Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 28, 2008 6:54 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heartwarming episode, mostly revolving around Nagisa and her family with Tomoya. I feel bad for Tomoya's dad though after he moved out, now living all alone...Tomoya moves into Nagisa's home. Hopefully Tomoya and his dad can make up before the finale, I'm seriously hoping for a happy ending for everyone.

Nagisa had some cute outfits other than the school uniform this time <3.

Did anyone notice a small shift in the character design this time, I felt something was different this time.

LOL@ the Little Kid Tomoya Side Kick Takedown.
KY791Feb 29, 2008 2:42 AM
\
Feb 29, 2008 1:41 AM

Dec 2007
Great episode.

The horror scene was amazing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 29, 2008 2:09 AM

Oct 2007
Keyboard part made me nearly fallout of my seat, that robot creeps me out each time I see it.

Feb 29, 2008 2:17 AM

Jul 2007
awesome episode!
really liked the pace and the warm feeling it gave.
this episode i found the time to really ENJOY the wonderful animation and good voices.

cant wait for the next ep...
Feb 29, 2008 5:43 AM

Feb 2008
pretty good ep

while i dont see what the AS will be like XD(if there is the AS...)
Feb 29, 2008 6:29 AM

Nov 2007
Great episode I get more into the mystery now...

AsianQuickSilver said:

Did anyone notice a small shift in the character design this time, I felt something was different this time.

I did notice something on some parts it was a little different but it can also be something I just think
Feb 29, 2008 6:52 AM

Feb 2008
Nadeshiko said:
Great episode I get more into the mystery now...

AsianQuickSilver said:

I did notice something on some parts it was a little different but it can also be something I just think

yes i noticed subtle change in Tomoya's silhouette
and i guess thats just why Kyoto anime would stop at ep22: WARNING!!! INSUFFICIENT FUNDS
Feb 29, 2008 7:04 AM

Nov 2007
I lol'd to Sunohara's facial expressions :D Good ep, looks like it's all Nagisa now.
Feb 29, 2008 7:59 AM

Jan 2008
Ketuekigami said:
Great episode.

The horror scene was amazing.

Yeah, that scene brought about a good lol. Other than that it was a pretty plain episode. Anyone else think he is overreacting about his situation with his father? He stopped abusing him, but his father's really a bad person because he doesn't treat him like a son. That doesn't quite add up. Tomoya seems independent enough, does he still need that father/son relationship that desperately? I don't know, thats kind of been bothering me from the beginning.
Feb 29, 2008 8:11 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Very heartwarming episode. But after hearing Nagisa talk to Tomoya about the thing she has to apologize for, and the scene in this dream world at the end, I'm thinking that Nagisa might have had a twin sister or something along those lines? I mean, the girl in this other world does look similar to Sanae and Nagisa. Or maybe something happened when Nagisa was born, but then there would be no way for Nagisa to feel that there's something. Actually, we're talking about anime... mmh.... I got the feeling it's going to be a very, very sad story. But I'm still looking forward to it.

And yes, Nagisa was incredibly cute in this episode.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Feb 29, 2008 8:30 AM

Dec 2007
Pretty enjoyable episode. The jokes were actually funny for once and Fuko didn't show up which are both always good things. I knew if I sat through the first 15 or so painful-to-watch episodes that this series would end well and so far it is.
Feb 29, 2008 8:46 AM

Sep 2007
Awesome and heartwarming episode, I really like'd it :D

I'm excited to get to know about Nagisas "secret past"...

That Robot part is alwasy pretty confusing...but I guess it will make sense in a while..

Feb 29, 2008 9:05 AM

Jan 2008
all i can say is yay! loved it XD
性的暴行
Feb 29, 2008 9:48 AM

Oct 2007
Very good episode. Thou i kind of noticed a small drop in animation quality, might be my eyes playing tricks on me...

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Feb 29, 2008 9:52 AM

Apr 2007
The plot thickens!

The change of placement of the Robot and the girl scene must mean something. I'm sure we'll find out what they really stand for next episode, or maybe the other.

There's more to the Furukawas than we knew, after all. They seem like the perfect family, but every family has dark memories. Nice to see some development about Tomoya's family too. Will he, or will he not, forgive his father? Will his father acknowledge him as a son again? But Tomoya is now feeling what a family really feels like. That's really good for him. The teacher said he's changed, I'm sure he'll change even more now.

