Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (23) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 17, 2016 9:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, the narrative with the hamster and human philosophy..

I find it kinda interesting at how the characters evolved a bit in the future storyline.
Eh, at least he survived. Better than a fate of death. I think one of the most noticeable part of the episode is Kayo having a kid, seriously, she has a KID.

Yeah I really feel bad for Satoru because of how much he is struggling physically although also admirable for his spirit. Eh one more episode left, hope they adapt the most important parts for the finale.
Mar 17, 2016 9:33 AM

Nov 2007
Hamster with survival of the fittest, I guess? And about that spider web thread to judge if the person to die or not. Coma for 15 years and mother always tending him. The last memory facing the real bad guy is blurry, but the whole going back the memory action and grown up time are forgotten (probably the effect of ripped film shown last ep.). The friends include the main girl who grew up with baby visited him.

After the talk with her, he wanted to get well sooner, so he decided to rehabilitate many. He also met a girl with cancer? Her surgery is soon and he encouraged her from being afraid. The teacher (now with evil expression as always and is a politician) visited him. It took a round of tapping made the last bit of memory back.
tsubasaloverMar 18, 2016 9:29 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 17, 2016 9:36 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
The way they handled the "flashback" for Yashiro-sensei was disastrous compared to the manga. They didn't show anything except for the hamster part... just the hamster part. You don't even get to see the younger Yashiro >_<. I guess you can say that Yashiro's flashback was ERASED. But then again, they don't really have time to do the flashback :(. For those who really want to know about Yashiro's disturbing past, since the anime failed to do so, read Chapter 32 of the manga.

Satoru went through a 15 year coma. Sachiko must have went through a lot. I loved how with adult Satoru they used his child voice for his thoughts. And it seems that Satoru has lost a lot of his memory, including ones related to Yashiro and the whole revival thing. Kenya and Hiromi as adults was nice. Adult Kayo! She got married to Hiromi and has a child. Satoru is happy for her (I bet some watcher aren't going to do the same XD).

Instead of Airi catching those guys with the camera like in the manga, in the anime, it was Yashiro instead. And they added a whole lot of anime-original scenes of Satoru talking to Yashiro. The went anime-original at the end. Also, old Yashiro looks a lot different compared to the manga. I can't even say how many chapters this episode adapted because half of it wasn't even in the manga XD

IMO, this was a pathetic adaptation. Yashiro-sensei's flashback was cut 95% and the anime-original take is pretty dumb. At least they got the Kayo scene right.

3/5
GoldenDevilGamerMar 17, 2016 12:44 PM
Mar 17, 2016 9:39 AM
Jul 2018
So first we get the hamster narrative. Okay, handled even worse than manga.
Next, we see him in coma. But the hell, kayo has a baby. Now that's some serious thing. We got teased romance, but the author just threw the developments away with a baby shoved into the face. I know it's 15 yr, but we didn't get a single interaction b/w them here.
And the rush. 2/5.
Edit- oh yeah they even cut some airi scenes which were vital. Great.
removed-userMar 17, 2016 10:37 AM
Mar 17, 2016 9:42 AM

Apr 2014
As expected, the director cut Airi out of the picture again, this time making Yashiro stop the photographer instead of her punching him.
Does he just not like her or something? Her parts of the story were always rushed in the anime, and in the last few episodes anything regarding her was removed. Guess the director really prefers Kayo.
Regarding the NTR, it was made even worse in the anime with how Kayo-centric it is compared to the manga. Just a big slap in the face to all the shippers out there, lol.
HonguMar 17, 2016 9:50 AM
Mar 17, 2016 9:48 AM

Mar 2016
Do you guys know what this is ?

That's right .They're smelling salts .

Poor Kayo X MC shippers .
Mar 17, 2016 10:08 AM

Aug 2012
moment of silence for those who haven't read the manga .. XD
I knew that
but still it's a bit sad :( at least there's airi :D
Mar 17, 2016 10:10 AM
Jul 2018
True_Ancestor said:
Do you guys know what this is ?

That's right .They're smelling salts .

Poor Kayo X MC shippers .

Worse is how the anime made it even more kayo centric and cut the airi scenes. They even named the ep "mirai", kayo's baby.
Felt like a betrayal to shippers.
Mar 17, 2016 10:12 AM

Nov 2013
That awkward moment where people thought this was a romance anime...

