Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2010 9:20 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I love this episode seeing that Kagome was all jealous when Kikyou cling on to Inuyasha, I'm sure Kikyou will forget about her hatred on Inuyasha since it's not his fault^^ Lets just hope she doesn't end up dying before finding Naraku :D
Dec 25, 2011 8:07 PM

Jan 2011
Quite clearly Inuyasha has a lot to learn about women. Maybe he should sit down and take a few lessons from the monk...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jan 7, 2012 5:59 AM
Dec 2010
Well that was interesting.. So Kadame wants to stay at home, well it's exactly what InuYasha was trying to do few eps ago. i guess technically it's best solution but there's matter of realized feelings mixed in it now.

BTW> When is he gonna get rid of that necklace? Poor dude gets bullied according to mood of Kadame all the time

rodac said:
Quite clearly Inuyasha has a lot to learn about women. Maybe he should sit down and take a few lessons from the monk...

he got his 1st lesson right when Kagome came back for her stuff... well you saw what happened to him right ?
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Mar 20, 2012 5:39 PM

Jun 2009
Clearly the necklace is still on Inuyasha because he isn't able to take it off.

Great mini-arc. Kikyou is probably the most interesting character in the series, I especially like the line where she said she could have been the one to ease his heart if she lived. It's going to be interesting how her sub-plot plays out throughout the series.

Also, guess whose coming next episode?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 21, 2012 2:34 AM

Jul 2007
Yeah this episode was great. This is the first time you start to see conflicts arise in between kagome, kikio and inuyasha.

Jan 17, 2013 12:01 AM

Dec 2012
Loved the ending.
"When life gives you lemons, make orange juice, then sit back and watch the world wonder how you did it."
Dec 11, 2013 3:41 AM
Dec 2013
MastaJ said:
Loved the ending.
me too xD
Feb 15, 2014 1:59 AM

May 2013
The dynamic of InuYasha, Kagome and Kikyo is very interesting. I remember this episode from my childhood, I remember this one more particularly than some of the others. Seeing Kagome see InuYasha and Kikyo together was intense. I loved InuYasha and Kikyo's interaction, I absolutely loved that they hugged and that she kissed him. I loved that InuYasha was honest with her and Kagome being there made it much more surreal. InuYasha has changed A LOT from the beginning. But wow, what an episode! I absolutely loved this episode. This was probably one of the best ones so far, it's my personal favourite. I absolutely love the dynamic of InuYasha, Kagome and Kikyo. InuYasha really still loves Kikyo at this point, even more than Kagome. I'd say it's 60/40 for him with Kikyo being 60 and Kagome being 40. But yeah, it was an amazing episode and Kagome watching everything made it so much better than it already would've been even if she didn't witness InuYasha proclaim his love for Kikyo. Also, very funny ending with InuYasha and Miroku with him asking what he did with Kikyo in front of Kagome and his shocked reaction and InuYasha saying that he wants both and her yelling sit lol. Very funny ending to a very serious episode. The InuYasha and Kagome relationship is very complex, they like eachother and are a bit aware that they both like eachother but they can't express their feelings and get embarrassed when they are too close or when certain romantic things are said. Either way, very great episode and I can't wait to see more of the InuYasha, Kagome and Kikyo love triangle. 5/5.
gizmokid2122Aug 10, 2014 1:54 AM

Apr 20, 2014 3:03 PM
Mar 2013
ShanaFlame said:
I love this episode seeing that Kagome was all jealous when Kikyou cling on to Inuyasha, I'm sure Kikyou will forget about her hatred on Inuyasha since it's not his fault^^ Lets just hope she doesn't end up dying before finding Naraku :D
You seem to have a lot of faith in Kikyo! I do to, I believe she will get over this jealousy/hatred over Inuyasha and eventually help him slay Naraku.

