Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 7, 2017 11:58 PM

Sep 2017
Illyricus said:
I actually didn't care about the romance in the series at all. I only want salt. I had the salt, so I'm satisfied now :)

P.S: Obligatory:

Yo that shit is hilarious af lmao
Sep 17, 2017 12:21 PM
Jun 2015
Fai said:
-ShadowClaw- said:

Like i said the writing in this would remove some of its credit such as from going to an 10/10 to a 9 0r 8/10 but to a 1 or 2/10// you have to admit some people are taking it a bit to far?

I am not just talking about this show..but a lot of people rate down shows with no real good reason and MAL really needs to fix its rating system.

Barely any shows are worth 10/10 in the first place. This was never a show worth that much.

Its no Cowboy Bebop. Its no Tatami Galaxy. Its no Utena, Mushishi or even steins;gate.
Erased was never going to be something that shapes anime medium. It didnot have narrative strong or unique enough for that.

At best it could have been 8/10 if it did EVERYTHING perfectly(which meant absolutely no inclusion of stupid murder plot and actual exploration of how time travel affects lives and MC's perspective onlife changing, etc).

Since that is not happening, deducting the points is okay, yes? So even with the murder mystery and all the nonsense if the overall Narrative structure was ok it could still be 7/10 if it was pretty enough and directed well enough.
Except that direction was bad and art style and quality were badand the show was blunt, unsubtle anvilicious and poorly paced and directed.

SO Okay, even if that is the case, if the story does not shit itself it could STILL be 6/10 making it about average when compared to everything else ever produced. OH WAIT. Chocolate Bars. Convenient character stupidity.

That already leaves it at 5/10 the most so range between 3-5 seems about fair depending on how much the totally nonsensical writing and pacing offends one.

I do agree that it is not 1/10 or 2/10 tho.

Holy hell, this is taking "talking outta your ass" to a whole another level.
This show is literally one of the very best in terms of animation and art atleast and that is objective, not even subjective.
I liked it a bit more than Steins;Gate which was full of plot holes.
Sep 20, 2017 1:39 PM
Apr 2017
At first, i actually shipped kayo x satoru. Because she did hog all the time and we saw how the MC saved her. But other than that, i didn't see any "romance" development from the two. Yes there are some, but most of what the MC thinks id for his mom. And to change the future of kayo dying.

But later on, i realized that airi is the one doing all the saving and this and that. She helped the MC escape the police and even believed in him when no one even did (except for the guy who's working with his mom). After that, she also gave courage to the guy and cried at the end because of her saying that she can't do anything to save him.

Overall, I'm satisfied with it. If airi hogged all the time then there will be no kayo x satoru.

My score is 9/10 because airi didn't get much time in the present timeline. It sucks that they've only met. But i guess it creates new memories for them. The guy still remembers everything though.
Sep 28, 2017 1:24 PM
Jul 2016
I was like all the momment & the story its so touch deep in my heart EVERYTHING WAS GREAT and This Anime ALMOST BECAME THE GREATEST ANIME I HAVE WATCH !!! but.....WTF Damn i fell so angry and really mad when at last part WHY Kayo not married Satoru..... i really hate that part it feel like your BEST FRIEND BETRAYED YOU and it feel hurt, WTF when you has gave EVERYTHING to make ALL GOOD THINGS BUT YOU LOST EVERYTHING.... damn i hope them will change the last story!!! at RECAP!!!!!!! 😬😠😬😠

Even if Airi will became Satoru girl... its not fine.... she has only a little scene at first and it makes something lost 😑😑😑
Sep 30, 2017 3:06 PM
Jul 2016
Well idk why but i just feel the ending was un right😥 how can someone who has fix everything into a good thing get a suck destiny 😭 and a girl that he like is married he's best friend 😭 i just can't to accepting that😞 even at scene when he meet Kayo with a baby its feel hurt to him too ,so how can the studio make a great anime with a suck end, even if airi was nice... but hello... her scene is to small 😖 so its feel wrong....
Sep 30, 2017 5:00 PM
Jan 2017

This is the story that people are most annoyed with. Animation has invested a lot of time in Kayo. Nevertheless, they did not convince people of the story.

