Forum Settings
Forums

[Poll] Fanservice in series with good plot are getting annoying?

New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 23, 2016 6:28 AM
Dec 2014
Plot doesn't sell blurays. Only fanservice does.
Mar 23, 2016 6:32 AM
Dec 2014
Tenshi_Shura said:
Give me a lot of examples of anime with a good plot that are ruined by fanservice OP unless of course you're pulling everything you said from your ass.

Good point. Anime with a good plot caters to a different audience. Patlabor didn't need panty shots.
Mar 23, 2016 6:35 AM
Jul 2015
i like ecchi
but hates boobs and butts that are overly large
SunnyOWXMar 23, 2016 6:39 AM
Mar 23, 2016 6:53 AM

May 2015
Just focusing on an attractive female character's body for a few seconds isn't excessive at all. That happens in almost everything: Western tv, movies, vidya, etc., and it doesn't hurt the quality of the show. If it's for adults, some degree of sexuality is to be expected. This isn't the mid-1900s, we're not prudes and most of the community is mature enough to handle something like that.

It's when there's constant ecchi every scene that it gets excessive, but I've never seen a good series with that.
Mar 23, 2016 6:58 AM

Jul 2013
Gluzin said:
Tenshi_Shura said:
Give me a lot of examples of anime with a good plot that are ruined by fanservice OP unless of course you're pulling everything you said from your ass.
I don't know about anime that were destroyed by ecchi because most ecchi know what they want to be from the very beginning but I'd have Nanatsu no Taizai and Nisemonogatari higher on my consideration if they had less ecchi.
Feniksrises said:
Good point. Anime with a good plot caters to a different audience. Patlabor didn't need panty shots.

My point exactly. OP stated that there are a lot of examples of what he said but he doesn't cite any examples at all. I've never encountered an anime with a great story ruined by fanservice. Ecchi has an entire audience targeted for it. Nanatsu no Taizai would come close but it doesn't have a good plot to begin with, only good characters.
Mar 23, 2016 7:36 AM

Nov 2009
-Maz said:
Simply put, if an event happens unnaturally and feels forced just for the sake of pandering to a certain subset of viewers, it will take away from my immersion in the story. If they are going to put in fanservice no matter what, I'd at the very least like for it to feel natural and relevant. I'd like a reason for it. I always shake my head when I'm watching a mecha or military anime, for example, and the female soldiers never wear trousers. For some inexplicable reason, it's an absolute law that they must have their arse hanging out.
To me, it just looks stupid. I've yet to see a decent reason as to why females and females alone must always have their arse hanging out in their uniforms. That's just another type of what I consider to be poorly handled fanservice.

0) Yes, some fanservice works more naturally than other. I'd consider it a sign of the author's skill.

1) I thought tight-fitting suits (like Evangelion's plugsuits or Rocket Girls' reverse-pressure spacesuits) are the standard uniform for female mecha pilots? And for male pilots in the shows where females were allowed to be pilots as well.
I don't watch much mecha anime, but it seemed pretty popular: Evangelion, FMP, Gargantia, Lagrange...

2) Personally, when I find tracks of real life considerations in the story, I tend to find them funny. Of course, your reaction may differ, and you may find funny things unacceptable in the shows you like.

3) I recommend to never worry about shows pandering to somebody you are not. Otherwise, it gets really hard to watch anime meant for people who are unlike you.
Mar 23, 2016 7:37 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Ppl will find every reason to bash sexual content, as if the things ppl say it does to a show can't be said about many other elements in a show...

I swear if sexual content wasn't taboo then no one would care to criticize... all being taboo does is make ppl harp on things there's nothing wrong with

And despite having it been explained I still fail to see how the odd boob or ass shot in a "serious" moment takes away from it, like I never would've even considered that I not made a thread asking why ppl say ecchi "takes away from plot"

I don't agree that it's ever distracting, I don't really get "distracted" by anything in anime, I can still fully pay attention to what's happening and feel the right emotions even with a boner

Aug 2014
Monogatari is a good show because it has a good plot. Most of these trashy ecchi harem shows are bad because they are trashy ecchi harem shows.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.

Aug 2014
Also yeah kill la kill is great too...

