Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 28, 2016 12:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was awesome, some action on the beach and man service.

Carta's expressions were priceless. She definitely underestimated her opponents. Definitely good action though imo with some close combat too. Carta should of prepared better lol

Damn poor Biscuit D:
Feb 28, 2016 12:47 AM

Nov 2007
Sorry for the intrusion. I don't follow the series, but I heard it is Biscuit day today in Japan, and such a coincident that something happens with a character with the name Biscuit in today's ep.
http://otakomu.jp/archives/355150.html
tsubasaloverMar 1, 2016 6:32 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 28, 2016 2:17 AM

Nov 2009
Buscuit's death flag became too strong when he and Orga agreed to have a nice long talk about their future after leaving the island... nothing could stop Buiscuit's incoming death after that. And then we were back to the first ending, Orphans' namida.

From the looks of it, Buiscuit's death is hitting Mikazuki the hardest, penetrating through all those walls he constructed around his emotions, through his aloof detached persona he created as a defensive mechanism. He might be a step away from an emotional meltdown now. Either way, I'm hoping that with this, his big character development is coming.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Feb 28, 2016 3:04 AM
Aug 2012
This episode was a roller coaster ride of emotions.

Favorite part of this episode was Akihiro interrupting Carta.
Akihiro: I'm allowed to shoot, right?
Mikazuki: Of course.
K-AnimeFeb 28, 2016 3:35 AM
Feb 28, 2016 3:12 AM
Aug 2015
I hope nobody's surprised by this.
Feb 28, 2016 3:14 AM

Oct 2015
After preview episode, this action sequence is decent compared previous episodes, and ...

Eh? Biscuit...... Why??? Why?????
Feb 28, 2016 3:20 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Great battle, love that big wrench Barbatos was using, it keeps using unique melee weapons which I never see before in entire Gundam franchise.

RIP Biscuit, even Earth cried for you.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Feb 28, 2016 3:23 AM

Sep 2015
Why the shock anyway, pretty much confirmed that they will die one by one. Probably Mika die last and the princess will be last man standing. And thats the story of a revolutionary princess and her knights.
valvravetruthFeb 28, 2016 3:28 AM
Feb 28, 2016 3:33 AM

Apr 2008
Textbook death flag setup and execution, so boring.

"Why don't we drive out in the middle of the airfield in a weak mobile worker and observe the fight without contributing anything to it."
But Carta can be surprisingly sharp when plot demands for it.
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Feb 28, 2016 3:33 AM

Jan 2008
The death flag was way too high for him. Poor guy. And for his littler sisters...

Mika should have snapped out a bit earlier but... you know.
Feb 28, 2016 3:36 AM

Feb 2012
The dialog in this episode was so badass. Good company for the action and tactics.

7:12 "Right. We'll crush anyone who comes in our way."

11:22 "There's a good one"

14:08 "I'm allowed to shoot, right?"

Fortress_MaximusFeb 28, 2016 3:41 AM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Feb 28, 2016 3:58 AM

Jul 2015
UGH! NO! As soon as the clouds darkened, I was like "Oh lord. Something bad is going to happen." Then I see dear Biscuit and I think even Carta as well offed. Ugh. I loved them both. Hearing the old ending made it even sadder.

Whoever predicted Biscuit's death flag before after that episode where he argued with Orga, god dammit, you jinxed this! T-T

GREW said:

Mika should have snapped out a bit earlier but... you know.

lol I know. I was like "Really? NOW you got out of that predicament? Dammit all, plot".

