Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2010 9:17 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Kagome sure gives up easily seeing that she went on a date with Hojo. Finally we know that Naraku is behind everything that happen between Inuyasha and Kikyou in the past so now it's everyone against him alone :D
Dec 25, 2011 5:56 PM

Jan 2011
The true source of the evil is unmasked. Hopefully Kikyou's spirit will also learn the truth and realize that Inuyasha really loved her. It looks like Kagome almost realized for a moment what her feelings are towards Inuyasha.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Feb 22, 2012 11:44 PM

Jun 2011
Naraku is powerful! His attack is so large scale, and his motion is quick too
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 20, 2012 12:57 PM

Jun 2009
Yeah, I remember Naraku now. He's the the villain this series needed, and his past has already been delved into a bit. Inuyasha and Miroku's hatred for him is well defined, I have to say. Very well done, there.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 20, 2012 2:17 PM

Jul 2007
insan3soldiern said:
Yeah, I remember Naraku now. He's the the villain this series needed, and his past has already been delved into a bit. Inuyasha and Miroku's hatred for him is well defined, I have to say. Very well done, there.

This is really only a glimpse into his past of what happened during that time, but the real story isn't going to be revealed until episode 148 and 149 and those are my favorite episodes in the whole series.

Mar 20, 2012 3:19 PM

Jun 2009
Well, that's something to look forward to. I'm glad, as I thought Takahashi sort of played her cards a little too soon. I mean, really, the series has barely gotten started. It isn't a good idea to completely reveal the main villains (?) motivations and history this early.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 31, 2014 7:42 PM

May 2013
Great episode, loved the new ending. The InuYasha and Kagome reunion was amazing to see. Kagome really missed InuYasha, it was cute to see them reunited. They really love eachother. Naraku is such an evil villain! He set everything up, he's the one behind everything! I'm glad that InuYasha and everyone finally met Naraku for the first time! This was a very entertaining episode! This was the best episode yet honestly. Can't wait for next week.
gizmokid2122Aug 9, 2014 11:31 PM

Dec 18, 2014 10:20 AM
Nov 2014
"You could use more fiber" aka worst joke ever hahah
May 24, 2015 3:07 AM

May 2015
Naraku is a Spiderman. Now I know.
Jul 23, 2015 9:53 PM

Aug 2013
I really feel bad for Hojo. The dude is just too... bland x)
But he have good intentions. At least, I do hope he don't have ill intentions.

So we see Naraku face. He oddly look a bit like InuYasha, but in more builded. He seem also way stronger, but he do have a lot of shards. That must help him in some way. In any case, they explained quite simply why Kaede felt that Onigumi was human. It was a clever way to solve that contradiction.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Nov 21, 2015 11:28 AM
Oct 2011
You know Naraku maybe a bastard, but he has a point. If Kikyo and Inuyasha really trusted each other, why was it so easy to shatter said trust?
Apr 30, 2016 3:04 PM

Jul 2015
Yeah ! Kagome is back and hugged Inuyasha, that was nice.

So Naraku has a spider on the back, wonder what it mean.

This show is so good so far, i freaking love it, so interesting !
Apr 30, 2016 3:43 PM
Apr 2016
animalia said:
You know Naraku maybe a bastard, but he has a point. If Kikyo and Inuyasha really trusted each other, why was it so easy to shatter said trust?

What his plan was wasn't exactly simple. First take into account that at that point, Naraku was born, they had no way of knowing who he was and what he did. Second, trusting someone takes time. You cannot expect Kikyo and Inuyasha to just trust each other the moment they start have feelings for each other.
Apr 30, 2016 4:22 PM
Oct 2011
Fake_Williams said:
animalia said:

What his plan was wasn't exactly simple. First take into account that at that point, Naraku was born, they had no way of knowing who he was and what he did. Second, trusting someone takes time. You cannot expect Kikyo and Inuyasha to just trust each other the moment they start have feelings for each other.

