Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 23, 2016 6:48 PM
Jan 2015
There's two worlds of this anime I will carry on forever: Getu seto
Mar 23, 2016 7:29 PM

Jan 2016
definitely underwhelming finish to what was otherwise an overachieving show. fans who stuck with it were rewarded with surprisingly emotional moments, good humor, and an anime with an uplifting philosophy of friendship. I've always felt a great story is not unlike a race; a strong start and finish can make up for a lot. I though this show had a great start, but this finish felt like a short-cut. There are a number of ways it could have been great - all of which would have dealt with specific details, while what actually was presented felt generalized and vague. I personally would have like to have seen a 9 minutes of set up, and 15 minutes of the final race, showcasing exactly how the main characters overcome the greatness of the super team. A moment of the princess daughter facing her father in victory in the end also would have been nice.
Mar 23, 2016 8:50 PM

Oct 2013
OrangeJP said:
Predictable ending, but overall I enjoyed this series

Same for me. Even though the story was a bit cheesy, it was still very entertaining.

I love this kind of lighthearted anime.
Mar 23, 2016 10:35 PM
Oct 2007
Have the DVD's been selling poorly? Maybe they had no budget to animate a final race
Mar 24, 2016 1:13 AM
Oct 2014
Would have been more enjoyable if they actually spent the episode animating a brilliant race. I was expecting some crazy stunts from hozumi, kuga badassery, hasekura bully running, fujiwara doing something incredible, and they should have went bananas with the riku x tomoe matchup.

Super disappointing final episode. The other races were entertaining. Why didn't they save anything for the finale?

Overall 6/10. Fun, but forgettable
"The only thing I still write is a list of people I'll never forgive" - Hikigaya 8man
Mar 24, 2016 2:23 AM
Oct 2015
6/10
actually this a good show but I was a little disappointed with the ending. I feels I dont want to Honan win..
Mar 24, 2016 9:46 AM

Apr 2015
An underwhelming finale to an underwhelming series. I just didn't get attached to the characters enough. I find myself keep comparing it ti Free, which had me much more invested.

I still enjoyed it and though it was refreshing fun, so I'll give it a 6/10.

The way it ended makes me want to see a shogi anime - which fortunately we'll be getting in the Fall!
Mar 24, 2016 12:02 PM

Jun 2015
why was this episode boring? Finales aren't supposed to be boring. Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm had more fire in it and it's a girls' anime
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Mar 24, 2016 1:07 PM
Sep 2014
It has ended. I watched the whole thing.

5/10 rating.

That is all.
Mar 24, 2016 8:34 PM

May 2014

Man, I wish they would split this episode into two, one for the buildup and one to show the whole race instead of rushing it. Overall, I enjoyed it, but it could be much better.

Mar 25, 2016 9:23 AM

Dec 2012
^Lmao that sports anime bingo

This was honestly the most boring sports anime I've ever watched.
And I've watched a shit ton of em.
Sports anime are pretty predictable but, atleast they weren't as boring as this.
Mar 25, 2016 7:40 PM

Oct 2012
I really liked this series... but the last episode was so unsatisfying...
ep11 felt like the end and this ep was just a epilogue or something...
i wish they made this episode better =__= i wanted to like this series more but the ending was so underwelming... i wanted to know more about tomoe's team...

overall 7.5/10
wish the series was longer and had more interaction with the other teams...
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Mar 26, 2016 2:48 AM
Mar 2012
Haven't seen many sports, so this seems fine. Liked parkouring animation when they actually showed the race, ep11 was a good, and the first match vs Tomoe's team was beastly. Ep12 really is a sorta flashback, closure, winding down which made the final match awkward & rushed.
There's some unfunny silly moments, cringe connecting, other times quite enjoyable character antics & relationship buildups.

Kohinata & Himemiya need more screentime & go double trap in that photo studio...
Mar 26, 2016 5:38 PM

Jan 2014
That was disappointing, underwhelming and totally unexciting!
I wished they flashed out the final race but I guess I expected too much...

