Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 14, 2016 4:31 PM

Jul 2015
Im watching this show right now, about 10 episodes in, and am not really impressed by it. Am i missing something or what? right now i'd give it about a 6
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 14, 2016 4:39 PM

Apr 2015
7/10 respectable preformance. The narrator Is a boon and a vice for the show simultaneously.
Mar 14, 2016 4:42 PM

Feb 2013
Keep watching and you won't be disappointed.
The first three arcs weren't amazing(maybe not the zoldyck family arc) from my perspective, but once you reach the Yorknew City Arc you will love it, after that comes again a rather boring arc Greed Island, but you will see them train and become strong, that's something.
And the best of the best comes after, the Chimera Ant Arc, the best by far for me, it made the anime from a 7/10 to a 10/10.
Mar 14, 2016 5:35 PM

Jan 2014
Really, another one of these threads??? >.<
Mar 14, 2016 5:37 PM

Jan 2016
Give it 10 more, Everything you think and feel about this show will be shattered as you go on.
Greatness awaits
Mar 14, 2016 5:46 PM

Sep 2014
Just keep watching damnit. That is the only advice you need.

Also don't have the mentality of wanting to dislike a show before even getting into it.
Mar 14, 2016 5:59 PM

Sep 2015
Picks up from about episode 30, IMO. Not that it was bad before then, but it just got significantly better.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Mar 15, 2016 2:21 PM

Jan 2014
The start is one of the slowest, but the latter arcs are really great. There's a natural inconsistency just because the subject matter differs between arcs, but at its best it's certainly worth it.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Mar 15, 2016 2:45 PM

Apr 2013
I'm in the middle of the last and longest arc and I can tell you, it's terrible. Enjoy this anime while you can.
Mar 15, 2016 2:55 PM

Jan 2015
You'll probably get more into it once you hit the Heavens Arena (ep 27-36) and Yorknew City (ep 37-58) arcs. HxH starts off a little slow.
Mar 15, 2016 3:25 PM

Dec 2014
It handles itself very well as a shounen. Stand out arcs are Yorknew City and Chimera Ant (though quite a few say otherwise). Other arcs aren't as appealing it seems to the masses, though very enjoyable nonetheless. Like it says above, the show really kicks into gear in the Heavens Arena arc. So I'd say watch up to that arc and then make a decision.
Mar 15, 2016 3:47 PM
Nov 2013
Great all the way through, if you didn't like until now is probably not your type. The only arc that really change the tone is the Chimera Ant, besides that the feeling of the anime is pretty much the same. That said, or you get used to it, or you endure until Chimera Ant, or you can quit as well, dunno.
Mar 15, 2016 4:04 PM

Aug 2014
The first arc has always been my favorite. The rest of the show ranged from good to mehh though, especially the chimera ant arc. But people have different opinions. A lot of people liked/loved everything, some only the first half, some only a few arcs.
Mar 15, 2016 4:14 PM
Feb 2016
Just keep watching its a masterpiece
Mar 15, 2016 6:09 PM

Jan 2014
Yes it is

WTF you only watched 1/15 of it and you dare to give opinion.
Mar 15, 2016 8:12 PM

Jul 2015
on episode 18 right now. it has gotten somewhat better, but nothing spectacular. this exam could have been done and over with in 10 episodes.
Mar 15, 2016 8:43 PM

Feb 2013
yes this show really is that good

eventually
Mar 20, 2016 1:28 PM

Jul 2015
nowa_ said:
I'm in the middle of the last and longest arc and I can tell you, it's terrible. Enjoy this anime while you can.

I'm at that point now and I agree with you 100%. It was great until this arc started.
Mar 20, 2016 1:31 PM

Nov 2015
Highteeld said:
nowa_ said:

I'm at that point now and I agree with you 100%. It was great until this arc started.

Finally! there are people beside me who didn't like the Chimera ant crap. Yorknew city arc was brilliant but then it just went down.
Mar 20, 2016 5:20 PM

Jan 2014
Trance- said:
Highteeld said:

Finally! there are people beside me who didn't like the Chimera ant crap. Yorknew city arc was brilliant but then it just went down.
Actually there are many person who dislike CA arc too, it's love or hate type. But there few person like me who love CA more than the whole HxH itself.
Mar 21, 2016 7:01 AM

Jul 2014
It progressively just keeps getting better and better.

