Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 25, 2016 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This final battle/conflict between Aoto with others and the enemies felt...VERY lacking.

Meanwhile, the show even in the finale makes Loki look like a boss. I never really understood his character. Looks like Akane and the others succeeded in conquering their obstacles. Loki and Arthur still has the strangest relationship s ever. Glad to see the show is over, just awful from start to finish.

Stark700Mar 25, 2016 8:14 AM
Mar 25, 2016 8:12 AM

Jan 2016
so it looks like it will get season 2?
that was so bad,omg,I didn't know what was going on in 80% if this anime
Mar 25, 2016 8:22 AM

Jan 2013
10/10 season 2 when ? (no sarcasm)
Mar 25, 2016 8:26 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Too bad comedy of the season is over...
I laughed too much at the second half XD

2/5
Mar 25, 2016 8:45 AM

Sep 2015
Woooow that. was. so. exciting !
Wtf this end, are they really going to make a sequel to this season ...?
Mar 25, 2016 8:49 AM

Jun 2012
If this terrible show gets a second season I will castrate myself.
Mar 25, 2016 8:56 AM

Oct 2014
HAHAHAHAHAA
Wait a second I am trying to gather my thoughts.

ok. I didn't get anything. ( ͡°; ͜ʖ ͡;°)🔫
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mar 25, 2016 8:57 AM

Sep 2014
That was bad... Bad...

I don't even have the words to describe how horrible it was. It was just bad...
The sun is a deadly laser
Mar 25, 2016 9:09 AM

Apr 2015
Feeling conflicted. The ending wasn't really eventful; I guess the triumph was nice itself. I initially had sort of an interest in the characters and the background in this show as well, but it quickly went downhill from there. Pity the execution wasn't great. 5/10
Mar 25, 2016 9:12 AM

May 2014
Simply horrible. I will give it 3/10 because OP was quite good, but that is the only reason.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2016 9:23 AM

Sep 2014
Thank god this series is finally over.
Mar 25, 2016 9:32 AM

Dec 2014
GoldenDevilGamer said:

2/5

LOL, So I wasn't the only one laughing at this XD

The part where they rejected the Divine Gate is actually the only thing worth mentioning, There was a little sense in it. Everything else was just a bunch of random disconnected elements meshed in together to tell a so called story.

Everyone survived due to some Deus ex Machina element, Not that I care for it.

Simply put this was probably the biggest Train wreck of the season, From the plot to the characters to fights, Everything was just an atrocity. I could only laugh at the show making a mess of itself.
4/10 , Points for ......
Mar 25, 2016 9:35 AM
Jul 2018
Goku said:
Thank god this series is finally over.

There's rumors about season 2. XD

The anime was ok I quite like it but then come the last ep. This last ep. Ep. 12. So where the hell is the writer for this anime. I'm gonna blow his head up to see what kind of garbage was stored inside the head of the writer.
Mar 25, 2016 9:37 AM

Jan 2015
Arthur looks like a real boss after he stands up. All thanks to "Santa Clause" and how Loki define "Everlasting Peace".
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 25, 2016 9:38 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That was a different kind of of ending than what I was expecting lol

Either way, I really liked seeing the trio decide on what they want to do and it was great seeing those gods get owned

6/10 and I'm guessing this is getting a S2?
Mar 25, 2016 9:46 AM

Oct 2012
That ending seriously... It literally gave me a feeling that there's a chance for second season and I actually hope so there will be such a thing in the future.

Like, what happened to Santa? Did he die or what, because Lancelot and others somehow survived? And what happened to Arthur? Also I thought there would have been some kind of big fight coming up but instead it was a lot of deep thoughts and talk (not a bad thing at all). And I wanted to see my king get back on his throne and see Aoto enjoying a warm meal with Ariton ;;___;; My feels. Gotta buy some merch and hope that we get continuation, because it can't end like this.
Mar 25, 2016 9:57 AM

Jul 2015
Had a really hard time finishing this, i give this anime a 2/10
Mar 25, 2016 10:07 AM

Jun 2014
Judging by how this ended, it looks like there might be a chance at a second season. If that's seriously the case, then I won't even know what to think because this was just awful, from beginning to end. Things stopped making sense, the story became more and more uninteresting, I didn't care for any of the characters, and you just gotta love how some "dead" characters were just brought back to life for some BS reason. It's also rather anticlimactic that they go through all this trouble to reach the Divine Gate........and then turn the fuck around when they get there. Not to mention this whole anime tried so hard to be deep, philosophical, and thought-provoking, but failed immensely and only came off as unintentionally comedic and edgy (I don't like using these buzzwords that MAL throws around, but this really was edgy as fuck). Well at least the OP was catchy and probably the only thing I liked from this anime, but that alone can't save it from a 3/10.
thebrentinator24Mar 25, 2016 10:16 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 25, 2016 10:21 AM

Jul 2013
What the fuck was that ending? I mean, the plot of the Divine Gate has been resolved and the norse gods were defeated, but the quantity of plot points they have left unfinished is insane, and they still didn't even responded questions like:

-Did Santa survive like the Fodder Knights or he died by that attack of Arthur?
-What happened with Arthur and Loki when Arthur destroys that tower?
-What the fuck happened with Aoto's brother and the guy who was in love with him of the 4th episode? And with the robot girl Aoto defeated in that episode?
-What was the power who saved the Fodder Knights?
-What importance have the guys who take with them Ginji's friend?
-Who was the girl of the ending?