Man, I also love Sunohara. I'm waiting for him to scream "How thick can you get?!" every episode. XD

Nagisa putting Tomoya in line = Best thing in the episode.
Feb 29, 2008 10:50 AM

Aug 2007
It really was a great and heartwarming episode. I wonder what the secret is about Nagisa. I bet it was something like Sanae quitting school to take care of Nagisa or something. But I wouldn't put that into mind.

Man Sunohara and that horror scene was awesome.
Feb 29, 2008 11:34 AM

Jul 2007
I liked it a lot but...
I have a soooo bad feeling about Nagisa and her parents... I have some idea in my head but they are all extremely depressing but im afraid 1 of them must be true...
Anyways cant w8 till i watch the finalle im sure its gonna be amazing!!!
Also i believe its gonna be a good 1 and i hope Fuko will return as well :D
Feb 29, 2008 11:41 AM
Jan 2008
good episodes, although i'm still in a disappointing mood becuase the kyou and tomoyo arc finshed so fast.
Feb 29, 2008 12:01 PM

Oct 2007
interesting developmnet,even though it does feel a bit late. i wonder if the "thing" in the past has something to do with sanae not being a teacher anymore
Feb 29, 2008 12:04 PM

Feb 2008
Such an enjoyable and hearwarming episode. The horror scene part was pretty funny =P
Now I'm really curious about Nagisa's past, and to find out more about the girl and the robot.
KayroFeb 29, 2008 12:51 PM
Feb 29, 2008 12:35 PM

Jun 2007
quite nice episode.
Sunohara was humorous as always and did a good job making Okazaki thinking about "you are still saying you're not dating Nagisa".

Okazaki
He's after your harem
Feb 29, 2008 1:10 PM

Nov 2007
Great episode. I really wonder what this secret is. Hope we find out next week =^-^=
Feb 29, 2008 1:16 PM

Jan 2007
Mad Nagisa ftfw. and loved Akio's harem scene.
Feb 29, 2008 1:56 PM

Nov 2007
Tomoya needs to get over his passive-aggressive attitude. Its irritating.

Akio and Sunohara won this ep.
Feb 29, 2008 2:37 PM

Oct 2007
Even though it's only been two weeks between episodes 18 and 19 it feels like it's been a month.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 29, 2008 2:41 PM

Aug 2007
Metroid_Ex said:
Even though it's only been two weeks between episodes 18 and 19 it feels like it's been a month.

I know >__< But it was a good episode. I loved the horror bit.
Love Psychological? Join
Pyschological Love =D

Feb 29, 2008 2:47 PM

May 2007
It was a really heartwarming episode, and I couldn't stop laughing at the horror scene part lol. I'm curious about the robot at the end, nothing's really been said about it yet.
Feb 29, 2008 2:58 PM

Oct 2007
cyruz said:
Very heartwarming episode. But after hearing Nagisa talk to Tomoya about the thing she has to apologize for, and the scene in this dream world at the end, I'm thinking that Nagisa might have had a twin sister or something along those lines? I mean, the girl in this other world does look similar to Sanae and Nagisa. Or maybe something happened when Nagisa was born, but then there would be no way for Nagisa to feel that there's something. Actually, we're talking about anime... mmh.... I got the feeling it's going to be a very, very sad story. But I'm still looking forward to it.

Or maybe, Or maybe, Or maybe :P
lol, i agree though, its probably around those terms, she did something to her sister?!?!

Nagisa outfits, Sunohara and Akio-san comedy (one-liners) were all a win :P
Feb 29, 2008 3:08 PM

Nov 2007
not so great. As an episode, 19 was lack luster but it is definitely setting up for something great. Hmm... maybe Okazaki will realize that he likes Nagisa.

Feb 29, 2008 4:15 PM

Aug 2007
I lol'ed when Akio mentioned the loss of Tomoya's harem...xD
I agree wholeheartedly, it is a damn shame! xD

Other than that...pretty slice of life type of episode. Setup episodes are boring so I'm hoping 20 delivers on something.
Feb 29, 2008 5:20 PM

Nov 2007
I loved this episod !! ^____^
Very interessent (Tomoya's father and their relation, the relation between Nagisa (^_^) and Tomoya, and the past of Nagisa-chan (the next episod will tell more on that !) which seem to be sad ...)

