Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 8, 2016 1:38 PM

May 2015
PatheticRanger said:
SodiumChloride said:

I was a Yu Gi Oh person my self but.......

Same, personally I think Yu-Gi-Oh was better than pokemon as an anime at least. The games are debatable though as to which are better. Also helped that the anime was silly at times which made it open to parodies.

Hell, i agree, Yu-Gi-Oh took itself so seriously it became funny as hell.

And the sequels being even more ridiculous helps too, like stating that the universe was created because of card games or the new anime actually having a multiversal war that is fought using Duel Monsters(...to be fair to Arc-V, the soldiers have technology that makes the card effects and monsters be real and capable of destroying buildings and killing people, they even show an city that was demolished using some monsters and we see an actual sports stadium being destroyed by an card monster that attacks by going into space and lauching an giant laser from space), they change things enough to continue being interesting, they even change the duels and the way the card game is played itself.

Yu-Gi-Oh anime really is better than Pokemon, at least they change things.

Mar 8, 2016 1:40 PM
Feb 2014
If people want Ash to die in Pokemon, then I guess the same people must want Ichigo to die in Aikatsu.

Heartless bastards. @Kagami_Hiiragi
Mar 8, 2016 1:41 PM

Mar 2014
No. No, we do not need to kill Ash already.
Mar 8, 2016 1:59 PM

May 2013
I don't think it matters when it comes to the games, the main characters are mostly self-inserts, they don't need a back story for the game to work. What bugs me about Ash is that he keeps doing the same mistakes and always learns the same lesson in each new region. It's weird, but it really doesn't ruin the whole experience for me. That being said, I would welcome a change in main character for sure.

Nico- said:
If people want Ash to die in Pokemon, then I guess the same people must want Ichigo to die in Aikatsu.

Heartless bastards. @Kagami_Hiiragi

Time to say goodbye to all my favorite characters. Sometimes you just have to let go. :c
Mar 8, 2016 2:25 PM

Mar 2014
drahan said:
Stand_Alone_Void said:
Pokemon fanservice?

That Geodude has a nice rack.
Stand_Alone_Void said:
Pokemon fanservice?

That Geodude has a nice rack.
geodude always did and lets not even talk about machamp
Still man the best is charizard because he always makes me feel so hot.

"What?"
Mar 8, 2016 2:28 PM

May 2015
drahan said:
RainyRai said:
Pokemon is a game series that doesn't really have the strongest plot. Sure, they try sometimes, and they succeed, but for the most part Pokemon is about the adventure. They can't get rid of Ash now that he's been here for so long.

There is no problem with Ash being in the show forever as long as they can keep it entertaining.
but having the same mc for 10 years dont bore the shit out of you?

I don't care if it's the same guy in any show as long as it entertains.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Mar 8, 2016 3:31 PM

Aug 2014
GrimStorm said:
PatheticRanger said:

Same, personally I think Yu-Gi-Oh was better than pokemon as an anime at least. The games are debatable though as to which are better. Also helped that the anime was silly at times which made it open to parodies.

Hell, i agree, Yu-Gi-Oh took itself so seriously it became funny as hell.

And the sequels being even more ridiculous helps too, like stating that the universe was created because of card games or the new anime actually having a multiversal war that is fought using Duel Monsters(...to be fair to Arc-V, the soldiers have technology that makes the card effects and monsters be real and capable of destroying buildings and killing people, they even show an city that was demolished using some monsters and we see an actual sports stadium being destroyed by an card monster that attacks by going into space and lauching an giant laser from space), they change things enough to continue being interesting, they even change the duels and the way the card game is played itself.

Yu-Gi-Oh anime really is better than Pokemon, at least they change things.

I never watched Yu-Gi-Oh beyond GX. To be fair I never finished the original show or GX, but I do plan to finish the original at some point though. The best thing is that the show takes itself seriously which makes it great in its own way.
Mar 25, 2016 9:05 AM
Feb 2016
Ash is awesome dude. Before I watch the anime i see Froakie as nothing. But now I see him in a new different light. And that is all because of ash.
Mar 25, 2016 10:16 AM

Jul 2015
Ash is trying to win a regional league cup for too long which is not good in case of making that MC likeable. IMO it's time for him to move to the position held by Brock, Cilan (man, he was annoying) and Clemont. Another cool character should take Ash's place tryin' to enter the league, Ash should travel with him to improve his skills to challenge the E4. That way Ash won't leave the main cast and most viewers will be satisfied.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 2, 2016 1:46 AM

Jul 2014
shintai88 said:
It can end when Ash and Misty get married and have kids.

