Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 27, 2016 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
No matter how many times I see it, it's really weird seeing a head flying around.

Nice episode though, I like how Izaya still plays mind games with his opponents. Shrina continuously amuses me in this show tbh even during his school days. Chikage is still such an awesome person imo.

Feb 27, 2016 6:57 AM

Nov 2007
Ladies fight while HiroC's .character vs. OnoD's character ("meaningless" fight?).

FukuJun's character's father appearing and plans to return Celty's head. She doesn't remember HiroC's character, though.

Nakamura-san's character came to Celty's place to hide from a group of people with red eyes.

That long hair girl with saika got controlled that she thinks that the man controlling her is her mother.

More past story of three friends. FukuJun's character helps HiroC's character be friendly with OnoD's character, but yet he thinks love is more important than friendship.

The womanizer guy proceeds with their plan. Meeting place is beginning of Dollars for the main guy.

Otaku girl is still outside, though.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 27, 2016 8:00 AM

Sep 2015
Ahhh Celty got her head back. Ah this hurts, previous Celty is now gone. All because of Shingen.... When Seitarou mentioned how much Shinra and Celty loved each other Shingen just went 'nah man, he'll be fine. he's a big boi'. Like father, like son- so twisted.

We only got a small start to the Shizu-Iza fight scene... Pretty insane what Izaya's doing now. There's no more parkour around town here, he's really using everything he can find to kill Shizuo :O

And yay more Raijin days~ Amazing how this little conversation Shinra and Izaya had back then overlaps so much with the story now

I hope Mikado and Masaomi see each other soon already. This confrontation has been delayed for too far long :I

Last note: Rocchi what is your ringtone supposed to be?
Feb 27, 2016 8:21 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Celty finally got her head back. Too bad she doesn't have her memories. Mikado's turning out to be a really interesting and complex character. And yes!!! Shizuo vs. Izaya next episode.

5/5
GoldenDevilGamerFeb 27, 2016 8:27 AM
Feb 27, 2016 8:29 AM

Dec 2014
Man, I could watch Shizuo and Izaya go at it for days.
Feb 27, 2016 8:30 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This season continues to blow my mind with this nonstop intensity and suspense

My god I was really hoping that Celty wouldn't have lost her memory after getting her head back but I must say that this new personality of hers is pretty menacing =o

Shizuo vs Izaya is shaping up nicely and the way things are heading, unless Shinra somehow comes in to stop things, I'm almost certain that one of them will die :(

Everything is just pure chaos right now and I'm just sitting here on the edge of my seat at this point
TokoyaFeb 27, 2016 8:33 AM
Feb 27, 2016 8:32 AM

Sep 2014
Just, wow. I knew this episode was going to be intense by the previews, but this beat my expectations.
Feb 27, 2016 8:46 AM

Apr 2015
Situation's tense with Celty getting her head back but with a somewhat chaotic result. Rokujo's using Kida to lure Mikado in and Haruna's already being controlled as well. Shizuo vs. Izaya fight looks to be exciting; looking forward to it.
Feb 27, 2016 8:48 AM
Jul 2018
Nasujima is back and ready to evil! I wish he'd take off that stupid fake beard, though. It's preventing me from looking at the beautiful wickedness of his malevolent expressions.

All the same…
removed-userFeb 27, 2016 5:18 PM
Feb 27, 2016 9:10 AM

Aug 2010
Good shit. Sucks that Celty lost her memories :(
She looks friggin awesome with the head tho.
I wonder if seeing Shinra will do anything?

Speaking of Shinra lol at him being the one introducing Shizuo and Izaya and saying If one of u kill the other I'll only have one less friend meh XD He's crazy ^^;

Miss hearing Simon talk. And he sure is having fun with the guns :P

Rocchi's part was cool too. Can't wait to see what'll happen with him, Kida and Mikado.
Also pretty nice animation on the little parts we got with Varona's fights there
Feb 27, 2016 9:28 AM

Jul 2014
So Celty finally got her head back, just like this series has been alluding to from the start. It's a shame she lost her memories, but it's not that surprising and will undoubtedly play into the end game that we're about to get. Seeing Simon get involved for once could prove to be very interesting, but the thing I'm most eager for is Izaya and Shizuo's final confrontation, even though Izaya confronting Shizuo so directly seems quite strange, even for him. Well, I'm sure Izaya's thought it all through and has something up his sleeve. And of course there's Mikado, Anri and Kida. I bet one of them are gonna die before all is said and done, probably Mikado if anyone though.
Feb 27, 2016 9:30 AM
Jun 2015
I really like that we're seeing Nasujima as an actual villain instead of the cowardly man we saw in season 1

Kadota's back! (Hope we see him take part in the battle)

Celty's "complete" form is really beautiful

Shizuo and Izaya's fight is looking to be pretty rad

It's nice to hear Tanaka get his narration (I don't think he's had one??)