I didn't believe I'm going to say that, but the series needs a second season to explain all those things or the quantity of plot holes and plot points unresolved will made this even worse.

3/10. And I'm being generous.
Mar 25, 2016 10:28 AM

Aug 2013
That was so lackluster. Watching the first episode, I thought it was going to be worth something but damn, this went downhill real quick. But then again, wasn't this show a video game adaptation? Yeah 12 episodes obviously wasn't enough. Let's not give this show a second season.
Don't believe the hype.
Mar 25, 2016 10:34 AM
Mar 2008
This Anime as it stands.................what was the point of it at all?
Showing a plot that the producers (so it seems) dont even get? Showing melodrama that wasnt eraned at all? Showing characters that are either boring or useless as hell?
24 Epsiodes could have MAYBE helped, at least to clear the actual plot that was confusing as whatever AND the characters would MAYBE be more interesting instead of useless (95% of them).
If this gets a second season, then i am not even wasting my time on this crap. But that money could be used for some other way better projects rather than this mount of randomness. I think in this case season 2 wouldnt help at all. Season 2 was already confusing and random, what makes anybody think that season 2 will help clear plot points from season 1? Most likely it will make it worse.
In the first episodes, i saw potential for something interesting but in the end it was even worse than Prince of Stride. Holy hell......
Mar 25, 2016 10:34 AM

Jun 2008
At first, I enjoyed this show in a "so bad that it's funny" kind of way but then it got boring and I still don't know WTF this show was actually about. It never made any sense.

4/10
Mar 25, 2016 10:35 AM

Jan 2013
Illyricus said:
What the fuck was that ending? I mean, the plot of the Divine Gate has been resolved and the norse gods were defeated, but the quantity of plot points they have left unfinished is insane, and they still didn't even responded questions like:

-Did Santa survive like the Fodder Knights or he died by that attack of Arthur?
-What happened with Arthur and Loki when Arthur destroys that tower?
-What the fuck happened with Aoto's brother and the guy who was in love with him of the 4th episode? And with the robot girl Aoto defeated in that episode?
-What was the power who saved the Fodder Knights?
-What importance have the guys who take with them Ginji's friend?
-Who was the girl of the ending?

I didn't believe I'm going to say that, but the series needs a second season to explain all those things or the quantity of plot holes and plot points unresolved will made this even worse.

3/10. And I'm being generous.

the only answer we know is that aotos brother went to that sunny girl that might actually be evil
edit:no that girl is not the sunny girl but a new character
Mar 25, 2016 10:43 AM

Jan 2012
So they decide not to use the Divine Gate and will save Arthur later. Right. Well a fittingly anticlimactic ending for the asinine waste of time that was the Winter season's worst show pretty easily. 4/10
Mar 25, 2016 10:47 AM

Feb 2014
oh my god. It's been a while since I've watched an airing show this bad, I think the last time was Glasslip. This show was just literally insulting.
-The CG was god awful
-The action was horrible
-plot holes up the ass. Literally explains nothing.
-Opens up plot lines and forgets about them
-WHY WOULD THEY LEAVE THAT BROTHER SITUATION LIKE THAT? WHAT?
-The characters were beyond ass
-This show tried too hard to be edgy
-THE SHOW EVEN FAILED AT BEING EDGY.
-ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT NO ONE DIED WHAT
-Way too many fucking reasons to even list

For what its worth, I got a few laughs out of fucking stupid this whole show was but for the most part it was just frustrating to watch. 3/10 and honestly I don't know how anyone can rate it much higher than that lol

BurtCadMar 25, 2016 11:05 AM
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Mar 25, 2016 10:59 AM

Sep 2015
If not for the nice art, this would have been the 3rd 1/10 rating I've given to a regular length anime. I don't think I've ever seen such an incoherent mess before.

The ending was just lol. Decided not to make a wish in the end, and all the people who died are just randomly alive again just because?

Feel like I've been trolled.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Mar 25, 2016 11:04 AM

Jan 2016
Maikeru-kun136 said:

Same... At first it was confusing and now that it ended, I'm even more confused.
Mar 25, 2016 11:19 AM

Jun 2013
thank god this crap is finally over
Mar 25, 2016 11:30 AM
Jul 2018
I give this a 5/10 and i think i'm being generous honestly.
I have no idea if it's because I'm just stupid but I literally didn't understand half of the "plot" and I couldn't get attached to any of the characters and the ending was just... terrible...nothing happened and everyone just magically came back to life??? boy I sure love when this happens..........

