Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Mar 29, 2016 3:51 PM

Jun 2015
Very, very good episode. Also proper way to get back to this series after this long break.
Mar 30, 2016 10:48 PM

Oct 2008
we've waited for how long? half a year and this is what we get!? only the flashback feels of Lenka? damn shit!
3/5.

Mar 31, 2016 9:17 PM

Jan 2008
Jesus Christ... This is like a different anime, I really didn't expect to cry at anything in this show. 😅
Apr 3, 2016 3:47 PM

May 2010
she realized she loved him (romantically)....right as/before she started getting eaten by a fucking aragami....well thats a shame
Apr 10, 2016 2:06 PM

Jul 2009
Holy crap ... what an episode to come back to! I was really hoping that Iroha would get out of there alive somehow T_T Didn't expect her to fall in love with Lenka, I mean I saw the hints of him liking HER when Rindou saved them, but dang ... that last scene was so sad :'( SHE KILLED HERSELF SO HE WOULD LEAVE ... NOOOOO T_T Ugh dang it Lenka you better avenge her and anyway who doesn't love some pseudo-incest? LOL XD Anyway that was a really good flashback episode, their family stuck it out for so long ... ugh brb crying D:
Apr 14, 2016 9:26 AM

Apr 2016
That pure gal slicing her own throat... at least she was dreaming about reuniting with Lenka and saying 愛してる while the monsters were eating her alive... Them chills... (-.-)
Apr 14, 2016 10:24 PM

Jul 2012
Damn what a smart move she made, sad suprise. I think its probably the best, most important episode of the series. Although idk I had mixed feeling on Lenka and Iroha's relationship, seemed a little mixed outside the sibling thing :)D.

One thing though, just got back from watching AToT Animated Movie part 1, I think Titan did the "leave parent behind scenario" better, however. Lame thought, great episode.

Read on a wiki, I bet lots of us must hate looking up an anime and seeing the word "original", she's an original character. Also remember now after a spoiler comment on the wiki, someone's going turncoat.

One last edit, she DEFINITELY did not view Lenka as just a little bro.
kUshPandA_ENJOiApr 14, 2016 10:35 PM
Feels like losing all five senses &
Maybe not able to have thoughts,

Enjoi...
Apr 16, 2016 1:24 PM

Apr 2013
The feels... RIP Iroha and the family T_T
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Apr 19, 2016 2:22 AM

Mar 2012
Welp, time to get it over with. Didn't expect them to start off with a backstory episode.
Apr 23, 2016 12:32 AM

Sep 2008
kUshPandA_ENJOi said:

Read on a wiki, I bet lots of us must hate looking up an anime and seeing the word "original", she's an original character. Also remember now after a spoiler comment on the wiki, someone's going turncoat.

Don't quite understand what you mean here...what do you hate about "original"? She is Anime only because the Protag in GE1 is self insert and has no background to speak of.

As for their relationship....yeahhhh i try not to think about it.
Apr 23, 2016 12:40 AM

Jul 2012
TheUnknownMerc said:
kUshPandA_ENJOi said:

Don't quite understand what you mean here...what do you hate about "original"? She is Anime only because the Protag in GE1 is self insert and has no background to speak of.

Yeah, sorry for the misinfo on that, I just found out today while looking at the franchise that Lenka was an original too. Can't wait for Res to come to PC, hopefully with a voice mod for the original voice cast.
Feels like losing all five senses &
Maybe not able to have thoughts,

Enjoi...
Apr 23, 2016 4:21 AM

Sep 2015
ToshiroChan said:
I'm dead inside, this scene so beautiful.

I kinda hoped that Iroha would survive somehow, i'm tired of going to feeltrip, i just wanna rest a bit for love's sake, why Iroha died tho why ?

The Feels hit hard in this episode. Pretty Kickass start to the 2nd part. Didn't see the date this was returning so a bit late lol
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Apr 23, 2016 5:18 AM

Sep 2008
kUshPandA_ENJOi said:
TheUnknownMerc said:

Yeah, sorry for the misinfo on that, I just found out today while looking at the franchise that Lenka was an original too. Can't wait for Res to come to PC, hopefully with a voice mod for the original voice cast.