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
shawnofthedeadzMar 2, 2016 9:46 AM
Feb 28, 2016 4:05 AM

Jul 2010
Called it.
Mika must be in Coordinator/Innovator/NT-D mode next chapter.
RIP Carta-sama for incurring Mika's wrath.
Feb 28, 2016 4:09 AM

Jan 2016
While i ran out of tears a long time ago (being a mecha fan will do that to you), i did find Biscuit's death quite saddening. Although, i kinda wish Orga would've died as well.
Don't get me wrong, i love Orga just as much as everyone else here, but with his death Mikazuki would have to start thinking by himself instead of just blindly following orders. It'd be some nice character development, and maybe he would finally actually show emotions instead of everyone just saying "yeah you guys mika is totally showing emotions i swear he's not boring at all". Although i guess that for Mika to have any sort of convincing and meaningful character development, Orga would've had to have died long ago. Oh well. Honestly, i was kinda hoping Boremaster Mika would at least shed a tear at the end there, but i guess that's a bit much to ask.
"Now you have your answer. That's Fire Bomber. We don't know their past or future... they're just here. That's all there is." - Akiko Lips
Feb 28, 2016 4:14 AM

Jul 2015
GhostofSide6 said:
While i ran out of tears a long time ago (being a mecha fan will do that to you), i did find Biscuit's death quite saddening. Although, i kinda wish Orga would've died as well.

!!!

GhostofSide6 said:
Don't get me wrong, i love Orga just as much as everyone else here, but with his death Mikazuki would have to start thinking by himself instead of just blindly following orders. It'd be some nice character development, and maybe he would finally actually show emotions instead of everyone just saying "yeah you guys mika is totally showing emotions i swear he's not boring at all".

Yeah, I can understand this, but WITH Biscuit? lol Damn. But still, I understand. It's bound to happen later, though. I'd be surprised if he was still alive til' the end. If there is ever going to be a season 2, then I'd be even more surprised.
Feb 28, 2016 4:30 AM
May 2014
Basicly my thoughts through this episode: ALL THE DEATHFLAGS!

But yeah, who would have thought the one character with a family waiting at home would die?
Feb 28, 2016 4:38 AM

Jun 2014
MAN, that episode hit me hard. Biscuit was a great character, and I knew from the start that he was going to die. This setup of him and Orga talking after they leave, was HIGH ALERT. Man that bitch Carta is so fucking annoying. I really hope Mika kills her, or use her as hostage. It would be really satisfying. Mika in this episode was a beast. Especially when he saw what happened to the mobile worker ... "What are you doing" and his murderous look. Loved it, let's hope she is killed or a hostage. It will be beneficial to have that TART as a card to use.
Feb 28, 2016 4:41 AM

Jan 2015
If Biscuit didn't really want to die then he shouldn't have said all that stuff.

Biscuit, you played yourself.
Feb 28, 2016 4:56 AM
Dec 2015
Great episode, great fan service.

Poor Biscuit, but his deathflag was so strong. I was thinking that the member of Tekkadan that would die was Biscuit or Shino =(

ORPHAAAANNNSSS NAMIDAAAAA <3 This song is perfect for this episode.

Next episode seems like a great development of story and characters (specially the Gjallahorn's characters). Maybe Ein will put the arayashiki.
Feb 28, 2016 5:10 AM

May 2013
Poor Biscuit... :(

Damn, Akihiro's Asura Gundam though. *o*
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Feb 28, 2016 5:18 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
RIP Biscuit. But let's face it, this was coming since he started going on about going back to Mars. I expect more than a couple of Tekkadan's dying before this is over. And if Mikazuki didn't hate Gjallahorn before, he does now.

Just a small detail, but it seems Orga and the lady are becoming closer because of this. Nice.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 28, 2016 5:21 AM

Aug 2010
F***! I was in denial throughout the whole ep with the death flags being thrown out left and right. Carta was a f***n joke so I didn't really expect anyone to die in this battle.

I mean that scene with Akihiro's "I'm allowed to shoot right?" was friggin hilarious and Carta overall has been comic relief. She's like the ginyu force lol, having her be the one to kill Biscuit was really not what I expected :(

The way Mika just flipped and crushed her mech with the Wrench was BA! If only she died. Or maybe they can take her as hostage? If Mika won't have killed her by then.

Sux that Mika doesn't like the katana. The Wrench is really unique and quite fun to see him fight with but That Katana looks savage AF!

