Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 16, 2016 2:27 PM

Mar 2014
stupid kadokawa better sponsor more budgets to improve animation quality for the second season.
Mar 16, 2016 2:37 PM

Feb 2015
in what volume this anime end ?
if it's 2 or 3, the it is possible for the season 2 having a 2 cour ??? we don't even know when it will aired, probably 2017, or probably fall 2016. but i hope 2017 so that they can make it 2 cour for the season 2 XD XD
budget ? they need to care about the budget with that kind of sales ????????
sorry for bad english.
Mar 16, 2016 3:14 PM

Sep 2009
I am so fucking happy for mishima kurone.
Mar 16, 2016 3:26 PM

Jun 2013
awwww yeah!
i can not wait to see the next season!

Armisrael
The fate of Destruction▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Deviant
is also the joy of Rebirth ▬ ▬▬Beast
Twtr
Arael
Mar 16, 2016 3:46 PM
Sep 2014
For once Deen did something right... i'm so happy xD
Mar 16, 2016 3:58 PM
Jul 2018
Yasss more Darkness OwO
Mar 16, 2016 3:59 PM

Jun 2013
fucking yeeeeeeeeeees
Mar 16, 2016 4:47 PM
Jul 2018
joe_g7 said:
Havent watched it, but wow already?it just finished airing...is it that good?

BEST EPISODE Dude !!! (but not the most hilarious, that one goes to episode two lmao)
Mar 16, 2016 4:52 PM
May 2015
Alxanta said:
joe_g7 said:
Havent watched it, but wow already?it just finished airing...is it that good?

BEST EPISODE Dude !!! (but not the most hilarious, that one goes to episode two lmao)

I feel that the most hillarious is EP 8. The best haunted house Ep I have ever seen.
Mar 16, 2016 4:58 PM
Jul 2018
KaizerKoala said:
Alxanta said:

I feel that the most hillarious is EP 8. The best haunted house Ep I have ever seen.

That was hilarious but that doll ghost seems like Annabelle, totally freak me out lol
Mar 16, 2016 5:29 PM

Mar 2015
I think the LN's illustrator, Kurone Mishima, really loves the explosion ship!~

On the season 1 finish celebration post, she drew Kazuma and Megumin holding hands with interlocking fingers, while deliberately making Kazuma not holding hands with Aqua like Aqua holding Darkness. (If you read volume 5, you'd know why it's so special to me)

Her previous work for the new year special, also shows that Megumin "playing" with Kazuma's face.

Her pixiv account: http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=1184799

Mar 16, 2016 5:44 PM
May 2015
Hell Yeah! Can't wait! Omg <3
Mar 16, 2016 5:50 PM

Mar 2009
YAAAAAAAAAAAY MORE MEGUMIN
Well, it was to be expected given the surprising popularity it gained, I bet even DEEN was surprised it got this popular. Maybe they'll give it more budget this time around. Not that I'm complaining since they did an awesome job on this season even on a low budget.
Mar 16, 2016 6:26 PM
Jun 2010
DarklordVor said:

On the season 1 finish celebration post, she drew Kazuma and Megumin holding hands with interlocking fingers, while deliberately making Kazuma not holding hands with Aqua like Aqua holding Darkness. (If you read volume 5, you'd know why it's so special to me)

Her previous work for the new year special, also shows that Megumin "playing" with Kazuma's face.

Lol, that's making me recall the scene where
Mar 16, 2016 6:41 PM

Sep 2013
DarklordVor said:

I looooove Mishima's work. Didn't notice the hand thing though lol...
Mar 16, 2016 6:45 PM

May 2015
Just how popular is KonoSuba? Don't get me wrong, I totally love this series, but is it that popular that it gets a second season right after in the epilogue ending it with 2 announcement end card? *a genuine honest question*
Mar 16, 2016 7:04 PM

Mar 2015
DarkingDawning said:
Just how popular is KonoSuba? Don't get me wrong, I totally love this series, but is it that popular that it gets a second season right after in the epilogue ending it with 2 announcement end card? *a genuine honest question*

It literally exploded.

A constant 5k+ sales for each volume (volume 1-8) every week. That's like at least a +40-60k sales every week, not to mention that last month, it's said that KonoSuba increased in sales of 4x the amount before the anime is announced. From ~300k to 1.5m

See here for LN ranking sales: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1491717 and see the previous weeks to see how they have a steady all volumes above 5k sales each week.

