Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 17, 2016 6:23 PM

Mar 2016
I never saw a confession more fast than the one in Bakemonogatari, im not saying the romance isnt good but it could have waited a little longer, the excuse of the girl getting in love would be by just hearing his past, that dont make sense to me, but it may be just me, i found lots of romance rushed.

Mar 17, 2016 9:42 PM
Nov 2015
OBJECTION!!!
*spoilers*

This anime called ore monogatari had a confession in 3 episodes and the romance is awesome but that one's a shoujo so I guess that doesn't count.
Anyways does a romance have to be developed for it to be good? In my opinion I don't it needs to be. And that's your opinion so I guess I can't do anything about that.
also, I'm pretty sure the light novel had more details about why they both fell in love
AnimeManiac123Mar 17, 2016 10:49 PM
Mar 17, 2016 10:00 PM

Mar 2016
AnimeManiac123 said:
OBJECTION!!!
*spoilers*

This anime called ore monogatari had a confession in 3 episodes and the romance is awesome but that one's a shoujo so I guess that doesn't count.
Anyways does a romance have to be developed for it to be good? In my opinion I don't it needs to be. And that's your opinion so I guess I can't do anything about that.
also, I'm pretty sure the light novel had more details about why they both fell in love
Im not saying the romance wasnt developed but to me it wasnt developed enough for a confession so quick but yeah thanks!
SomuchgamerMar 17, 2016 10:04 PM

Mar 17, 2016 10:07 PM

Dec 2014
Opposites attract, Stella is a genius who also worked herself really hard in the past but she knew she was has the potential as well as the responsibility to become strong. As someone with no potential and no one that looks up to him, Ikki believed in himself and went through unimaginable hardships to become what he is today, and she has overwhelming respect for such way of life.

She doesn't love Ikki as much as other way around though at the start. For Stella she was attracted to Ikki(on report it's said he has a cute face so it helps too I guess), but for Ikki(who would also be attracted to Stella, I mean she's the ONLY A rank blazer active this gen), when he was looking miserable, being mocked by everyone, and on the verge of giving up, it was Stella who told everyone to shut up and don't mock the knight she admired(Even Shizuku gave her respect for doing that), As much as Stella admires Ikki, Ikki also admires Stella, as she has basically everything Ikki wanted as a blazer. Now that person, an A rank and possibly the MOST talented blazer of this generation is publicly telling him how much she admires him, I don't think you really get how much it means to Ikki.
GradationAirMar 17, 2016 10:23 PM
Mar 17, 2016 10:10 PM

Mar 2016
AnimeManiac123 said:
OBJECTION!!!
*spoilers*

The romance is developed, but just after thr episode 4, what isnt developed is how they fall in love with each other, to me it was só fast, but i guess it was a move of the author so it could show to the public that it wasnt just a cliche Magical school harem

Mar 17, 2016 10:14 PM
Jul 2018
I don't think the romance is rushed for Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry. Yes, they got together early (just like Ore Monogatari) but at the same time the romance actually developed personally per every episode. Also the interactions and relationship between Stella and Ikki were very niceli done in the series. You can say its cringey, but at the same time, what can you guys expect from the guys who are in a first time relationship of course?
Mar 17, 2016 11:12 PM

Nov 2015
no, they developed thru the episodes/chapters and the moments between them are nice.

Mar 18, 2016 7:16 AM

Mar 2016
TheLittleRedHero said:
I don't think the romance is rushed for Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry. Yes, they got together early (just like Ore Monogatari) but at the same time the romance actually developed personally per every episode. Also the interactions and relationship between Stella and Ikki were very niceli done in the series. You can say its cringey, but at the same time, what can you guys expect from the guys who are in a first time relationship of course?
That is what im saying, the romance gets developed but to me the confession was just too early.

Mar 18, 2016 9:12 AM

Mar 2016
GradationAir said:
Opposites attract, Stella is a genius who also worked herself really hard in the past but she knew she was has the potential as well as the responsibility to become strong. As someone with no potential and no one that looks up to him, Ikki believed in himself and went through unimaginable hardships to become what he is today, and she has overwhelming respect for such way of life.

She doesn't love Ikki as much as other way around though at the start. For Stella she was attracted to Ikki(on report it's said he has a cute face so it helps too I guess), but for Ikki(who would also be attracted to Stella, I mean she's the ONLY A rank blazer active this gen), when he was looking miserable, being mocked by everyone, and on the verge of giving up, it was Stella who told everyone to shut up and don't mock the knight she admired(Even Shizuku gave her respect for doing that), As much as Stella admires Ikki, Ikki also admires Stella, as she has basically everything Ikki wanted as a blazer. Now that person, an A rank and possibly the MOST talented blazer of this generation is publicly telling him how much she admires him, I don't think you really get how much it means to Ikki.
Basically what you're saying is, Tell me if i get something wrong:
They meet, Stella get interested in Ikki because of his past and his goal (and that 6-pack) that was similar her past too,Ikki also got interested in Stella because he see her as his goal and because she is such a awesome blazer, them in the fight where Ikki was losing, Stella Tell everyone to shut the fuck up for the guy she had admiration and then Ikki fell in love with her, condess to her and after that her admiriation become love?
SomuchgamerMar 18, 2016 9:20 AM

Mar 27, 2016 9:23 PM
Jan 2016
I actually think that the confession was done well.
This is because unlike other mangas/animes/light novels where they declare infinite love and all of that, they start quite modestly by telling that they like each other.