Once in the original, there is an episode about Kayo choosing to parting. It is very sad and touching. But in the animation, the episode was completely deleted. As a result, people do not understand her behavior. People imagine that "Kayo likes another man, So leaves Satoru." This is an awesome 'misunderstanding' and I am so sorry for this. image : http://imgur.com/a/VwalI

And from the Satoru, I will explain the meaning of her marriage. In many stories, the prince rescues the princess and marries the princess. But here, MC is not a prince but a 'hero'. There is much emphasis on the original 'to protect others without compensation'. It also already exists message that his feelings are not "romantic feelings".

Even though the girl he saved was very cute, Even if he helped her and fell into a coma for 15 years, Even though she married another man, He has a great joy and happily smiles when he sees her married. He is so happy to shed tears. image : http://imgur.com/a/Wi0p8

Because, it is the only thing Satoru wanted. Her happiness. Satoru is determined to take his life for it.

This is one of the themes of this series. This story makes me think once again about the meaning of helping others. Why does people help others? Is it for receive compensation? (Attaching story of Yashiro about this. Human 's life is to fill his own flaws.)

The original work expressed my explanation fully. (It deals deeper than my explanation.) However, I think animation lacks explanation.
aksmfakt132Sep 30, 2017 5:11 PM
Sep 30, 2017 6:05 PM
Jul 2016
Hmm thanks for your Explanation... now i get that... Satoru was a stupid and if don't want to make romance story why the studio make an Romantic Childhood betwen them🙍 why don't just make a normal friendship so the people who watch cannot imagine and hope the romantic end...😑
Sep 30, 2017 6:59 PM
Jan 2017
azhari_firdaus said:
Hmm thanks for your Explanation... now i get that... Satoru was a stupid and if don't want to make romance story why the studio make an Romantic Childhood betwen them🙍 why don't just make a normal friendship so the people who watch cannot imagine and hope the romantic end...😑

First of all, the original manga differ from animation.
There is more variety and different forms of expression in animation.
For example, a scene where Kayo is washing in the bathroom. In that scene, Satoru is ashamed. This scene does not exist in the original.
I recommend the original. The original is much better than animation.

And why did need romance?
The reason is simple. I say to Satoru: 'Even though you missed the opportunity to earn $ 90 billion, you are delighted! You really wanted just children's happiness! ' This is a ridiculous story. Because, there was no opportunity to get $ 90 billion. To emphasize it, $ 90 billion should have appeared in the story.

It is the same. In this situation, If his purpose was for his own desire(for his love), he would have been unhappy. But he is not trying to greed.
because Satoru is happy in that situation, it can be seen that Satoru hopes that only Kayo's happiness.

The motive of his good works is 'to fill defects in the minds of himself and others'
aksmfakt132Sep 30, 2017 7:04 PM
Sep 30, 2017 7:21 PM
Jan 2017
azhari_firdaus said:

It also has important implications for Kayo.
Satoru saved Kayo. And Kayo also liked Satoru.
In this situation, what should Kayo choose?
She liked Satoru, so she wanted to stay near him.
The artist says through several scenes (It does not appear in animation.).
He says that A person who has been helped should not think of it simply as his fault.
First of all, the owner of the life of the person who helped is the him not other,
It is arrogant that others take responsibility.
Also, if you think about the person who helped you, We have to think about what the real purpose of that help was
What Satoru wanted here is not 'she waiting for him for 15 years'. He does not want her to be a loner anymore. He hope she gets a happy family (she grew up in an unhappy family).