Lol at Inuyasha wanting both of them xD What a player. Miroku's rubbing off on him and that's bad news ^^
Nov 5, 2014 7:16 AM

Jul 2013
It's natural that Inuyasha would love Kikyo back. She was the first person he ever loved. Both showed intense, passionate, and honest feelings for each other. For Kagome it's normal that Inuyasha doesn't love her yet. I mean he barely knows her and in Kikyo's case he's known her for quite a while.
May 28, 2015 3:01 AM

May 2015
I originally had thought Kagome and Kikyo would befriend each other... oh well. I feel so sorry for Inuyasha being tied by this stupid necklace. And his conflict isn't really surprising at this case. From my point of view it looks more like neither Kikyo nor Kagome really knew what they wanted. They're both jealous, resulting in Inuyasha being just gobsmacked.
Jul 24, 2015 11:05 AM

Aug 2013
Mmmm, a threesome... What could possibly go wrong!
InuYasha really is in a shitty situation. Seeing two girls at the same time can't end nicely.

On another note, Kagome got literally NTRed right before her eyes. That's pretty harsh.
Gotta love Miroko jumping straight to the sex conclusion.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Aug 27, 2015 2:09 AM

Jun 2012
I'm starting to hate Kikyo right now, and because of her, InuYasha too. Hasn't anyone told him not to mess with death people?
Nov 24, 2015 4:58 AM
Oct 2011
andeeknight said:
I'm starting to hate Kikyo right now, and because of her, InuYasha too. Hasn't anyone told him not to mess with death people?
I can't even imagine what it would be like to have a dead lover come back from beyond the grave right as I was starting to move on with my life and love somebody else. I suppose it is only natural that Inuyasha is conflicted On the other hand Kikyo hasn't REALLY come back from the dead and it is stated again and again that there is no way for it to happen so I can't see the Kikyo romance having any real chance of working out.
Apr 28, 2016 6:42 PM
Apr 2016
By this time, I believe she has already let go of her hatred on Inuyasha sort of. Based on the dialogue, I assumed she wanted to drag him to hell to be together with him. As of relationship, as much as I rather prefer her than Kagome, the theme of the story seems to hint the dead can no longer interact with the world as their time has stopped. Very unfortunate for Kikyo....
Apr 30, 2016 4:08 PM

Jul 2015
What an amazing episode !

Kagome seems to get more jealous, that's great !
May 6, 2016 4:10 PM
Apr 2016
If there was definitely a way to destroy Naraku, I would probably have joined Kikyou as Inuyasha.
Nov 7, 2016 4:13 PM

Jul 2013
Ugh I can't stand love triangles, although clearly I'm rooting for Kagome here. I just can't wait for more action and plot progression!
Jul 14, 2017 2:13 PM

May 2013
LOL this nigguh said he wants both women. Are you stupid??? LOLOL. There's no way you can have both XDDD smh. Baka Inuyasha.

Anyways. I would be rooting for Kagome IF she was more mature about how she handles her feelings. BUT. She isn't. She has pent up emotions because she won't be honest with herself and then takes it out violently on Inuyasha when things don't go her way. Until she learns to grow the fuck up, I can't ship her with Inuyasha at all.
Jan 4, 2018 4:26 PM

Sep 2011
Kokoro_Inuzuka said:

Anyways. I would be rooting for Kagome IF she was more mature about how she handles her feelings. BUT. She isn't. She has pent up emotions because she won't be honest with herself and then takes it out violently on Inuyasha when things don't go her way. Until she learns to grow the fuck up, I can't ship her with Inuyasha at all.

You have to realize two things though:

1. Kagome is only 15 years old at this point. She is pretty much just a kid, and not many people are mature enough about this kind of thing at that point in their life :'D Especially since this seems to be the first time for her. Also, she knew from the start that Inuyasha liked (and even loved) Kikyo, so it's pretty hard to tell somebody your feelings when you know that the other one is "taken" already :/ She is basically conflicted about her own feelings, and knows that she shouldn't stand in Inuyasha's way, even if it hurts her.