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Mar 23, 2016 7:38 AM

Nov 2013
Grisaia no Kajitsu is full of useless fan service. example episode 1 8:22-8:46, 13:57-14:02
Mar 23, 2016 7:49 AM

Sep 2015
flannan said:
-Maz said:
Simply put, if an event happens unnaturally and feels forced just for the sake of pandering to a certain subset of viewers, it will take away from my immersion in the story. If they are going to put in fanservice no matter what, I'd at the very least like for it to feel natural and relevant. I'd like a reason for it. I always shake my head when I'm watching a mecha or military anime, for example, and the female soldiers never wear trousers. For some inexplicable reason, it's an absolute law that they must have their arse hanging out.
To me, it just looks stupid. I've yet to see a decent reason as to why females and females alone must always have their arse hanging out in their uniforms. That's just another type of what I consider to be poorly handled fanservice.

0) Yes, some fanservice works more naturally than other. I'd consider it a sign of the author's skill.

1) I thought tight-fitting suits (like Evangelion's plugsuits or Rocket Girls' reverse-pressure spacesuits) are the standard uniform for female mecha pilots? And for male pilots in the shows where females were allowed to be pilots as well.
I don't watch much mecha anime, but it seemed pretty popular: Evangelion, FMP, Gargantia, Lagrange...

2) Personally, when I find tracks of real life considerations in the story, I tend to find them funny. Of course, your reaction may differ, and you may find funny things unacceptable in the shows you like.

3) I recommend to never worry about shows pandering to somebody you are not. Otherwise, it gets really hard to watch anime meant for people who are unlike you.

I agree. It's just unfortunate a lot of stories have fanservice forced in, in a poor and / or unnatural manner. Often it follows tired old tropes and clichés, like falling into boobs or walking in on someone changing and having the next 5 minutes a mess of misunderstandings and screaming and crying.
I could very easily bring up a list of anime that had a beach episode which I enjoyed and ones which I didn't, depending on how they handle that particular 'obligatory episode' and how relevant it is to the story at hand. That''s the same for pretty much all forms of fanservice

Stuff like Evangelion and Schwarzesmarken have decent suits, because they're close fitting for all who wear them. I was referring to things like Cross Ange and Rakuen Tsuihou where they don't have trousers, or they don't cover the upper area -

Things like that where the males have full-fitting suits but the female suits cover very little.

I'll enjoy real life considerations if they fit nicely into what's happening.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Mar 23, 2016 7:54 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Just hit the forums of MAL to see
If theres a mission on this site just to bash ecchi
Seen a thread every week o-m-f-g
All u bros know wassup with Mamster-P

16 in the click n 1 is most bold
mamster is about to make the haters turn cold
now they whining that I'm flamin, it's a tad bit late
mamster n ecchi crew had to regulate
EcchiGodMamsterMar 23, 2016 8:26 AM
Mar 23, 2016 9:23 AM
Jul 2018
KonaKoffee4 said:
Gawd dammit you gaiz, op is right!
Bewbs are ruining anime, and we need to enhance the plot with more thought provoking tropes..

Get these daikamura soon Kona

OT- I don't care as long as the story is good like monogatari series. Nowadays with immense ecchi shows like shinmai and all, yeah, there are hardly any anime like those with good plot.
Mar 23, 2016 9:25 AM

Feb 2015
what's wrong with that ?
imo, i don't see any problem in it. you enjoy it, continue it, if you don't like it just drop it, DONE! IT IS SO FREAKING SIMPLE. please people, don't make it more complicated.

Feniksrises said:
Plot doesn't sell blurays. Only fanservice does.

and this man just answer eveything.
~Thread , End~
Mar 23, 2016 9:30 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
@kyutora

Rosario n vampire was fine

SAO barely has ecchi, the hell are u talking about lol?

The entire point of ikkitousen are the sexy fights n clothes ripping

HOTD is drawn by a hentai artist, so ofc its full of ecchi, that was the point, to make a dark humor zombie anime
Mar 23, 2016 9:40 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
kamisama751 said:
Hentai artists ruin everything and get off your echi horse you god damn it echifag.

