Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 6, 2010 1:41 PM

Jul 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Post your flaming here (or praise?), according to how your psy works anyway....

First ep is average but it follows the mange quite close enough, the only complaint I got is about the damn character design that they decided to go with...but guess I can get used to it after drugging myself with geranium grown in my neighbor's bed...

Anyway, average show with some nice comedy here and there and moderate amount of fanservice that doesn't make you go bang your head with a Zweihander. Plot? Forget it, I bet til the end, they gonna go with a cliffhanger after beating the shit out of some female crotch lookalike monster and having the girls bury the dude in their bust anyway...

If you're bored or are a NEET, this is some time killer for you...

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Jan 6, 2010 4:57 PM

May 2009
JAY that was a great first episode!! Some parts were different, but still it followed the manga very close, covering the 2 first chapters, wasn't it? this looks promising, maybe there won't be any filler episodes at all:D

of course we couldn't expect the artstyle to match the beautifulness of the manga, but if we exclude Rinko, it was good enough, and so was the animation:)

5/5 of course:p
Jan 6, 2010 7:30 PM

Jul 2009
njasis said:
of course we couldn't expect the artstyle to match the beautifulness of the manga, but if we exclude Rinko, it was good enough, and so was the animation:)

5/5 of course:p

Damn right, Rinko and that head of her is just...arghhh... Shizuku design kinda ticks me off too but at a lesser degree because her red eyes are HAWT. Guess Suigintou...er, Kuesu, I mean... is the best looking thus far along with Himari ^^

Don't know if they will include that...

or not...

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Jan 6, 2010 7:32 PM

Apr 2008
episode one was good in terms of following the manga, but i'm a bit worried how they are goin to play out the rest (introductions are always easiest)
Jan 6, 2010 7:48 PM

Nov 2008
Gawd - that was awful! That was like a bad fanfic, but animated by amateurs.
Jan 6, 2010 8:23 PM

Apr 2009
well, it seems that this will be my primary bishoujo fanservice anime of winter '10.. i always need one every season..

but somehow, i felt like there are a lot of scenes that were fast paced.. and i checked it and found out that two chapters were covered.. i think that's good.. at least more will be covered even if it's just 12 eps..

haha.. i didn't read the manga so i can't compare the animation.. i even like it somehow.. anime himari's portrait were one of the things that caught my attention in the first winter '10 anime preview poster..

i hope that the episode forum threads will not always be filled with manga readers stating they're not satisfied.. give a room for us anime-watchers to discuss, too..

himari's so damn hawt, btw.. and she's one good seductress.. the generic non-main-heroine-type tsundere childhood friend is fun, too.. and it seems we'll get a deadpan loli next ep..
Jan 6, 2010 9:00 PM

May 2009
BitchMaster said:
Don't know if they will include that...

or not...

nope, but maybe in the dvd specials:)
Jan 6, 2010 10:08 PM

Sep 2009
Well... I can't really say much about the first episode except it seems to... uhh... focused too much on the bounciness... yea... But since it is just episode 1, I am just going to let it slide. I know it is suppose to be an eechi anime but it felt like they could've done better. The progression is a bit rushed too. I just hope they don't derail too far from the main story (Like what they did with Negima).
Jan 7, 2010 9:47 AM

Aug 2009
I don't like the fact that I'm getting hit by another main character with a cat allergy the minute Nyan Koi finished but, eh, I'll have to see episode 2.

Didn't really like what I saw. Seemed generic. The fight scene was pretty good though.
Jan 7, 2010 1:18 PM
Dec 2009
giggles1337 said:
Well... I can't really say much about the first episode except it seems to... uhh... focused too much on the bounciness... yea... But since it is just episode 1, I am just going to let it slide. I know it is suppose to be an eechi anime but it felt like they could've done better. The progression is a bit rushed too. I just hope they don't derail too far from the main story (Like what they did with Negima).

