Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 24, 2016 12:37 PM

Jan 2016
...Satoru not getting with Hinazuki?

Im genuinely curious. .
Idk why people got pissed about him not getting with Hinazuki. His goal was to SAVE her not ROMANCE her. Whats with the salt.

Also they did my girl Airi dirty.
Cutting out a lot of her scenes and devlopment and then she just shows up outta nowhere..

Mod Edit: Modified title for spoilers.
ShockedMar 24, 2016 1:42 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 24, 2016 12:38 PM

Apr 2015
Because they are filthy and should take a bath.
Mar 24, 2016 12:56 PM

May 2009
Selfinsertfaggotry
Mar 24, 2016 12:56 PM

Jan 2013
Because most wanted their shitty fanfic to happen.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Mar 24, 2016 1:03 PM

May 2015
The shippers wanted their OTP to come true. Much salt ensues.
Mar 24, 2016 1:05 PM
Feb 2011
Because shipping characters in an anime that's not even about romance is an illness.
Mar 24, 2016 1:07 PM

Dec 2015
The hardcore shippers thought them lovey-dovey moments would turn into a relationship.

Lel, they got shat on.
Mar 24, 2016 1:08 PM

Sep 2012
Because shippers are a genuine cancer in the anime community.
Oh god who are you people?
Mar 24, 2016 1:09 PM
Oct 2009
The funny thing is how the "Moe" suckers act like complete douches all around then pretend the other side is "bad". I know, you enjoy non threatening one dimensional genki girls with a paper thin personality you could easily dominate and don't have to be afraid of, many others don't.

chakracat said:

The hilarious thing about this is, ALL of you are shippers except for a different boat. I personaly couldn't care less but the genki lovers are the worst of the crowd on the entire medium, usually they also have a lot of cross overs with the moe basement wellers. It's funny. :D
Mar 24, 2016 1:10 PM

Sep 2014
Is it just me or...
Mar 24, 2016 1:12 PM

Nov 2009
Was prepared for 9/10 if they were boutta do my girl Airi like that, they didn't do her like that 10/10 would watch again :^)
Mar 24, 2016 1:13 PM

Sep 2012
Deleth said:
The funny thing is how the "Moe" suckers act like complete douches all around then pretend the other side is "bad". I know, you enjoy non threatening one dimensional genki girls with a paper thin personality you could easily dominate and don't have to be afraid of, many others don't.

chakracat said:

The hilarious thing about this is, ALL of you are shippers except for a different boat. I personaly couldn't care less but the genki lovers are the worst of the crowd on the entire medium, usually they also have a lot of cross overs with the moe basement wellers. It's funny. :D

I ship myself with the sweet embrace of death.
Oh god who are you people?
Mar 24, 2016 1:13 PM
Sep 2012
The director shipped them not us...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2016 1:14 PM

Aug 2013
I actually don't care. I'd rather ship Satoru and Airi <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2016 1:21 PM
Oct 2009
chakracat said:
I ship myself with the sweet embrace of death.

I don't quite understand shipping myself, I can understand however people being annoyed when you have something "in developement" for quite some time just to ditch it later on seemingly out of nowhere. There'll be people who will get pissed about it, especially if the fallback is some safe and unimportant third row character.

Then again, the show started out great and took a nosedive later on, kinda ditched it halfway through as it became to obvious who the killer was and just came back to see how people react to the end and such.
Mar 24, 2016 1:34 PM

May 2013
People always want the protagonist to get the best girl, but that hardly ever happens. I think they tend to project themselves a bit on the character.
Mar 24, 2016 1:34 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Because they think this was some sort of cheesy romance fanfic, idk

If you let of that of all things be a reason to hate on this show then I just feel sorry for you
Mar 24, 2016 1:36 PM

Mar 2016
I do like them as a couple but they would have been just as fine as friends. It's like a blissful childhood romance isn't it? Those don't always work out. In the end it was more about Satoru and ALL of this friends, Kayo among them, but certainly not the focus. And I think that's fine.
I'm the kinda girl who wouldn't finish this sentence
Mar 24, 2016 1:41 PM

Mar 2012
oh cmon... even is he did not end up in a coma..it is kind of difficult to form a relatshionship with her..i mean he was already of an adult mental age and it was not like they would meet up again all of a sudden in the future and be married as such..even if timeline was changed...the meeting with airi is still alright.

I just hate the fact that this series is losing so much credit due to them not ending up together.. oh cmon people so your fav ship did not sail but you should down rate a whole series just for that. i acn understand losing a point or two cause the murderer was a bit to predicatble but the story when compared to the rest is still very good..fk it..it ended well, it was paced well..the story was great troguhout its run, soundtrack good and goo..almost good writng ..so i give it a 9.5/10.