Gr8 b8 m8 r8 8/8

Bout time you showed up lol
Mar 23, 2016 9:47 AM

Apr 2010
flannan said:
-Maz said:
I'm of the opinion, though, that if they're going to throw in fanservice, go all the way with it. Make it as extreme as possible. If the fanservice isn't going to be as good as that from an ecchi series, don't bother forcing it in in the first place because it's automatically worse. Hardly constitutes as fanservice at that point.
It might shit on the pacing and the plot all the same, but at least it's more enjoyable to watch.

I don't think so. A panty shot or a beach episode isn't going to make an anime worse even if it's otherwise serious.

EfiChan said:
After watching one episode of high school DxD, I stopped watching any anime with the genre ecchi. Why? Because if the anime is so focused on boobs, I'd rather pass.

I watched a few episodes of Highschool DxD myself, and even though MC's personality was too uncool for me and I dropped it, it didn't seem all that breastful.
I can understand it if a man finds fanservice too distracting and seems to forget everything else that happened around the fanservice (like some people who forget Mai-sempai from Musaigen Phantom World is anything but a pair of breasts), because hormones and stuff.
But I do not understand it when it happens to females. Unless they're into women too.

As I said, it seemed like it's going to go around boobs, and boobs are not intersting for me. Why should I watch it?

Mar 23, 2016 9:52 AM

Apr 2014
Ecchi For the win! Best genre in anime period!
Mar 23, 2016 9:57 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Milk_is_Special said:
Ecchi For the win! Best genre in anime period!

Not really a genre lol, especially since we, not the Japanese are the ones who decided to point out which shows have more boobs.

@kyutora

Uh... ok...
Mar 23, 2016 10:01 AM

Jan 2015
Depends on given situation...( in Valkyrie Drive : Mermaid it sucked ) / ( in HOTD / NGNL / SnS / MDwK - it was EPIC!!! )
Mar 23, 2016 10:06 AM

Dec 2015
xaos12 said:
KonaKoffee4 said:
Gawd dammit you gaiz, op is right!
Bewbs are ruining anime, and we need to enhance the plot with more thought provoking tropes..

Get these daikamura soon Kona

LOL oh my, I could never own that. My fiance would be looking at me like "da fuck you doin??".
Banner credit to @turnip
Mar 23, 2016 10:06 AM

Jul 2015

@Mamster-P secretly im one of those

bruh

kyutoraMar 23, 2016 10:10 AM
Mar 23, 2016 10:11 AM

Nov 2015
Mamster-P said:
where are the baity comments? how am i supposed to flame this thread without them?
Echchi is shit.
Is that enough b8 4 u m8?
Mar 23, 2016 10:11 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Lots of ppl secretly like Ecchi n just won't admit it

I don't see how a str8 guy or lesbian girl who thinks the girls in anime are hot wouldnt see all types of ecchi moments as a good bonus

Hentai anime sucks btw, so don't go there

@GesuYarou

Troll
Mar 23, 2016 10:30 AM

Dec 2015
Do you know "fan-service" doesn't relate only to the things you call "ecchi"? Watching some Gundam shows right now, fan-service can be simply the short return of a previous main character only to appeal to the fans (from the previous "generation") or the multiplication of mecha models higher than what the story can justify (for the robots enthousiasts).
Could alos be: the use of pseudo-scientific terms (or religious), the display of a lot of fire weapons or military things... to excite a certain group of people. (there are enthousiasts for a lot of different things)

Usually: I don't have anything against a few elements only present to titillate a part of the public, call it good "advertising". But if it start to be strongly present over the course of the show or even permanent, it will annoy me.
Ecchi in particular: again, nothing against it. To some extent. Overlargely breasted young girls wearing very thin clothes moving in particularly revealing ways in front of a very obsessed "camera" will break my patience very fast.
Mar 23, 2016 10:46 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
@kamisama751

Lol foh, I'd much rather beat my dick to some WELL ANIMATED titties of a character that I give a shit about than some shitty animated reused scene of some bimbo ass hentai
Mar 23, 2016 11:07 AM

Nov 2009
EfiChan said:
flannan said:

I watched a few episodes of Highschool DxD myself, and even though MC's personality was too uncool for me and I dropped it, it didn't seem all that breastful.
I can understand it if a man finds fanservice too distracting and seems to forget everything else that happened around the fanservice (like some people who forget Mai-sempai from Musaigen Phantom World is anything but a pair of breasts), because hormones and stuff.
But I do not understand it when it happens to females. Unless they're into women too.