Yorknew City Arc can be taken as a start of great things, that arc is one of the greatest Shounen anime over the years has managed to produce. However I tend to disagree with some of the fellow fans that its either 2nd or the 1st ranked arc of the show, with the obvious competition to it being the Chimera Ant arc, but for me, Greed Island betters Yorknew City arc. At first I kinda reached that stage where I wasn't pleased with what was coming my way, after three days when I finished Yorknew City arc and heard that the next arc will be in a game-kinda world, I was disappointed and was sure that it couldn't better the Yorknew City arc, but for me it did. The sheer amazement of it, where the true highlight of the show with its Tactics > Power-Ups mentality really shines.

One word for the Chimera Ant arc, Masterpiece.

I will hold nothing against the people who hate it, but its the greatest thing I ever witnessed.

I have great feelings for the Chimera Ant arc, too. But I love Hunter x Hunter (2011) as a whole and not just the arc. Like they say in sports, no man is greater than a club. This applies to the arc and the entire show as well.

Hunter x Hunter (2011) is a masterpiece. My only wish is that you appreciate that once you finish this journey. Good luck to you.
Mar 22, 2016 10:33 AM

Jul 2015
It's ironic. I'm at the part where the CA arc gets pretty interesting plot wise, but then they decided to throw in some stupid narrator who assumes that the audience is too stupid to deduce what is going on. Totally kills the mood.
Mar 22, 2016 10:36 AM

Aug 2015
People rate it highly for some good parts, ignoring the bad ones.
The Yorknew and CA arcs are the only good ones and the rest are really boring
You've done nothing but spout meaningless prattle. - Yukino Yukinoshita.
Mar 22, 2016 10:46 AM

Jun 2013
OtakuKvothe said:

Dunno, Heaven's Arena arc had (imo) some of the most satisfying fight scenes of the series. In particular, the first half of Gon's fight with Hisoka has some of the best fight choreography I've ever seen in anime

Highteeld said:
It's ironic. I'm at the part where the CA arc gets pretty interesting plot wise, but then they decided to throw in some stupid narrator who assumes that the audience is too stupid to deduce what is going on. Totally kills the mood.
It's by far my least favorite part of the series. You're gonna hate life for a few episodes, but grit your teeth and soldier on. I promise the payoff is worth it.
Mar 22, 2016 10:53 AM

Aug 2015
Quirkiness101 said:
OtakuKvothe said:

Dunno, Heaven's Arena arc had (imo) some of the most satisfying fight scenes of the series. In particular, the first half of Gon's fight with Hisoka has some of the best fight choreography I've ever seen in anime

I actually found Heavens Arena to be a drag, and IMO it was just to show Gon and Killua's training so it did not really need to be that long. And as for explaining Nen, a better way to do it would have been to slowly develop their powers over the course of the series instead of them mastering the basics in just days.
Greed Island arc was another drag.....
You've done nothing but spout meaningless prattle. - Yukino Yukinoshita.
Mar 22, 2016 11:04 AM

Jun 2013
OtakuKvothe said:
I actually found Heavens Arena to be a drag, and IMO it was just to show Gon and Killua's training so it did not really need to be that long. And as for explaining Nen, a better way to do it would have been to slowly develop their powers over the course of the series instead of them mastering the basics in just days.
Greed Island arc was another drag.....

I do agree with that part. The speed that they mastered the basics of nen was really annoying. I mostly was just pointing out that the arc definitely had some solid moments.

I actually would argue that Greed Island at least was a lot of fun in its length. It was a bit whimsical and I had trouble taking the bomber seriously as a villain, but the training and dodgeball match were satisfying.
Mar 22, 2016 11:05 AM

Oct 2015
I think it's a okay show and it started off really promising, as it went on it got pacing issues, there was some episodes where not much would happen and others were a ton of things would happen and the villain was predictable.

I don't see it reaching #1, I remember when everybody though One Punch Man would reach #1 on this site, it did reach #1 under TV shows on IMDB.