While the character Lenka is technically Anime Original, he is based on a Protag in the game who, like himself, starts off with really no background. The difference the the character in the game doesn't really grow and is more self insert than anything. Lenka on the other hand grows throughout the series using background and events. That background is where these characters come from.

Voice cast will be

Q: In terms of localization, will the game be fully localized or can we expect Japanese voice acting with English subtitles?

Yoshimura: All the Japanese voices will be localised into English, and you will have subtitles as well.

Q: Will there be the option to still have Japanese voice with English subtitles?

Yoshimura: It’s just going to be pure English.
Apr 26, 2016 11:06 PM
Apr 2016
I finished the entire Season in 1 Day... I've been watching anime for quite a long time and episode 10 is a masterpiece. Never seen anything even close to this.

Same Character introduced and died in the same episode.

I was so sad that I had trouble breathing every time i think of her sister telling him the truth and the regret on her face while being eaten. I just couldn't image how much Iroha wanted say to Lenka after telling him that they aren't related. All the things she wanted to say after she told him they weren't related...

I think she regrets so much for telling him this late. I feel like she loves him more than just a sister's love.

ALL THIS BULLSHIT COULD HAVE BEEN PREVENTED!!!

All they had to do was tell Lenka " Yo dude, sorry to tell you this, but we aren't related. You came out positive for the God Eater Program, and only family members can enter. So please fuck my daughter and have a baby together, that way we are a family."

AT LEAST IROHA COULD HAVE SURVIVED.

I need a ending, a happy ending for them, when they reunite. Or at least a haven where her sister can over watch Lenka. That way I could live better.
Apr 26, 2016 11:09 PM
Apr 2016
QcK_Dagger_HeaT said:
ToshiroChan said:

I kinda hoped that Iroha would survive somehow, i'm tired of going to feeltrip, i just wanna rest a bit for love's sake, why Iroha died tho why ?

The Feels hit hard in this episode. Pretty Kickass start to the 2nd part. Didn't see the date this was returning so a bit late lol
I feel you, my chest gets so heavy that I have trouble breathing every time I see this Hugging scene, then straight onto her being eaten, with the mindless face of regrets. FUCK THIS ANIME. I CAN'T LIVE PEACEFULLY WITHOUT A HAPPY ENDING TO THEM.
Apr 28, 2016 4:48 PM
Apr 2016
What is the name of the soundtrack while Iroha say good bye to Lenka? I bought the Insert OST and the Anime OST, and i will be listening to it 24/7/365. Cost me a good amount of money tho.

Please tell me the name of the background music while Iroha tell lenka to not pray to god in a world like this.

Thank you!!!!
May 8, 2016 1:35 PM

Jan 2015
Wow Lenka's past damn !!
May 14, 2016 6:27 PM

Feb 2014
Sad episode for our protagonist.
May 29, 2016 1:27 PM

May 2012
Damn what a melodramatic episode :( quite the strong backstory I must say! Really nice but yet so tragic! Let's see what's next.
Jun 8, 2016 3:16 PM

Mar 2016
well fuck me in the ass....
Bruneian
Here
Feel
Free
To
Add
Mehh
You
Fkin
Scrub
Jul 1, 2016 1:39 AM
Jun 2016
what a niche cap I feel sad, is getting interesting I wonder what happend to Alise and Lindow
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 22, 2016 12:18 AM

Jul 2015
I cried!
Rest in peace, Iroha.
Aug 13, 2016 3:26 AM

Jul 2013
Holy fuck this is dark. I don't remember the game to be like this. Did they really have to show Lenka's sister being eaten by those goddamn ogretails?