Well the episode only covered the first two chapters of the manga, which is ecchi. They seem to be increasing the jealousy of Rinko but the episode didn't deviate from the manga.
Jan 7, 2010 2:04 PM

Jun 2009
Generic show is generic, good chance of being dropped next ep.
Jan 7, 2010 2:13 PM
Dec 2007
4 out of 5 on a scale of generic-ness. Not really exempt of fanservice and boobs. No plot spotted either. Hmmmm, this one won't even make it to the second episode for me.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 7, 2010 2:36 PM

Oct 2008
I like the manga very much, and I am dissapointed... not. :D The've done very well in my opinion(except for Rinko ofc), and this episode maintained the same feel the manga has. And Makoto's and Horo's voices fits their new roles very well, too. :) And yes, it is generic, ecchi and pretty much plotless but if you read the manga you'll see that author isn't even trying to hide it - it was supposed to be, and it is, an ecchi harem manga, but with gorgeous outstanding art and some demon's fights. :)
Jan 7, 2010 2:51 PM

Feb 2008
ok so this is no nyan koi. but the plot is already too basic. its just going to be mindless fan service ect... meh.
Jan 7, 2010 3:19 PM

Sep 2009
Well it didnt seem that bad...it was normal for a 1st ep.

Still no signs of epic/like-able openings or endings from this season...
Jan 7, 2010 3:24 PM
Mar 2009
The only good thing about this is Ami Koshimizu is in it, everything else screams generic fanservice show

And whats with the huge boob obsession that japanese have? Is it because japanese women are lacking so they feel the need to do this stuff? Lol its not attractive, theres such a thing as TOO BIG, specially when all character have them

1/10
Jan 7, 2010 3:51 PM

Aug 2008
That voice of Yuuto was godawful. I'm still trying to mitigate the blood flow from my ears. I am just crestfallen after anticipating this for so long. Can even Koshimizu save this show?
Jan 7, 2010 4:13 PM
Apr 2009
Frostwake said:
The only good thing about this is Ami Koshimizu is in it, everything else screams generic fanservice show

And whats with the huge boob obsession that japanese have? Is it because japanese women are lacking so they feel the need to do this stuff? Lol its not attractive, theres such a thing as TOO BIG, specially when all character have them

1/10

oh the irony of using a generic argument to bash something you think is generic

first why were you watching this in the first place since you clearly dont like eechi go back to naruto

man what is wrong with you people do you make a hobby out of complaining? i mean i can understand not liking all the panty shots but jeus Christ you should have known what you were geting into, all this hate against eechi has got to stop its just retarded

and for the record nothing is original anymore so this is just as generic as any other anime out there
Jan 7, 2010 4:16 PM

Feb 2008
ehhh im really disappointed!
Positive:
+ they followed the manga quite well
+ First fighting was really good
+ I like the red eyes of shizuku xd
Negative:
- i hate the voices of Himari and Yuuto
- Graphic is crap comparing to manga, im was hoping for beautiful Himari in full color... She is much prettier in manga
- They followed manga, so Rinko is still as annoying as before;/
Jan 7, 2010 4:20 PM

Aug 2008
It seems like some people still think ecchi shows will somehow suit their taste. The fact that there are people out there who still thinks ecchi means no excessive panty/boob shots just shows how low of an IQ the haters have.

Anyways, it was pretty ecchi (I mean, it wasn't just voyeurism this time; they were pretty close to having sex) but still doesn't look too bad. I'm definitely going to keep watching this for Koshimizu Ami's voice :)

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jan 7, 2010 4:30 PM

Jul 2009
I don't like the see through dress.. of the loli girl, always forget her name. Lol
Himari's seductiveness isn't as welcoming as the manga, that's for sure.
Oh well,
3.5/5
Jan 7, 2010 4:36 PM

Feb 2009
I agree it's generic,but Himari is realy hot and provides good fanservicee so i'll try to ignore Rinko's annoying existence and watch it till the end...8/10 so far.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Jan 7, 2010 4:58 PM

Jul 2008
loved that they kept close to plot- boy meets mysterious girl; childhood friend gets pissed off; turns out mysterious girl is there to protect him; mysterious girl sneaks into his bed; childhood friend finds them in the bed together= roflmao
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jan 7, 2010 5:22 PM

Nov 2008
Meh. Pretty much 100% generic for the first episode. Still have low hopes of it getting much better.
Jan 7, 2010 5:29 PM

Oct 2008
awesome I love this anime.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_49H_N43jQ

#MakeAnimeGreatAgain

SAY NO MORE LOLI! BRING MORE GENRES EVERY SEASON THAN JUST LOLI
Jan 7, 2010 5:49 PM

Apr 2009
Ah, what the hell did I just watch? XD
Nevertheless, it was entertaining to watch. Hmm, I really liked the background music used in this episode.

