Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 8, 2010 11:38 AM

Jan 2009
Jan 8, 2010 12:41 PM
Sep 2009
Not bad, not great. Pretty typical harem thus far, hope it gets better...
Jan 8, 2010 5:20 PM

Feb 2008
sephiroth6582 said:
Frostwake said:
The only good thing about this is Ami Koshimizu is in it, everything else screams generic fanservice show

And whats with the huge boob obsession that japanese have? Is it because japanese women are lacking so they feel the need to do this stuff? Lol its not attractive, theres such a thing as TOO BIG, specially when all character have them

1/10

oh the irony of using a generic argument to bash something you think is generic

first why were you watching this in the first place since you clearly dont like eechi go back to naruto

man what is wrong with you people do you make a hobby out of complaining? i mean i can understand not liking all the panty shots but jeus Christ you should have known what you were geting into, all this hate against eechi has got to stop its just retarded

and for the record nothing is original anymore so this is just as generic as any other anime out there

I second that... But about no anime not being original... That isn't quite true. We get some really nice shows once in a while with decent non-generic plot... Gurren lagann? Death Note? Code Geass? And some other shows that were pretty amazing and epic... Those are truly rare ones. We probably won't see another excellent anime in a pretty long ass time... Unless there's one out now. If so please tell me~
Jan 8, 2010 5:25 PM

May 2008
ITOU MAKOTO FROM SCHOOL DAYS IS BACK woohoo man i love his voice

compared to the other ecchi shows this season this is ok

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jan 8, 2010 6:00 PM

Feb 2009
This would've been so much better if it was a hentai. Seriously.

Since there aren't any interesting ecchi shows this season, I might continue to watch this. For health. You know...

(Will probably drop once I'm not bored anymore)
Jan 8, 2010 6:32 PM

Jul 2008
-Pace is awesome
-They threw stupid uncalled fanservice everywhere
-Shizuku :3 (Fuck the semi-invisible dress tough, uncalled fanservice again ._. )
-12 episode = really fastforward so they'll cut a lot
-Yuuto's seiyu can go back to school and take another job
-Himari passed from a e-cup to a f-cup = bad.

I can understand how it smell generic since the start is pretty much generic, the interesting stuff come latter, which maybe won't even come in this anime.

3/5 from me, the manga was way better in this case.
Jan 8, 2010 6:46 PM

Jul 2008
sry but imma drop this
reason being is that i was looking forward in seeing
Himari in full color but the anime just killed it for me
ill stick with manga >_>
Jan 8, 2010 8:10 PM

Jan 2008
It's not even well drawn fanservice..
Jan 8, 2010 8:47 PM

Sep 2008
im happy this season we have a lot of ecchi
cat girl
monsters
maid
ghotic
osananajimi
uma

he sure is going to live a happy life
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Jan 8, 2010 9:02 PM

Nov 2008
BitchMaster said:
If you're bored or are a NEET, this is some time killer for you...

Me bored and also NEET... so this will be some serious time killing.

Jan 8, 2010 10:24 PM

Apr 2008
ecchi is fine ... but as long the story line is good i wont say much

Jan 8, 2010 10:31 PM

Jan 2009
Man... maybe my memory is just bad since I haven't read the manga in soo long but... I don't remember it being a solely ecchi manga? I remember story? Ahh I guess not? I also imagined the main girls voice to be the same VA as saber. Always imagined a low voice that changed tones a little as she talked... (but I guess that's just an illusion made by the scanalators)... haha just one of those rare characters where you can actually hear her voice in your mind. I'm also not liking Himari's art either... she was drawn so perfectly in the manga... in fact she is one of my favorite in terms of art... lol I know it's probably translators/scanalators preferences but I have already grown to having Himari subbed w/ a middle english accent (I need to learn japanese...), feels kind of weird... haha but that's my fault of course... Haha what am I doing comparing manga to anime... manga is manga and anime is anime... but manga becomes anime because manga is popular. It was... kind of a funny I guess... I have a feeling it's going to be like Sora No otoshimono... there going to throw away seriousness the story originally had and keep/add the ecchi.... and put a lot of seriousness at the end and make a horrible ending that doesn't have the same feeling as the rest of the episodes. I didn't feel like Himari had much of a personality in this episode either? I remember her being a cold aggressive character? Maybe I should let the season progress a little more before making such accusations. Well fail or succeed I'm going to stick by this anime the whole season cause I liked the manga :D.
Jan 9, 2010 1:52 AM

Oct 2009
Vinhthehero said:
Oh Mr.pantie lover.........
You got my approval!

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Jan 9, 2010 4:52 AM

Sep 2008
Great music.
Decent animation.
Terrible character designs.
Beyond terrible ecchiness.

Was forced to watch this by my brother who read the manga.

I'm sure the manga which I've never read was a lot better than this.
Jan 9, 2010 5:59 AM

Aug 2008
That was the most badly directed and scripted episode i've seen in a long time..