1) It is world full of shape-shirting demons.
&
2) Even so the point remains valid.
Jul 14, 2017 11:26 AM

May 2013
Still think both Inuyasha and Kagome are dumb, seeing as how they can't be honest with their feelings >___>

Stupid Kagome said "ask me out again" to Hojo. Fuck you, bitch. Don't lead people on like that >:( This is why I ship Inuyasha with Kikyo more. She's MUCH more elegant, powerful, and true to herself. Too bad Kagome is the living heroine so she's gonna end up with him =.="
Jan 3, 2018 4:42 PM

Sep 2011
Ah, I forgot how lame Naraku's backstory was :'D Such a big antagonist and it was just a "oh, thousands of demons devoured me and then I came into existence for some reason, because I wished for power and the Shikon no Tama" :'D
May 3, 2018 4:24 PM
Mar 2018
Decent episode, with some really nice battling. I also like the juxtaposition between the battle scenes and Kagome dating. I like that sort of "reality-fantasy" juxtaposition. Unfortunately, I was not a fan of Yet Another reiteration of the Kikyo story.
Apr 9, 2019 11:10 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
I sort of feel bad for the poor guy he thinks he has a chance and she is just struggeling with Inuyasha

Aug 8, 2019 2:58 AM

Jul 2015
Pretty nice episode, some explanation how naraku became a demon, some battling

Well naraku was just plain evil from the beginning in my opinion, not realy much of a backstory

Oct 31, 2019 11:41 AM
Jul 2018
Inuyasha and Kagome reunion scene was beautiful, it's impact on my heart only magnified by the lovely lovely music. from 2.00 in this video.

Is this what love sounds like? goosebumps
Nov 3, 2019 8:53 PM
Apr 2016
Jesus, Kagome is just the cutest, she's awesome. Felt bad for Inuyasha at the end, the guy escaped...
Nov 11, 2019 4:38 AM
Jul 2018
Aww that reunion was nice, i feel bad for Hojo, Kagome should just tell him that she is not interested instead of giving him false hope.

I was right about Onigumo being Naraku but that was pretty obvious all things considered, i wonder if that spider tattoo means that he is part of some sort of clan.
Apr 25, 2020 10:24 PM

Apr 2017
I'm glad we finally have our true villain. They did a good job of making the viewer absolutely hate this guy, too.

Now it has me wondering if Inuyasha can somehow ever make it up to Kikyo.
Awoo :3
Aug 1, 2020 11:04 AM

Jul 2009
Finally we get to see Naraku. Freaking bastard for shape shifting and making Kikyou and Inuyasha fight each other.

Though, I do agree on him. That Kikyou and Inuyasha should have not doubted each other and instead wondered and ask what happened.

Their trust isn't as strong as they thought they were.

Can't wait for more episodes!
Aug 23, 2020 4:18 PM

Feb 2012
Poor Hōjō lol, thinking Kagome is actually ill doesn't help. So as long as the Shards are in the well x amount of time between the feudal and modern era, people can pass through.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Aug 27, 2020 11:49 AM

Dec 2007
kagome is so in denial, even when she's dating she can't stop thinking about inuyasha.

inuyasha doesn't need kagome only for the fragments, but he also can't unleash all his powers? it's not related for her spiritual powers, that for sure...

to reveal the villain so soon it's actually surprise, seems like the mangaka didn't felt to write freely without that.

and though the ending theme was above average, i still prefer the first one.
Mar 13, 2021 9:27 PM

May 2016
Great episode Naraku showing his true shape.
Aug 20, 2021 2:41 AM

Apr 2013
Hmm so not really a big reveal, now we just know who Nagaraku used to be.
Aug 2, 2022 8:42 AM

Jan 2018
According to Wikipedia, episodes 21 and 22 aired together as an hour-long special and the broadcast version is 5 minutes longer. I wonder how much content is cut in the DVD/BD version if any.

Naraku has a point. Kikyo and Inuyasha's trust wasn't firm. This is something that has bothered me ever since it was revealed that both characters were tricked. Glad to see this being addressed.

Inuyasha basically got a second chance to rebuild this trust (and this time stronger than before) with Kagome. But I wish he'd still make up with Kikyo somehow. The next episode might just be that.

I loved the old ED. It'll take time for me to adjust to the new one.
0451Aug 2, 2022 9:05 AM
Aug 31, 2023 9:11 AM
Oct 2022
Not sure how I feel about Inuyasha and Kikyo's "trust being weak." Even if its true, they still both got totally betrayed from their perspective at the time. Not sure if Nuraku is just trying to fuck with Inuyasha or I'm just dumb and I'm missing something lol.

The ED is probably one of my favs also. The album its off of, Do as Infinity - Deep Forest, is pretty good too.
Jan 16, 6:47 PM
Dec 2018
I've watched the anime before, but seeing the episode again is very good, and Naraku's appearance and the reality of his existence were written wonderfully.

More topics from this board

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 17 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jan 3, 2010

19 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 11:07 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 16 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jan 3, 2010

29 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 10:25 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 14 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jan 3, 2010

19 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 9:44 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 9 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jan 3, 2010

21 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 6:49 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 4 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Dec 29, 2009

30 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 6:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.