Loving Akihiro's Gusion a lot. The way he can take out 4 arms is cool.

Wonder where it'll go from here?

And Orphans Namida ;_;
Feb 28, 2016 5:23 AM

Dec 2014
Damn,I had a bad feeling when they showed Cookie and Cracker in the beginning and talked about home.
R.I.P Biscuit

Nevertheless it was an awesome episode, Great action.
I so wanted Mika to use the Katana weapon, Would have been so cool XD

I love it when Akhiro's Gundam brings out its 4 arms. The head transformation and eye gleam are always so cool.

It was nice to see Tekkadan's plan working but sadly Carta managed evade Mika and take out the Mobile Worker :(
That Mika face when he saw Carta charging at Orga, He was seriously pissed :o
Feb 28, 2016 5:25 AM

Aug 2013
That was a really nice action packed episode.

Too many death flags by first half of the episode. Well R.I.P Biscuit.

Wish they had show us Mikazuki going crazy and smashing Carta mobile suit slowly =\
Feb 28, 2016 5:44 AM
Feb 2015
Lockon, Woolf, Biscuit. Sunrise has a great tendency to kill off my favorite characters. T^T RIP Biscuit, Mika Shino Akihiro i don't care who snap the neck of that stupid full of issues Carta.
Feb 28, 2016 5:54 AM

Oct 2013
wow, carta is such a laughingstock she could be the next jerid

musashi's death was like all deaths so far pretty predictable, but stil kinda sad. poor siststers. oh, also I liked how they betrayed mika's sheer disbelief and shock of this situation and of course, the glorious return of ORPHANS NAMIDAAAA.

talking about deaths, now that cyborg Ein is a thing, Shino or his cute shota will be the next ones to be killed off.
Feb 28, 2016 5:56 AM

Apr 2014
RIP Biscuit. We will always remember you T-T

Feb 28, 2016 6:10 AM

May 2010
Tekkadan is a bunch of amateurs and this episode just proved it.
Buscuit didnt have to die at all but they wanted him to die. it was plain stupid of Orga to come over and expose themselves to the attackers..there was absolutely no reason for that. They might have saved the guys ass in the pink mech but that guy is just another amateur, falling for their own traps.

Also wtf is with mechs driving on fragile wooden bridges..extremely unrealistic.

2/5
Feb 28, 2016 6:41 AM

Apr 2013
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FUCK FUCK FUCK WHY DID BISCUIT HAVE TO DIEEEEEEEEEEEE

I fucking knew it was a death flag but goddamit
Feb 28, 2016 6:43 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
WHY DIDN'T I SEE IT COMING? Probably cause there are generally too many death flags in the show, so I thought this was just a chance for Biscuit to grow as a character... but he was killed abruptly ;-; I felt incredibly sad thinking about his sisters and that his efforts were in vain :(

I'm not familiar with the gundam franchise, but if so many characters that had enough screentime die so much in the rest of the series, I don't think I'll ever pick it up :| Though tbh, this was the first death I really cared about. The rest, such as the other dude's brother, were forced more or less and they were characters I didn't even care about. Well, this definitely had drama as its goal, but I did like Biscuit :(
Feb 28, 2016 7:00 AM

Apr 2015
is mika going to pound carta? i dont like her eyebrow so i dont care how she will die
internet is a cruel mistress
Feb 28, 2016 7:06 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
As usual, Tekkadan manages to display a battle filled with tactical genius and strategy

Sadly, I did not expect this episode to end like this nor did I think that this was going to be the first person in the group to die.....

Man I feel bad for Orga and I can't even imagine how Mika is feeling yet alone what he's going to do to Carta in retaliation lol but I'm expecting her to escape somehow

Great action packed episode overall but RIP Biscuit.....I'm gonna break down in tears the moment when his sisters find out what happened TwT
Feb 28, 2016 7:26 AM

Feb 2015
His Death was played at from the very start, but still wish he didn't Die. Damn, it almost started to rain inside my room for some reason....R.I.P

And I really wished that Mika would have gone nuts and beat the shit out of that crazy Carta, after seeing Biscuit dead. Hopefully her death will start next episode.