As I said, it seemed like it's going to go around boobs, and boobs are not intersting for me. Why should I watch it?

No idea why somebody would want to watch it if he does not have a fetish for female devils (or wants to get it). They say it becomes more of a fighting anime later on, but I never got that far. The characters' personalities seemed unusual too, but they did not appeal to me (especially the male lead).

kyutora said:
Sword Art Online: Could had been so much better if they added more fights instead of ecchi.

Fights? The anime adaptation completely screwed up the fights, why would you want more of them?
(in the novels, fights are about strategies and game mechanics, not flashy special effects, and thus feel similar to Naruto or other anime about overcoming the enemy's weird-ass power with quick thinking. Somewhat similar to Log Horizon too.)
I think they included all the fights in the original anyway.

kyutora said:
Highschool of the dead: The worst in my opinion... At first i was like OMG zombies in animu! nice, but fanservice was really annoying cuz i really wanted to see the zombies mate. That animu had potential but nothing... they just fuqked the plot like "meh". Completly dissapointing also unfinished.

I think it had a good charm of its own, kind of "zombie apocalypse made anime-style".
And what are you complaining about? There were plenty of zombies there. Some even showed panties for extra creepiness.
Mar 23, 2016 11:35 AM

Mar 2014
Mamster-P said:
Ppl will find every reason to bash sexual content, as if the things ppl say it does to a show can't be said about many other elements in a show...

I swear if sexual content wasn't taboo then no one would care to criticize... all being taboo does is make ppl harp on things there's nothing wrong with

And despite having it been explained I still fail to see how the odd boob or ass shot in a "serious" moment takes away from it, like I never would've even considered that I not made a thread asking why ppl say ecchi "takes away from plot"

I don't agree that it's ever distracting, I don't really get "distracted" by anything in anime, I can still fully pay attention to what's happening and feel the right emotions even with a boner
You need to accept that there is a reason beyond social stigma that people don't like fan service. I completely agree that the way we view sexuality in the West is totally backwards but that doesn't mean I want it crammed into every orifice.

AS for it "taking away from the plot" or being "distracting", that's not something you're going to be able to understand because you seem to be of the opinion that fan service makes everything better. You just value different things in a show. Some people think fights are boring, so they don't like watching shows with a lot of them. Same thing with ecchi. Some people hate yanderes, same thing with ecchi.

OT: Even with the tiny amount of ecchi I've watched t's far more common for a show with great fan service to get ruined by a threadbare plot and pathetic action than a show with an amazing story ruined by fanservice. Valkyrie Drive Mermaid would have been some great fap material if it cut out all the fights and plot and just packed as much yuri action into every episode. That's the thing, ecchi serves exactly one purpose for me, fap material, and it usually doesn't cut it because if I want fap material than I want it to be 100% fan service and if I want to actually watch a show I want it to be 0% (sexual) fan service or close to that unless it seems appropriate (serious, all you need to do is add a beach scene and it won't feel out of place), or it needs to add something to the story, or at the veyr least be funny.
Mar 23, 2016 11:38 AM
Jul 2015
I do think ecchi and fanservice can add something to an series. Especially in most good series. I like it when stories include a hint of sexuality (cause you know life is basically about sex). It's just that so many shows do it badly.

Its when they throw out fanservice like goddamn Halloween candy that it sucks. Can we establish a rule that authors can only use fanservice when they establish that their characters are indeed likeable? And even then only sparingly.

If I wanna see half naked girls with no personality I can google "pink hair anime boob" at any time.
Mar 23, 2016 11:48 AM

Oct 2015
As long as it doesn't interfere too much I don't care. I haven't seen many current shows with a ton of fanservice though.
Mar 23, 2016 12:00 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
@merryfistmas

I completely see what you're saying, but the biggest problem for me is how disproportionately ecchi is targeted as the source of "ruining a show"... if there were just as many ppl saying other elements do the same I wouldn't even feel the need to speak, but I just feel it has to be the taboo factor why ecchi is such a scapegoat

Like there's pretty much no argument against ecchi that can't be said for something else, yet they always choose ecchi as the target

And for me personally, an out of nowhere ass shot is going to be hotter than a scene I expect, surprise plays a good part in arousal for me much of the time