So your ship did not sail..geez dont freak-in cry about..this is not the first series to have your fav ship not sail..you should not down rate the whole show for that,
Mar 24, 2016 1:43 PM

Jul 2007
_Hans_ said:
Im genuinely curious. .
Idk why people got pissed about him not getting with Hinazuki. His goal was to SAVE her not ROMANCE her. Whats with the salt.

Cutting out a lot of her scenes and devlopment and then she just shows up outta nowhere..

I don't understand it either.

This show has a subtlety of getting hit in the face with an anvil - if that relationship was supposed to be romantic, it would have hit you in the face with it so hard that you went into a coma. It did not.

He just wanted to save the girl because it was convenient for plot and I don't really have any idea why.

Airi was the only one having any sort of "romantic" scenes with MC, but even she is basically not really important to overall plot - which was MC chases after a generic murder mystery while making idiotic mistakes.

-ShadowClaw- said:

I just hate the fact that this series is losing so much credit due to them not ending up together..

TO be fair, the series is losing credit because the show is bad. Sure some neets are salty that they could not self insert into their romance of choice, but the show has plenty of problems on its own.

When your main villains motivation is literally HAMSTERRRS, you know you dun goofed.
Mar 24, 2016 1:53 PM

Mar 2012
Fai said:
_Hans_ said:
Im genuinely curious. .

I don't understand it either.

This show has a subtlety of getting hit in the face with an anvil - if that relationship was supposed to be romantic, it would have hit you in the face with it so hard that you went into a coma. It did not.

He just wanted to save the girl because it was convenient for plot and I don't really have any idea why.

Airi was the only one having any sort of "romantic" scenes with MC, but even she is basically not really important to overall plot - which was MC chases after a generic murder mystery while making idiotic mistakes.

-ShadowClaw- said:

I just hate the fact that this series is losing so much credit due to them not ending up together..

TO be fair, the series is losing credit because the show is bad. Sure some neets are salty that they could not self insert into their romance of choice, but the show has plenty of problems on its own.

When your main villains motivation is literally HAMSTERRRS, you know you dun goofed.

Like i said the writing in this would remove some of its credit such as from going to an 10/10 to a 9 0r 8/10 but to a 1 or 2/10// you have to admit some people are taking it a bit to far?

I am not just talking about this show..but a lot of people rate down shows with no real good reason and MAL really needs to fix its rating system.
Mar 24, 2016 2:01 PM

Jun 2014
Cannot believe anybody would call a show bad due to pairing not getting together. It had a 9.13 and dropped to a 9.06 after episode 11. Also, people have notified me that him not getting with Hina is a plothole.

Mar 24, 2016 2:03 PM

Jul 2007
-ShadowClaw- said:

Like i said the writing in this would remove some of its credit such as from going to an 10/10 to a 9 0r 8/10 but to a 1 or 2/10// you have to admit some people are taking it a bit to far?

I am not just talking about this show..but a lot of people rate down shows with no real good reason and MAL really needs to fix its rating system.

Barely any shows are worth 10/10 in the first place. This was never a show worth that much.

Its no Cowboy Bebop. Its no Tatami Galaxy. Its no Utena, Mushishi or even steins;gate.
Erased was never going to be something that shapes anime medium. It didnot have narrative strong or unique enough for that.

At best it could have been 8/10 if it did EVERYTHING perfectly(which meant absolutely no inclusion of stupid murder plot and actual exploration of how time travel affects lives and MC's perspective onlife changing, etc).

Since that is not happening, deducting the points is okay, yes? So even with the murder mystery and all the nonsense if the overall Narrative structure was ok it could still be 7/10 if it was pretty enough and directed well enough.
Except that direction was bad and art style and quality were badand the show was blunt, unsubtle anvilicious and poorly paced and directed.

SO Okay, even if that is the case, if the story does not shit itself it could STILL be 6/10 making it about average when compared to everything else ever produced. OH WAIT. Chocolate Bars. Convenient character stupidity.

That already leaves it at 5/10 the most so range between 3-5 seems about fair depending on how much the totally nonsensical writing and pacing offends one.

I do agree that it is not 1/10 or 2/10 tho.
Mar 24, 2016 2:07 PM

Mar 2012
Fai said:
-ShadowClaw- said:

Barely any shows are worth 10/10 in the first place. This was never a show worth that much.