Also it has like 6.8k-7.2k pre-orders sales on first volume BD, which is actually very big for a comedy series, considering that 1 volume is costing $50, not everyone purchases it.

On reddit, r/anime, the popularity actually exploded too. Lots of Megumin fanart most of the time. Not to mention r/Megumin (a sub-reddit) reaches more than 2000 followers, which is kind of big for a character sub-reddit.

On twitter, KonoSuba is ranked 5th on this season's anime followers. Just behind Dagashi Kashi, Boku Dake, Prince of Stride and Nijiro Days.

There was also a first popularity poll with 18000 people participated in it. Nisekoi had 17500~ people participated on their first poll, and we all know how popular is Nisekoi and their characters.

Hmm... what other sources that can proof popularity huh.... I don't know lol. I hope that answers a bit of your question =w=

Ohh I guess you can see how MAL loves this anime too. From initial rating of 7.60-ish to 8.02 (currently).

Mar 16, 2016 7:19 PM

Jun 2009
YES!!!!!

Thank you Deen.

Doesn't this make you hungry?
Mar 16, 2016 7:29 PM
Jun 2010
DarklordVor said:
DarkingDawning said:

It literally exploded.

A constant 5k+ sales for each volume (volume 1-8) every week. That's like at least a +40-60k sales every week, not to mention that last month, it's said that KonoSuba increased in sales of 4x the amount before the anime is announced. From ~300k to 1.5m

See here for LN ranking sales: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1491717 and see the previous weeks to see how they have a steady all volumes above 5k sales each week.

Also it has like 6.8k-7.2k pre-orders sales on first volume BD, which is actually very big for a comedy series, considering that 1 volume is costing $50, not everyone purchases it.

On reddit, r/anime, the popularity actually exploded too. Lots of Megumin fanart most of the time. Not to mention r/Megumin (a sub-reddit) reaches more than 2000 followers, which is kind of big for a character sub-reddit.

On twitter, KonoSuba is ranked 5th on this season's anime followers. Just behind Dagashi Kashi, Boku Dake, Prince of Stride and Nijiro Days.

There was also a first popularity poll with 18000 people participated in it. Nisekoi had 17500~ people participated on their first poll, and we all know how popular is Nisekoi and their characters.

Hmm... what other sources that can proof popularity huh.... I don't know lol. I hope that answers a bit of your question =w=

Ohh I guess you can see how MAL loves this anime too. From initial rating of 7.60-ish to 8.02 (currently).

Hopefully with the huge explosion, there will actually be KonoSuba product being made. So far, I had to get my stuff custom printed which can get expensive.
Mar 16, 2016 7:35 PM

Mar 2015
LazyLuong said:

Hopefully with the huge explosion, there will actually be KonoSuba product being made. So far, I had to get my stuff custom printed which can get expensive.

I know there is an upcoming KonoSuba T-shirts, one of the special ones is Megumin's T-shirt with Takahashi Rie's (Megumin's VA) signature (not a real real signature, but more like a print of a signature copy on the T-shirt.

Also Aqua and Megumin's figure is on the way too.

Mar 16, 2016 8:04 PM

Sep 2012
I am so happy to see that season two is confirmed! I was a little sad knowing it was coming to an end really soon but now I am all better.
"All I wanna do is walk my own path, I wanna find my own way!" - Kisara Nanjo
Mar 16, 2016 8:14 PM

Sep 2015
When I saw that 2nd season confirmed screen at the end I was so happy. Cannot wait, one of my favorite comedies and definitely best of the season contender.
Mar 16, 2016 8:45 PM

Oct 2014
SkullProX said:

@Revvie-chan Maou-sama might be expensive, but the sales of both the novels-boost from the anime, and the anime itself were insane, i'm sure they made huge profit with it...

But is it even worth it according to profit - cost relation curve? Maou-sama
They got economy calculation, too, you know?
Mar 16, 2016 8:49 PM

Mar 2009
Great announcement.