That's why she chooses to part.
Oct 1, 2017 9:35 AM
Jul 2016
Well i can say anything more 😁 thanks for all your explain now i think i will read the manga...😅 but i have one question🙋 so why them make a Recap? What is that for?
Oct 1, 2017 9:45 AM
Jan 2017
azhari_firdaus said:
Well i can say anything more 😁 thanks for all your explain now i think i will read the manga...😅 but i have one question🙋 so why them make a Recap? What is that for?

What is Recap? who is 'them'?

Your words mean 'Someone repeats the point'
Is that right?

What point do you say? Who is repeating what?
Explain it in other words.
aksmfakt132Oct 1, 2017 9:56 AM
Oct 1, 2017 9:52 AM
Jan 2017
azhari_firdaus said:

Once you read the manga, you need to know one
As far as I know is,
It consists of 'boku dake ga inai machi' and 'boku dake ga inai machi Gaiden'.
But in fact, they are all in the same series. You have to read it all.
Oct 1, 2017 11:06 AM
Jul 2016
Like i say Them (Studios) & Recap as you can see at this link: https://myanimelist.net/anime/35815/Boku_dake_ga_Inai_Machi_Recap
Oct 1, 2017 6:46 PM
Jan 2017
azhari_firdaus said:
Like i say Them (Studios) & Recap as you can see at this link: https://myanimelist.net/anime/35815/Boku_dake_ga_Inai_Machi_Recap

ERASED 1-6 Digest

It seems to be a digest.
It is not important at all.
Nov 3, 2017 10:03 PM
Mar 2016
I understand ( I did ship them thinking they were cute and was disappointed). I can't speak for everyone but I think the reason I wanted to be together and was unset when they didn't end up together was mainly because:
1) They had alot of romantic moments together (I mean if she wasn't a romantic interest then don't treat her like one- IT WAS A TRAP, A CUTE ADORABLE TRAP I FELL FOR)
2) Disappointed with who she ended up with. I mean the guy she ended up with really didn't even have any screen time with her in the show! Didn't show any subtle clues or anything!
3) Who she ended up with..was his friend! ( I mean come on! Even the other friend the main guy had said "Don't worry I wouldn't do that to you" then here some his OTHER FRIEND comes)- I would have accepted it more if she had just meet someone knew who didn't have any ties with anyone trying to start fresh.
These are the reasons I personally wasn't not satisfied with them not ending up together and who she ended up with.
Nov 3, 2017 10:30 PM

Oct 2017
I think you’re mistaking his compassion/nurture and her amae for mutual romantic interest. Which is what his friends mistook this for, because they did not have the information that the dude was like 30 and in a timejump. If you were a 30 year old man and you know a little girl is being beating and about to die, wouldn’t you hug them? I would. That’s some sad shit.

She is damaged good though. Have to have some kind of mental problems after all that. I’d prefer the younger delivery girl, which I presume is the one he was meant to end up with anyway.
Nov 3, 2017 10:50 PM
Jan 2017

Compared to the original, animation is difficult to understand.
I will argue against your opinion.

1. She is cute. Satoru is embarrassed to her. That is important.
People think. Because she's cute, Satoru would want to marry her.
Besides, he saved her. He's qualified.

But she marries someone else. What does Satoru think about it?
He does not grieve or blame her. Rather, he is so happy that he weeps.

What does this mean? This clearly explains what Satoru wanted. Although she was cute, even though he saved her, he never greedily grew romance with her. He only protected her for her happiness.

He is a hero. The reward for his efforts is never "romance".
The only thing happiness is that she is happy. it is hero.
When the woman he saved got married to another man,
Is the person who blames it the hero you think?

This is not emphasized if she is not cute.

2. Why did she leave him?
It is explained in the original. It is not 'romance with other'.
What if she married the "second favorite man"?

People will think 'Hiromi is the second she liked'
'So she chose romance with Hiromi , so she left Satoru'
This is not right. She never left Satoru because of romance.
The reason she left is a sad story and a growth story.

3. Why is it Hiromi?
Satoru and Kenya wanted to save Kayo. Their hope was that.
That's why they do not marry Kayo. It is not their hope.
Helping others is not for marriage.