Its no Cowboy Bebop. Its no Tatami Galaxy. Its no Utena, Mushishi or even steins;gate.
Erased was never going to be something that shapes anime medium. It didnot have narrative strong or unique enough for that.

At best it could have been 8/10 if it did EVERYTHING perfectly(which meant absolutely no inclusion of stupid murder plot and actual exploration of how time travel affects lives and MC's perspective onlife changing, etc).

Since that is not happening, deducting the points is okay, yes? So even with the murder mystery and all the nonsense if the overall Narrative structure was ok it could still be 7/10 if it was pretty enough and directed well enough.
Except that direction was bad and art style and quality were badand the show was blunt, unsubtle anvilicious and poorly paced and directed.

SO Okay, even if that is the case, if the story does not shit itself it could STILL be 6/10 making it about average when compared to everything else ever produced. OH WAIT. Chocolate Bars. Convenient character stupidity.

That already leaves it at 5/10 the most so range between 3-5 seems about fair depending on how much the totally nonsensical writing and pacing offends one.

I do agree that it is not 1/10 or 2/10 tho.

My main point is that if u want to critize something... make sure you can create an actual constructive argument and defense that would justify your reasoning and would allow your judgement to have an actual accurate base for defense and reason...just like you did with your explanation right now...i still think it is 9 out of 10 but i can understand your reasoning why you would rate it lower.. i just want people to give proper explainations that would justify it and not jsut throw a temper tantrum and rate high or low...with out giving a good reason..you understand where i am going with this?
Mar 24, 2016 2:33 PM

Aug 2015
did someone just implied that cowboy bepop shapes anime medium ?
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahah
Mar 24, 2016 2:41 PM

Jul 2013
I actually didn't care about the romance in the series at all. I only want salt. I had the salt, so I'm satisfied now :)

P.S: Obligatory:

Mar 24, 2016 4:57 PM
May 2014
If there is something to complain about was how damn awkward was the plan and overall interaction between Satoru and Yashiro at the roof top. It didn't make the most sense.

People complaining about him not getting with Hinazuki seriously need to get over it. It's as valid criticism as "the author didn't do what I wanted waah"
Mar 24, 2016 5:08 PM

Sep 2015
Because it easier to see that instead of the actual flaws of the show.

-Senpai-Mar 24, 2016 5:12 PM
NasalShark said:
I'd love to squeeze your nipples until they look like a purple slushie, Senpai.

Mar 24, 2016 5:11 PM

Aug 2015
Because they forgot this is not a romance anime.
Mar 24, 2016 5:21 PM

Mar 2015
FlameSpeedster said:

Should have told that to the anime director
Mar 24, 2016 5:28 PM

Jan 2015
I'm more mad that the show just goes downhill after Kayo arc, it's pretty clear the Author planned the Kayo arc but not what comes after.

Also it doesn't help that Kayo is the 2nd best developed character of the series who pairs up with a side character who's screentime rivals Airi.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Mar 24, 2016 5:28 PM

Jul 2013
It's weird because a lot of manga readers were SO excited for the anime to reveal that Kayo got with Hiromi to see how salty anime watchers would get and I was just like... ??? I didn't realize that they expected a large group of watchers to ship a 29 year old in a 10 year old's body with another 10 year old. Like, not every interaction between a male and female needs to be romantic. It's obvious he cared a lot about her and wanted to save her... and he accomplished that. I didn't find it to be a ~slap in the face or unbelievable that they didn't end up together. If you were expecting the main resolution of this anime to be Satoru/Kayo hooking up then maybe you should stick to watching anime under the "romance" tag.
Mar 24, 2016 5:29 PM

Jul 2007
MightyM16 said:
FlameSpeedster said:

Considering how heavy handed everything in the show is, what people claim is romance would be FAR FAR FAR more obvious if it was real. Sadly it is just people looking into things too deep. This anime was never subtle. If Satoru had a romantic interest in the loli, there would be freaking arrows pointing at them all the time screaming romance.

bobzanny said:

Also it doesn't help that Kayo is the 2nd best developed character of the series who pairs up with a side character who's screentime rivals Airi.

No?

Airi's talk in the first episode is still the only character development this show had.

Kayo is basically "I am cute girl with some abuse history that show never bothered to really explore, feel the need to protect me" and that's it.
Mar 24, 2016 5:37 PM

Mar 2015
Fai said:
MightyM16 said:

Considering how heavy handed everything in the show is, what people claim is romance would be FAR FAR FAR more obvious if it was real. Sadly it is just people looking into things too deep. This anime was never subtle. If Satoru had a romantic interest in the loli, there would be freaking arrows pointing at them all the time screaming romance.

