Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 22, 2016 4:32 AM

Jun 2008
I see some mangakas don't have a photo here, instead it's a picture of some drawn character. What kind of pictures can be submitted? Would a Twitter avatar be ok? How about a picture from "about me" section like this one? -> https://i.imgur.com/gm4U5oF.png Or when the author represents himself with some chibi character in the afterword, can it be used here?

Also for one person all I could find was a photo with their hand in it, haha (taken during some interview). Would that be accepted?
Apr 3, 2016 7:34 AM

Jul 2013
Yeah, a lot of mangaka do not have pictures; this is why we allow self-portrait (drawn characters). If the twitter avatar is a self-portrait, it should be fine, as well as chibi representation of himself. But there are times wherein the mangaka simply draws a character from any of his or her series – which we do not allow, so just watch out for that.

kuchitsu said:
Also for one person all I could find was a photo with their hand in it, haha (taken during some interview). Would that be accepted?
Like literally just a hand, or we can see a glimpse of the person? If it's the former, I'd rather not, haha. x_x
Jul 20, 2016 2:56 PM

Jan 2010
But will those non-RL pictures be added if the author already have the RL one? I remember trying to add a "self-portrait" of http://myanimelist.net/people/6579/Shuuzou_Oshimi which he used in manga and it had colored version in the anime at the ending credits, but seems it was either buried in submissions or silently denied.
Jul 20, 2016 3:20 PM

Jul 2013
It was denied by another moderator. I don't see a point in keeping self-portraits if pictures of the people themselves are made available except for special circumstances, e.g., Hiro Fujiwara's and Takashi Nishikawa's.
Jul 20, 2016 4:25 PM

Jun 2008
Hmm. From a slightly philosophical point of view, the way an artist portrays himself can be just as, if not more interesting than the way he actually looks. It reveals a bit of personality. I feel like such things might be worth accepting, at least when the picture limit is not reached yet so it's not like we're losing anything.
Jul 20, 2016 5:18 PM

Oct 2014
There are plenty of people who do not have IRL pictures. Hatsune Miku has to have an anime picture since she isn't a human anyway (her seiyuu has her own page) and siro has a picture of one of his characters in front of his face in his main picture.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Character & People DB - Recent Merges/Removals ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

kuroshiroi - Dec 6, 2009

1392 by Naruleach »»
10 hours ago

» Tatsunoko Production profile pic disappeared?

EdgyEcchiSenpai - Apr 17

1 by Jhiday »»
Yesterday, 1:45 AM

» Character Picture Move Request

SimpleXtra - Apr 17

0 by SimpleXtra »»
Apr 17, 3:39 AM

» Character Picture Change Request

queserasera - Apr 16

0 by queserasera »»
Apr 16, 1:42 PM

» Picture Change/Remove Request

grin3671 - Jul 19, 2022

1 by Zuudachi »»
Apr 10, 7:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.