@kamisama751

Yea I know it's surprising, but I actually don't watch hentai anime, like I said before, the kind of stuff u see on my profile is much hotter to me than a full hentai series

Lol at the pic, especially if I made that just to respond to me, ur best friend <3
Mar 23, 2016 12:01 PM

Dec 2012
1 + 1 = 2

When you take something I like and add it to something else I like, then that just means the show is even better.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Mar 23, 2016 12:20 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Idk, maybe I just prefer to be teased by anime more than most cause nothing is hotter to me than a scene I'm not ready for

Am actually more likely to find an ecchi scene in a serious situation hotter than one in a lighthearted one simply cuz I'm less likely to see the latter coming

Ans I LOVE sexy fighting in anime, that's like one of my biggest fetishes lol

@kamisama751

Loooll, my boi
Mar 23, 2016 12:23 PM

Jan 2016
lasterrending said:
I voted "No! Ecchi is Love Ecchi is life!"

For me, anime is a guilty pleasure. I'll admit, I'll often be attracted to shows because of the fanservice. Yeah, I'm one of those guys ruining anime for the rest of you. Sorry.

But seriously, I consider ecchi to be one of the three bonuses that can add to the entertainment value, the other two being sci-fi/fantasy elements and humor. It's not that I won't watch shows without these three bonuses, but they do tend to make them more enjoyable for me.

A show has to have a solid core of a decent plot and characters in order to entertain me. Ecchi/fanservice is just the icing on the cake.

I agree with this. The only time I was ever even concerned with the amount of eechi was in Maken-KI but that show just sucked and the only good part about it was the constant oppai. It was pretty bad well that and Samurai girls were awful.

As far as I am concerned eechi/fanservice in anime is what drew me into watching. I still try and add a new suspense/action/thriller show every now and then. But I started watching because of that.

I mainly choose R+ shows as I am an adult and like that type of unrestricted gore/nudity.

Someone brought up Cross Ange, that show was ruined a little by me for the Censored Fanservice. They should have just kicked the damn door down and went full blown but they showed fog-covered oppai the whole damn show. Not to mention only a few censored yuri scenes even though that was an underlying premise about it. That really is the true enemy here censored-fanservice
Mar 23, 2016 12:37 PM
Mar 2016
I mean it doesn't really ruin it, but for example in code geass, in the middle of the intense, tactical, well done mech battles, they show Kallen from a very *convenient* angle and sometimes it does get annoying.
Mar 23, 2016 12:59 PM

Jul 2015
Nothing can ruin a good plot (Not sure )
Nothing can save a shitty plot( I'm sure )
Mar 23, 2016 1:01 PM
Jul 2018
Fanservice -- and by that I actually mean ecchi -- isn't ruining anything, because ecchi anime is shit to begin with.

Now, if they start adding panty shots to Ergo Proxy or whatever I might get a little salty, not gonna lie...
Mar 23, 2016 1:17 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
kamisama751 said:
Mamster-P said:

Loooll, my boi

Go away, I am not gay and if you are then go watch Love Stage or Free.

never heard of lovestage yet you have...... is there something i should know about you? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@SofixTheDragon

I mean it doesn't really ruin it, but for example in code geass, in the middle of the intense, tactical, well done mech battles, they show Kallen from a very *convenient* angle and sometimes it does get annoying.

so they showed off Kallen's sex appeal during a "serious" moment.... then what?......

@Wensbane

ah the 2nd greatest troll has arrived

this thread is not about ecchi anime, its about ecchi moments in non ecchi oriented anime

failed b8 has failed ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mar 23, 2016 1:30 PM

Nov 2009
-Maz said:
Stuff like Evangelion and Schwarzesmarken have decent suits, because they're close fitting for all who wear them. I was referring to things like Cross Ange and Rakuen Tsuihou where they don't have trousers, or they don't cover the upper area -

Things like that where the males have full-fitting suits but the female suits cover very little.

These remind me of the costumes the girls are wearing in Daphne in the Brilliant Blue. Since all cars in the setting double as submarines, and the sea is warm, these are actually swimsuits. Adjusted for the fashions of the future, where girls wear even less clothing than they do now.

SofixTheDragon said:

In Shakugan no Shana, I just ignored it and went on.
(For some reason, panty shots in SnS happen only in intense battles, when Shana can't spare magic for her magic skirt (this is a common joke, not the official explanation).)