2. Inuyasha is just as immature, if not more so at times :D He is conflicted about his own feelings concerning both Kikyo and Kagome, as we clearly saw in this episode, and even in the previous ones. He could barely tell Kikyo at this point that he loves her, but he still gets flustered when Kagome and his feelings towards her is the topic :D Kagome and Inuyasha are not that much different :P

Anyway, this episode reminded me why I never liked Kikyo back then :( I know that her love towards Inuyasha and the pain of losing him is the sole drive of her to "exist", but tricking him even after you know that it wasn't his fault that you died is a bad thing to do :/ She pretty much also forgot that a few minutes earlier she still thought that she was betrayed and killed by him back then. At least say sorry for wanting to kill you for this a minute ago...
I understand how painful this must be for her, but this isn't the way to convince him to "live" with you... She should realize that she isn't any different from a demon if she does things like tricking people and literally dragging them with you to hell. And not to mention that you NTR another poor girl who you know likes the same person >.>
She is the only thing I hated in the show back then :'D I never liked love triangles, especially when the choice seems pretty clear to me (Kagome...).
RazielZeroJan 4, 2018 4:30 PM
May 7, 2018 2:19 PM
Mar 2018
A pretty mediocre episode. The middle part, with Kikyo dragging Inuyasha to hell, was very well-done and intense. But the rest of the episode didn't do much. I just am not interested in the whole Kikyo/Kagome/Inuyasha love triangle/the whole Kikyo Betrayal arc which gets reiterated every single episode.
Apr 9, 2019 11:12 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
I just dont get why Kikyou has to go insane and still kill Inuyasha.
Thats not rational knowing what she knows now.

Aug 8, 2019 3:56 AM

Jul 2015
I hope Inuyasha and Kagome can make up soon, Inuyasha was a real fool at the end for saying "both"

Sep 19, 2019 10:26 PM
Feb 2019
poor kagome. seeing someone you have feelings for love someone else sucks. while i know inuyasha values kagome, he still loves kikyou. :(
Nov 1, 2019 5:58 AM
Jul 2018
We can't really blame Inuyasha, he loved Kikyo dearly, even if she may have killed him, love doesn't disappear just like that, esp now that he knows it was set up by Naraku.

Nonetheless, felt bad for Kagome :( she got jealous and hurt but she still managed herself quite well for someone who falls in love for the first time. Poor Kikyo, resurrected only to be stuck in a medium where she isn't dead, isn't alive..

Both Kagome and Kikyo shouldn't get jealous though, aren't they both same? Kagome is reincarnation of Kikyo, but this just shows our strong attachment to our own reality I guess.
Nov 29, 2019 3:59 PM
Apr 2016
Aaa man, that was a real punch to the chest... Poor Kagome :(
Aug 4, 2020 1:19 AM

Jul 2009
Feel bad for Kikyou, but this is turning more into an obsession of her with Inuyasha.

Still, it was funny to see Kagome seeing Inuyasha and Kikyou kiss at front row seat.

I'm like. Damn. Poor Kagome :(

Only reason Kikyou is acting desperate is because she really does want to be alive with Inuyasha. Want a permanent body so she can remain in the real world.

If she can't have that, then she might as well bring Inuyasha with her.

LOL, Inuyasha wants both Kikyou and Kagome. If only this were a ADV-VN game XD
Aug 24, 2020 1:04 PM

Feb 2012
She saw everything..

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Aug 27, 2020 3:15 PM

Dec 2007
inuyasha is really problematic guy, he and his brother have a constantly fight, he and naraku have some revenge connection - naraku wants kikyo while inuyasha wants to revenge on the act he did both to him and both to kikyo, and though he love kikyo he can't figure out what he feel about kagome.

kikyo explaining to kagome that revenge won't give nothing for her resurrection is true and not, though he do it because of her, he do it mostly because he ruined his life with kikyo and he got stuck on a tree for 50 damn years.

and poor kagome that found out she's in love in inuyasha, and inuyasha feels more connected to kikyo, though that moment kikyo said: "she's more important for you than me" their faces really said something else.
Jan 7, 2021 4:45 AM

