Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 22, 2016 3:02 AM
Jan 2011
Open ending?Or he gets with someone?
Mar 22, 2016 6:45 AM

Mar 2011
Story/Character wise, there is alot of wasted potential, since the author rushed the last arc, but it has a conclusion more or less

also, the mc is pretty much aromantic/asexual.

from an interview:

"In my mind, Oga is a boy mentally at the age of 11 years old and will stay at this stage for the rest of his life. I do not imagine that he will one day develop a romantic relationship. Ultimately, he will be with no one. The only human contact he appreciates in the end is his fist in the face of another boy."

http://www.unificationfrance.com/article33802.html?lang=fr

so for Oga, you a either a friend or a punching bag lol
LostHighwayMar 22, 2016 8:04 AM
May 13, 2016 6:28 AM
May 2015
LostHighway said:
Story/Character wise, there is alot of wasted potential, since the author rushed the last arc, but it has a conclusion more or less

from an interview:

"In my mind, Oga is a boy mentally at the age of 11 years old and will stay at this stage for the rest of his life. I do not imagine that he will one day develop a romantic relationship. Ultimately, he will be with no one. The only human contact he appreciates in the end is his fist in the face of another boy."

Can the interview be found anywhere in english? Also, what you just quoted really doesnt sit well with me. In sort, that makes Oga retarded (or some other more complex and accurate term) and incapable of living a normal life as an adult? Wtf is this, he will be at some point a 40 year old who instead of having any interest for a romantic relationship or something we will be interested in what 11 year olds are? Maybe in his next interview the mangaka will tell us he is even incapable to get his dick hard because of lack of hormones or something? Wtf is up with, this felt like a punch in the stomach, just like when he axed the manga, is he fucking with his fans or what? Him not being able to get more mature than a 11 year old is even contradictory with his natural born father persona but that is the least of it. Apparently the author wanted to settle that this wont continue and not making a proper conclusion is fine by announcing that the main character is a lost cause anyway?
May 13, 2016 6:31 AM

Jun 2015
TheBuddahman said:
LostHighway said:

from an interview:

Can the interview be found anywhere in english? Also, what you just quoted really doesnt sit well with me. In sort, that makes Oga retarded (or some other more complex and accurate term) and incapable of living a normal life as an adult? Wtf is this, he will be at some point a 40 year old who instead of having any interest for a romantic relationship or something we will be interested in what 11 year olds are? Maybe in his next interview the mangaka will tell us he is even incapable to get his dick hard because of lack of hormones or something? Wtf is up with, this felt like a punch in the stomach, just like when he axed the manga, is he fucking with his fans or what? Him not being able to get more mature than a 11 year old is even contradictory with his natural born father persona but that is the least of it. Apparently the author wanted to settle that this wont continue and not making a proper conclusion is fine by announcing that the main character is a lost cause anyway?

That was harsh. I think what the author was implying is that the manga was never meant to be romantically serious and the author stuck with this in mind. It's not like he expected it to go beyond high school life.
May 13, 2016 6:35 AM
May 2015
BeBackinaSec said:
TheBuddahman said:

That was harsh. I think what the author was implying is that the manga was never meant to be romantically serious and the author stuck with this in mind. It's not like he expected it to go beyond high school life.

I dont see how it is any harsher than "Oga is a boy mentally at the age of 11 years old and will stay at this stage for the rest of his life", especially if Oga is one of your favorite characters out there like in my case.
May 13, 2016 4:18 PM

Mar 2011
TheBuddahman said:
LostHighway said:

from an interview:

Most of the interviews I found are only in french (the manga won an france award, so I guess it makes sense that french sites write about him) bits and pieces of english translations are all scattered around tumblr. Unfortunately this fandom was always kinda small (and now dead), so we have to take what we get. eh. (most doujins aren't even translated/scanlated either)

Here are summarys of other interviews of him if anyone is interested:

http://thebibi.tumblr.com/post/104534206043/tamura-ryuuhei-interviews
LostHighwayMay 13, 2016 6:19 PM
May 29, 2016 2:57 PM

Jul 2015
That's really bad, i really wanted him to finish with that girl that like him

More topics from this board

Poll: » Beelzebub Chapter 157 Discussion

azeriraz - May 24, 2012

19 by Sesshomaru_ZD »»
Mar 16, 11:43 AM

Poll: » Beelzebub Bangai-hen Chapter 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

33 by Randomega »»
Dec 29, 2023 10:43 PM

Poll: » Beelzebub Chapter 240 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

SilentTruth - Feb 19, 2014

127 by Randomega »»
Dec 29, 2023 7:55 PM

Poll: » Beelzebub Chapter 238 Discussion

SilentTruth - Feb 5, 2014

49 by Randomega »»
Dec 29, 2023 10:20 AM

Poll: » Beelzebub Chapter 235 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2014

30 by Randomega »»
Dec 29, 2023 10:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.