Mystery, Psychological, Seinen it is...
Mar 17, 2016 10:13 AM

Jan 2015
Aww man, it's not even that shocking as when I read the Spoiler anymore. Damn, I shouldn't read that Spoiler. But I really didn't expect Hiromi would be that "big".
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 17, 2016 10:13 AM
Jul 2018
szympus11 said:
I knew that

They even cut the airi scenes with satoru.
Mar 17, 2016 10:15 AM

Aug 2012
xaos12 said:
szympus11 said:
I knew that

They even cut the airi scenes with satoru.

well fuck i thought i'll give this anime 9 or even 10 but now because all that rush i'm not so sure
Mar 17, 2016 10:33 AM

Aug 2012
ColdBreeze said:
szympus11 said:
well fuck i thought i'll give this anime 9 or even 10 but now because all that rush i'm not so sure

I think many people will think so too after episode 11.^^

Of course m8 because no one likes rushed anime especially good ones
Mar 17, 2016 10:35 AM

Aug 2012
bastek66 said:
Guys, but seriously how should we all people who see NTR everywhere? NTRfags suppose to mean those who like it, but those who call everything NTR while hating it doesn't fit.

NTR is everywhere but with kayo it wasn't NTR because he never said that he had romantic feelings for her so
Mar 17, 2016 10:35 AM
Jul 2009
NTR is not the problem. The problem is that they removed the Airi stuff. She was supposed to be the key to unlock his memories. That was also buildup for an Airi ending. What's going to happen now?
Mar 17, 2016 10:40 AM
Jul 2018
szympus11 said:
bastek66 said:
Guys, but seriously how should we all people who see NTR everywhere? NTRfags suppose to mean those who like it, but those who call everything NTR while hating it doesn't fit.

NTR is everywhere but with kayo it wasn't NTR because he never said that he had romantic feelings for her so

It was teased quite a no. of times. Blushing while holding hands, "coming in their way" when they were sleeping, etc.
Mar 17, 2016 10:46 AM

Aug 2012
xaos12 said:
szympus11 said:

It was teased quite a no. of times. Blushing while holding hands, "coming in their way" when they were sleeping, etc.

they were just childlish things that child would do to protect a friend in need
Mar 17, 2016 10:48 AM

Jun 2013
I haven't seen an overreaction this bad since the first episode of Aku no Hana.
Mar 17, 2016 10:52 AM
Jul 2018
SakurasouBusters said:
I haven't seen an overreaction this bad since the first episode of Aku no Hana.

You know ppl are going to react when adaptation is poor. They cut almost half of the arc, the airi scenes.
Mar 17, 2016 10:53 AM

Apr 2013
Here comes the butthurt and the anime dropping drastically in rankings.

and yeah called the ending being rushed when they announced this to be 12 episodes.. the hate the manga received for its ending in my mind wasn't justified, but the anime handled the ending really poorly. Curious to see where this will end up in the rankings.
Mar 17, 2016 10:54 AM
Jul 2018
I liked the episode but holy fuck the rushing in this felt so damn much.

And looking through the comments in this forum is telling me that this is the downfall of the show or something. I ain't pretty sure myself.

I mean, I liked the episode in some way, but SOMETHING WAS missing here. Like damn.
Mar 17, 2016 10:55 AM

Jan 2014
Wanted to see some Airi, gunna have to read some of the manga after this is over I guess, still really curious to what will happen next week.
Mar 17, 2016 10:55 AM

Dec 2015
1idd0kun said:
NTR is not the problem. The problem is that they removed the Airi stuff. She was supposed to be the key to unlock his memories. That was also buildup for an Airi ending. What's going to happen now?

Exactly this. How will this end now lol? The key to everything towards the end was Airi and it was cut. There is no possible way they can redeem the ending unless they go anime-original now otherwise it just won't make 0 sense at all.
Mar 17, 2016 11:00 AM
Jan 2016
they removed satoru from the opening, wow.

Jan 2014
That episode went by TOO FAST. Still uber hyped. I want to see Airi again. :(
Her "mystery" isn't even solved yet!

Satoru from the opening reminded me of The Walking Dead removing Steven Yeun from the OP just to tease the viewers.
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
The hamster story and what Satoru's mother has done for 15 years are sad.

Finally....adult Kayo! As expected she is still cute even as adult.