That's never gonna happen. Besides he's with his childhood friend(and everyone knows childhood friends rank pretty high up there)
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Apr 2, 2016 1:58 AM

May 2015
who the fuck actually watches this show
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Apr 5, 2016 5:19 AM
Dec 2009
shintai88 said:

Sadly I doubt Misty is ever coming back... kids watching today don't even know her :(
Apr 5, 2016 5:29 AM
May 2009
Lararin said:
shintai88 said:

Sadly I doubt Misty is ever coming back... kids watching today don't even know her :(

I can only wish. I mean who knows they might do a if Only: Special. To drag back audiences of that era back into the game.
Apr 5, 2016 6:02 AM
Dec 2009
shintai88 said:
Lararin said:

I can only wish. I mean who knows they might do a if Only: Special. To drag back audiences of that era back into the game.

That would be interesting. With the upcoming release of Pokemon Go (which looks like it's being marketed to not just little kids but adults that grew up with the series as well) they could have a TV special or something perhaps? Not gonna get my hopes up but...
Apr 5, 2016 6:12 AM
May 2009
Lararin said:

That would be interesting. With the upcoming release of Pokemon Go (which looks like it's being marketed to not just little kids but adults that grew up with the series as well) they could have a TV special or something perhaps? Not gonna get my hopes up but...

The Anime pretty much exists to promote the game.
Problem with Ash though is that each generation of its audience probably has shipped him with which ever female companion they grew up watching him with.

Also I guess if they introduce a romance mechanic into the new pokemon games, they could promote it with a Romance special of some kind. But again yeah not gonna get hopes but. still something I want to see happen.
Apr 9, 2016 3:52 AM

Mar 2016
xRhai said:
So theres still some who watches this

Pokemon XY has been way better than previous seasons. The animation quality and most the story is refreshing in comparison to the last few iterations.
Apr 10, 2016 5:05 AM

May 2009
Malarkey said:
who the fuck actually watches this show

Alot, XY hasn't been swimming around the late 7's for nothing. XYZ is nearing the 8 for being so great and refreshing.
Apr 28, 2016 4:32 AM

Aug 2010
GaryMuffuginOak said:
To replace Ash pokemon needs to
1. Let him win a league championship
2. Develop a love interest.

That's enough for me. I did have an idea for a new pokemon anime that is based off the MCs of each pokemon game, with each season focusing on another region. And then there would be a final season, where they all meet each other at the pokemon world championships and that be some cool sheet.

This. And now that we have Serena in the game, and an OP Greninja. It would be great to see a good ending to the series with Ash, if they really would want to continue the series they can always do so with a new generation because honestly I wouldn't mind checking it out.

BecauseAllYourThoughtsAreWicked | Sailor Mars
Apr 28, 2016 6:19 AM

Jul 2007
If the games had different plot at least, that would be improvement. It's always just win these gym badges and deal with Team Rocket/Plasma/whatever they named them this time.

Maybe add some rpg quests too, like defeat this boss pokemon to get money and things like that, yeah they had Snorlax and that tree but it's just 1 time and never seen again. I want more of that.
Apr 28, 2016 1:24 PM
Jan 2015
I hate people that don't watch the show and make stupid comments.
Shadow
Apr 29, 2016 11:12 AM

Aug 2006
xRhai said:
So theres still some who watches this

"still" lol I started watching XY and I stopped after early Johto back when I only had the 4kids dub.

XY is actually about as good as the original series was, sometimes better since the animation is really good (almost movie quality, good usage of 3D camera) and there are cuter girls than Misty in the show now (every Serena episode we get new waifus). Every single gym battle is actually GOOD and not a complete cop-out bullshit (seriously remember how Ash beat Brock?) Worth the time to watch for those reasons alone.

Heigen said:
If the games had different plot at least, that would be improvement. It's always just win these gym badges and deal with Team Rocket/Plasma/whatever they named them this time.

Maybe add some rpg quests too, like defeat this boss pokemon to get money and things like that, yeah they had Snorlax and that tree but it's just 1 time and never seen again. I want more of that.

Black and White games did have an actual plot compared to other Pokemon games (it was really serious and pretty dark in general). And that didn't work in the anime.