If you find it too annoying, watch Strike Witches. They'll teach you everything you need to know about ignoring fanservice.
Mar 23, 2016 4:38 PM
Jul 2018
@Mamster-P

Here's an open letter from Tatsuya Ishihara thanking people like you. Ok, not really.

Congratulations, you guys are keeping the anime industry afloat. Keep your hands in your pants, bro. It's for the greater good. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mar 23, 2016 4:42 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Wensbane said:
@Mamster-P

Here's an open letter from Tatsuya Ishihara thanking people like you. Ok, not really.

Congratulations, you guys are keeping the anime industry afloat. Keep your hands in your pants, bro. It's for the greater good. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

LMAO as soon as i saw the link i knew what it was

you do know everything on that website is fake right? XD

http://www.animemaru.com/about/
Mar 23, 2016 4:45 PM
Jul 2018
Mamster-P said:
Wensbane said:
@Mamster-P

LMAO as soon as i saw the link i knew what it was

you do know everything on that website is fake right? XD

http://www.animemaru.com/about/

Holy shit, for real?!

I thought it was really him, posting on some random shitty anime website!

Might as well be real, though.
Mar 23, 2016 4:49 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
@Wensbane

uh.... someone could've easily translated something he said and put it on the site assuming he couldn't write english lol, its not like he had to have posted there himself

sorry lol, you can never bring us down ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

it..... would've been funnier had the drop down not said what was in it......
Mar 23, 2016 5:26 PM
Oct 2014
[quote=Maverick69 message=45289274]
lasterrending said:
Someone brought up Cross Ange, that show was ruined a little by me for the Censored Fanservice. They should have just kicked the damn door down and went full blown but they showed fog-covered oppai the whole damn show. Not to mention only a few censored yuri scenes even though that was an underlying premise about it. That really is the true enemy here censored-fanservice

Absolutely! What's the point of having a show with an R+ premise but PG-13 fanservice? That's far worse than a show with a PG-13 premise with R+ fanservice.
Mar 23, 2016 5:28 PM

Sep 2014
But fanservice is always about boobs, nude scenes and stuffs? It's annoying

It can be various. Unnecessary bloody orgy and torture porn is fanservice for me. A creepy one...
For instance, I hate Rori Mercury because I just don't know what's the point of this character except to be the "batshit insane lolita with a big axe loving killing stuffs and doing sexy stuffs".
One of the few manga/anime I find It's well done used was in Berserk..

Or simply giving what fans want, even if It's going to hurt badly the story. Naruto the Last Movie is a perfect example is this kind of fanservice for me. Or giving non-stop badass moments It becomes stupid (Erza Scarlet for instance?)
Mar 23, 2016 5:36 PM
Feb 2014
Fanservice includes dementia and psychology y'know.
Mar 23, 2016 5:39 PM

Mar 2015
complain about fanservice in ecchi series? dafuq?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 23, 2016 5:40 PM
Feb 2014
Kuma said:

That's like complaining about "asspulls" in super power series.

Forget that, ecchi is an asspull itself.
Mar 23, 2016 5:48 PM

Mar 2015
Nico- said:
Kuma said:
That's like complaining about "asspulls" in super power series.

Forget that, ecchi is an asspull itself.
if you mean "fighting" in super power series, i would agree, but asspull, not really.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 23, 2016 6:59 PM

Jun 2008
The appropriate analogy to complaining about fanservice in an ecchi is complaining about the giant robots in mecha anime....

Fanservice is an easy scapegoat for "Type A" anime fans and piece of shit elitists.

Personally I don't consider myself type A or B....I watch whatever the fuck I want and I typically don't come to MAL to bitch like a pussy about things I don't like in cartoons unless I'm being sarcastic/ironic.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good?

arinthach - 11 hours ago

31 by alshu »»
6 minutes ago

» Why is netorare so hated? ( 1 2 )

Je-suis-lui - Apr 9

59 by Archfiend836 »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

81 by PostMahouShoujo »»
21 minutes ago

» Is there an extension that helps you fully block someone?

APolygons2 - 9 hours ago

21 by APolygons2 »»
26 minutes ago

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - 3 hours ago

9 by jieanteater »»
31 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.