Anyway, 3 people died for Lenka. And in the previous episode he was told that he would live only 3 more years IF he stopped using his god arc but he did. So how long does he have now? I just hope it's worth it.
Sep 25, 2016 7:25 PM

Jul 2013
Woooow, I took a bit long to come back and continue the series... this episode just hit me hard! Speechless
Sep 27, 2016 10:44 AM
Sep 2015
Me=iroha:"lenka....."
Me:"NO!!! Don't say it PLS!!!)
Iroha:"..........I love you"
Me:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ee925OTFBCA
Oct 26, 2016 3:36 PM

Dec 2015
This was a really sad episode...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 1, 2016 9:29 PM
Jan 2013
Holy sh*t that kicked me right in the feels!

Manly tears damn it! They are MANLY tears!
Nov 2, 2016 9:05 PM

Feb 2014
Raining gore fanservice
Dec 2, 2016 9:43 PM

May 2014
ExoticBankai said:
The animation and the decor where beautiful but they had month to do it so that's the minimum, best episode of the series so far, a lot of cliche in this flashback but it was still good.

And was it me or did she cut her throat but keep talking for like 2 minutes, that was weird haha

its anime logic. everything works here. :P
Dec 2, 2016 10:00 PM

May 2014
Daym this were my feelings after watching this ep.:

I understand the cruelty of this ep. but to let Iroha get eaten by Aragami alive after she had cut her throat were totally unnecessary. I mean really? I know it's suppose to be gore and cruel, but that's just too much. Regardless, they did a great job here. Great combination with music and animation. Dunno about ripping off SnK since I still haven't watched it. Yes, shame on me. ;)

Anyways, what I really didn't understand was Iroha's last line before she died: "Now I see. Sorry dad and mom". Was it because she finally realized that she loved (with feelings) Lenka? And did she say sorry because she couldn't hold her promise that they both will reach Ferir alive together. Can anyone explain? Know it's pretty late since I put this show on hiatus (since I had to wait so long for the next ep=, but if anyone is interested to answer I will be grateful.
Dec 2, 2016 10:28 PM

May 2014
ToshiroChan said:

Daym totally difference in quality between TV version and Blue ray version. Watching the BD version, and got to say daym the quality difference is insane. O_O

See for yourself:
mangalicker94Dec 2, 2016 10:36 PM
Jan 19, 2017 10:55 PM

Aug 2016
Hello darkness, My old friend.....
*cries in the corner*
Feb 25, 2017 1:45 AM

Dec 2012
Oh, so Lenka was adopted.

What's up with Iroha's hair changing color. lol

So Lenka met Rindou before. No wonder Sakuya asked Lenka where he got the compass.

Damn! DAT IROHA OPPAI! DAT BOOTY!

WTF! My eyes got watery. DAT HUG!

I knew Iroha was in love with Lenka when she looked at his huge back and touched it. lol She had to apologize to her parents because of that. Always sad when a good set of oppai and booty die.

What an episode.

smh All you people mentioning incest must not know what incest means.
RobFeb 25, 2017 2:04 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 2, 2017 11:42 AM

Sep 2014
Knowing about Lenka's past , how he lost whole his family to which he wasn't even related , it makes everything even more sad that his death is also around the corner..
Oct 5, 2017 1:02 PM

Apr 2014
yo that was depressing

Oct 9, 2017 3:20 AM
Oct 2017
Sparteh said:
My favorite episode so far.

Since ufotable are pretty much plagiarizing SnK anyone want to bet that Lenka will turn into aragami in the end? XD

I just wanna say this was a game released in 2013 later adapted into the story telling anime you see here season 1 of SnK released in 2014 so i dont see in any way shape or form how god eater can be plagiarizing SnK if theyre that similar than the anime adaptation of SnK could be attributed to plagiarizing the god eater game as the story in the game is almost identical to the anime with the one exception being lenka and his past
Oct 22, 2017 2:04 PM
Chicken King

Jun 2017
Damn!! One of the best episodes ever! So much feels
Feb 15, 2018 11:52 PM

Sep 2011
Definitely the substance the anime needed.
Mar 21, 2018 11:58 AM
Jul 2017
This episode was full of emotions, especially when Iroha killed herself.
Nov 10, 2018 11:42 PM

Feb 2018
Wow best onee-san/sister ever...
R.I.P Lenka family..
Mar 21, 2019 7:39 PM

Jul 2013
Damn that was sad :(

I knew when Lenkas mother got ill and he also that they had do decide....
The scene with Lenkas father also reminded me a lot on the first episode of AoT.