And ... Nagisa-chan X Tomoya-kun ^_____^

Feb 29, 2008 5:28 PM
Jan 2008
Is it just me or is the art different? Nagisa's hair seems shorter and Okazaki seems taller, and a lot of other minor details...
Feb 29, 2008 5:39 PM

Feb 2008
:O
I'm eager to see this secret...I hope it wasn't Nagisa's fault that Sanae lost her teaching job =\

Feb 29, 2008 6:13 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
PimpToad said:
I lol'ed when Akio mentioned the loss of Tomoya's harem...xD
I agree wholeheartedly, it is a damn shame! xD
Akio was commenting on losing his own harem, not Tomoya losing his :P With two boys and two girls, it wouldn't be a harem anymore lol.

kasumisama said:
Tomoya needs to get over his passive-aggressive attitude. Its irritating.
I can't blame him for his attitude, especially since the guy goes out of his way to help everyone else around him. He's not looking for pity -- in fact, he avoids letting anyone know about his family situation. He stands up for his friends, and helps them out -- he's only passive-aggressive towards himself. And since he's a 17 year old boy, in his situation, I really don't see his attitude as excessively drawn out. In fact, I think it makes him more of a real character. But maybe that's just me ^^

Looking back, not a lot seemed to happen this episode, but I enjoyed it :) I'm looking forward to the next ones leading up to the end. They just better not drag out this thing that Nagisa is feeling guilty over like they dragged out the end of Kanon. I can see us knowing by next episode what it is she feels guilty about.
Kanon spoiler:
Feb 29, 2008 8:27 PM

May 2007
I thought this was another eventful episode. The shift from Nagisa truly finding out about Tomoya's condition with his father to Tomoya staying at the Furukawa residence. Now all eyes on NAGISA! There's more to it than meets the eye. We knew Nagisa from the beginning of this story. She was an ordinary, shy, little cute girl who wants to re-establish the school's Theater Club. She probably was the least stand-out character from the harem's perspective but this is her time to face her ordeals.

What I love about Key/Kyo-Ani is the way they made it look very, very dramatic. We know Clannad is a story of some ordinary friends in the same school but I am fascinated on the revolutionary animation. Nagisa's face expression and emotion, and her parents too, made it like something reaaaaaally bad occurred in her childhood once. Something is connected with her mom quit being a teacher and also that private cram school.

Another enjoyable episode and of course I love the comedy. Love Suhonara!!
Feb 29, 2008 8:56 PM

Jun 2007
>_< eeeek! i need the next episode!
This ep was sooo good! it made me all giddy cause it was so sweet :D
Poor Tomoya and his uncaring father : /
Sunohara = YAAAY!!! xD lol

Feb 29, 2008 10:14 PM
Apr 2007
Sunohara-Akira fuuuuusion. Now that was golden :D
Feb 29, 2008 10:42 PM

Aug 2007
The Robot returns
Feb 29, 2008 10:51 PM

Nov 2007
Dual Tomoyo/Kyou punch was a nice end to the epic Sunohara skit.
Feb 29, 2008 11:50 PM

Feb 2008
cyruz said:
But after hearing Nagisa talk to Tomoya about the thing she has to apologize for, and the scene in this dream world at the end, I'm thinking that Nagisa might have had a twin sister or something along those lines?

I actually had the same thought about her having a twin while watching. That maybe she accidentally caused the death of a twin or sibling when she was really young. Or it could be something way less dramatic I suppose...

Good episode as usual, can't wait to find out Nagisa's secret next ep. Sunohara had some nice moments with the drama scene and finding out Tomoya was staying with Nagisa. Also, due to my lack of attention or something, this was the first time I actually noticed the Illusionary Girl is CG, good work on KyoAni's part. It's a pity all the other girls have been reduced to the background now with just a few lines each, but I guess the show is almost over...
Mar 1, 2008 12:42 AM

Oct 2007
a very boring "3" in my opinion and I'm being generous. I had to actually force myself to finish the ep. Somebody said that the animation was a bit off but with this series having such great animation every episode til now makes it very off putting.

