Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 3, 2010 10:53 PM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What a great episode, Gato makes his move and the war is in.

Edit: There is no Char, I thought I'd seen a cameo of his, but it was just a similar character. My mistake.
VeethornOct 24, 2016 9:32 PM
Feb 5, 2010 6:13 AM
Sep 2008
Veethorn said:
What a great episode, Char finally appears, even if it was for a brief moment, Gato makes his move and the war is in.

I noticed Haman Karn, but Char... ? When did he appear?
Aug 7, 2010 1:45 PM

Sep 2009
What the hell.
-.-

How do the feddies have like a hundred times more ships then they did in the one year war?
Even Zeon seemed to have more ships then they did near the end of the war.

Really huge animation oversights I think. Really ruined this episode for me...
Oct 9, 2010 11:33 AM
Jun 2010
Sabinlerose said:
What the hell.
-.-

How do the feddies have like a hundred times more ships then they did in the one year war?
Even Zeon seemed to have more ships then they did near the end of the war.

Really huge animation oversights I think. Really ruined this episode for me...

They've built more maybe (new ones + already existed ones) ? x)

Feb 20, 2011 2:21 PM

Apr 2008
Haman~~~!!

Is that blonde guy really Char? I think his voice is too different, and he's with Zeon.

Solomon = Konpei island? (sigh) I have trouble keeping up with a few things

NUKE! ><
Jun 7, 2011 8:52 PM

May 2010
I am so happy when the antagonists succeed with their evil plots! Seriously, I like never want to see the good guy save the day, fuck that shit, this episode did it right!
“Money can't buy dere”
Aug 1, 2011 3:59 PM
Jul 2018
I know that Gato is supposed to be a badass mofo, and the Feddies a bunch of incompetent pricks. But it's hard to believe he's that badass, or that they're that incompetent, to the point that such plan worked.

Nice episode, nevertheless.
Mar 12, 2012 12:05 AM

Apr 2008
I looked back today, and apparently the blonde hair guy = Gato?

...uh, what? Why?
Jan 12, 2013 1:16 PM

Jun 2012
Finally Haman *-* hope she appears more often! Maybe this series will explain how Axis was able to maintain its force as it appeared in Zeta Gundam.

Well, that was a nice episode! This show should focus more on Gato and the Zeon Fleet than... Uraki and Nina...
Jul 19, 2013 1:21 AM

Mar 2012
atomusku said:
I know that Gato is supposed to be a badass mofo, and the Feddies a bunch of incompetent pricks. But it's hard to believe he's that badass, or that they're that incompetent, to the point that such plan worked.

Nice episode, nevertheless.

Hard to believe indeed.
Mar 29, 2014 4:31 AM

Sep 2013
YESSS Haman appeared

Also, that speech by Gato was in desperate need of SIEG ZEON
Apr 16, 2014 11:46 PM

May 2008
Sad to say, I was cheering for Gato a bit in the end since his passion is so strong. He's turning out to be more interesting than Uraki.
Jul 7, 2014 1:00 PM

Mar 2013
Can't believe Gato actually succedeed 0_o
May 27, 2015 1:03 AM

Jul 2009
Amazing episode!

Gato finally did it!! After 3 years of humiliation, he finally succeeded! Of course this is just a step towards the Operation Stardust.

Yeah at first when i saw the blond guy on purple suit, i thought it was a new character. Turns out it was Gato himself :O

He looks badass!!! Funny thing he looks like Liquid Snake from Metal Gear Solid Series which Akio Otsuka is known for as Solid Snake :)

Haman showed up!!! This is why Zeon would have been more powerful if Haman and Gato joined forces. That's why i think this show should have taken place after ZZ since it doesn't make sense how Gato has a powerful weapon that can change the course of the world without Haman knowing or doing anything about it.

I kinda didn't like how Kou was acting a bit aggressive towards Nina. I understand your in a huge stress in a life or death situations, but at least show some caring to Nina since she has been helping you build the Gundam much better and improved your skill while your at it.

Good stuff. Last 4 episodes. Can't wait for the next one!!
Jun 26, 2015 8:06 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah at first I thought that was Char as well, but it was Gato.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Feb 23, 2016 7:19 PM

Nov 2012
LOL people mistaking Gato for Char, that reminds me of when I thought that the one dude that was crushing on Roux who shows up in one of the Earth episodes in ZZ Gundam .. I thought was Char for a few minutes because the likeness was absolutely there.. sigh .

So the Nuke got used a little earlier than I thought. Funny how it gets used right on these high ranking Feds that were not taking the Zeon attack seriously this whole anime .