Mar 26, 2016 6:13 PM

Aug 2014
Great Ending! I would like to have a second season just not to end with the final of the EOS. It's a very good story! ^.^
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Mar 27, 2016 9:33 AM

Apr 2014
I... didn't like it to be honest. 12 episodes were just to little to make me feel attached to any of the characters (not that any of them very that interesting in the first place) so the ending left me cold. Worse yet, they showed very little of the last game in order to add lots of talks about friendship, trust and childhood promises. I had hoped they would focus more on the races since it was a pretty novel idea for an anime but in the end that aspect came short.
5/10 for the series.
Mar 27, 2016 2:55 PM
Apr 2015
well this is the last episode . so? takeru not kissing riku after the last race? ( i am sure the game ending ended with kissing (with heroine) lol ) . i have urge to change the title "prince of stride ;alternative gay"
Mar 27, 2016 5:20 PM

Nov 2015
Episode 11 felt like an epilogue. I was hoping that they show the whole Stride between Riku and his brother but they didn't

Mar 27, 2016 9:38 PM

Jul 2012
Episode 11 was definitely better.

Overall, I was really pumped for this show but it just was... overly simple in the end. Yeah, brother issues. Childhood friends. Okay. That's it. Didn't present anything new to the table.

But, music, cinematography, seiyuu and art were excellent.

7/10
Mar 28, 2016 2:05 AM

Sep 2012
Man the ending against Saisei was way better than this. They really left out Riku vs Tomoe at the very end? Extremely rushed.. They also skipped all the training and somehow managed to beat Kakyoin in the end.. When they crushed the first time..

I do love track/parkour I hope they announce a season 2.
Mar 28, 2016 3:48 PM

Jun 2015
I watched ep 11 and then this and... I feel like 11 itself did better job as for closing the series. 12 was a formality, just like somebody above me wrote before. Still it was very nice. It made me hope for more Stride in the future. ;)
Mar 28, 2016 6:20 PM
Feb 2016
If anything, I felt it was under whelming, I mean the ending and we don't even get to see the final stretch between the brothers. Ep 10 or 11 felt more finalish if anything, but regardless I loved it.
Mar 28, 2016 7:58 PM
Jun 2014
I adore how the OST ~You Gotta Show Me~ played along throughout. Although I wish they focused more on the actual race than the emotions behind it. Overall, good finale for a great anime.
Mar 29, 2016 2:48 PM
Mar 2016
"You gotta show me" will be releasing? Somebody knows?
Mar 30, 2016 8:30 AM

Apr 2014
Well, That's fun to watch. And somehow I enjoyed it.
Anyway, I'll rate this a 6 (or 7) out of 10 score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Mar 31, 2016 10:46 AM

Jun 2014
pretty predictable ending, but i enjoyed it nonetheless.
Apr 1, 2016 8:13 AM

Apr 2015
i knew it they will cut the end of the race hahaha. It was very predictable.
It was a shame because the races were the most exciting part of the anime.

But, overall it was a ok anime. I had fun with a lot of episodes.

The negative part for me was the speech about how they connect emotions with their friends. After some episodes it was very repetitive listening about friendship all the time
Apr 2, 2016 4:30 AM

Dec 2012
Tomoe's smile when Riku caught up to him was priceless. This finale didn't have the same high stakes edge as last episode, but it summed up Honan's growth perfectly. The way they wrapped it up was peculiar, a good wind turned those pages to that victory photo.

Prince of Stride is yet another reason why I love sports anime so much. The sheer passion these characters have for their sports motivates me in my own training. Riku's resolve towards Stride made me remember that you perform at your best when you're truly having fun excelling at it. The parkour/free running aspect was awesome, albeit I wish they would have shown more of that in the races as opposed to simply sprinting.

The ost was also a very big highlight for this. That one track where they're like "You gotta show me" got me every time. The overall sensation I got is that this reminds me of Free meets Starmyu.

8/10
Apr 2, 2016 3:01 PM
Apr 2, 2016 3:36 PM

Feb 2013
Even though I have some mixed feelings on it, I'm giving this final episode 5/5 for the race even though the race itself was not really the focus (which is why I'm also a bit disappointed).

4/10 (below average) for the anime overall. The races were the only good thing in the anime, and they were not consistently exciting. I didn't really enjoy any of the characters.
Apr 3, 2016 3:04 PM

Apr 2014
Geez they really screwed up that last episode. The only thing good about this anime was the hype of the races. The characters, story, boys love stuff (I'm straight male) and animation were all quite meh and didn't interest me. But as someone who enjoys running, I loved the concept of stride, and actually got quite hyped during a lot of the races, even though they were pretty corny at times. So I was really looking forward to the final showdown.