Tbh if there's going to be a season 2 I'm really not going to watch it. Bye Divine Gate.
Mar 25, 2016 11:31 AM

Apr 2015
I guess this was ultimately a psychological piece, showing how people can get over their past trauma without divine intervention. But the way they went about the story was terrible. Seriously, this is the worst show I've seen in a long time. The worst part is, it had good potential, but ended up a mess full of cliches. And everyone was okay with the bad guy winning?
Mar 25, 2016 11:42 AM

Jan 2014
Well fuck me in the asshole seven hundred and eighty eight times! Divine Gate has come to a close!

All that's left now is Luck & Logic and God Eater!

3/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2016 12:05 PM

Aug 2015
geez, this felt like watching Guilty Crown or Tokyo Ghoul all over again - story was such a mess. 4/10
Mar 25, 2016 12:08 PM

Apr 2014
I feel like I got trolled really bad.
Mar 25, 2016 12:29 PM

Jan 2016
NeonStarrzzify said:
Maikeru-kun136 said:

Same... At first it was confusing and now that it ended, I'm even more confused.

till the episode where every knight "died" it was ok,but after it it got REALLY bad lol I kind of wanted everyone to die at the end tbh lol And it was a really weird ending,like this show isn't still completed
Mar 25, 2016 12:32 PM

Jan 2013
GoldenDevilGamer said:

^^^

Also...
This is Santa Claus:

Not the bishounen piece of shit this show had.
Mar 25, 2016 12:38 PM

Oct 2011
OMG A season 2 just like Concrete Revolution.

Hope they resolve these things from past episodes in S2
Mar 25, 2016 12:46 PM
Sep 2009
Can't decide which show is worse, this or Prince of stride
Mar 25, 2016 12:49 PM

Jul 2015
this show was boring to the point it just made me laugh plus nothing really made sense

lets not forget the melodrama too
Mar 25, 2016 1:03 PM
Mar 2008
qetou said:
Can't decide which show is worse, this or Prince of stride

Prince of Stride at least had a story that made more sense (...........which doesnt mean that it was good at all)
Mar 25, 2016 1:04 PM
Jan 2016
Iou, do not compare this to the Concrete Revolution, per se.
Mar 25, 2016 1:20 PM

Oct 2014
God that was terrible. It was promising at the beginning but it just rocketed to hell by the end.
RainyRai said:

>not appreciating how much of a cunt Asuka is
How disgusting tbh
Mar 25, 2016 2:36 PM

Aug 2014
Dat ending felt....rushed. But oh well, gonna give it a 4/10 because the last few episodes were pretty okay.
Mar 25, 2016 3:04 PM
Apr 2014
Man the VERY SUBTLE PREACHING was very subtle. Would rate 0/5 if allowed.

So subtle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVAhW4ToLFI
Mar 25, 2016 3:27 PM

May 2009
The ending was worse than I expected. I was looking forward to a proper conclusion, but I guess that was too much to ask for. If they really end up making another season, I'm not going to watch it. 2/10 for me because of the opening and Aoto. What else was good about the show? The gate looked nice :D
“Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.”

― Winston S. Churchill
Mar 25, 2016 4:07 PM

Jan 2009
So apparently Divine Gate is based off a game.

Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis is also based off a game.

It was like comparing light and day.
Mar 25, 2016 4:07 PM
Aug 2014
Zarconeus238 said:
That was so lackluster. Watching the first episode, I thought it was going to be worth something but damn, this went downhill real quick. But then again, wasn't this show a video game adaptation? Yeah 12 episodes obviously wasn't enough. Let's not give this show a second season.

Yes, a trading cards smartphone game...
Mar 25, 2016 4:15 PM

May 2009
What a load of shit. Especially that Deus ex machina at the end.
Mar 25, 2016 4:15 PM

Jul 2015
Short summary:

-Santa is still OP
-The cake is still a lie
-Loki remains a douche every role he gets in any movie/anime/whatever
The plot that was blown up a while ago is now grounded even further, and the remaining bricks have been stolen
-Resurrecting in Skyrim is harder than in Divine Gate; suddenly, no one died
-Inserted music sounds like a boss battle from some RPG I played long ago
-Wtf is this?

Still sad because end /5

Mar 25, 2016 4:41 PM

Dec 2009
I actually thought this was 13 episodes because of how this episode went lol

I can't even imagine this getting a second season unless it somehow sells well in Japan. Their opinions are so different than ours but it would still shock me if they praise this anime
Mar 25, 2016 4:57 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Congratulation Divine Gate, you're one of the rare anime that i'm actually giving a 2/10 to it.

Fuck this pretentious pile of shit.
I fucking hope it doesnt get a second season.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Divine Gate Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

50 by Jonas-K »»
Mar 28, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Divine Gate Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2016

134 by Jonas-K »»
Mar 27, 2:50 PM

» End of Franchise

klakson188 - Nov 24, 2021

6 by HikarieChan »»
Dec 20, 2023 10:11 AM

» Didn't hate nor did I really like it

lola_ - Oct 21, 2021

3 by Br3dWinn3rs »»
Jul 1, 2022 10:14 PM

Poll: » Divine Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2016

212 by Stars-Soul »»
Mar 18, 2022 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.