I will be curious to see if another show ever knocks down FMA:B from #1, I wonder if it will stay there and if it will be as good as FMA:B.
Mar 22, 2016 11:10 AM

Jul 2015
MattKitsune96 said:
I think it's a okay show and it started off really promising, as it went on it got pacing issues, there was some episodes where not much would happen and others were a ton of things would happen and the villain was predictable.

I don't see it reaching #1, I remember when everybody though One Punch Man would reach #1 on this site, it did reach #1 under TV shows on IMDB.

I will be curious to see if another show ever knocks down FMA:B from #1, I wonder if it will stay there and if it will be as good as FMA:B.

I think there are two shows that could do it, but one of them will most likely never happen:
1) Steins: Gate 0.
2) Full Remake of Rurouni Kenshin with a tweaked Jinchuu arc.

That being said I think FMAB will always be better than HxH (in my opinion FMAB is much better)
Mar 22, 2016 11:11 AM

Jun 2013
MattKitsune96 said:

Honestly, my initial reaction when I finished the series was to compare it to FMAB. Both had great characters, epic stories, interesting powers, fleshed out worlds, etc. The biggest differences were in pacing and I largely thought that Hunter x Hunter falters there a little. I would argue that at its best Hunter x Hunter is substantially better than FMAB at its best, but FMAB's story is a lot crisper and probably has a stronger average quality.
Mar 22, 2016 11:14 AM

Oct 2015
Quirkiness101 said:
MattKitsune96 said:

Honestly, my initial reaction when I finished the series was to compare it to FMAB. Both had great characters, epic stories, interesting powers, fleshed out worlds, etc. The biggest differences were in pacing and I largely thought that Hunter x Hunter falters there a little. I would argue that at its best Hunter x Hunter is substantially better than FMAB at its best, but FMAB's story is a lot crisper and probably has a stronger average quality.

Oops! I put this in the wrong tab, I though this was a forum about ERASED!

I haven't seen Hunter X Hunter yet, I will try it someday.
Mar 22, 2016 11:17 AM

Jun 2013
MattKitsune96 said:
Quirkiness101 said:

Oops! I put this in the wrong tab, I though this was a forum about ERASED!

I haven't seen Hunter X Hunter yet, I will try it someday.

You should. It's much better than Erased or OPM ;)
Mar 22, 2016 11:18 AM

Jul 2015
Quirkiness101 said:
MattKitsune96 said:

From what i have seen so far that seems to be a good assessment. I'm on ep 112 right now, and from what i have seen, the Ant King is a much better character than Father was. But as a whole, i don't think HxH is as good.

Of course, there is still much more for me to see so i'll probably have a different opinion later.
Mar 22, 2016 11:24 AM

Jun 2013
Highteeld said:
Quirkiness101 said:

From what i have seen so far that seems to be a good assessment. I'm on ep 112 right now, and from what i have seen, the Ant King is a much better character than Father was. But as a whole, i don't think HxH is as good.

Of course, there is still much more for me to see so i'll probably have a different opinion later.

Just wait until the end of the CA arc. I hated the arc for a good majority for it, and I can tell you that the ending makes up for any weaknesses, no matter how infuriating, in spades.
Mar 22, 2016 12:12 PM

Jun 2013
xaos12 said:
You also can't deny that you enjoyed exam arc. The other arcs are not as great as those two but not boring overall.

Absolutely. The only arc that I flat out didn't like was the Zoldeyck arc (which is so short it barely counts). Final arc was also on the weaker end, but the last two episodes felt like satisfying conclusion to series.
Mar 22, 2016 12:12 PM
Jul 2018
OtakuKvothe said:

Tsundere here. You admitted that exam arc was fun(you even binged it), HA arc was boring true, but the fights make up for it. As for the greed island arc, you admitted that it was quite fun with voleyball and all, even told that it was better than the starting of CA arc.
Definitely not great as other two but not boring overall.
The boring/hate factor is actually seen in CA arc, as the case is for most ppl.
removed-userMar 22, 2016 12:18 PM
Mar 22, 2016 12:31 PM
Nov 2015
It starts off feeling like a typical shonen, but eventually kicks every other shonen I've seen in the butt. Seriously. Once the Yorknew City arc rolls around it turns into the best show I've ever seen.
Mar 22, 2016 2:46 PM

Jul 2015
What, you're expecting character development and shit 10 episodes in? You should enjoy the world and character building during the first arc, if some of the more epic stuff happened within the first 10 episodes the pacing would have been awful.
Mar 22, 2016 4:00 PM

Jul 2015
LeviAck said:
What, you're expecting character development and shit 10 episodes in? You should enjoy the world and character building during the first arc, if some of the more epic stuff happened within the first 10 episodes the pacing would have been awful.