Studio Deen kicking some serious ass lately. This must be some strange bizarro world or something. I can't believe it.
Mar 16, 2016 9:14 PM
Mar 2016
the best comedy of the month for me
starting to grow fond with kazuma seiyuu, i think he handle kazuma character really well, successfully make me burst to laugh many times, especially at the times when kazuma and darkness bathe together, kazuma expression and voices seems so perfectly synchronized, and megumin too.
Mar 16, 2016 9:59 PM
Jan 2016
It would be great if the season 2 using kyotoanimation or feel.
Mar 16, 2016 10:04 PM

Jun 2013
Good news!!
I just hope they will improve the animation. This anime + better animation = best.
Mar 16, 2016 11:27 PM

Dec 2015
FUCK YEAH! MORE AWKWARD FACE EXPRESSIONS AND MEGUMIN!
Mar 17, 2016 12:12 AM

Aug 2009
Deen saving the fuck out of Anime like a bawss

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Mar 17, 2016 12:19 AM

Dec 2015
It's annoying to see shows like these get sequels, but as I mentioned in the news thread, congratulations to the fans. I just hope that the story will replace Kazuma with a morally correct and just overall better protagonist. I won't try to dampen your hype though, I now know that people are fine with discrimination so long as it's uses the excuse that it's just humour.
Mar 17, 2016 12:28 AM

May 2015
DarklordVor said:
DarkingDawning said:

It literally exploded.

Whoa... that's a lot of info! Thanks! I can definitely see why DEEN trusts to make a second season now. This anime is so awesome in popularity!
Mar 17, 2016 12:51 AM

Mar 2015
DarkingDawning said:

Whoa... that's a lot of info! Thanks! I can definitely see why DEEN trusts to make a second season now. This anime is so awesome in popularity!

Well if you want to know more, KonoSuba's second season announcement is ranked 10th on r/Anime top posts. This means that KonoSuba is the top anime that is hyped over for the second season announcement (the One Punch Man does not count because it's not a second season announcement) on a reddit section of anime community.

Also it's only 14 hours so it could probably break 7th or 8th highest post in r/anime. KonoSuba is just a blessing! Haters gonna hate~

KonoSuba also won in multiple anime season polls like Anime Trending on FB had KonoSuba on #1 for 2 whole weeks, before getting beaten up to #2 or #3 by Erased. These guys' poll are quite popular with a constant of 2000-5000-ish voters every week. https://www.facebook.com/Anitrendz/?fref=nf

Mar 17, 2016 2:16 AM

Aug 2014
Woah Deen...
I didn't expect this..

Thank you for S2.
Mar 17, 2016 2:27 AM

Oct 2009
Oh thanks to world/god/aqua it's just so right thing to do! God bless MEGUMIN and her VA
Mar 17, 2016 3:22 AM

Jul 2014
SkullProX said:
bacapo said:
You are not believe in DEEN, go blame madhouse and whitefox studio !
In the beginning this was the lowest hyped anime, no one expecting this successful.
Good job DEEN.
Praise Aqua-sama !

I still dont get the hype, looks like another generic harem...

You look like a faggot, but we shouldn't judge everything by it's cover. ¯_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 17, 2016 3:36 AM
Nov 2015
CherryLover said:
It's annoying to see shows like these get sequels, but as I mentioned in the news thread, congratulations to the fans. I just hope that the story will replace Kazuma with a morally correct and just overall better protagonist. I won't try to dampen your hype though, I now know that people are fine with discrimination so long as it's uses the excuse that it's just humour.

Why does he need to be replaced because of that?.. part of the charm is that is that he thinks selfishly and does whatever he wants. It is completely boring to have a goody two shoe MC that seems to plague most shows these days.
Mar 17, 2016 3:38 AM

Mar 2015
Rejoice rejoice! I hope for a little romance lol.

Now only for Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka season 3. (Waits in darkness)
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
Mar 17, 2016 3:39 AM

Jan 2015
@Levii-san
The fanboyness is strong in you.
Mar 17, 2016 3:50 AM

Jul 2014
SkullProX said:
@Levii-san
The fanboyness is strong in you.

I don't know man, I just used your logic to get to this result ;3
Mar 17, 2016 4:14 AM

Oct 2014
DarklordVor said:
DarkingDawning said:

It literally exploded.

I'm going to be a bastard and ruin the fun:

- +5k per vol per week is considerably low for the size of the hype, you know?

- The preorder number is standard for a good comedy series. But it's nowhere near special.
Well, at the least a lot of people thinks it's good comedy series. I hope it can get to 10-12k at least.

- The twitter followers... not going to be an asshole on this one.