Basically, they already tried that with the Black and White anime (made Team Rocket more serious and actually competent, actually had a "serious" plot going on). It was a failure because the writers couldn't write a good story and failed hard. Team Rocket is actually better written as silly characters now in XY than they ever were in Black/White trying to be serious. XY is the best they've done so far in terms of trying to write concurrent stories. We have the squishy/Zygarde thing, Alain's story, Greninja and Ash, and Serena's story going on all at the same time and it works. But they never let it get too complex is the thing.
zonnikkuApr 29, 2016 11:20 AM
Apr 29, 2016 2:18 PM

Nov 2013
i like ash and have no problem with him staying

but...like others said...i always thought they could make more pokemon origin...
5-10 episodes for each region or something... or take some ideas from the manga
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Apr 29, 2016 3:03 PM

Jul 2013
Nope, I actually like Ash. He'll win the league and shut you all up.
Apr 29, 2016 3:16 PM

Nov 2008
Pokemon will sell games if Ash is gone, Pokemon is mainstream even bodybuilders like Pokemon. The franchise will survive with a new protagonist.

May 7, 2016 4:47 PM

May 2009
Soul-Master said:
Nope, I actually like Ash. He'll win the league and shut you all up.

He definitely will, he was about to give the final blow against Diantha her Gardevoir!! GODDAMN It's only a matter of time now, the odds of Ash becoming champion are tremendously high.

ShoryuukenMay 7, 2016 4:51 PM
May 7, 2016 11:21 PM

Mar 2015
I personally want pokemon anime series as a whole to end.

It's getting ridiculous at this point.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2016 12:46 AM

May 2009
-FS- said:

I originally though the same, until XY happened. If writing and animation quality stays on XY level it doesn't have to go anywhere to me.
May 8, 2016 12:48 AM

Mar 2015
Shoryuuken said:
-FS- said:

I originally though the same, until XY happened. If writing and animation quality stays on XY level it doesn't have to go anywhere to me.
They should at least, introduce romance into the anime and aim the show for teens, the current one is just for small kids.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2016 12:51 AM

May 2009
-FS- said:
Shoryuuken said:

They should at least, introduce romance into the anime and aim the show for teens, the current one is just for small kids.

I beg to correct you on this one, as Serena does have a crush on Ash and often expresses to through actions. Obviously Ash is oblivious to it, but they do have their moments in XY. Personally, XY is the animé both adults and kids desire, an overpowered main character. XY has more then enough themes to keep an adult interested, such as Alan his road to power and Team Flare their motives.

What else do you expect from the Pokémon Origins writers.
May 8, 2016 12:55 AM

Mar 2015
Shoryuuken said:
-FS- said:

I beg to correct you on this one, as Serena does have a crush on Ash and often expresses to through actions. Obviously Ash is oblivious to it, but they do have their moments in XY. Personally, XY is the animé both adults and kids desire, an overpowered main character. XY has more then enough themes to keep an adult interested, such as Alan his road to power and Team Flare their motives.

Calling it: Ash and Serena part ways at the end of XY.
May 8, 2016 12:58 AM

May 2009
-FS- said:
Shoryuuken said:

I do not care what'll happen at the end of XY, what counts is what is brought on the table, as of right now XY is the best season of Pokémon. It satisfies both newcomers and longtime pokémon fans.
May 8, 2016 12:59 AM

Mar 2015
Shoryuuken said:
-FS- said:

I do not care what'll happen at the end of XY, what counts is what is brought on the table, as of right now XY is the best season of Pokémon. It satisfies both newcomers and longtime pokémon fans.
It will also break the hearts of many shippers, no?
May 8, 2016 1:01 AM

May 2009
-FS- said:
Shoryuuken said:

It will also break the hearts of many shippers, no?

Including mine, as I do fucking ship SerenaxAsh lmao.
May 8, 2016 1:05 AM

May 2008
Ash is like a human mascot of the Pokemon anime, they can't get rid of him. xD
May 8, 2016 1:34 AM

Dec 2013
shouldn't he be like in his 30s by now?
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
May 8, 2016 2:00 AM

May 2009
By that logic, anime main character from a long running series should be an old fart by now. Ash is 14 in XY incase everyone is wondering.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 9 Discussion

Norjack2 - Dec 24, 2015

12 by PrOxAnto »»
Apr 14, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 7 Discussion

Norjack2 - Dec 10, 2015

14 by PrOxAnto »»
Apr 14, 8:30 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 5 Discussion

-Koga- - Nov 27, 2015

9 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 25, 9:07 AM

» Can I watch this as a standalone?

Nemersis - Jan 22

34 by Nemersis »»
Mar 7, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 3 Discussion

StarryWindy - Nov 12, 2015

16 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 6, 6:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.