Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 23, 2016 9:12 PM

Jul 2014
Crunchyroll's manga library has been keeping me busy
May 25, 2016 6:53 AM
Apr 2013
I prefer reading from the physical copy of a manga ,but, as a rule, i first read them online and if something's worth buying, i buy it. I consider it as an investment and as a thank you towards the mangaka! Be it physical or digital i usually read in a silent environment. In general, i've re-read ALL the manga i've bought quite a few times. The most depressing thing is wanting to add a manga to my collection and (sadly) finding out it's not been published on english.....in such a case....i stick with online!
May 25, 2016 7:42 AM

Mar 2016
i only read manga in internet if i don't have other choices.. But its 100% better the physycal way
May 28, 2016 9:30 AM

May 2016
I'm a serial buyer of physical manga, unfortunately for my bank account, because I started off by buying Naruto in tankobon format when I was 16. Then when I started getting into Bleach, One Piece etc I started buying them too. Now though I read one or two chapters on MangaFox before I buy anything so I don't waste room/cash on manga that don't interest me. Tankobon are also so much nicer to hold, and it gives me more of an appreciation for what goes into making such a work of art, therefore I enjoy the series more. Gonna have to stop after the Holy Shonen Trinity tho because well, room :P

HOWEVER a huge exception is the Viz 3-in-1 books, the paper quality is too poor and you don't get as much of an idea of the original cover art. But if someone's low on room and low on funds, then I'd recommend them because it's still nice to own something :)

I read them either during the day when I have free time in between uni work or at night before bed.

Also my brain can't process everything on the page while listening to music, so I listen to music separately. Because I actually want to appreciate what I'm reading and listening to.
May 28, 2016 10:41 AM

Aug 2013
Same here, if I have alot of budget I probably get those manga on the bookstore.
Since, I don't need to waste my money so, I decided to download 2 apps that I trust mangarock for manga & webtoon for manwha. sometime I usually used other site like manga.go & bato.to! It really worth trying!
"There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever
enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker,
or smarter. Everything is within.
Everything is exists.
Seek nothing outside of yourself
" - Musashi
miyamoto
May 28, 2016 6:40 PM

Aug 2012
While a physical copy would be nice to have, buying manga is much too expensive for me.
I'm content with reading manga on an app on my phone or tablet, though.
May 28, 2016 8:03 PM

Jan 2016
I buy what I can find in physical copies because that's what I prefer over anything else, but most of the time I have to settle for online manga reading.

I also usually listen to the soundtrack of the anime version (if it exists), otherwise, I just listen to anything that would fit the tone of the manga.
May 28, 2016 9:04 PM

Apr 2016
This topic is what i call: killing time!
Though i seriously think that it's best to read online since it doesn't cost any money to read.your'e getting it for free, buut the Internet bill is a lot if you've taken 8 month recharge. :1
May 28, 2016 9:28 PM
Nov 2014
I read the physical copy,but I used to read abit online
May 29, 2016 10:03 PM

Apr 2016
i choose to buy the manga on the bookstore so i can collect them in my bookshelf as a library at my room XD
u'll never understood how the feel to be me. When the boundaries limit me to express or share my feeling. When u want to explain the truth but
you are not allowed to. When u need someone to
talk but u can't say anything
Jun 7, 2016 10:26 AM

Jun 2016
I buy manga and read them that way, if I can afford to. I find it much easier to read them that way. Otherwise, I'll read them on my computer. It's nice because it's hooked up to a 50~ inch TV so the panels are fricking huge! :)
Jun 7, 2016 10:29 AM
Apr 2016
If I had money to buy manga I would, but importing stuff is a mess so I just read it in my PC.
I've been thinking on saving a bit of money and importing A Girl by the Sea, though....

Also, one of the things I would like to do is build a manga collection, one day I guess.
Jun 12, 2016 1:57 AM
Jul 2018
i usually read manga online, using an app. but i used to buy manga before but i stopped because i didn't really want to use money to buy something that i can just read online.

it has actually never occurred to me to read manga while listening to music. but now that i think about it, i prefer not to. mainly because the song/music that i'd be listening to might not match with the atmosphere of the manga i'd be reading.
Jun 14, 2016 2:55 AM

Nov 2009
RyanEsau said:
I read online currently, from my phone while laying in bed. Basically my 'R &R' time.

Manga Browser for Android

You should not have linked that... Now I will be reading Manga forever and always. I needed a good app for reading from my phone.