5/5
Feb 28, 2016 7:52 AM

Nov 2008
The Gundam main character death count has begun. I kind of expected Orga to die though, being thrown off a mobile worker like that but it didn't happen.

I do like Barbatos' hammer, it has a nice clamp with it as well. I wonder if Carta is dead, probably not and she'll be captured soon, also I didn't expect the Gusion Rebake to have some extra arms, it reminds me of The O.

Feb 28, 2016 7:55 AM
Jul 2015
Mikazuki gonna kill those dumb fucks. Gjallarhorn done fucked up real bad.
Feb 28, 2016 8:02 AM
Oct 2012
God old Gundam deaths are back, Biscuit had his death flag raised since the previous episode but..."Let's talk after we leave the island" intensified so damn much, had hunch freaking weird brows chick would be the death of someone, needs to get crushed ASAP, poor sisters now don't have an older brother to rely on now ;~;

GhostofSide6 said:
While i ran out of tears a long time ago (being a mecha fan will do that to you)

This is legit, my eyeballs are dry lol

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
shawnofthedeadzMar 2, 2016 9:48 AM
Feb 28, 2016 8:17 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Nah, this wasn't great. Biscuit's death was handled badly IMO, literally setting up numerous death flags only beginning from the last episode really. Way too fast setup. Feel nothing for his death. I actually thought, he will survive when he did his determined speech, but nope.

Literally driving in the middle of a battlefield with no one protecting Orga and Biscuit...lol
Feb 28, 2016 8:18 AM

Dec 2013
God dammit Biscuit!!
My feelings are shot right now, I feel awful....

Even though their tactics worked 99.5% of the way, that last bit messed up real bad. Orga's primal scream at the end was way too heartfelt. And when they showed Biscuits little sisters and his last monologue, I damn near teared up.

Mikazuki was pissed as hell that Orga had been lying there on the ground. I'm wondering if they will capture Carta as a POW now. I'd love to see how they treat her after all this.

And on hindsight, Akihiro's intrusion into that stupid posing was funny as heck, but the rest of the episode was all feels.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Feb 28, 2016 8:29 AM
Jun 2008
NOOOOOO NOT HIM !!
THIS IS SO UNFAIR !!!
GOD FKIN DAMMIT !!!!
Feb 28, 2016 8:50 AM

Jun 2010
I'm not an orphan but i damn sure shed those tears. ( ͒˃̩̩⌂˂̩̩ ͒)
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Feb 28, 2016 8:55 AM

Jul 2009
Basukesu-GE said:
GhostofSide6 said:
While i ran out of tears a long time ago (being a mecha fan will do that to you)

This is legit, my eyeballs are dry lol

I'm not so sure about this, it's raining again...

Why Biscuit? Why?
Feb 28, 2016 9:30 AM
Feb 2016
Kerozinn said:
Tekkadan is a bunch of amateurs and this episode just proved it.
Buscuit didnt have to die at all but they wanted him to die. it was plain stupid of Orga to come over and expose themselves to the attackers..there was absolutely no reason for that. They might have saved the guys ass in the pink mech but that guy is just another amateur, falling for their own traps.

Also wtf is with mechs driving on fragile wooden bridges..extremely unrealistic.

2/5

They're only kids, the series fairly emphasize how most of them do things in a rather unorthodox "pirate-like" manner. Often times, you've already seen many deaths in the series that were the result of carelessness, Danji in episode one for trying to be a hero, Shino's unit aboard the Brewers ship, etc. They aren't as properly trained as a military unit would be anyway, honestly, they can't even read. The only reason why they even had jobs in the former CGS PMC was because of the "whiskers" not because of their skills.