I mean im not expecting perfection and it definitely got better, but to reuse the example i did earlier, FMA was great from the start and never let up. Just my opinion dude.
Mar 22, 2016 4:14 PM

Jul 2015
Highteeld said:
LeviAck said:

I mean im not expecting perfection and it definitely got better, but to reuse the example i did earlier, FMA was great from the start and never let up. Just my opinion dude.
Fmab was really rushed for the first 13 episodes, but after that amazing
Sup...
Mar 22, 2016 4:24 PM

Jul 2015
nowa_ said:
It's very 50/50 with people, I'm the one that loved it because of the Characters, themes, UnPredictability rate, and Character Development
Sup...
Mar 22, 2016 4:34 PM

Jul 2015
SenpaiJay98 said:
Highteeld said:

I really feel like to complain about FMAB you really are just grasping at straws. It's so solid all-round.
Mar 22, 2016 5:05 PM

Apr 2015
Highteeld said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

I really feel like to complain about FMAB you really are just grasping at straws. It's so solid all-round.

There Is an abundance of things to complain about, bruh.
Mar 22, 2016 5:18 PM

Jul 2015
Highteeld said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

It was rushed for the first 13 episodes, It was lol
Sup...
Mar 22, 2016 5:22 PM

Jan 2008
SenpaiJay98 said:
Highteeld said:

It was rushed for the first 13 episodes, It was lol

Because they didn't feel the need to reanimate the entirety of what the original already had done.

Hunter x Hunter does this as well, taking only about 20 episodes to do the hunter exam arc while the original takes 30.
Mar 22, 2016 5:27 PM

Apr 2013
Suzu-kun22 said:
It starts off feeling like a typical shonen, but eventually kicks every other shonen I've seen in the butt. Seriously. Once the Yorknew City arc rolls around it turns into the best show I've ever seen.

Yorknew city is definitely up there with the very best. Too bad the follow up arc is Greed Island which was awful and even after that the first 25/30 episodes of the chimera ant arc were nothing to write home about either. If HxH was more consistent it'd be a 10 for me easily.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Mar 22, 2016 6:55 PM

Dec 2015
Before starting it I would always say to myself "fucking long running shounens, I ain't watching this shit".
I regret my statement, even if I only said it to myself.

Also
Banner credit to @turnip
Mar 22, 2016 7:02 PM

Dec 2015
It's the fucking bomb, period.

+What's with comparing two entirely different works like HxH and FMAB ? It's like comparing Rurouni Kenshin and JJBA...
Mar 22, 2016 7:12 PM

Feb 2015
Paul said:

Because they didn't feel the need to reanimate the entirety of what the original already had done.

Hunter x Hunter does this as well, taking only about 20 episodes to do the hunter exam arc while the original takes 30.

Interesting, my favorite arc was the hunter exam so maybe the original show is worth watching?
Mar 22, 2016 7:17 PM

Dec 2015
Slappiz said:
Paul said:

Interesting, my favorite arc was the hunter exam so maybe the original show is worth watching?

It's got a different tone and atmosphere to it too. I always saw both shows as completely different experiences even though they follow the same overall plot. Yeah, you should watch it imo.
Mar 22, 2016 7:21 PM

Dec 2015
KingRequiem said:

+What's with comparing two entirely different works like HxH and FMAB ? It's like comparing Rurouni Kenshin and JJBA...

I hate when people do that.
Two completely different shows will have one thing in common and then random people will say they're the same thing or similar, even though they obviously are not.

Fma:B and HxH are both shounens, similarities end there.
Banner credit to @turnip
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Yesterday

52 by Rinrinka »»
4 minutes ago

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Yesterday, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

915 by Thesk8er2000 »»
Apr 19, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

44 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 19, 12:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.