Tayutama x 11eyes x sqrt(Nyan koi) + tits = destined for greatness
Jan 9, 2010 6:37 AM

Jul 2008
5layer said:

I'm sure the manga which I've never read was a lot better than this.

Yep it is.
Jan 9, 2010 9:40 AM

Sep 2009
So far this is nothing special but I'll probably watch anyways...
Jan 9, 2010 10:34 AM

Dec 2007
If Zac Bertschy (from Anime News Network) and I ever become mortal enemies, I have just found my way of defeating him. Strap him to a chair, hold his eyes open and make him watch this show nonstop. Seriously, this would be his Kryptonite.

I mean, after getting about two-thirds of the way through this thing I LITERALLY thought, "Wow, pretty much every generic anime trope in existence has been in this thing except for a loli character in pantsu."

AND THEN SHE APPEARED.

(I may watch this thing for the lulz, but if the first episode's any indication, this might wind up being the worst thing I've ever tried to sit through.)
Jan 9, 2010 11:10 AM

Oct 2009
Wow, another cat allergy straight after Nyan Koi?
I thought it was alright though, seems like a good time waster.
Jan 9, 2010 11:31 AM

Jan 2009
Wat ( ゚,_ゝ゚)
Wat ( ̄Д ̄)
Wat ٩(๏_๏)۶
Watlol ┐('~`;)┌
Lawl ヽ(´Д`ヽ)

First impressions:
Too much fanservice \|  ̄ヘ ̄|/
Too many big boobs ┐(-。ー')┌ Himari's cool despite that
Some good humor ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
Possibly promising story ┐('~`;)┌
Oh well I'll most likely watch it to the end anyway, I'm not one to drop things, really ツ
Also, Ranmaru's a cute cat, eh? *achoo* Ah crap (¬_¬)
Off to start on the manga then ヽ(´ー`)ノ [size=I heard a certain BitchMaster say it's good

Off-topic: How come all schools in anme/manga have some kind of water container on the roof? ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 9, 2010 12:57 PM
Oct 2007
Basically, there was nothing in this episode that I considered to be appealing. I can pretty much tell that it's going to become a mess of a harem show with some fights thrown in. Wonderful. Would love to be proven wrong, though.
Jan 9, 2010 1:47 PM

Nov 2009
samsnapshot said:
It was pretty good. There could of been wayyyy more fanservice, but I'm glad they chose not to put so much in. Plus, fanservice shows once in awhile is alright. As long as it doesn't become the purpose of the show rather than the comedy or story.

Agreed!

I read through these comments and there are so many negative ones. @_@
I thought the first episode was good. ^_^
I didn't have a problem with the character design at all.
I don't know about the rest of you, but I read a little about a show before I start watching. If any of you did that you should have know it would be ecchi, so don't act surprised.
Also, in comparison there are many other shows out there that are much more ecchi and plotless than this one.
The story might not be too original, but I still like it. I've seen and liked similar things in the past, so why shouldn't I like them now? Some stories are enjoyable even when redone.
Jan 9, 2010 2:52 PM

May 2009
It was good enough to keep on watching. Didn't have any expectations at all and I haven't read the manga. Yeah, it's generic - but most not a lot of stuff is very original anymore. The best thing about this anime so far is Koshimizu Ami!
Jan 9, 2010 8:04 PM

Dec 2007
While I don’t read manga, this episode was not bad despite decent animation. I will read the manga as soon as possible, and I will continue this anime, of course. Like Baka to Test, this series is probably my favorite series. Himari is so hot.
Jan 9, 2010 9:33 PM
Feb 2009
lol
Jan 10, 2010 3:38 AM

May 2008
Iam following the manga so, I am already familiar with the story.
I mostly enjoyed it as I did the manga. Think it was really good for first episode.
But there where 3 things that disappointed me.
1. Character design wasnt as sharp as the manga characters but still oke.
2. Koshimizu, Ami sounds to mutch like Holo from Spice and wolf, both voice and like the character personality.
3. I expect the animation quality to be better its oke but I just expecteed better.
Jan 10, 2010 1:07 PM

Sep 2009
Well I just finished up the 1
Jan 10, 2010 1:10 PM

Sep 2009
Well I just finished up the 1st episode and I have to admit that I'm not too amazed by this show. I mean I wasn't expecting much from a show with cat-girl samurai's so it's cool. I will enjoy the show for the fan service and love triangle. But I'm not really watching this for the plot. Should be a good light-watch show for whenever I've watched too much serious stuff. Although I have to admit I do like Himari. hot chicks, plus swords, plus cat-girls. Sign me up!
Jan 10, 2010 3:56 PM

Jul 2008
wizkid2029 said:
love triangle

triangle? No there's like 5 chick on the main character, that has more side than 3 XD.
Jan 10, 2010 5:02 PM
Jun 2008
What a lousy demon slayer....Demon slayer is protected by demon ...i Hope he can show some power in later show >.<
Jan 10, 2010 5:03 PM
Jun 2008
What a lousy demon slayer....Demon slayer is protected by demon ...i Hope he can show some power in later show >.<
Jan 10, 2010 5:29 PM