Why couldn't Iroha survive. The scene with her and Lenka at the lake was just beautiful. :(

Oct 28, 2019 12:23 PM
Apr 2018
I remember I almost cried while watching this episode.I watched god eater by accident and ended up loving it 100%.great show
Mar 10, 2020 8:48 AM
Jun 2019
My heart cry after watch this 😢😢
Jun 26, 2020 10:31 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Good lord, this was a stunning episode! Iroha-oneechan is best Onee-chan!

Grim reminder of the harsh world once again. Passing the baton of hope, god this hit me hard.

Looking forward to this finish now!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 26, 2020 12:54 PM

May 2015
Yeah the second they introduced the sister and we found out it was Lenka as the kid I knew she was gonna die. But jesus christ did you have to show us her being eaten? Honestly when she cut herself I was a bit glad cause I thought that was at least better than being eaten alive but she was eaten anyway. She didnt bleed out from the cut either. That was horrible.

She was very talkative for someone who just cut their throat open though. She was a good character and I liked her which made it worse. Honestly just that 3-5 seconds of seeing her lifeless body being eaten was horrible. I didnt need to see that.

Damn you main protaganist family dead cliche! We knew they'd die from the simple fact of we didnt see them with him at all through the series.

Im not particularly sure what the last part was about with the nice field. At first I thought it was Iroha in the afterlife but then Lenka was there. Im guessing it was just her last moments of thinking. I ship them. Sadly cant anymore.
DarknessRealityJul 26, 2020 1:01 PM
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 31, 2020 4:05 AM
Jul 2020
This episode was so tragic.the music was really good,made me feel this episode man.this must have traumstizing for the kid,no wonder he doesnt speak much afterwards.all that runs through his brain now is revenge "for my cute waifu".
Sep 24, 2020 5:27 PM

Jul 2017
Beautifully handled eppisode.

This hit surprisingly hard. I guess somewhere along the way, I found a reason to care for this series. This episode definitely got to me.

Oct 11, 2020 12:42 PM
Jun 2020
Done watching the whole series, and am hesitant to write a review since it would be kinda tiring. But I will at least leave a comment for this episode first.

This episode is the best episode out of all 13 of them. It is done so well in terms of the characters and story-telling and music. Though I would like to emphasize that is "So well" as compared to the other 12 episodes, not in a general sense. (After all, the whole show is really bad that I could be easily impressed with something average)

This episode's story-telling is the most coherent out of all the others, that I am actually touched by it....
The only thing they messed up was how Iroha could keep talking on and on and on after slashing her throat... Even though I should be used to how this show's plot amour works by now.

mushi_JyouOct 11, 2020 12:46 PM
Dec 6, 2020 9:11 PM

Jun 2020
I recently rewatched the series, but I didn’t think it all the way through. The feels train slammed into me.

Mar 2, 2021 7:12 PM
Oct 2019
heart breaking

his sister being so happy to look at the book of plants as a little girl made me feel good. and then...fuuuuuuuuuuu

best episode in awhile for this series. nice to get clarity on the compass
HagePotPotatoMar 2, 2021 7:31 PM
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » God Eater Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2015

636 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 5:53 PM

» Is this like the worst anime OST ever?

Kayle_x_Morgana - Apr 4, 2022

8 by RudeRedis »»
Mar 2, 7:39 AM

» Is it good?

Bijou146 - Jan 18

15 by HenryLeo123 »»
Jan 19, 11:51 AM

Poll: » God Eater Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

262 by Tropisch »»
Jan 4, 7:30 PM

Poll: » God Eater Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2016

143 by Nikmomo93 »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.