Personally I like All Manga Reader, the chrome extension. Only works on developer/open source versions of chrome though.
Jun 14, 2016 3:00 AM

Apr 2014
If the title that I like is released in my country, then I'm buying a physical copy, but I read fan scanlations of those that aren't released.
Jun 14, 2016 3:17 AM

Dec 2015
im pretty much the same
Jun 15, 2016 9:21 PM

Aug 2007
I favour reading a physical volume the most but end up mostly reading manga on my tablet or laptop. If I choose to listen to music while reading manga it is usually that series OST (if it's animated) or soft music.

I like to take my time and read each panel and such, it takes me a while but I'm not trying to compete with anyone.
Jun 15, 2016 11:32 PM

Jul 2015
Usually right to left, top to bottom.

Jk but in all seriousness, I usually read on my laptop. Sometimes on my phone. Not sure if I'd be willing to spend money on manga, I mean I like anime, but maybe not to that extent? I'm not sure. Sometimes I listen to music quietly, but most of the time I don't. I usually read the text then look at the drawings. If it's an action manga, I usually try to visualize the fight scenes as well.

caught in the wonder
Jun 18, 2016 11:24 AM

Apr 2016
I read usually read manga during the evening when it's alot more quite. I love imagining what a certain characters voice would sound like in English.
Jun 30, 2016 8:41 AM
Jun 2016
I read online. If I really like a series, I will buy a physical copy to support the artist. I have 2 series on my bookshelf, Crayon Shin chan and Citrus (the yuri one). To be honest I would Probably buy manga if I have the money and space to store them, I just have neither. :P
Aug 3, 2016 6:15 AM

Oct 2014
On my phone because the image looks less stretched out on it..
Manga is expensive af and there aren't any shops that sell over here..I'd buy some if I could

I take in the image and imagine it play out in my head like it would in an anime, I also have the characters read out their lines in my head instead of me just eading it in my voice...so it takes me much longer to read compared to someone who reads the words only and skims through the images.

If you don't like Kaneki there's a 90 percent chance you didn't read the manga.
Read it now.
Just do it.
Don't question it mongrel.

Rating System l Anime List l Manga List

My manga list is a more accurate representation of my preferences
Cease your thievery of my wine.
Aug 3, 2016 10:10 AM

Apr 2010
I usually read in the way from work/study to home, on the bus and train.
Only physical. I tried, but i really don't appreciate scans.
Aug 7, 2016 7:57 PM

Jun 2014
[quote=ClavisM message=45189439]I much prefer to read Manga when I have a physical copy of the book. But I do read it online sometimes as well. Because I can't really afford to buy every manga I want to read.[/quote

Pretty much this. Though, I am more likely to finish a manga if I have a physical copy than reading it online. I don't own any manga, so I borrow manga from a friend and therefore I have to return it eventually, which means I have to finish it.

With online manga, I feel like I have all the time in the world. Same with anime.
Aug 7, 2016 9:36 PM

Jul 2016
It depends.

If there is a series that I like and has been published, I will buy it when I have the money. For new or obscure manga that hasn't been officially released in the USA, I usually read it online and buy it later if it is ever published.

Sometimes I will borrow manga from my friend or randomly go to Barnes and Noble and read there.
Aug 7, 2016 9:45 PM

Jan 2013
I prefer to have the actual physical manga in my hand, but unfortunately I'm not rich and not everything I wanna read is translated, so I read it online and then buy the volumes (if it's translated) when I have the money.
It's hard to support this hobby along with video games lmao.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2016 10:18 PM
Jul 2018
Physical and or phone
Aug 8, 2016 2:23 AM

May 2014
I'd rather read every manga with the volume in hand, but I don't have money oozing out of every orifice in my body.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 8 Manga to Get to Know You

spaceslut - Mar 12, 2023

37 by PlasticRobot »»
5 hours ago

» Do you guys read manga online or physically? ( 1 2 )

LemonXChio - Oct 27, 2023

66 by Oofmastre9000 »»
7 hours ago

» Have an amazing art in manga but not in anime

kirA_-_ - Apr 15

8 by YeeYeeAss »»
7 hours ago

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

376 by HapHazrD »»
Today, 4:50 AM

Poll: » Manga or Light Novels: Which do you prefer?

Digibutter64 - Jan 1, 2020

29 by Jutrio »»
Yesterday, 10:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.