So where's the NTR I've been hearing since weeks ago? Don't tell me it's about Kayo and Hiromi, it would be lame as heck to call that "NTR"

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 17, 2016 11:01 AM

Apr 2013
Cejara said:
1idd0kun said:

Exactly this. How will this end now lol? The key to everything towards the end was Airi and it was cut. There is no possible way they can redeem the ending unless they go anime-original now otherwise it just won't make 0 sense at all.
Yup this is the biggest issue I see.. I didn't feel the Kayo ending was NTR since the romance between her and Satoru was innocent and not really "serious".. but now that Airi has been completely removed from the story there's no way they can end this smoothly. I have a feeling the last episode will be even worse than what manga readers had in mind.
Mar 17, 2016 11:02 AM

Jan 2014
Does anyone know where abouts I can pick up the manga from before this episode?

Just reading the comments shows that they have skipped one of my favourite characters Airi completely. Also the beggining with her felt abit rushed, she just kinda disappeared.
Mar 17, 2016 11:03 AM

Apr 2013
RayAdha said:
The hamster story and what Satoru's mother has done for 15 years are sad.

Finally....adult Kayo! As expected she is still cute even as adult.

So where's the NTR I've been hearing since weeks ago? Don't tell me it's about Kayo and Hiromi
People call it NTR because Kayo x Satoru played such a big role in the first part of the story.. but really it's not NTR. It's the writer that put too much emphasis on the relationship between the 2 characters and disregarding it in the end.
Mar 17, 2016 11:03 AM

Apr 2014
they cut the arc that didnt matter boohoo

there is no ntr actually read some ntr before posting its ntr and ull realize this is just the natural flow of things
Mar 17, 2016 11:04 AM
Apr 2010
I knew it will be rushed so hard but man... Looks like it will be almost like anime original ending T______________T
Mar 17, 2016 11:04 AM

Oct 2012
They still changed a lot of content even if the episode was very rushed already =.=
Quite sad to see it become like this in the last two episodes.
Mar 17, 2016 11:05 AM

Sep 2014
Disappointing that they cut out almost the entirety of Yashiro's backstory, since that gives us his motivations and all...at least now I can see how far the show will fall from Kayo related saltiness. Glad they kept Sachiko being best mom, although that was done much better in the manga too.

Fun fact: "The Spider's Thread" referenced by Yashiro in the beginning of the episode is adapted in episode 11 of Aoi Bungaku. It's a standalone story, if anyone is interested in watching it.
Mar 17, 2016 11:05 AM

Jul 2014
HAHAHA, REKT. A-1 Pictures, you did not disappoint.

For those saying it's not NTR, you're right, it's not. It's more that the audience got NTR'd instead of Satoru.

But given how much the anime has been hinting and teasing at shipping/romance between him and Kayo (the anime is even more blatant than the manga about this), combined with all their relationship-building scenes, I think people have every right to feel upset. You can argue from a realism perspective (not realistic for Kayo to wait that long, and Satoru never claimed to have feelings for her anyway, and vice versa, and that Satoru's objective was to save lives, not get romance) that this is all acceptable, and I wouldn't disagree (especially since the characters themselves are happy), but from a storytelling perspective, it's probably not the most satisfying development for many people, also because we get almost nothing between Kayo and Hiromi in terms of relationship-building. And a side character like Hiromi of all people, lol.

So yeah, salt is justified. Keep it coming.
"Beyond the veil of cherry blossom petals blown by the wind - almost like their promised reunion -

Feelings pile up with the passage of time: once the torrent of emotions comes rushing down, what is the spectacle that awaits?"
Mar 17, 2016 11:06 AM

Jul 2013
I like how they were realistic of Kayo not waiting for a person in a coma for 15 years. But I understand why people are extremely salty about it. Not sure where the NTR part comes in. They weren't even in a relationship in the first place.

But why Hiromi? Even Kenya would've made more sense.

I also enjoyed the small detail of how Satoru still had his young voice in his mind after he woke up from the coma as if he's mentally still back in the past.
Mar 17, 2016 11:07 AM
Jul 2018
moodie said:

there is no ntr actually read some ntr before posting its ntr and ull realize this is just the natural flow of things

>that didn't matter
They skipped almost whole yashiro backstory.
Airi scenes that were key to satoru's memory, not this random bs.
The Komori

Mar 2013
The beginning scene with the hamster was just creepy...This 15 year coma really hurt my soul but I'm glad that Satoru lived however.....