Somehow, the panty shots in this aren't nearly as annoying as they were in 11eyes. -.- But SO. MUCH. BOOBAGE. :| Still, I'm not that much of an ecchi fan (if any at all), but this is amusing enough for me to still watch it. XD
Jan 7, 2010 5:51 PM

Sep 2007
Rinko the typical annoying childhood friend. Clearly Himari is superior.

A standard generic start to an ecchi series.
Jan 7, 2010 5:52 PM

Aug 2008
It was OK... Was basically what I was expecting.

Animation was terrible at times, along with bad sound effects. Can't see it getting any better then this, but still decent enough to watch.
Jan 7, 2010 6:03 PM

Sep 2008
I was looking for a twist serve...

...other than that white cat transition, pretty mediocre.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2010 6:30 PM
Oct 2007
Maximilious said:
awesome I love this anime.

+1
Jan 7, 2010 6:45 PM

Dec 2009
:/
+1 at similar to manga.
not much diffrent to the beginning, was just like reading it again... x.x

gosh.
Jan 7, 2010 7:33 PM

Jul 2009
It was OK..just some ecchi show so far..not expecting much story or plot at this point..not much laugh from me..Himari is hot..Rinko is annoying..Yuuto is another lucky bastard who get protected by girl..so far this is my opinion..
Jan 7, 2010 7:43 PM

Nov 2009
my God Rinko is annoying. Sometimes I really like tsunderes....but not this time -___- holy crap she's irritating

Himari freaking pwns <3 I thought it was a good first ep, followed the manga quite closely x3
Jan 7, 2010 7:54 PM
Jul 2009
The character design is what pisses me off the most! Compared to the manga, they were horrible. Hell! You don't even need to compare it to the manga to know it's bad. And what's up with Rinko's forehead?

Also, Yuto's voice is BAD! VERY BAD! It does not fit him AT ALL! Rinko's voice was just a bit annoying, but I guess it fits her character. >_> Other voices were fine/good, especially Himari's. Can't get enough of Horo! XD

My last complaint is that I felt it was way too rushed. Maybe it's just me though... =P

Besides all that, it was fine I guess. I'll still keep on watching it. But to everyone who hasn't read the manga, please do. It's MUCH better than the anime (though I can't really say much since it's just the first episode), at least the artwork is. Himari looks WAY better in the manga, and the other girls too of course! ^_^
Jan 7, 2010 7:54 PM

Feb 2009
First of all, nice cast. Yuuto is Makoto from Nice Boat er...i mean School Days. Himari is Kallen and Holo. Rinko is Nymph from Sora no Otoshimono (this is her second role).

Agreed with excessive boobage from the cast. Heck, even the teacher is ahaha...Passable fight scenes. And i also agree that Himari is much beautiful in the manga. Acceptable at this point, lets see what happens...

and to think just yesterday me and my friends were just discussing how a typical harem and action anime/manga starts. "normal" boy with childhood friend, suddenly meets a girl who has interest in him because he has "special powers", seduces him, childhood friend gets angry, and...you know the rest :)) P.S. The protagonist almost always has a friend in school who's an idiot.
belatkuroJan 7, 2010 8:06 PM
Jan 7, 2010 7:56 PM

Aug 2009
manga makes it look better.
Jan 7, 2010 8:15 PM

May 2009
Having enjoyed the manga, ep 1 was disappointing. Looks like they poured all their effort into the fanservice aspect and even that wasn't pulled off well. Yuuto and Rinko were most disappointing. It can only get better from here....right? Sigh.
Jan 7, 2010 8:27 PM

Apr 2008
Not impressed. I don't know why I bother with ecchi shows.
Jan 7, 2010 8:36 PM

Sep 2008
thought it was pretty alright...