Jun 2019
"Can't I have both?"- Inuyasha.
Mar 14, 2021 8:44 AM

May 2016
RazielZero said:
Kokoro_Inuzuka said:

You have to realize two things though:

1. Kagome is only 15 years old at this point. She is pretty much just a kid, and not many people are mature enough about this kind of thing at that point in their life :'D Especially since this seems to be the first time for her. Also, she knew from the start that Inuyasha liked (and even loved) Kikyo, so it's pretty hard to tell somebody your feelings when you know that the other one is "taken" already :/ She is basically conflicted about her own feelings, and knows that she shouldn't stand in Inuyasha's way, even if it hurts her.

2. Inuyasha is just as immature, if not more so at times :D He is conflicted about his own feelings concerning both Kikyo and Kagome, as we clearly saw in this episode, and even in the previous ones. He could barely tell Kikyo at this point that he loves her, but he still gets flustered when Kagome and his feelings towards her is the topic :D Kagome and Inuyasha are not that much different :P

Anyway, this episode reminded me why I never liked Kikyo back then :( I know that her love towards Inuyasha and the pain of losing him is the sole drive of her to "exist", but tricking him even after you know that it wasn't his fault that you died is a bad thing to do :/ She pretty much also forgot that a few minutes earlier she still thought that she was betrayed and killed by him back then. At least say sorry for wanting to kill you for this a minute ago...
I understand how painful this must be for her, but this isn't the way to convince him to "live" with you... She should realize that she isn't any different from a demon if she does things like tricking people and literally dragging them with you to hell. And not to mention that you NTR another poor girl who you know likes the same person >.>
She is the only thing I hated in the show back then :'D I never liked love triangles, especially when the choice seems pretty clear to me (Kagome...).
Well said but still feels bad about Kikyo, I always shipped her with Inuyasha but her logic is completely
wrong. which I agree with you, I just hopes she realizes it by the end of her journey which is the only reason I picked up the show after so long.
Jun 10, 2021 3:26 AM

May 2019
Ok lets the love triangle begins. So apparently Inuyasha wanted to have both girls huh. Way to go for sit boy 😂

Aug 22, 2021 3:09 AM

Apr 2013
Kagome is kinda being unreasonable here. It's not really surprising that Inuyasha would think every day about the love of his life after losing her in such a way. Also Kagome never confessed her feelings to him, so why would he have to?
Nov 4, 2021 1:19 PM
Apr 2018
From start to end, she saw everything.
"O-suwari (sit)"

16:25 It didn't take much for MIROKU and SHIPPOU to realize that KAGOME is fine and full of energy, finding INUYASHA in that state. XD

KIKYO's theme is pleasant and sad to listen to.

Yes, it's "Sit".
Aug 2, 2022 10:46 AM

Jan 2018
I thought this episode was gonna be closure for Kikyo but things aren't always that simple, are they? What Kikyo did in this episode was not right but I still can't help but feel extremely sorry for her.

Kagome acted really bitchy in this episode. Yes, she's immature but it's still frustrating that she doesn't even consider how Inuyasha feels. I don't mind this now but it's going to be tiring to see this same type of interaction continue for over 100 episodes.

Inuyasha and Kagome's relationship is basically "what if two tsunderes fell in love". In other words, it's Ranma x Akane 2.0.

Sango will finally debut in the next episode. With that, the main cast of characters will be complete. I guess this is just the beginning of the journey. Hopefully, the story will be good beyond the intro.
Jan 18, 4:36 AM
Dec 2018
The presence of the monk in the group is the best thing the missus wrote in the story

More topics from this board

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 17 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jan 3, 2010

19 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 11:07 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 16 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jan 3, 2010

29 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 10:25 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 14 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jan 3, 2010

19 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 9:44 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 9 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jan 3, 2010

21 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 6:49 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 4 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Dec 29, 2009

30 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 6:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.