And about the mechs driving on fragile wooden bridges. In our world, we have seen tanks traverse across frail wooden bridges similar to the ones seen. According to the wikia, mobile workers, specifically ones used by Gjallarhorn, are about 3.6 metric tons. Which are incredibly lighter than tanks in our world which are around the 60 tons range (I have in my mind the M4 Sherman during WWII, and even more modern machines such as M1 Abrams). The fact that they are light is already made apparent in that they use smaller rounds, move at a quicker pace (On bloody wheels for god's sake, not treads), and even jump. Therefore, I don't really see how mobile workers being on a low wooden bridge is "extremely unrealistic." ....also, the lower the bridge the more stable it is too......

Quite frankly, only thing I agree with is how amateur and careless they are....but, as I've implied earlier, has already been fairly emphasized throughout the series.Like I said, they're only kids, even Tewaiz isn't placing complete trust in Tekkadan just yet through the mere fact that they weren't aware of the illegal transactions back in the colonies.

...with that said, I would say the episode, although with its flaws and fairly predictable, in my opinion, was solid in keeping with the story line. Just my personal opinion tho lol...

(sorry for intruding/correcting, I have a slight passion for conventional artillery hehe.....)
DT57Feb 28, 2016 9:47 AM
Feb 28, 2016 9:36 AM

Aug 2011
All of those death flags finally caught up to him... Biscuit's fate was sealed the moment he stepped onto his mobile worker

Happy Biscuit Day everyone! (Mari Okada is a SAVAGEEEEEE) =(
Feb 28, 2016 9:40 AM

Jul 2015
The death flags where strong the past few episode but it still came out of nowhere, i didn't really like biscuit but that's sad, mikazuki never really care about a death till now but since biscuit was one of his closest friend he might go crazy !
Feb 28, 2016 9:55 AM

Feb 2015
first, i'm speechless.....i just opened my mouth, can't even talk LOL :O .
the feels is too much, RIP biscuit.
well, for biscuit death, i kinda predict that, after he said "let's talk after we get off from this island" and my thought "okay, that's death flag for ya. you will died in this episode" but next i thought there is no way he will died. who will support orga if he dies ? but LOL he really died. that caught me off guard and i'm speechlees. just imagine what kind of expression his twin sister would make if they know this, it's just so sad to even imagine it.

Biscuit's death aside, action looks freaking amazing. smash things around without giving any fuck, i like the way you fight Mika XD i hope he will kill that crazy ass bitch in the next episode. i think Biscuit's death will effect Tekkadan's future. i wonder someone will replace him or nothing will happen, stay as the usual. can't wait to see that.

Great episode overall.
Feb 28, 2016 11:17 AM

Nov 2007
The moment they showed Cookie and Cracker at the start I knew what was coming. But really, they could do without deaths following personal conflicts. That's two out of two now.

Also, Galljarhorn's so called elites are so fucking weak. It was a bit disappointing.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 28, 2016 12:09 PM

Sep 2013
Ugh. I knew it. The death flags for him were so strong. Happy Biscuit Day I guess. Hosoyan did great voicing Orga at the end ;u;

I would've felt much better if Mika murdered Carta right then and there tbh. Welp.

Also enjoyed Akihiro interrupting the formation thingie Carta and her troops were doing LOL
Feb 28, 2016 12:31 PM

Aug 2015
Oh man loved the action in this episode. RIP Biscuit, damn.
Feb 28, 2016 1:26 PM

Jul 2010
Gundam as usual always so obvious with their death flags LOL

Though Biscuit's death was quite sad especially when his inner monologue started.
Feb 28, 2016 1:37 PM

Jun 2008
Dropping the anime if that godforsaken bitch Carta lives, she needs to be killed in the worst way possible, its like her eyebrows weren't enough but she also kills Biscuit.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2016

118 by wallus81 »»
Apr 12, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

128 by wallus81 »»
Apr 12, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2015

284 by Pe11etS »»
Apr 8, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2015

168 by wallus81 »»
Apr 7, 2:42 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2015

84 by wallus81 »»
Apr 7, 2:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.