What was the hope of Hiromi and Kayo
Hiromi spent time alone at home. Kayo has not happy family. They were lonely.
Because they married each other, it means that the victims, were no longer lonely.( it is Satoru wanted)
aksmfakt132Nov 3, 2017 11:14 PM
Nov 4, 2017 9:48 AM
Mar 2016
aksmfakt132 said:

Compared to the original, animation is difficult to understand.
I will argue against your opinion.

1. She is cute. Satoru is embarrassed to her. That is important.
People think. Because she's cute, Satoru would want to marry her.
Besides, he saved her. He's qualified.

But she marries someone else. What does Satoru think about it?
He does not grieve or blame her. Rather, he is so happy that he weeps.

What does this mean? This clearly explains what Satoru wanted. Although she was cute, even though he saved her, he never greedily grew romance with her. He only protected her for her happiness.

He is a hero. The reward for his efforts is never "romance".
The only thing happiness is that she is happy. it is hero.
When the woman he saved got married to another man,
Is the person who blames it the hero you think?

This is not emphasized if she is not cute.

2. Why did she leave him?
It is explained in the original. It is not 'romance with other'.
What if she married the "second favorite man"?

People will think 'Hiromi is the second she liked'
'So she chose romance with Hiromi , so she left Satoru'
This is not right. She never left Satoru because of romance.
The reason she left is a sad story and a growth story.

3. Why is it Hiromi?
Satoru and Kenya wanted to save Kayo. Their hope was that.
That's why they do not marry Kayo. It is not their hope.
Helping others is not for marriage.

What was the hope of Hiromi and Kayo
Hiromi spent time alone at home. Kayo has not happy family. They were lonely.
Because they married each other, it means that the victims, were no longer lonely.( it is Satoru wanted)

Ok from what I am understanding the manga is different from the anime..(I have only watched the anime so far so forgive me if what I am saying is different)
1. Alright from off the bat I not saying she should be a reward for him to win for 'saving the princess' type thing. I mean as you stated his whole goal WASN'T to romance her but to save her. The problem I have with this then....why have the romantic undertone in the first place? (And you can't say that their aren't a number of romantic undertones..from him calling her 'pretty' and the Christmas tree scene.) If they aren't even meant to be together then why create these moments and chemistry together- the studio could have handled it as a more sister like, or platonic way.

2. I will give you after 15 years I can understand why she left him (even thought the killer waited 15 years- no hard feelings for that)

3. For this I see your point but again...it is important to put CONTEXT as to why they ended up together. I understand they were lonely but that doesn't mean that Kayo and Hiromi were compatible- I mean we don't get any indication they even cared about eachother. At least show the two that end up together as becoming friends, or heck even Hiromi having a crush on Kayo- with Hiromi getting jealous with how close Kayo and Satoru are becoming *BOOM* character/relationship development and context as to the relationship. I mean to be honest when she came with the baby I though that the father was Kanya.
NiniAlexNov 4, 2017 9:52 AM
Nov 4, 2017 11:16 AM
Jan 2017

You repeat the story I did.

1. Let's take an example.
You look at Satoru 15 years later, 'Oh my god. He did not want any romance at all, only he saved him for the happiness of Hiromi! ' Can you say?
Of course it was not wrong at all. But it is natural that Satoru does not want romance to Hiromi.
It's like saying, "Satoru did not want $ 1 billion in money, he save the kids."
This is a ridiculous story. The money of $ 1 billion does not exist from this story.
In other words, if the 'reward' does not exist, it can not be emphasized that he did not want it

This story is not just 'he did not like her'.
It means 'he only hoped for her happiness, even in situations where he can desirous of rewarding enough, even in situations he can blame her'.
https://i.imgur.com/k4Vk4WO.png
And this was anticipated from 18 years ago. There are scenes that anticipate it. What he hopes is happiness, not romance. As an example, he says it is okay if he can save her for a word in Yashiro that she will be leaving. He intended to save her on the premise of separation from the beginning.

