Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 24, 2016 7:53 AM

Jul 2012
ixarising said:

See Episode 8 again then, go to the part where Beatrix and Irisdina are talking. That's Iris, she hasn't even changed her clothing.

Also their eyes are different so yep, it's Iris.
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Mar 26, 2016 4:20 PM

Feb 2013
5/5 because crazy Lise is best Lise.
Really good battle too. "Is this a trap?" Yes, it's a trap.

The end part was effective. No surprises there, but the drama worked. Good job.
Mar 30, 2016 5:11 AM

Jul 2008
Goodbye Lise you sick demented bitch.
Mar 31, 2016 2:30 AM

Oct 2011
Anlex said:
"No matter what happens, I will wipe your ass for you."
"I can wipe my own ass."

"It is a nice ass." - the best scene ever

^ This. 10/10 episode. Would wipe ass again.
ZeitresuJun 23, 2020 12:09 AM
Apr 2, 2016 1:09 AM

Jan 2015
The feels ;-;
I don't like Lise but...BUT!
Apr 2, 2016 8:18 PM

Nov 2011
SimonLaDigger said:
L-Ryoshi said:
That episode was extremely poignant. Even now after watching it an hour ago I feel very somber.

Without getting into a debate over whether Lise deserved her fate or not, I just want to say that it's difficult not to feel sorry for her regardless. She may have been messed up in the head, but it wasn't her own actions that led to that. Being born into a fascist totalitarian state where the concept of "trust" was pretty much non-existent wasn't her choice. Nor was being persecuted for being born into a family on the wrong side of the state either. All the inhumane things that she experienced subsequently weren't of her volition, and yet it broke her down, rebuilt and molded her back into what she ended up becoming.

Some of you may say "I'd rather die than do this, or do that", but have you actually ever been placed in a situation where you were required to actually make such a choice? For most of us, I highly doubt it.

To blame her for her mindset and for what she subsequently became is akin to blaming a person who had been forced to take drugs for the very first time with a gun pointed at their head, and subsequently became an addict. Sure you can blame her for the choices that she made after she became this addict, but if you have never experienced just how powerful an effect a drug addiction has on a persons mind and body, then saying something like "you had a choice" or "you didn't HAVE to do it", is merely hypocritical rambling of someone who sees themselves on a higher moral ground without having ever experienced being forced to stoop down to what they perceive to be as "immoral" levels.

She may have had too many screws loose in her head to be redeemed in the end, but she was a victim of circumstances at the end of the day.

By the same situation I believe that Theodore makes for a failure of a protagonist. He escaped from the Stasi with his life because his sister sacrificed herself, and yet he never thought to search for her whereabouts or to think of rescuing her from her captors even after all these years. Even when he found out that she was still alive, I never saw him actually that joyful in the knowledge that she had survived the purge which destroyed their family. And in the end he went so far as to sleep with her in order to try and bring her under his control. I couldn't empathize with his tears this episode, and in the end the feeling I got when he shot his sister dead was simply "this is a mess that you made, so it's right that you be the one to clean it up". This dude gets no sympathy from me. He messed up with almost everything he's done since the first episode (like calling Irisdina a Stasi dog), and to me it's been more of the same ever since.

To me, Steinhoff had the best quote of the series:
Good Protagonists learn to wipe their own ass. Theodore who's needed help in getting his ass wiped every step of the way thus far makes for a poor protagonist.

You are forgetting that in a totalitarian government you simply can't just look for people. Having lived in a government like that, at his age he should understand that you cannot just find people. We don't know what happened pre the year the anime starts from. For all we know, he tried his best looking for her but gave up. Perhaps even people told him to just give up and he accepted that. They don't hate the Stasis for nothing and they very well known what they capable of doing and brainwashing people is not foreign to them. You are right, one cannot understand the actions someone makes with out understanding the circumstances that lead to it, unless you firsthand experience them. But then again, how was Theo suppose to help her when he didn't know what happened to her? Its not like he knew all along all the brainwashing done to her that made her do what she did.

We take your drug addiction problem, that would be true if you knew from the beginning there was a gun pointing at them that made them take drug: or if you even knew they had a drug addiction problem in the first place.

Theo didn't know any of this, so he tried his best. "People are suspecting you of being a stasis spy but I know deep down you are not. I know you are my sister whom I have been missing since we separated. I will defend you when people say you are a stasis dog, because you are not" don't you think he felt betrayed when it turned out she was a stasis spy/dog afterall? And it costed someone very special to him their life?