We finally get there and not only do they barely show any of the race, they don't even show the freaking ending of it, which should be the most hype part of the damn show. I expected to at least get a rush out of the final episode.. instead I was just sitting there going uh... kay? They won I guess? What a let down.

6/10 for me, only because I'm a hype/running addict. Realistically the show probably deserves a 5 at best.
floater22Apr 3, 2016 3:20 PM
Apr 4, 2016 2:54 AM

Dec 2012
Maybe Pinstride should have just stayed an otome into the anime. I enjoyed the first few episodes but found myself dragging to watch the last few episodes to just get it over with. The ending was seriously underplayed and they should have just let it end with Episode 11. I could just have stopped watching at episode 11 and not even miss out by watching the 12th episode. I still don't understand the drama such as the KGB incident and this whole brother rivalry thing. I don't really see a strong enough conviction to why they feel so strongly about things like it. Maybe I'm too old for all these hormonal high school kids and their "connecting" emotions. I still enjoyed the otome game better.
allo
Apr 7, 2016 1:31 PM

Oct 2008
Just finished this show...It was OK!
It's just too much M-to-M skinship!
As usual Honan wins! because of connecting emotions...dope.
5/5.
8/10.

Apr 8, 2016 2:34 PM
Apr 2016
Finally got my stride club approved here in Florida and we are already getting spectators for our practices! Have a race against our rivals stride team in two weeks!! So pumped!!!
Apr 10, 2016 7:42 AM
Mar 2012
Why did I even watch this.
meh
Apr 11, 2016 12:27 AM

Sep 2013
The finale seems a bit rushed but I guess the point was put somewhere else so seeing it from that perspective, I really enjoyed the show.

Totally could relate to the friendships formed and the hardships they faced (group assignments amirite? ugh) A+ tbh. The emotions guysss ;_;
Apr 11, 2016 3:42 AM

Dec 2013
I actually don't like the ending that much, but overall, I think this is a good anime. The animation especially when they run seems great I just kinda hoping what will happen to Riku and Tomoe

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Apr 12, 2016 3:31 PM

Jun 2015
Such disappointment, it felt way too rushed and we didn't even see the match.. I was really excited to see these two schools fight but nevertheless I enjoyed it, it was fun.
Apr 30, 2016 11:27 AM

Jan 2015
He beat his brother Tomoe !! :D
Apr 30, 2016 1:50 PM

Apr 2014
music was great and prob the best thing about this series besides that one cute trap, the blondie and the clumsy megane.

all in all 4/10
May 3, 2016 8:37 PM
Aug 2015
I wished they showed more of the running part for the last race. The finale was kind of rushed... literally the race was only 4 minutes. I was so hyped up for the last race, but it ended up disappointing...
May 26, 2016 10:54 AM

Dec 2009
The final of this episode was alright, liked the last episode more. Felt this one was to wrap up the development of the characters. Just wished it focus more on the race so it was really rushed in my opinion.
Jun 8, 2016 10:26 AM

Dec 2012
Too bad that they cut the end of the race.
7/10, the OST (the main one) and the animation are very good. Madhouse made a good job.
Jun 17, 2016 9:21 PM

Feb 2015
ichii_1 said:

Tomoe <3

that looked super gay in the ep. like wat

Kewinn24 said:
I don't drop anything I just put them on hold but I can't force myself to watch a show I don't find interesting.

then that's basically dropping it....

oyasumeme said:

I'm really sad this anime is ending. I love how even though it's based on an otoge, we don't really see Nana being ogled at by all the males.

yeah, i was mildly surprised that they were all just friends. as a matter of fact i can't even remember one perv joke, which is so common in even the most family friendliest of anime.

