Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 3, 2016 6:28 AM

Sep 2014
Interview with Cookies

Interviewed and edited by SnugglyWhuggly

Tell us more about yourself
Well as most of you people probably know I'm Cookies or Azza or Kiteen or whatever you’d like to call me. Straight off the bat I’d like everybody to know that in real life I have a huge phallus. Yes, I’m a guy, to all the people that don’t know that. Originally on the forums I was just some normal person but for whatever reason people just thought that I was a girl. I’ve got at least 20 screenshots of people’s reactions when I tell them that I’m a guy. I don’t really know what it is, but hey, at least I get more beta orbiters this way. Soon enough, just naturally coming off as a girl evolved into purposely playing the role of a guy and switching back and forth simply to confuse people. Not going to lie, I still do this occasionally.

Ok so now that’s out of the way, my name in real life is Aaron and if you’re name’s Aaron and you've been to Australia then your name gets changed to “Azza”, hence the name I go by everywhere but on the MAL forums. In real life I'm your classic jock, although less of an asshole in comparison to those you see in your classic American chick flick and I look like an eleven year old despite being nearly seventeen. Unlike seemingly most the MAL community, I spend the better half of my time playing sports and messing around with my friends, although that doesn't change the fact I turn into total weeb mode from time to time.

Being the narcissistic extrovert I am, I could go on for hours about how much of a loser glorious person I am in real life, but I wouldn't want you to read how pathetic I am in real life to waste your time reading about what I'm really like, you know, just in case you get the slightest bit of self-esteem jealous.

Give us a brief history of your time on MAL. Which sections of MAL are you the most active on?
First time I went on the forums was about mid-2014, right about now you’re probably looking at my join date thinking I’m on crack but all I really did was browse current events and actually watch anime and not just spend more of my time on a forum about anime. Eventually the account descended into oblivion with inactivity but once I moved to another country in real life (Switzerland) I created this account, knowing I’d need to spend my time somewhere online because I would have to kick-start my depressing glorious reputation all over again.

I didn't do much, just casually browser CD, until there was a thread about the best club in MAL. Naturally that thread was plagued with CD 2 cancer which struck a high note and inspired me to join the club. Ever since then I've developed a “shitposting” alternate personality on the forums, hence while one day I’ll be serious and then next day I’ll be making a thread about how Helion1 is our glorious lord and saviour.

Soon enough MAL Central started up and I ventured there, which is where my “not-shitposting” personality thrived. With a bit of anal persuasion smooth talking, I turned into a CD 2 admin, did absolutely nothing, shitposted some more, and then here I am now.

In regards to the last question, most of my time now is spent in Casual Discussion (excluding clubs), although I do spend some time on Current Events and Anime Discussion, more and more so on the latter.

How do you think the MAL community sees you? How do you feel about that?
That’s probably just on a person-person basis, some people would see me as “elegant anti-lood innocence queen” while others as “that guy who spends too much time shitposting and browsing 4chan”. The people who view me as “So laid back he’s probably been in a hospital bed with a burst appendix” are probably the most correct, some people would view me as polar opposites of each other but I honestly couldn’t care less if I’m seen as Vladimir Lenin or Galileo Galilei.

What do you feel about the board you use the most? What do you feel about the community in general?
I know the majority of regular users on the board outside the board itself but I mean I guess the community is pretty laid back which is nice. What I dislike about the board is the vast majority of threads. Please. It’s time to stop. Like the amount of threads by thirsty fourteen year olds seeking internet girlfriends, or people who make threads saying “My friend is looking for [something sexual/illicit substance]” when everybody knows that “my friend” means “me” or even those thread asking “Do women really want [just about any noun]?!?!?!?!” just makes me die a little bit inside. Snuggly’s idea about writing a 3000 or-so word essay before being able to post and if you fail you get perma’d is the greatest idea I've come across in my life. MAL mods, implement please.

How do you feel about how the site is run? Especially in regards to the moderators and admins.
It’s not as bad as people claim, but that’s mainly because I feel like they’re biased towards me for whatever reason, despite all my anti-mod propaganda I make. Most the mods are laid back down to earth people >most, and I rarely get in trouble so I honestly don’t have much of a problem.

Any users you like? Why?
Oh boy, this is going to be so big I’ll split it up into sections: CD 2

Other

MALC

Any users you dislike? Why?
[Insert standard “I don’t dislike users but rather certain behaviours” paragraph here] Honestly I’d just give the same generic answer here, but I’ll actually state the stuff people do that I don’t like: Be uptight. Honestly though that’s pretty much it, like come on guys it’s a forum about anime.

What are some MAL members you consider the most influential? You're not allowed to include yourself.
[Insert “Xinil” and then most of the admin staff’s names here]. Admins have full control over everything so there’s not real people I’d consider influential unless someone did some lood favours for one for their own strategic interests

Is there a MAL member you would want to take on a date or get to know better? Who and why?
I believe I should be put on “The Bachelor” and all the contestants are the staff from MAL, I’d take them all out to pubs where they can drink away their “MAL Drama” worries and hopefully loosen up a bit too. Yeah that’s a good idea, sign me up please. Honestly though I don’t ever see myself dating someone on a forum about anime, to be fair though, I don’t see myself dating anyone I met online, but hey, you never know…

Do you see yourself leaving MAL in the near future? Why?
I don’t really see me straight up leaving but I might just begin to use MAL less and less as I get enveloped by the black hole that is university and work and spending more time being an actual productive human being and what not.

Is there something unasked you would like to talk about?
I’d be lying if I said there was anything in particular I’d like to talk about but feel free to ask me anything you’d like to know, anything ;---0

Can you recommend us 3 members who we can choose from to interview next and briefly explain why you would love to read their interviews?
Remv_quavev, in my opinion, would be able to create a thought provoking interview, and would most likely provide us with a lovely, well thought out description of his life. I also believe that both Dokubachi and Lue would create entertaining and informative interviews I believe would be a delight for me and others to read.

