Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 10, 2016 2:19 AM

Jan 2014
Serious question. Why is Yuno so good at fighting? Okay I know it sounds dumb that I'm questioning this considering we got a toddler with veteran assassin experience. I mean really half of the characters are inexplicably capable in combat, but regardless we never really get very deep into their backstory and I can cut some slack for the side characters we don't see much. However as a main character we learn practically everything we need to know about Yuno's experience, and throughout the series I was expecting some kind of explanation by the end.

Turns out there really isn't any hint towards the source of Yuno's skill, at least from what I can gather after just finishing the series (haven't read the manga btw). I suppose the line of thinking on the writers part is that Yuno fills the trope of the Yandere, which for whatever reason are often very capable in hand to hand combat. Getting to a bigger point, why are Yandere's so unstoppable? Yuno's is constantly fighting well experienced men and consistently besting opponents even when outnumbered. This is just a teenager with a knife. I really find it hard to believe Yuno can really be that invincible on the battlefield, and simply screaming "She's Yandere!" or "She's crazy!" doesn't mean anything to me.

One solution I've come up with is that her "god" status in the second world sorta of boosted her stats, so to speak. However, if that's the case then how the heck did Yuno and Yukki make it to the end in the first world? She'd have to be a formidable fighter from the start to get anywhere, and it's not like she was taking lessons from her parents.

Haha, this is probably more of a post-series rant than a legitimate question, but if anyone can enlightening me go ahead and do it.
Signature is too edgy for me.
Mar 11, 2016 7:07 AM
Jan 2016
I think Yuno is very good at fighting because she's done it all before? she's had a fair amount of time to learn fighting from the previous survival game (since the second game is actually moving a lot faster than the previous one) so she could have learned there?

plus, adrenaline from all that yandere shit probably adds to that too
Mar 11, 2016 3:58 PM

Jan 2014
BlackVulcan77 said:
I think Yuno is very good at fighting because she's done it all before? she's had a fair amount of time to learn fighting from the previous survival game (since the second game is actually moving a lot faster than the previous one) so she could have learned there?

I suppose I can buy that; Now that I think about it after surviving the first survival game she probably knows all the diary owner's weaknesses. Doesn't explain how she won the first survival game but I can live with that.
Signature is too edgy for me.
Mar 11, 2016 4:13 PM

Aug 2014
BlackVulcan77 said:
Her having done it all before doesn't mean much though. In the 1st world, Yukki did most of the job, so Yuno didn't fight for the most part. Just watching someone fight doesn't make you a master at fighting and gives you the ability to fight even/on pair with a police offer, terrorist, a duo that are really strong together, a bunch of children WITH GUNS etc.

To the question, @Kmolson I'll say she is OP for the sake of being OP/plot armor, nothing else to it.
May 2, 2016 10:51 AM
Mar 2016
Because power of love
May 2, 2016 10:52 AM
Jan 2013
Protagonism
yeah yeah yeah
gone bai bai
May 15, 2016 12:10 PM

Jun 2010
BlackVulcan77 said:

Somehow I disagree, since she's played only once before. It'd be a different story if this was the 10th game. And I'm sure everyone has adrenaline running through their body.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 9, 2017 12:23 PM
Jan 2017
Because she has the power of plot
Oct 16, 2021 7:50 AM
Dec 2017
simply put its to make them look badass as possible

More topics from this board

» Animes like Mirai Nikki?

Rovy62815 - Apr 22

23 by xXGoreGrinderXx »»
Yesterday, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 19, 2012

305 by Salty_Cookie »»
Apr 21, 5:23 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 16, 2011

364 by Konyalianimekizi »»
Apr 20, 1:50 PM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 12, 2012

259 by Salty_Cookie »»
Apr 20, 6:27 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 5, 2012

326 by Salty_Cookie »»
Apr 19, 8:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.