Chuunichan said:

LOLOLOLOL DUUUDE THAT'S HAIKYUU ALL OVER RIGHT THERE LOL

except "main character is called short" isn't circled! lol!

ayreesa said:
Is there going to be a special?

https://twitter.com/pj_pos/status/714798994833027072

i hope so! i would love that!
---------
well from 11's masterpiece i expected 12 to be even better, but that's alright. i was a little disappointed that the ep wasn't dedicated to the race and didn't even take up half the episode, though.

the picture showing them winning was such a great sight, i loved it.

the ost was much to be desired, except that great rain song in 11. animation...i'd give 710.there were some moments when M/H could have done better. and i know this is weird but the SFX was cool, too. you know, the sound when they take off running? so cool sounding!

from almost the beginning to the near end, there was pretty much boring stuff, but i was pleasantly suprised whren the plot greaty improved in just one ep (11). for that reason, i was going to give it a 7 but i moved it to an 8. i rather liked this show. i actually just looked at it as an appetizer for the next sports anime i'm getting into soon (KnB), so yeah it served its purpose and a bit more.

word rating: good, lighthearted, easy anime for watching.
Jun 19, 2016 7:34 AM

Nov 2014
idk about a special but they had a fanmeeting today and some stuff were announced. drama cds (one centered around the autumn fest and one about galstan's first movie entitled "Be My Steady") and the live stage??

i'm just glad they're coming up with more material now.
Jul 15, 2016 5:59 AM

Oct 2013
Zemroid said:
Nice finale. I liked the 11th episode more, it felt more epic for some reason.

As for the whole show, I have to give it a solid 8/10. It had nice characters and character development, the races were intense and the show was really emotional. Had me almost in tears multiple times.

I felt the same as you. I teared up a few times as well.

Although was late in completing, i really enjoyed it and glad i finished this show finally.

Takeru pursuing his goal was really motivating.i really love the ost.

8/10
Mar 7, 2017 2:06 PM

Jan 2014
Meh..

I can't believe they skipped showing most of the race..that was disappointing!
Mar 22, 2018 3:28 PM

Oct 2015
Damn that was the most uninspiring sports anime ever, maybe it's because I was watching the dub version but damn was it awful. I will be lenient and give it 6 mainly because I was sick with all the shitty dialogue ( English dubbers kill anime for real no joke). On the story I didn't I enjoy much, like everything was predictable and when they won I didn't feel joy. But most all they didn't make me cheer for them, it was like finish already and let me start another anime.

The background story between Nana, Takeru and Riku was pulled out of nowhere and didn't stick well. Also characters were lame as hell, so damn I think I will give it a 5 on seconds thought.

5/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Aug 26, 2018 2:42 AM

Jun 2011
no.. lol, I laughed so hard when I saw the epilogue with Honan winning, there's not even a proper ending to the race, are you kidding me.

I pretty much agree with the top review here, ever since episode 3 or 4 the series is just slapping drama in your face, and cliche is not the issue here, it's the fact that there's no rhythm to any of these. It is well known that with sports, you gotta introduce some sort of character dilemmas or character dramas, and this show just throw them out to us without properly coordinating the story to fit said dramas. For example, we saw pretty good relationship between Takeru and Yagami, but at the beginning of the second episode they started arguing? Wat? It threw me off because there was no rhythm to the storytelling.

It got even worse when they introduced that shitty team with shitty relationer from the past, absolute garbage character with no redeeming quality at all. They spent so much time on that shit, and the drama ended with a preach speech from our kawaii relationer, that was cringy and annoying.

The whole nakama powerup win over Saisei is unacceptable imo, and this final round just makes it worse. "Riku runs faster when he's with his niichan" waduhek? At this point it's not even about any logical thinking, they just felt like it's only right to pair the Yagami with the Yagami.. smh.

I actually really like the first few episodes, despite being disappointed it's not a full on style-parkour competition but rather a pretty generic sprint race with parkour moves included which I still don't get, because doing that shit would only slow down your time.

Also avoided this show back in 2016 when everyone was fangasming over madhouse after Hunter x Hunter like they could do no wrong. A little petty, but I am kind of happy to see that the score for this show dropped overtime after the whole madhouse craze, I would hope people have come to accept that even that HxH adaptation by Madhouse is flawed.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 2, 2018 12:45 PM
Jan 2017
I wished they had shown how riku reached the goal
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Prince of Stride: Alternative Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2016

75 by vadoyager7 »»
Feb 10, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Prince of Stride: Alternative Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2016

53 by vadoyager7 »»
Feb 8, 5:11 AM

Poll: » Prince of Stride: Alternative Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2016

56 by vadoyager7 »»
Feb 6, 1:18 AM

Poll: » Prince of Stride: Alternative Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2016

72 by vadoyager7 »»
Jan 27, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Prince of Stride: Alternative Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2016

62 by vadoyager7 »»
Jan 24, 7:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.