It is obvious from the start that both of them find the other attractive, but is with their interactions that they become closer and actually find that have a lot in common and also have respect and admiration. Even their interaction as a couple once they confess is just a cute peck on the cheek from Stella and a hug from Ikki.

It could be seem rushed because it happens in 3 episodes, but in universe it has been quite some time with both of them sharing a lot of time toguether and being able to get to know each other better

Also, their relationship imo is portrayed "realistically" in the way that it takes time for both of them to start getting comfortable and learning on how to act as a couple.
Jun 12, 2016 11:13 AM

Jul 2015
I completely 100% to a huge degree disagree. One of the main reasons Rakudai did well and better than expected and even far out sold Asterisk which was supposed to be far more popular and promoted was because of not waiting last second to do the romance.

A huge fault for most people who like romance and watch anime is that they drag on and drag on through the series making pointless reasons and excuses that would never happen that delay confessions and the couples either never get together or do it at the last 15 minutes of the last episode and you don't get to actually really see them together or their relationship develop. In Rakudai they say they like each other fairly early on and start dating. As someone else said already they didn't confess they love each other or anything crazy like that they did it like anyone would in a realistic scenario and just said they like each other and started dating.

I and many other people as I created a similar forum to this in the anime thread would much prefer this more realistic take on it then be like every anime made just about where the guy is or turns into a dweeb with no brain and can't figure anything out or is afraid to talk to girls so it gets delayed for no reason. In reality people don't get together then confess their infinite love for each other as soon as they do [unless there like little 12 year old kids or something maybe] They date progress their relationship and maybe admit they love each other down the line like Rakudai.
Jun 27, 2016 6:49 AM

Jun 2015
I thought the romance was not rushed at all in Rakudai... in Japan, apparently, most people get to really know their crush before asking them out and that's why there's always huge and important confession scenes in anime. Though I don't know if that's really true or not, but it explains why so many anime/manga drag the romance on until the characters know everything there is about each other. But in the West, similar to Ikki and Stella's relationship, they get to know each other enough to have a crush, confess, and then get to know more and more about their significant other once they're dating. In the anime, they probably knew each other for one or two months before the confession, and that's actually a pretty decent amount of time for a couple who realizes and understands their attraction for their partner and would be more than happy to confess.
Jul 5, 2016 5:32 PM
Jul 2016
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Had both a kiss and a confession the very 1st episode, so no! I really loved that manga, & there's also a 16ep anime adaptation... Gotta watch it, it's hilarious!
Jul 8, 2016 1:18 PM

Feb 2014
Somuchgamer said:
I never saw a confession more fast than the one in Bakemonogatari, im not saying the romance isnt good but it could have waited a little longer, the excuse of the girl getting in love would be by just hearing his past, that dont make sense to me, but it may be just me, i found lots of romance rushed.

+1
I see your point and I completly agree with you.
I also got bothered by it.
TechOtakuJul 8, 2016 1:26 PM
Apr 11, 2018 12:37 PM

Mar 2018
As far as I understood from the light novels, it goes like this:

Stella is furious at Ikki at first, and also looks down on him. The first time she softens to him is when he calls her beautiful (in Kurono's office in the first episode). During their battle she starts to respect him because she realizes that he is in some ways better than she is. This respect grows when she wakes up and realizes that he has defeated her. Then Kurono tells her Ikki's life story, and Stella begins to outright admire him.

That same evening, Stella sneaks up on a sleeping Ikki and gropes his body, and it becomes clear to both us and her that she is very physically attracted to him. (This is a thread that continues: Stella is generally more physical and sexual than Ikki is.)

At the start of episode 2, a few days later, Stella has grown quite possessive of Ikki - as evidenced by her outrage at Shizuku's advances and indeed the very existence of another girl in Ikki's life. It is clear that Stella wants a relationship with Ikki, even though she will not fully admit it yet even to herself.

After her first encounter with Shizuku Stella muses (vol 1 chapter 2):

Despite saying he wanted to be friends and sharing the same room, why was he still not approaching her yet? Stella had prepared for Ikki, waking up before him every morning to mend her bed hair so he wouldn't see her unsightly appearance...

What if Ikki wasn't interested in Stella as a woman? What if she wasn't what Ikki wanted? ...

That would be terrible. She didn't want that. She couldn't allow that.

Stella resolves that she needs to do something to seduce Ikki. This leads to the infamous bath scene at the end of episode 2. (She uses the master-servant agreement as a cover story, but it is clear - especially when you read the LN - that what she really wants is to seduce him.)

Unless you insist on a very strict definition of "love", I think it is fair to say that Stella is head-over-heels in love with Ikki already by the end of episode 2, long before her big confession during his battle with Kirihara.

When it comes to Ikki's feelings, the books are much more vague. It is clear that he both admires her and is attracted to her, but it is unclear how strong his feelings for her are. Ikki is both monomaniacally focused on his martial arts and oblivious around girls. Ikki does, however, show great protectiveness towards Stella when she is being humiliated by Bischof and his thugs in episode 3, suggesting that he has strong feelings for her.

Before Stella's confession, I don't think Ikki has considered that any kind of romantic or sexual relationship with her is even thinkable. In my interpretation, he kind of represses her attraction for her because he believes it is both (a) shameful and inappropriate, and (b) useless and not actionable. It is only after her confession that he allows himself to realize that he wants her.

That's how I understand the early development of their romance. For my tastes, it is not rushed, but paced exactly right. :)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

481 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 2:33 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

339 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

209 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

223 by bakakisima »»
Mar 24, 1:05 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2015

190 by bakakisima »»
Mar 24, 12:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.