You assumed too much of Theo, that he knew Lisa told Axman everything about the defection plan in order to keep Theo safe. You assume that he knew how badly she was mistreated and found hope is Beatrix because she promised her she would met him. It was only after their first battle that he became aware of this and then right away he sees Pham get killed so cold hearted. I don't think Lise even bothered to see who it was. You think Theo cared what Lise went through at that moment? Surprisingly he did because he didn't kill her. So no, Theo is not a bad protagonist. Now fully aware of this, filled with anger, what exactly was he suppose to do the moment he fought her again?

We can take what you said about having high morals and not being on their shoes, but tell me honestly. If someone who you care about, told you everything they've been through, how much they been abused, and endured this just for the sake of meeting you again and knowing you are safe, killed someone else you loved, in front of you, with out a second thought, no remorse at all. You are telling me you would forgive them right then and there? Or even the next day? or the next week? At this point, you don't care anymore, you no longer CAN understand what they been through, they are now dehumanized, you can still feel emotions towards them but these are old emotions caused by nostalgia. If you saw your crush today, you wouldn't have a crush on her, you would remember that crush you had on them and think back of those days.

After reading all your comments in this thread makes me appreciate you defending this series about its Cold War concept. The Cold War was a extreme complicated ERA with all the spies and name blaming. I can see that the ERA can be hard to understand for people who have not experienced it. But its nice to see someone that knows their facts and defends it. I personally really liked this series of how it portrays the Cold War Era and the fact that it also shows the political side as well. Its a good change of pace to watch for me.

It would be also be nice to see more people who can think outside the box.
IheartCCApr 2, 2016 8:21 PM
Hate Keeps me warm
Apr 2, 2016 8:28 PM
Oct 2015
Just fuck u Theodor just shut your mouth, moron. In the starting u said u want to see your sister.In the middle u say u want to protect her and now u kill her. Bastard guy,u should really die in the first 2 episode when you are just a douchebag. If u really want to protect your fking sister u should have just pinned her down in the previous episode and bring her away,i really want to kill this bastard Theodor. Just shut your mouth if u cant promise anything.
Apr 4, 2016 12:35 AM
Sep 2010
IheartC2 said:
SimonLaDigger said:

You are forgetting that in a totalitarian government you simply can't just look for people. Having lived in a government like that, at his age he should understand that you cannot just find people. We don't know what happened pre the year the anime starts from. For all we know, he tried his best looking for her but gave up. Perhaps even people told him to just give up and he accepted that. They don't hate the Stasis for nothing and they very well known what they capable of doing and brainwashing people is not foreign to them. You are right, one cannot understand the actions someone makes with out understanding the circumstances that lead to it, unless you firsthand experience them. But then again, how was Theo suppose to help her when he didn't know what happened to her? Its not like he knew all along all the brainwashing done to her that made her do what she did.

We take your drug addiction problem, that would be true if you knew from the beginning there was a gun pointing at them that made them take drug: or if you even knew they had a drug addiction problem in the first place.

Theo didn't know any of this, so he tried his best. "People are suspecting you of being a stasis spy but I know deep down you are not. I know you are my sister whom I have been missing since we separated. I will defend you when people say you are a stasis dog, because you are not" don't you think he felt betrayed when it turned out she was a stasis spy/dog afterall? And it costed someone very special to him their life?

You assumed too much of Theo, that he knew Lisa told Axman everything about the defection plan in order to keep Theo safe. You assume that he knew how badly she was mistreated and found hope is Beatrix because she promised her she would met him. It was only after their first battle that he became aware of this and then right away he sees Pham get killed so cold hearted. I don't think Lise even bothered to see who it was. You think Theo cared what Lise went through at that moment? Surprisingly he did because he didn't kill her. So no, Theo is not a bad protagonist. Now fully aware of this, filled with anger, what exactly was he suppose to do the moment he fought her again?

We can take what you said about having high morals and not being on their shoes, but tell me honestly. If someone who you care about, told you everything they've been through, how much they been abused, and endured this just for the sake of meeting you again and knowing you are safe, killed someone else you loved, in front of you, with out a second thought, no remorse at all. You are telling me you would forgive them right then and there? Or even the next day? or the next week? At this point, you don't care anymore, you no longer CAN understand what they been through, they are now dehumanized, you can still feel emotions towards them but these are old emotions caused by nostalgia. If you saw your crush today, you wouldn't have a crush on her, you would remember that crush you had on them and think back of those days.