Damn this show getting darker with each episode, Burning died last episode and now a huge fleet of ships gets nuked oh wow.
Mar 7, 2016 6:52 PM

Feb 2013
Yeah! Fire that pretty nuke-beam!

I expect action the rest of the series.
Apr 5, 2016 1:10 AM

Dec 2015
The nuclear strike in the middle of the "non-believers". I hope the casualties will make them open their eyes, those high-ranks were so unbelievable (like if the 1YW entirety was a glorious success and blinded them).

My favourite moment was the one in this secret Zeon fortress (Axis). It gives me a very bad opinion about this Dezlar admiral: he is such a pride loner he is jeopardizing the rebuilt of the Zeon forces remnants by sacrificing his men, ships and a Gundam (!! seriously, Zeon has a nuclear strike Gundam, they should not exhibite it like a toy), when he could have supported the others effort by playing as a team. Strangely enough, he is not a Zabi but he suffers the same problem.
About the Axis base, now that I know how they hide themselves, it is easier to accept they were not discovered (after all space must be hard to thoroughly watch). But... how could they manage to built this thing after the war without being spotted? O_o
Special mention to the purple haired girl, she caught my interest without doing anything. ^^" (might rememberme of some more recent character, maybe Noir's Chloé)

4/5 Less than three days until the Operation and I still can't figure an inch of what it is. Pretty nerving, those military secrets.

@St0rmblade I am sorry (or am I, actually?) to have to tell you that you will need ZZ to get more from Haman Kahn.
PS: truth be told, every Gundam watcher needs a bit of ZZ in their life.
Rei_IIIJun 24, 2020 4:11 AM
Jun 27, 2016 1:38 PM

Feb 2008
A naval review does indeed make for a lovely target for a single nuclear strike. The Federation's arrogance was disgusting, which led to the loss of thousands of lives as well as destruction of valuable equipment. What goes around comes around, I guess.
Jul 26, 2016 2:37 PM

May 2012
Another great episode, let's see what happens next!
Nov 7, 2016 6:16 AM

Nov 2011
After the previous episode here's an equally interesting; we can say that the series is in full crescendo. The narration is calm in the rhythm, but full of suspense and anxiety. Very realistic battle that once again demonstrates his great talent with a view to fighting choreography. To underline the symbolism and the sought dialogue, aimed at making together with the drawings, the really exciting atmosphere, but not pretentious.
Jun 25, 2017 12:52 PM

Jun 2013
One of the better episodes!
Jun 23, 2020 4:46 PM

Aug 2017
Good episode, I appreciate Haman's cameo :3 I hope it'll be more than a cameo though.
Axis doesn't seem to have a very good synch with Delaz, but they're working together after all. It's really on the outskirts though (near Jupiter).
There was mostly action in this episode, made me appreciate the importance of space debris in warfare more.

I didn't expect Gato to succeed, but it's more interesting that way. It was pretty uncommon for the creators of the show to let the bad guy do his thing.
Dec 16, 2020 1:17 PM
Jan 2017
And this what the Federation get for being stupid. Thousands dead.
Feb 28, 2021 6:10 AM

Aug 2017
I'm rooting for the Zeon's forces in this episode. Good job Gato.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 15, 2021 11:28 AM
Apr 2012
Haman-sama banzai! Her brief appearance made the episode worth watching. I liked the serious tone, when they stopped goofing off it got better. The naval review looks really pompous and unnecessary, good thing that Gato blew them up lol. Monsha maiming and beating up that prisoner really looked too cruel, he's more messed up than I thought.
Aug 17, 2023 5:21 AM

Jul 2017
everything that happens in this season is so forced, i can't believe this plan actually worked...
''Touch the darkness inside me''
Oct 24, 2023 9:41 AM
Oct 2023
Lol, people in this thread actually cheering for a fascist nuking innocent men because his racial supremacist empire that murdered billions of civilians was defeated. Zero media literacy. Guy is cool = Gotta root for him. Context? Who needs context? Cool guy make big boom with flashy lights. *clapclapclap'

Its really funny.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory Episode 5 Discussion

Veethorn - Dec 29, 2009

33 by Yes_that »»
Apr 4, 7:34 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veethorn - Mar 1, 2010

64 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Feb 21, 10:45 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory Episode 7 Discussion

Veethorn - Dec 29, 2009

38 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Feb 21, 12:43 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory Episode 6 Discussion

Beatnik - Dec 24, 2008

42 by currycurry1999 »»
Jan 25, 12:34 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory Episode 2 Discussion

Veethorn - Dec 24, 2009

23 by HadToDoIt »»
Oct 24, 2023 1:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.