Jul 2008
gloryfy said:

Well he wasn't raised as a demon slayer but as a normal boy, that and his blur memories he didn't even know demon existed.
Yes he will show power later on.
Jan 10, 2010 9:49 PM

Oct 2009
maxime1007 said:
gloryfy said:

Well he wasn't raised as a demon slayer but as a normal boy, that and his blur memories he didn't even know demon existed.
Oh! O_O Sounds promising of him then. I want more to see that girl who kisses him with a crescent moon. That will be epic.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Jan 10, 2010 9:55 PM

Jul 2008
francismeunier said:
maxime1007 said:
gloryfy said:

Oh! O_O Sounds promising of him then. I want more to see that girl who kisses him with a crescent moon. That will be epic.

She wasn't supposed to be introduced yet since there's the matter with Shizuku first (The water demon from the end of episode 1). At first she's the queen of bitch but become bearable with time,
Jan 10, 2010 10:45 PM

Jul 2009
maxime1007 said:
At first she's the queen of bitch but become bearable with time,

Wow.... Seems like my perfect soulmate then...Hope she will go yuri in the future...XD

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Jan 11, 2010 12:42 AM

May 2009
BitchMaster said:
maxime1007 said:

Wow.... Seems like my perfect soulmate then...Hope she will go yuri in the future...XD

HAHA XD you mustn't take it personal!
Jan 11, 2010 1:08 AM
Jun 2008
maxime1007 said:
gloryfy said:

The fact you mention remind me a bit of Blood+ haha
Jan 11, 2010 8:16 AM

Jul 2008
BitchMaster said:
maxime1007 said:

Ahah xD
Hope make live... or they say but well with the way this manga is getting addapted who knows XD
Jan 11, 2010 2:54 PM

Jun 2007
Well the fact that I don't even slightly remember anything from the manga, despite my list says I've read a bit of it once only verifies me in my decision that this indeed was very bleh, hence I'm dropping it. :>
Jan 11, 2010 9:04 PM

Nov 2009
I havent read the manga so this'll probably seem better to me than people who have infact read it. Though even then it seemed average, good time killer i suppose
Jan 12, 2010 1:48 PM

Dec 2009
Loved the first episode

added to the watch list :D
Jan 12, 2010 6:40 PM
Aug 2007
Heh... it really follow the manga scene. Except some scene were not follow.
Jan 13, 2010 1:25 AM
Jul 2009
The first episode was ok, I'll go and try to read the manga now @.@
Jan 13, 2010 9:49 AM

Nov 2007
Pretty mutch what I remembered from the manga however I think Yuuto's voice doesn't fit at all it sounds to adult like and it's annoying me -.-. But except for that the episode was pretty mutch alright.
Jan 14, 2010 6:06 AM

Mar 2009
That was ok for a first episode nothing original but I did like it.

Jan 14, 2010 7:05 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Fail.

Horo's voice couldn't save it. Dropped.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 16, 2010 6:22 PM

Mar 2008
Didn't expect it but.. i actually liked it o.o
I'm okay with ecchi but it's not like i'm a big fan of it.. Even though it is ecchi, it turned out to be interesting for me.. D:
The art is really beautiful and i think it's worth continueing..
I have not read the manga ;)
Jan 16, 2010 7:02 PM

May 2007
Maximatum99 said:
Meh. Pretty much 100% generic for the first episode. Still have low hopes of it getting much better.
Thats pretty muc hthe show.
Bail out while you still won't rage.
Jan 23, 2010 8:45 AM

Sep 2009
the only thing that currently bother the hell out off me is Yuto's voice. it is VERY BAD!
it piss me off X_x the first sentece i heard from him and i almost wanted to drop this serie xD but i wanted to see more of himari :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Jan 25, 2010 2:24 PM
Jan 2010
So far the first episode connects with the manga pretty well. However, I felt it was rush a little and also it felt kinda empty. Some good scenes from the manga were cut out. The character designs so far looks good but not as good as the one in the manga. Yuto's voice was the most odd one compare to everyone else. Regardless of the small complaints, the anime so far is good.
CplancerJan 25, 2010 2:29 PM
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » omamori himari second season

animeking2115 - Nov 13, 2015

24 by Jeremiahdixonjer »»
Dec 31, 2022 1:10 PM

Poll: » Omamori Himari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Mar 24, 2010

152 by yveltalkyogre »»
Dec 25, 2022 1:53 PM

Poll: » Omamori Himari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - Mar 3, 2010

67 by off99555 »»
Oct 4, 2022 3:47 PM

Poll: » Omamori Himari Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Feb 24, 2010

64 by corvo_bianco »»
Sep 22, 2022 5:23 PM

Poll: » Best Couple Or Pair For Yuuto

removed-user - Sep 15, 2021

1 by RandomGuyScott »»
Sep 16, 2021 7:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.