Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Sep 4, 2017 7:06 PM

Jan 2014
what a nice episode. I'm starting to like the show more.

First, it was Yume and Haru and now Mary and Haru are starting to become a thing. I'm fine with either pairing as I see both have good chemistry
Recommend me an anime
Jan 12, 2018 8:08 AM

Sep 2012
new there is some Haruhiro x Marry flags :D

renzbiohazard said:

First, it was Yume and Haru and now Mary and Haru are starting to become a thing. I'm fine with either pairing as I see both have good chemistry

yea the flags are flying all over the place so u'l newer know how it ends, not so obvious like some anime's make it look :D

Zeruk said:
Here that have shown goblins to be sentient being, so hunting and killing them make no sense, especially main characters being ok with it

goblins terrorize villages in the area & attack trader on the road
Sugram22Jan 12, 2018 8:20 AM
Jan 10, 2019 8:49 PM

Jul 2016
renzbiohazard said:

Yume all the way.

Mary is there to calm down yanta
Feb 21, 2019 1:36 PM

Apr 2013
This show has good action scenes and then it gets relaxing... sometimes too relaxing. So relaxing that it's borderline boring.
Apr 29, 2019 4:04 AM

Feb 2018
Goblok hunting for life.
Sep 10, 2019 5:11 PM

Nov 2016
The Goblin raid was pretty intense and fun, but holy shit, almost got a heartattack when the arrow hit Mary.

Grave scene was pretty emotional and of course we can't do without the insert song xD like it, tho.

Yet another very good episode overall. The party has grown and was able to protect their Priest. Mary felt almost like a fully fledged member at the end.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 22, 2020 2:10 AM

Jan 2013
So, the goblins in Grimgar are actually pretty intelligent. That made me want to know more about the setting, like, are there people who try to communicate with goblins and solve the problems in a peaceful way? Such attempt should be possible given the level of intelligence that some goblins show. And how about other monsters, are some of them also intelligent? The potential here is huge, but developing all of this would take way longer than 12 episodes, and those things clearly aren't the focus of the anime anyway (which is a pity).
fuyukiJun 22, 2020 2:15 AM
Jul 20, 2020 7:14 AM

Jul 2020
This anime can be boring sometimes, but these episodes makes it look like a solid 8 point. The feelings here were surprisingly deep. Even it may appear so, this is not another generic isekai. I still think Manato should be alive or they should have a way to revive it, but nevermind. Still great
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Check my latest web novel on Our Greatest Comeback🦊⛩️ and please drop a like or comment if you liked it!
Sep 17, 2020 2:33 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
This for me be even sadder than episodes 4 and 5... I’m crying inside a little man.

Also going from getting owned by a single goblin to taking out an entire hideout including the boss? They did some serious leveling up, but I’m not complaining every hit the make just makes it all the more impactful

Also here’s hoping Mary doesn’t have to go through the same pain again later on...

ALSO dang she really survive an arrow to the back, alright then

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 10, 2020 5:40 AM
Sep 2020
that's why you don't heal unnecessary small wounds. Mary still got some magic left to heal herself. I rarely complain about the insert song, but the cheerful insert song when avenging Manato deaths doesn't sound right. I got a little shock when Mary got shot, but the insert song ruin the tension and I definitely knew she would survive.
Mar 19, 2021 7:53 AM

Jun 2020
8 episodes into the anime, I now know how important this anime is to me. I have finally realised what the word "boring" means.
Earlier the anime that I deemed boring had many parts that were actually interesting, though the majority was boring. This is the first anime that is straight-up boring from the get go. I am regretting not dropping this anime. Just 4 episodes are left. I guess I will finish it.
May 27, 2022 11:14 AM
Nov 2020
MAN...why am I feeling sorry for the Goblins?
They are usually potrayed as heartless killers and rapists, but in this series they seem human.
Its as if our MC and his party is committing genocide and also, in the middle of the ep, after MC killed and took revenge, they showed that Blue Goblin talking with animals and being like a human.
Aug 26, 2022 12:10 AM

Jan 2019
What an anime!

This show makes a party of noobs taking down a small band of goblins one of the most engaging action sequences I've ever seen in animation.

You don't need god-level characters, legendary creatures or entire armies; just an emotionally resonant core and characters you care about.

This is also one of those extremely rare cases where I would be happy if an anime ended right here, this first arc has been a 10/10.
ForeverTraitorAug 26, 2022 12:15 AM

Sep 13, 2022 8:24 PM

Dec 2018
people complaining about the insert songs (which just help drag out overly monotonous scenes) but how bout them still frames
Dec 5, 2022 10:15 PM

Nov 2022
This show does such a good job at avoiding dehumanization, both the goblins and the characters. Once we stop being able to relate to either side in this conflict, it stops being as immersive and interesting. 
Kudos.
Dec 29, 2022 8:53 AM

Dec 2022
They conquer a sadly revenge.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Jul 29, 2023 1:00 AM

May 2020
If someone asks how struggle looks like, tell them about this series xD

Though in all seriousness, they avenged Manato, and have properly moved on from his death as well. Also, I want to believe that's the end of goblin slaying too, but we'll have to see lol.

Good little heart-to-heart conversation of Mary and Haruhiro in the end, with the "INSERT SONG" in the background(I mean I've stopped counting their count at this point), but hey they gave a good sacre with Mary back there.

Episode was good enough though can't help but say we've spent 8 episodes to finally get one thing done.
Jan 10, 1:44 AM

May 2009
<3 Mary! I love you, Mary~

Also this show has an abnormally large number of insert songs. I am not sure what to think of them. (Yes, I know they're there because the sponsor wanted them.)
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Mar 5, 5:51 AM
Apr 2016
The show keeps getting better and better! The character development has been great for Haruhiro, and it has been fun getting to know Mary. The slow pace is actually refreshing for me paired with the art style. The fan service at the beginning of the series wasn't for me, but I'm glad I stayed with the series.
Apr 12, 10:36 PM

Dec 2022
While the goblin slaughter is getting out of hand, I can at least appreciate that they have some personality and wit to distinguish them from other isekai goblins; the eyecatch with the goblin leader there even made me feel some sympathy for him. Sometimes the fight choreography impresses too.

Unfortunately, it remains somewhat stagnant in narrative development, as the party is still moping over Manato (who died early and had little characterisation) and fighting goblins all day. We knew how everyone was taking Manato's death since the fourth episode, but it keeps loitering around the subject like hungry vultures over some old carrion. The audience has already gotten the gist of it by this point, so move on already.

Haruhito and Mary's conversation during that last scene was probably the highlight of the episode, so let's see more scenes like that.
Archean-ReturnApr 12, 10:42 PM

Shaded Horizon

Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

430 by ChewySlimeI »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2016

466 by T-h-u-n-d-e-r »»
Apr 22, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2016

281 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 14, 9:11 PM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2016

206 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 13, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2016

176 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 13, 12:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.