Any shameless self-promotions? Perhaps you want more publicity for your club, or a suggestion for the community to see?
h i t m e u p
Feel free to edit my Malcom into oblivion, that’s all I can really think of.

How would you describe your taste in music?
Absolutely trash. Like seriously just don't even ask, it hurts me just to accept the fact that I like the music I do, and I wouldn't want to drag anybody into my objectively horrendous taste in music, stay away from me like the plague when it comes to music.

In your opinion, are neko girls the absolute shit? Don’t you think they ruined anime?
Actually I believe that anybody who thinks lowly of neko girls should be hung, drawn and quartered, but I mean hey that’s only my opinion. Just make sure to not come up to me in real life and insult neko girls because you’ll probably end up six feet under.

Are you a boy, or a girl?
I am qt gamer grill hmu fam !1! xdd As per mentioned previously in this interview, I am a stronk man with huge biceps and an even larger phallus. In real life my manly aura attracts wimmen like I'm some sort of blackhole filled with magnets. It’s safe to say that my masculine charms don’t exactly “shine through” in the forums.

What's life like in Switzerland?
Well, I've grown up mostly in the Southern Hemisphere and so my body wasn't exactly prepared for all the pretzels, schnitzels and beer Switzerland had in store for me. Either way funnily enough the stereotypes were mostly true, head to the train station at Zürich and most the people there look like they’re undergoing seizures if the train is over a single minute late. I don’t live there any more but I mean if you’re keen on lederhosens and beer, I highly recommend it.

And thus concludes the interview. Thanks for reading!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 3, 2016 6:37 AM

Oct 2011
Nice interview, thanks for the mention fam ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mar 3, 2016 9:56 AM
Jul 2018
Cookies said:

[*]DejWo – Why won’t you just be my friend ( /)w(\ )

Because you are not cute.
Mar 3, 2016 1:16 PM

Dec 2013
Well Cookie was a very common nickname for females in the 50's and rebirth in the 80's. So that could be an influence on the confusion of you being female instead of a male.
Mar 4, 2016 2:20 AM
Jul 2018
Euphemistic said:
Cookies said:

[*]DejWo – Why won’t you just be my friend ( /)w(\ )

I feel offended.
Mar 4, 2016 6:30 AM

Feb 2015
Cookies said:

[*]Royalirishman/CrossfitJesus – Sucks at FM2016 btw.

Pls mate I smashed you every game even when my game crashed my Ai destroyed you.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2016 8:28 AM
Jul 2018
Onii-chan said:
Euphemistic said:

I feel offended.

Why would you feel offended by my cuteness standards?
Mar 4, 2016 2:27 PM

Apr 2015
CrossfitJesus said:
Cookies said:

[*]Royalirishman/CrossfitJesus – Sucks at FM2016 btw.
Pls mate I smashed you every game even when my game crashed my Ai destroyed you.
>Wastes 70% of money on Ronaldo and Messi
>Makes an extremely mediocre team with the rest of the money
>Wins on RNG
hi
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List
Clue no. 2: Somewhere in one of the pictures in my forum signature.
Mar 4, 2016 2:45 PM

May 2014
So are you a boy or a girl ?!?

FUCK !!! :<

Seriously though, nice interview fam, thanks for the mention >:3

PS: neko girls will ALWAYS be shit :>
Mar 4, 2016 2:47 PM

May 2014
Also
Cookies said:

Lue – I feel myself putting on weight just looking at this guy, but he makes up for that with somehow not being banned from the forums after all the bait.

I have to admit, the man is talented .... RIP fouder/Ando though X'D
Mar 4, 2016 3:37 PM

Dec 2014
I will accept all of your love, Azzaslav.
( /)w(\✿)( /)w(\✿)( /)w(\✿)( /)w(\✿)( /)w(\✿)
Mar 5, 2016 7:16 AM

Feb 2015
Cookies said:
CrossfitJesus said:
>Wastes 70% of money on Ronaldo and Messi
>Makes an extremely mediocre team with the rest of the money
>Wins on RNG

pls you filled some of your teams with overpriced players and shitty aussies and I had Ronaldo and Messi in the same team once, I beat you with the 25 million budget as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2016 4:15 PM
Jul 2018
ZA_WAYD said:
Cookies is legitimately male.
Mar 6, 2016 12:25 AM

May 2014
Onii-chan said:
ZA_WAYD said:
Cookies is legitimately male.

Nonsense, i refuse to believe this !! :<
Mar 17, 2016 9:52 AM

Nov 2015
"Genio - you suck"

Says the trap. The fucking trap.
Apr 10, 2016 10:59 PM
Jul 2018
oh wait this is Azza? yayy i got mentioned
Apr 14, 2016 11:45 AM

Jun 2015
Azza senpai called me edgy >/////<
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Nominations V2 ( 1 2 )

Skittles - Nov 21, 2021

64 by Dapper_Dhampir14 »»
Sep 2, 2023 6:01 PM

» Interview 24 - Kineta

Daconator - Jun 10, 2015

15 by cornonacob »»
Aug 5, 2023 3:36 PM

» Interview #267 - lpf

spaceslut - Mar 28, 2023

1 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Mar 29, 2023 9:30 AM

» Interview #254 - IrrelevantGuy

NextUniverse - Apr 9, 2022

8 by IrrelevantGuy »»
Mar 22, 2023 4:30 AM

» Interview #200 - Shinah

Mimurona - Oct 13, 2019

10 by Shinah »»
Mar 9, 2023 10:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.