It's not that Satoru had romantic feelings or attraction for Kayo ( though there were definitely implications here and there), the matter here is that the anime director was a huge fan of Kayo so he amped up her scenes and made the story focus more on her, creating even anime original scenes for her.

Doing this he also ended up amping up the teasing as well
Mar 24, 2016 5:43 PM

Jan 2015
Fai said:
MightyM16 said:

bobzanny said:

No?

Airi's talk in the first episode is still the only character development this show had.

Kayo is basically "I am cute girl with some abuse history that show never bothered to really explore, feel the need to protect me" and that's it.

Yes?

We see Kayo go from distanced girl who is on the path to being murdered, to actually trusting others and making friends and having a more positive outlook on life.

Airi remains the same character in all the 3 different episodes we see her in.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Mar 24, 2016 5:44 PM

Nov 2014
Because they feel like being cheated.

Mar 24, 2016 5:53 PM

Jul 2007
bobzanny said:

We see Kayo go from distanced girl who is on the path to being murdered, to actually trusting others and making friends and having a more positive outlook on life.

As DigiBro's review video points out whole Kayo personality never made sense anyway.

Airi remains the same character in all the 3 different episodes we see her in.

The first episode starts with her just being a pizza girl and then in her talk in hospital develops her motivations for life. That's more than any other character in the show got.
Mar 24, 2016 5:54 PM

Apr 2014
The shipper tears are delicious. It would have been cliche' if Satoru got with Hinazuki anyway.
Mar 24, 2016 8:26 PM

Jul 2011
Kagami said:
Cannot believe anybody would call a show bad due to pairing not getting together. It had a 9.13 and dropped to a 9.06 after episode 11...

LMAO REALLY?! I didn't know that! My god, this community sucks nowadays.
Mar 24, 2016 8:29 PM

Jun 2015
Tylaen said:
Because they are filthy and should take a bath.

I laughed at this harder than I should have.
Mar 24, 2016 8:35 PM

Sep 2015
Hinazuki can't waste 15 years of her life like that- Japan needs a population increase and the directors were living out their dreams with this show. They were trying to be heroes by saving the Japanese economy is what this show is about. Totally.
Mar 24, 2016 8:38 PM

Jul 2007
ainky said:
Kagami said:
Cannot believe anybody would call a show bad due to pairing not getting together. It had a 9.13 and dropped to a 9.06 after episode 11...

Again the show is bad because its bad. While some salty neets will grudge-vote for relationships, the show itself does a fine job at justifying a low rating. It has nothing that would make it deserving of 8 or 7 let alone 9, something that should be given to near-perfect things that triumph over majority of anime ever released. Erased is not that.

But sure, let's pretend people do not like it because of romance.
Mar 24, 2016 8:57 PM

Dec 2012
Considering the fact that the first half hinted at them being potential otps, I can't see why they wouldn't be.
Mar 24, 2016 9:01 PM
Jul 2018
salt, my dear. sweet salt. because people think that everything needs to be a shoujo fairy story.
Mar 24, 2016 9:33 PM

Jun 2014
Fai said:
ainky said:

Again the show is bad because its bad. While some salty neets will grudge-vote for relationships, the show itself does a fine job at justifying a low rating. It has nothing that would make it deserving of 8 or 7 let alone 9, something that should be given to near-perfect things that triumph over majority of anime ever released. Erased is not that.

But sure, let's pretend people do not like it because of romance.

Have you even been on the Erased boards in the week? There have been countless people on and off mal declaring it ruined the show.

Also, it being bad is also your opinion. Though, not sure if a RWBY fan knows what good tv is anyways #shotsfired #dealwithit #roflcopter
Mar 24, 2016 9:45 PM

Nov 2014
I understand why people have something against anime shippers. Especially in the case of erased d.
However, I am a shipper of the two and no fuss was made by me.
Not everyone is X, not everyone is Y.

Mar 24, 2016 9:49 PM
Jul 2012
Anime quality is only determined by the shipping results now adays for some strange reason. This was never a Romance series people just turned it into one.
Mar 25, 2016 12:22 AM

Mar 2012
No waifu no laifu m8
Mar 25, 2016 12:25 AM

Sep 2013
Jakerams said:
Anime quality is only determined by the shipping results now adays for some strange reason. This was never a Romance series people just turned it into one.

Yeah I agree this Series is not about Romance but About Boy who wants to save his friend life
Mar 25, 2016 12:47 AM

Sep 2015
I can't believe how seriously people take this shit. It was never a romance nor was it implied.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1400 by bakakisima »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1108 by bakakisima »»
Yesterday, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.