After reading all your comments in this thread makes me appreciate you defending this series about its Cold War concept. The Cold War was a extreme complicated ERA with all the spies and name blaming. I can see that the ERA can be hard to understand for people who have not experienced it. But its nice to see someone that knows their facts and defends it. I personally really liked this series of how it portrays the Cold War Era and the fact that it also shows the political side as well. Its a good change of pace to watch for me.

It would be also be nice to see more people who can think outside the box.

The show did a good job portraying the stasis (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stasi) Because in reality they were an extremely efficient big brother, they were good at what they did and it was to watch over people, spy on people, make people disappeared. In fact, they are considered to be one of the best secret police to have ever existed. And they were helping out the Soviets

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-germany-wall-stasi-idUSL118487020091104
Apr 5, 2016 5:48 AM
Mar 2012
Wow those Lise yandere faces, just epic. For what she went through it was truly tragic being twisted & broken beyond repair, yet beautiful in a morbid way, that her brother gave her salvation. And respect to Theodor who didn't do the mc pacifist struggle.
The ambush mission really embodied "desperate times require desperate measures". Though quite shocked they chose to fight in a city, full of collateral damage & civilian deaths. Bad PR for both sides. Ass messenger obviously not happy.
"It's a nice ass."
Apr 28, 2016 10:48 PM

Jan 2008
YUP, LMFAO, LIKE DAMN.... WHAT AN EPISODE.

samofthewired said:
planetwarrior said:

LOL, you'll see how Lise goes from there, not in the next ep, but after the next ep.

Oh damn im a little late haha but yes, ending for ep. 10 was extremely satisfying to me.
May 6, 2016 3:12 PM

Jan 2016
The begining tho, i was like, OOOH YEAH REALLY??,YAA ALREADY MISSED THAT OPPORTUNITY Moran!

AND shit again another intense episode!! did feel werid when lise i see lise like damn yandere shit! but then again yay you finally killed the pycho! xD and now lets find irisdina! ...
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
May 10, 2016 11:11 PM

Mar 2016
Dead_By_Heart said:
The begining tho, i was like, OOOH YEAH REALLY??,YAA ALREADY MISSED THAT OPPORTUNITY Moran!

AND shit again another intense episode!! did feel werid when lise i see lise like damn yandere shit! but then again yay you finally killed the pycho! xD and now lets find irisdina! ...

Seriously when he killed Lise it was like a dream come true for me. Got sooooo fucking sick of her, real quick.
May 11, 2016 4:07 AM

Jan 2016
samofthewired said:
Dead_By_Heart said:

Seriously when he killed Lise it was like a dream come true for me. Got sooooo fucking sick of her, real quick.

Oh yea defiantly, but at the same time its kind of sad, cause if it where me, yeah i would have killed her as well but it she was still his sister.

But she sure was a pain in the ass after she got to yandere lise. lmao always sense the begining i did suspect and was suspicious about her and felt odd about her, at the same time i didn't. but as soon she got to pycho/yandere lise i went NOPE. xD
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
May 16, 2016 7:15 PM

Jun 2013
YES. -1 crazy imouto.

Great stuff. Curious to see what the consequences of their urban battle will be, seeing as it went against one of the core tenants of the 666th squadron.
May 30, 2016 7:41 PM

Jul 2013
Finally it's over. R.I.P. Lise. Even if the ending was pretty sad I'm glad she's dead. She was to crazy. Sure she went through a lot with all these nasty things she did. But she killed so much people, especially Pham in a way that can't be forgiven. I'm sorry for Theodor, it must be hard to kill his own sister, even if she was out of her mind.

Hopefully now they can bring the Stasi to fall. This fucking Schmidt guy acted fast and wants to foment everyone against Theodor and co.

Only 2 episodes left and so much things are unexplained. Can't wait to see how they will do this.

Jun 5, 2016 3:53 AM

Mar 2016
Dead_By_Heart said:
samofthewired said:

Oh yea defiantly, but at the same time its kind of sad, cause if it where me, yeah i would have killed her as well but it she was still his sister.

