of the second half of Gate? It played safe and by the numbers, making sure to pander to fanservice to get sales. Such a let down, even if I really liked a lot of the characters.
Houseki No Kuni, aka The Land of the Lustrous. Best of 2017.
Mar 25, 2016 12:38 PM

Nov 2015
well, i'll go ahead and delete friday from the calendar now, it has become an unnecessary day now
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2016

136 by Jagermeister-kun »»
Mar 25, 3:18 AM

» Season 3? ( 1 2 )

AshAkinola - Mar 25, 2016

56 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Jan 18, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2016

231 by Estefan »»
Jan 17, 7:42 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

190 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 6, 2023 6:34 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2016

159 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 6, 2023 5:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.