Seeing that Kayo pretty much went and got married to and even had a kid with Hiromi of all people (Which is random af btw....Kenya would have been more believable even) really hurt me a lot lol...Like God damn that sucks

I wonder how this thing with pedo-sensei is going to work out now though
TokoyaMar 17, 2016 11:10 AM

Jan 2012
Oh wow, everything from around 16:30 on is anime original. That's...kinda hilarious actually. Guess they knew there just wasn't enough time left. And after all those reports of it sharing the manga's ending too. Biggest lol is how Airi's return punching the camera guy was replaced with the teacher! :D

Anyway 15 year timeskip. The big controversy that many fans will hate has been revealed: Kayo's "ntr." It's not REALLY ntr, and it makes sense she'd move on with her life and find happiness, but it definitely is disappointing to see, leaves a bitter taste nonetheless. Kinda hilarious that they changed the end but kept that in though honestly. :D

Best part of the episode was, again, Satoru's mom. She's easily the best character, and that line reading on her teary realization that her boy has awoken after 15 years was just fantastic. Good job Conan's voice actress! :D They got pretty artsy giving child Satoru's va his inner voice, flipping things up from the past, and removing him from the op. Well one more left, and with this anime original turn who knows what will happen?
animefan8800Mar 17, 2016 11:16 AM
Mar 17, 2016 11:08 AM

Apr 2014
Rushed but enjoyable, I teared up twice during this episode.

Still, I don't recall that last part with Yashiro and the roof scene.

Edit: They're going for an original ending I guess. Hopefully it won't be bad.
Mar 17, 2016 11:09 AM

Apr 2014
xaos12 said:
moodie said:

>that didn't matter
learn what an adaption is, its not a carbon copy. for this story it was good.
Mar 17, 2016 11:10 AM

Jan 2015
I'm so fucking glad I'm not a manga reader.
Amazing episode, again.

The saltiness in the thread/poll tho~
Mar 17, 2016 11:11 AM

Jul 2014
moodie said:
xaos12 said:

>that didn't matter

But cutting out Yashiro's backstory, in particular, is pretty bad, since that explains his motivations... cutting the Airi scenes is more forgivable, but not Yashiro, especially since people have been wondering about the "why" of everything.
"Beyond the veil of cherry blossom petals blown by the wind - almost like their promised reunion -

Feelings pile up with the passage of time: once the torrent of emotions comes rushing down, what is the spectacle that awaits?"
Mar 17, 2016 11:12 AM
Jul 2018
Adult Kayo has a kid!

Satoru finally regains his memories!
Mar 17, 2016 11:12 AM
Jul 2018
moodie said:
xaos12 said:

>that didn't matter

"adaption" lol okay, nvm. I really don't know "adaption". XD
Mar 17, 2016 11:13 AM
Jul 2018
what the heck they removed satoru from the opening, he got erased, guys!!

well aside that fact, this episode was... eerie asf to be honest
the roof scene, i knew in the elevator satoru got his memories back, i wonder what will happen now since he can barely walk and i assume he doesn't have a lot of power too to do something
last week final episode, duhh! it'll be over Q_Q
excited for the ending, i hope it'll be a good one

still 10/10 no matter how i see it, i don't care what people think. lalalala~

also damn at the starting.. "i'm talking about you, satoru *whispers*"
scared the shit outta me lol
removed-userMar 17, 2016 11:18 AM
Mar 17, 2016 11:14 AM

Sep 2009
Naa this episode fucked it up for me. I'm salting the score down to fuck it level. Will now read the manga chapters to spoil the ending for me because I don't give a fuck anymore.

Apr 2013
moodie said:
xaos12 said:

>that didn't matter
not sure if serious? there's a difference between a carbon copy and leaving out important character development lol

Nov 2014
Satoru was in a coma for 15 years?!

And why did he have to tell Killer-sensei that he had his memories back?!

A little rushed, but not bad.

3/5
Mar 17, 2016 11:16 AM

Apr 2014
aikaflip said:
And why did you have to tell Killer-sensei that you had your memories back?!
Original ending. Like Pierrot did with Tokyo Ghoul, except that A1 didn't excessively rush the manga.
Mar 17, 2016 11:16 AM
Feb 2016
Poor Satoru. I hoped Kayo and him were together. The solution to the problem exposed the las t chapter is really good, but not desirable. This anime is being so interesting and I want more each week.
Triscaidecáfilo
www.triscaidecafilo.es
Pages (23) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Yesterday, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1398 by Layreur84 »»
Apr 15, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2016

581 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 12:06 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.