2. I can not know what story number 2 is. Tell me again.

I say again. The reason she left Satoru has nothing to do with Hiromi.
(whan a junior high school.)
And her marriage and romance took place after that.

Think about it. If she married Kenya.
People will think like this.
(She and Kenya have been close friends since before, so she had a romance with Kenya in 15 years, and so she left Satoru.)
But as I mentioned earlier, the reason she left him is not because of absolute romance.
Her and Hiromi's romance should never appear before the incident.
aksmfakt132Nov 4, 2017 11:21 AM
Nov 5, 2017 11:52 AM
Mar 2016
aksmfakt132 said:

You repeat the story I did.

1. Let's take an example.
You look at Satoru 15 years later, 'Oh my god. He did not want any romance at all, only he saved him for the happiness of Hiromi! ' Can you say?
Of course it was not wrong at all. But it is natural that Satoru does not want romance to Hiromi.
It's like saying, "Satoru did not want $ 1 billion in money, he save the kids."
This is a ridiculous story. The money of $ 1 billion does not exist from this story.
In other words, if the 'reward' does not exist, it can not be emphasized that he did not want it

This story is not just 'he did not like her'.
It means 'he only hoped for her happiness, even in situations where he can desirous of rewarding enough, even in situations he can blame her'.
https://i.imgur.com/k4Vk4WO.png
And this was anticipated from 18 years ago. There are scenes that anticipate it. What he hopes is happiness, not romance. As an example, he says it is okay if he can save her for a word in Yashiro that she will be leaving. He intended to save her on the premise of separation from the beginning.

2. I can not know what story number 2 is. Tell me again.

I say again. The reason she left Satoru has nothing to do with Hiromi.
(whan a junior high school.)
And her marriage and romance took place after that.

Think about it. If she married Kenya.
People will think like this.
(She and Kenya have been close friends since before, so she had a romance with Kenya in 15 years, and so she left Satoru.)
But as I mentioned earlier, the reason she left him is not because of absolute romance.
Her and Hiromi's romance should never appear before the incident.

Ok I see well lets just agree to disagree....
I mean the only problem I had with is that if there wasn't suppose to end up together then why all the romantic undertones?-just to mess with the views expectations. I also understand that regardless about the romance I though he was just happy she was alive at all from all his hard work.
Although I do strongly disagree with not showing any of the romance between Kayo and Hiromi if she was going to end up with him instead.
It just seems like the anime (could be different in the manga)-it showed this budding romance only to mess with the view as a trap. I mean it didn't necessarily mess up the story for ME personally it was just a little disappointing. I mean the main character is suppose to be viewed as a hero not as a white not to save the princess as he goes saving everyone so I can understand the viewpoint of being okay with him not really ending up with anyone.
Nov 5, 2017 3:12 PM
Jan 2017

Yes. Anime does not show what happened for 15 years.

She becomes a junior high school student and visits Satoru every day. But it was not good for her growing up. Her middle school life was a mess. She was obsessed with Satoru rather than hanging out with people in junior high school. Especially Kenya and Sachiko knew that Satoru's desire was 'to save her rather than romance with her'. (It is mentioned.)
So Kenya advises her, 'We should grow up.' Sachiko leaves a similar word, and leave with Satoru secretly. Kayo goes up to the Christmas tree alone, crying, and accepts the farewell there.

As you can see from this story, she accepted farewell. I think she was no longer alone(not like her previous middle school life), she had made many friends , and had experienced some love. It is a must for growing children. After separation from Satoru, romance with the marriage partner does not immediately appear.

