Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2010 9:36 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I don't get why does Naraku need Tetsusaiga so badly when he has so many other options. It's just cheap using Kohaku as a tool to fight everyone else, I hope someone kill Naraku soon.
Nov 4, 2010 8:44 AM

Feb 2008
ShanaFlame said:
I don't get why does Naraku need Tetsusaiga so badly when he has so many other options. It's just cheap using Kohaku as a tool to fight everyone else, I hope someone kill Naraku soon.

It's quite simple : If Naraku steals the Tetsusaiga, InuYasha will be left powerless against him.

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Aug 17, 2014 12:33 AM

May 2013
Interesting episode, Naraku is one sick bastard turning Sango's own brother against her. Naraku has placed Sango in a very tough predicament. It was a very good episode.

Nov 23, 2014 8:02 AM

Jul 2013
SailorKagome said:
ShanaFlame said:

It's quite simple : If Naraku steals the Tetsusaiga, InuYasha will be left powerless against him.

I was thinking, what if Naraku were to steal the Tetsusaiga and then put shekan jewels on it. The weapon would become more destructive than what it already is.

Also, perhaps Naraku knows more about the weapon than what Inuyasha does.
Jun 12, 2015 11:46 AM

May 2015
I'd really love to see Naraku dead in the next few episodes, but it'll probably have to wait a whole more time. I just loathe him both as a character and an antagonist, he's just so excessively boring... should this anime not get Sesshoumaru/Kikyo plot back any time soon, I'll probably drop it.
Jul 26, 2015 11:35 AM

Aug 2013
Sango fell right into the obvious trap. But I can understand it, since it's her brother that is the bargain.

Kohaku situation is pretty darn sad. He's no more than an empty shell now :/
Memories are the only thing left when you lose everything, yet...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Sep 13, 2015 6:02 AM

Jun 2012
Hoe don't do it.
Dec 1, 2015 4:37 AM
Nov 2015
Wow, Naraku's a bastard!

As if all he's done to Sango weren't enough now he has turned Kohaku into a HUMAN SLAYER!

(Imagine if they'd developed this plot throughout more episodes... Inuyasha and the others would come across rumours of someone relentlessly murdering entire villages, then Sango would recognize the technique and start to freak out)

I hope Sango will realize that Naraku's puppet isn't her brother anymore.
May 1, 2016 5:16 PM

Jul 2015
I really like Sango, such a strong woman !
May 23, 2018 3:31 PM
Mar 2018
This was a good episode. Not one of the very best, but it had an interesting, emotional plot, and some very good action scenes, to make it an overall winner.
Apr 11, 2019 12:36 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
He rly is a tricky ***** lol
Poor Sango she has to go through so much in so less time :(

Aug 9, 2019 1:20 AM

Jul 2015
Damn naraku really wants to anger Sango, first killing her clan, then using her younger brother against her, misleading her against inuyasha, and now using her dead younger brother again.

Nov 30, 2019 3:00 PM
Apr 2016
Wow, Naraku really is an evil piece of shit, truly terrible. I hope Sango won't go with what Naraku said, otherwise it will turn out even worse.
Aug 30, 2020 1:57 AM

Jul 2009
Sango's chest has ample size :)

Damn, I guess they really can bring anyone back from the dead.

I know Kikyou was obvious since I don't think they would kill such an important character just like that.

Still, bastard Naraku for continuing to do this.

And it's funny how the more Naraku appears, the more his voice clears and the way he deceives people.

I have been playing FFVII Remake and I really can't get Sephiroth's voice out of him. Same VA (Toshiyuki Morikawa).
Aug 30, 2020 4:10 AM

Aug 2008
Man, you definitely don't want to be born as a peasant in the Inuyasha world. You may think it's gonna be peaceful like any other day, and then suddenly your entire village gets killed by a brainwashed halfdead child.
Aug 31, 2020 1:45 PM

Dec 2007
so naraku feels threatened by inuyasha's tetsuyaga so he's doing his dirty manipulations again, i won't say he isn't smart but if sango will read his moves right she will understand what his weak point his by asking that, she needs to understand that if she will really bring to naraku the tetsuyaga she actually giving away their strong weapon against naraku.

i just realized that in that night when kohaku killed their family, naraku knew they are both still alive, but pretended to burry them both in hope to manipulate them both.
Oct 23, 2020 12:39 PM

Feb 2012
Sango really has it worse off than the others

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Aug 25, 2021 8:01 AM

Apr 2013
She... she won't do it right? I mean no one could be that stupid, Naraku basically lies every time he opens his mouth.
Nov 8, 2021 1:33 AM
Apr 2018
(20:22) MIROKU : Don't try too hard.

Yeah INUYASHA, don't stress your little brain. XD
Aug 7, 2022 8:58 AM

Jan 2018
Sota is a nice brother. Kagome is fortunate to have a caring sibling like that.
VVill said:
Man, you definitely don't want to be born as a peasant in the Inuyasha world. You may think it's gonna be peaceful like any other day, and then suddenly your entire village gets killed by a brainwashed halfdead child.
Tbf you wouldn't want to be a peasant anywhere in the real world before the 20th century, especially if it's in Asia. Idk about other places but in the Indian subcontinent stories of entire small villages being wiped out due to an outbreak of a contagious disease like cholera and diarrhoea were common at least up until the middle of the 20th century. If it wasn't disease then poor crop harvest would also create famine which would lead most of the rural population to starve to death. Not to mention bandits and pirates genociding entire villages doing whatever they want. Since most people back then were illiterate they'd probably link these events to demons or the wrath of evil gods which Inuyasha takes inspiration from.

More topics from this board

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 17 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jan 3, 2010

19 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 11:07 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 16 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jan 3, 2010

29 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 10:25 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 14 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jan 3, 2010

19 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 9:44 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 9 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jan 3, 2010

21 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 6:49 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 4 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Dec 29, 2009

30 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 6:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.