Yuuto's voice was a bit annoying but the action scenes and Himari's hotness kind of offsetted it.

imma remain optimistic and hope it gets better.
Jan 7, 2010 8:37 PM
Apr 2009
cat, demon, harem, forgotten childhood memories, love, nyan koi allergy to cat has been transmitted.
Jan 7, 2010 9:23 PM

May 2009
... So, he lost his memory of his childhood because his parents died? Or something else?
Jan 7, 2010 9:23 PM

Feb 2008
I can't see any wrong with voice actor of anyone in this series yet, quite like the tsundere but still got a feel of this anime is not bad what your guys is thinking.
People that are only looking for a cool action anime, don't know the tasted.
Maybe I'm just being friendly but for me it is a few anime I believe is no good.

I found Nyan Koi pretty funny and one character I hated there is that tsundere girl, what her name again.
I'm quite really like the twins girl in there, this isn't about Nyan Koi it is about Omamori Himari.
It is hard to come up with something new and special since there is many good anime that are pretty similiar to all animes.
they really have to come of with something different from other anime.
I want more Mahjong, Soccer, Tennis, iGO etcs.

I just being hilarious now.
Let's get started then. :D

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jan 7, 2010 9:38 PM

Nov 2008
Blackbird said:
I can't see any wrong with voice actor of anyone in this series yet, quite like the tsundere but still got a feel of this anime is not bad what your guys is thinking.

Says someone with who watched over 700 animu. Suspicious...
Jan 7, 2010 10:06 PM

Nov 2009
Catgirl, guy alregic to catgirl, overly jealous annoying female protagonist, wimpy male protagonist, huge boobs,echhi, pantie shots, male protagonist stares out windows, lost memories and being chased by demons. You can't get much more general than that. It was a so-so episode
MashuiJan 7, 2010 10:09 PM
Jan 7, 2010 10:11 PM

Jul 2009
Not that bad for a starter episode. I mean, their is the obvious blatant fanservice due to the fact that it is (in fact) an ecchi show. However, the characters thus far are interesting and allow for a potentially awesome show remainder. Here's to keeping my hopes up, and hoping for a good one.

My Synopsis:

Due to trauma from the loss of his parents, Yuuto has lost his memory of the past. Their are 12 families of demon slayers, and he belongs to one of them. Himari is essentially someone from a family that swore to protect his after a vow was made due to some mercy being shown.

<insert loli demon here>

| Nothing is at it seems. |
Jan 7, 2010 10:24 PM

Aug 2008
Ecchi is fail~
Jan 7, 2010 10:41 PM

Mar 2009
Ok ep. Pretty Generic, art, story, etc. But, Hiimari is HAWT, and the fanservice is actually good, can't say that too often. Seems like it could be good, I'll keep watching, will drop if it doesn't get better. The fight scene was the best part. Urahara Out!!
Jan 8, 2010 12:15 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
absolute shit imo.
p r o f i l e đź‘€
Jan 8, 2010 1:50 AM

Dec 2008
Meh I love the manga, but I was a bit disappointed by this.

Himari is hot as ever though and if they keep to the manga she'll get even more seductive and the humor will improve so I'll stick with it for now.
Jan 8, 2010 1:54 AM

Dec 2008
Bleh, everything's just fine.
If u find an anime that follows the manga at a 100% i'll give u a cookie.

The only bad thing is the damn long wait for it to be complete.
Buried by greed and malice
Lies the kindness mankind tossed into the abyss
I am that greed. I am that malice.
And i am crawling back towards the light.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » omamori himari second season

animeking2115 - Nov 13, 2015

24 by Jeremiahdixonjer »»
Dec 31, 2022 1:10 PM

Poll: » Omamori Himari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Mar 24, 2010

152 by yveltalkyogre »»
Dec 25, 2022 1:53 PM

Poll: » Omamori Himari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - Mar 3, 2010

67 by off99555 »»
Oct 4, 2022 3:47 PM

Poll: » Omamori Himari Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Feb 24, 2010

64 by corvo_bianco »»
Sep 22, 2022 5:23 PM

Poll: » Best Couple Or Pair For Yuuto

removed-user - Sep 15, 2021

1 by RandomGuyScott »»
Sep 16, 2021 7:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.