But she sure was a pain in the ass after she got to yandere lise. lmao always sense the begining i did suspect and was suspicious about her and felt odd about her, at the same time i didn't. but as soon she got to pycho/yandere lise i went NOPE. xD

Well they made it pretty clear almost immediately that she could be working for the other side.
Jun 8, 2016 5:04 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Fuchs23 said:
So basically Lise was raped, tortured and used by stasi in exchange for brother freedom. And after that time Theodor in fact didn't help her.

He slept with her and thought that now she will be completely obedient. Next he run to confess to Irisdina. Lise saw that brother was using her and preferred other girl.

It's not strange that she felt betrayed and become even more broken.

I still didnt think Theodor was going to confess to Irisdina, but that aside, the only way to save Lize from herself would be restraining her.
I would had liked if Theordor was a bit more emotional before killing her, being a bit closer, because Lize was broken, that is way she done it, she lost her way, and as a brother he done what needed to be done, but you can only go so far, but damm...

Great episode. I dont hate Lize, I hate the Stasi, they were the ones responsible for this.

Pham death was also stupid, like, Theodore could had stopped it, instead he was just looking and doing nothing, I hate those kind of shit in stories, when it is obviously they just wanna kill that character and get over it with. I dont think Pham death was needed.
Jul 3, 2016 4:34 AM

Nov 2011
Ending a bit too heavy on the emotional plane, was bound to end like this? I do not think, even though Theodor demonstrates in words, all his love and his ideals, I believe that her sister Lise, even despite all that he did, deserved to Moreover, that person does not have gratitude and hypocritical that Theodor. Quite interesting as an episode, it seems the narrative the rule is that there is no escape for those who is defeated in the field, dead everywhere, really raw storytelling.
Jul 31, 2016 7:18 AM
Apr 2016
It's funny how so many people who hate Lise completely ass kiss Yuno gasai even though they're the same. Lise is more justified in her actions than Yuno was.
Aug 1, 2016 8:05 PM

Jan 2008
Bboyyomama said:
It's funny how so many people who hate Lise completely ass kiss Yuno gasai even though they're the same. Lise is more justified in her actions than Yuno was.

Yup, we can see that.

Dec 24, 2016 2:49 PM
Mar 2016
the bitch is fibally dead, yes.
May 28, 2017 11:20 PM

Dec 2012
Theodor deserved that.
Iris!
Even if you can wipe that ass, I'll still wipe it for you.
It is indeed a nice ass.
Your opinion is irrelevant.
Damn. Shit dropped on her.
Blew her the fock up.
Shards in the oppai.
Lise is finally dead.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 24, 2017 11:29 PM

Aug 2014
Fuchs23 said:
So basically Lise was raped, tortured and used by stasi in exchange for brother freedom. And after that time Theodor in fact didn't help her.

He slept with her and thought that now she will be completely obedient. Next he run to confess to Irisdina. Lise saw that brother was using her and preferred other girl.

It's not strange that she felt betrayed and become even more broken.

Couldn't have said it better, Theodor is nothing but a traitor. He betrayed his own family in the past and betrayed them in the present.
Aug 17, 2019 11:37 PM

Aug 2018
Well thank God he did the dirty deed. Goodbye Lise, we won’t miss you.
Jun 7, 2020 8:24 PM

Jul 2016
Zeitresu said:
Anlex said:
"No matter what happens, I will wipe your ass for you."
"I can wipe my own ass."

"It is a nice ass." - the best scene ever

^ This. 10/10 episode. Would nice ass again.

I chuckled loudly at this part.
Mar 28, 2021 5:21 PM

Jul 2013
rme @ ass scene

Lise died the best death to be fair T_T her brother/lover took her out with a mercy kill. If this anime wasn't so War Is Tragic, she could've went to therapy and shit. Oh well.
Sep 25, 2023 2:14 AM

Mar 2013
I'd really like it if the author could just make Lisa not get killed by her big brother. I'd rather her be alive and see the triumphant return of their sweet daily lives they once had when they were little.
To give hope to Lise that someday, at the end of all things, their hardships of battle their own kind, the abominable Stasi, and loathsome BETA that they loathe in their hearts.

I really wished for a happy ending like this but... the author has other things to think about. I guess.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2016

173 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 25, 2023 8:10 AM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2016

78 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 25, 2023 7:58 AM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2016

115 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 24, 2023 10:28 PM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2016

76 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 23, 2023 6:11 AM

Poll: » Will season 2nd be available in later?

SametTakao - Jul 30, 2023

3 by volgenauts »»
Aug 3, 2023 7:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.