- That anitrendz thing... is shit. :P

I don't follow reddit, btw, so won't make comment about it.
and Nisekoi's first popularity poll was done before the anime aired, if I remember right, and we all agree how effective anime is in terms of advertising. (that's why even already-famous works still has anime adaptation.)
Mar 17, 2016 5:48 AM

Jan 2016
DarklordVor said:
LazyLuong said:

I know there is an upcoming KonoSuba T-shirts, one of the special ones is Megumin's T-shirt with Takahashi Rie's (Megumin's VA) signature (not a real real signature, but more like a print of a signature copy on the T-shirt.

Also Aqua and Megumin's figure is on the way too.

how can i buy this if im in NA?
Mar 17, 2016 6:32 AM
Jun 2010
I get my stuff from Japan through sites like CDJapan . If you know any other, let me know =)

Still waiting on my pre-order of S.H.Figuarts Body Kun, S.H.Figuarts Body Chan, and their DX Set counter parts ^^; They are my posing model for drawing, heh.
LazyLuongMar 17, 2016 6:38 AM
Mar 17, 2016 6:55 AM

Dec 2012
bout time DEEN did something right :P
Mar 17, 2016 10:26 AM

Jan 2016
CherryLover said:

well if you like those kind of MC then this anime is really not for you.And for your information those kind of MC has increased a lot lately in the LN adaptation anime so having a MC like Kazuma which has a rare personality compared to those MCs that you like just increase the popularity of the anime.

About the topic, I think that season 2 will be on summer at least because volume 3 contents will be a parody of an anime that will aired during spring if you know what I mean.

Also one more thing to say to KonoSuba haters . TAKE THAT!!!
Mar 17, 2016 10:56 AM
Jul 2018
damn that DEEN nigga did it again anyways yay :3
Mar 17, 2016 11:11 AM

Mar 2015
Revvie-chan said:

I'm going to be a bastard and ruin the fun:

- +5k per vol per week is considerably low for the size of the hype, you know?

- The preorder number is standard for a good comedy series. But it's nowhere near special.
Well, at the least a lot of people thinks it's good comedy series. I hope it can get to 10-12k at least.

- The twitter followers... not going to be an asshole on this one.

- That anitrendz thing... is shit. :P

I don't follow reddit, btw, so won't make comment about it.
and Nisekoi's first popularity poll was done before the anime aired, if I remember right, and we all agree how effective anime is in terms of advertising. (that's why even already-famous works still has anime adaptation.)

Aww you're totally ruining my fun :3

Well, I'd say that a constant 5k increase is great, After all it's not a well-known series (selling only 300k out of 8 volumes before the anime). Though of course, it's low, but for this season's sales, it's quite big.

The number of sales for BD is also a little special to me, since the pre-orders number is the #1 on this season's anime pre-orders.

Ya anitrendz is shit, but I don't know any other voting website lol.

Well to be fair, when KonoSuba's poll ended, it was only on episode 2. Which Megumin's debut, so the poll's result should not have been affected by much. Unless there's thousands of people decided to do voting right after episode 2 ends, but who knows?

Mar 17, 2016 11:38 AM

Oct 2015
I am seriously happy, Its really hard getting two seasons of an anime nowadays
Mar 17, 2016 12:13 PM

Oct 2014
DarklordVor said:

Well to be fair, when KonoSuba's poll ended, it was only on episode 2. Which Megumin's debut, so the poll's result should not have been affected by much. Unless there's thousands of people decided to do voting right after episode 2 ends, but who knows?

more like niconico people would flock.
but I don't think the result will change, anyway. The boost probably did nothing but further underline Megumin as the better of the "more-developed main heroines"
Apr 3, 2016 11:24 PM
Aug 2015
Yes i'm Kazuma
XD had me laughing everytime

I need the release date for season 2
Apr 5, 2016 6:58 AM

Nov 2014
Really, I thought season 1 was obviously too short, good thing there is another one coming xD
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Netflix English subs are garbage - Crunchyroll is way better

Logikx - Apr 16

16 by Normie_X-2 »»
9 hours ago

» Who will end up with Kazuma ?

lightning_angad7 - Apr 3

24 by rohan121 »»
Apr 8, 11:28 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2016

415 by HomelessWzrd »»
Apr 7, 4:59 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2016

371 by 0451 »»
Apr 4, 11:02 AM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2016

225 by 0451 »»
Apr 3, 8:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.