The storyline is definately forced and after the epicness of Nagisa's return last episode this just seems like the fallout of a forced decision. The only time this ep got even remotely good was when Sunohara burst on the scene and made us all laugh with the piano. Its sad to see this anime which I've enjoyed just seem to wilter off.

Also, I'll still make the claim that Nagisa is single handedly the worst female lead in anime. Not because she is poorly characterized, but because she is boring as all hell. To spice things up they give her a just revealed secret which still seems boring and completely forced.

I dont wanna come off as a jack ass...but I believe this has been the weakest episode of the series.
Mar 1, 2008 1:45 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Guess it's hard to appreciate an episode when people are only looking for things to laugh about, heh.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 1, 2008 2:04 AM

Dec 2007
cyruz said:
Guess it's hard to appreciate an episode when people are only looking for things to laugh about, heh.

I came into watching the series with an open mind, figured I love the studio and the story seemed promising. I'm not sure if its my age, gender, psychology background or a cultural difference but I just find every character in the show lacking depth and being overall unrealistic which are both really important things to a show that is solely a slice of life/harem drama. In turn, I just have no attachment to them what so ever which made all the attempts at tear jerking moments sort of boring. I'll admit it takes a lot of work to create an attachment to a nonexistent person (especially one thats drawn) so I try to give the creators some extra leeway when watching anime. That being said, I have been finally pulled in the last couple episodes by Tomoya's interactions with his father so who knows, I might have a complete 180 by the end of the series. It's just unfortunate that the first few arcs weren't done as well as they could have been and in turn all I watched the show for was the moments of humor.
playconnMar 1, 2008 2:07 AM
Mar 1, 2008 2:05 AM

Nov 2007
After watching this episode, I can't help but wonder if those mini scenes with the girl (which does look quite a bit like Nagisa) and (for lack of a better word) 'robot' actually string together to become the play that Nagisa doesn't know the name of. Oh well, just a passing thought, since it could be a very well done play if it wasn't chopped into confusing bits.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought the artwork had changed in this episode. Though I don't feel the change was so drastic that it took away from the show at all.

What will Tomoya do without his harem?!
Mar 1, 2008 2:06 AM

Jan 2008
^cyruz, true statement. Not meeting expectations may sometimes be disappointing, but if you're not expecting anything, nothing is ever disappointing huh >.>

If you played the game, it explains a lot of the situations with the robot, the "illusion" girl, and the story's connection. I enjoyed the sound effect segment and Akio's harem the most. If Nagisa took control more like when she dragged Tomoya back to the office, than many people would probably have a different opinion of her.

@manasteel88 - Also Nagisa was missing from an episode or two to go along with her "anti-standing out" personality. As a lead character, its strange to have them completely out of the picture for a short period of time, but suspense building is what we like.

Mar 1, 2008 5:43 AM

Feb 2008
Another episode...Well, like the part of double punch, and also akio's harem, and it makes me wonder what kind of dark past with Nagisa-chan.

but I believe this has been the weakest episode of the series.

Well, it's true too, after Nagisa's return and the incident, it's like nothing happened...but for some unknown reason (well maybe Nagisa look so kawaii in this ep) i like this episode
Mar 1, 2008 6:46 AM

Apr 2007
I don't know, that scene with Sunohara and the sound effects was pretty damn funny.
Mar 1, 2008 8:01 AM

May 2007
I take back what i said from Nagisa T.T
Mar 1, 2008 9:36 AM
Dec 2007
Heartwarming episode? I found it really discomforting and weird :O

Still, I can't wait till the secret past of Nagisa is revealed, the preview was so interesting too !

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 1, 2008 10:31 AM

Aug 2007
A real great episode.

It looks like I can finally get some answers on the robot and the girl, and there is also the thing with Nagisa family. I really can't wait to see what unfolds next.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Awesmoe - Mar 28, 2008

349 by EM1LL3US »»
Apr 10, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KY791 - Mar 13, 2008

145 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 6, 6:08 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KY791 - Mar 6, 2008

214 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 6, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nodoka-koi - Nov 29, 2007

442 by Viipers7810 »»
Apr 5, 2:16 AM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tenjouname - Feb 15, 2008

304 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 4, 7:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.