Here, too, Hiromi does not appear.
If Hiromi appeared here, it would have been the occasion for her and her meeting.
But it makes me think that the reason why she chose to parting is because of "Hiromi."
Think about it. If your sister was crying because of the pain of parting, if a nice man had comforted her, and if they were married five years later, you would probably think, 'Five years ago they would have loved each other.'But in fact, they may have forgotten each other and met again two years ago.
But the case of five years ago looks like the beginning of the romance of the two. Besides, this seems to be the reason why she was able to forget the pain of parting because of 'romance with a wonderful man'. The reason Kayo was able to forget the pain of parting is not that. (It is emphasized that she have to grow on her will)
Likewise, if she had had romance with Hiromi since elementary school, it would have looked like the starting point of their romance. And it will feel like "reason of why she accept farewell with satoru". (As if 'she had another man, she gave up Satou easily')

She and Hiromi's romance is not an emotion that has been happening since elementary school. (Because she liked Satoru at the time)
Satoru -> Hiromi. Her love would not have proceeded like this.
Maybe she have had some more love in the meantime.
Perhaps they became adults and had romance.

Unlike anime, it's clear that she has chosen to farewell with Satoru, so it's never awkward for her to have romance with others
aksmfakt132Nov 5, 2017 3:16 PM
Nov 6, 2017 7:49 PM
Mar 2016
I se
aksmfakt132 said:

Yes. Anime does not show what happened for 15 years.

She becomes a junior high school student and visits Satoru every day. But it was not good for her growing up. Her middle school life was a mess. She was obsessed with Satoru rather than hanging out with people in junior high school. Especially Kenya and Sachiko knew that Satoru's desire was 'to save her rather than romance with her'. (It is mentioned.)
So Kenya advises her, 'We should grow up.' Sachiko leaves a similar word, and leave with Satoru secretly. Kayo goes up to the Christmas tree alone, crying, and accepts the farewell there.

As you can see from this story, she accepted farewell. I think she was no longer alone(not like her previous middle school life), she had made many friends , and had experienced some love. It is a must for growing children. After separation from Satoru, romance with the marriage partner does not immediately appear.

Here, too, Hiromi does not appear.
If Hiromi appeared here, it would have been the occasion for her and her meeting.
But it makes me think that the reason why she chose to parting is because of "Hiromi."
Think about it. If your sister was crying because of the pain of parting, if a nice man had comforted her, and if they were married five years later, you would probably think, 'Five years ago they would have loved each other.'But in fact, they may have forgotten each other and met again two years ago.
But the case of five years ago looks like the beginning of the romance of the two. Besides, this seems to be the reason why she was able to forget the pain of parting because of 'romance with a wonderful man'. The reason Kayo was able to forget the pain of parting is not that. (It is emphasized that she have to grow on her will)
Likewise, if she had had romance with Hiromi since elementary school, it would have looked like the starting point of their romance. And it will feel like "reason of why she accept farewell with satoru". (As if 'she had another man, she gave up Satou easily')

She and Hiromi's romance is not an emotion that has been happening since elementary school. (Because she liked Satoru at the time)
Satoru -> Hiromi. Her love would not have proceeded like this.
Maybe she have had some more love in the meantime.
Perhaps they became adults and had romance.

Unlike anime, it's clear that she has chosen to farewell with Satoru, so it's never awkward for her to have romance with others

Humm...i see so it might just be due to a fail on the part of the anime adaptation from the manga. Hopefully I will be more satisfied with the outcome from the manga- although I have a feeling I might still be a little disappointed with who Kyo ended up with lol but I might be more accepting after reading the manga.
ALso looking at your profile..have you just got into anime? if you have I could give you give other recommendations that are like this (and just good anime/manga in general).
Nov 6, 2017 8:09 PM
Jan 2017

I do not use MAL frequently.
I mainly use the community site of my country.
No recommendations are needed. I have already seen many animations, and there are many animations to watch.Thank you for your consideration.
Jan 3, 2018 6:10 AM
Jan 2018
Because the whore got her life saved by him and she thanked him by fking some dude that was destined to die too.
He should have left them to that killer, why care for some people he didnt even know well.
Jan 5, 2018 1:02 PM
Jan 2018
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1400 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1108 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.