We're in the final stretch of the season and it's looking great

Oct 2014
Ketsu is by far the best core

This season has been phenomonal with non stop action suspense and intensity the whole way through.

Can't believe Celty lost her memories, this is going to be hell for Shinra also I know nothing much happened with Kujiragi this ep but she said she liked Shinra last ep and she does seem his type. Regardless I really hope Shinra gets back with Celty somehow. This is going to be super emotional.

Shizuo vs Izaya is beginning oh man it's gonna be awesome.

Varona could win easy without the injury, the fact that she can't do anything to help Shizuo is probably significant, please be okay Shizuo-senpai

That fucking pedophile making Haruna his slave, I really hope he gets killed, also I wonder if it was Simon or Tom who would be his trump card against Shizuo, Tom is the obvious choice but it's been said before that if anyone can stand up to Shizuo it's Simon.

KYOHEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII I seriously missed him xD can't wait to see what happens with him

Rocchi is seriously great, I swear if Mikado ends up shooting him (omg I just thought of something terrible what if Masaome gets in the way) ...

Saki and Anri were just walking around, I really hope Saki wasn't brought back as a plot device for Masaome and that she will do something good because I really like her and can maybe see her dying.

It was really nice to see the guys from Russia Sushi again and to hear Toms thoughts xD

Also Shinra's dad is hilarious but still, talk about selfishness...

Jun 2015
This anime is about ready to destroy my soul. The suspense is murder
Grimgar season 2 please!!!!
Feb 27, 2016 9:39 AM
Jul 2018
srlovespandas96 said:
I really like that we're seeing Nasujima as an actual villain instead of the cowardly man we saw in season 1

THIS. honestly, who's to say he wasn't hiding his evil all this time?

I'm beaming with happiness, dammit!
Feb 27, 2016 9:47 AM

Jun 2015
CELTY GOT HER HEAD BACK! AFTER 55 EPISODES SHE GETS HER HEAD BACK! AWESOME

I'm glad to see Simon I missed him. Too bad wee didn't have much Shizuo. Hopefully the next episode will be for him and not only a scene or two. Poor Shinra, Celty forgot everything.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Feb 27, 2016 9:50 AM

May 2015
That guy shingen.... when he threw Celty's head it really made me angry.

overall great episode, much better than the last one, but please just hurry up with mikado progression.
Feb 27, 2016 9:57 AM

Jan 2016
Oh my god this episode was epic! It is nice seeing a little more of Izaya in the pass. (I personally thought that was cute). I am a bit upset with Shinra's dad. I also cried a bit with Celty lost her memories. :,(
I can't wait for the Shizuo vs Izaya fight, but judging by the preview, it seems like Izaya is having a hard time. My heart is kind of breaking though in little pieces, as Shizaya is my OTP.
I hope things go well with Shizuo and Izaya, well 'well' as in I hope both of them don't die because they are my precious babies.
Feb 27, 2016 10:07 AM
Jul 2018
On another note, I cannot wait to see Izaya maybe get his just desserts....
Feb 27, 2016 10:37 AM

Nov 2012
whoa, celty finally got her head back! pretty sad that she lost her memories though. :(
and izaya vs shizuo should be pretty hype, hopefully izaya finally gets what he deserves.
Feb 27, 2016 10:42 AM

Jul 2015
Damn! This week's episode was crazy! Celty gets her head beack, Saika zombies everywhere, Mikado and Masaomi might see each other next ep! I'm excited!!!
Feb 27, 2016 10:52 AM

Jun 2014
More craziness in this episode and I'm sure it will only get crazier. Celty finally got her head back, but it sucks that she lost her memories. We only got a glimpse of Shizuo vs Izaya, but I'm also interested in seeing how Simon and the others deal with those zombies. It was also nice to see Kadota again.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 27, 2016 11:14 AM

May 2013
Man, this episode was great. Sh*t has just hit the fan.

Celty has her head back and no memories, a good chunk of the city is being controlled by Saika and the guy who hit Kadota, Kadota got out of the hospital, Shizuo and Isaya are having a showdown, so are Verona and the muscular chick.

I really hope they confirm a next season after this one has ended.
Feb 27, 2016 11:49 AM

Oct 2015
Finally Celty recover her head! I love her armor.
Story of Izaya and Shizuo y apparently their final battle.
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Feb 27, 2016 12:11 PM

Dec 2014
Best girl gets her head back and the zombie apocalypse begins
Feb 27, 2016 12:30 PM

Nov 2014
Hi Semyon, it's been a long time you didn't appear.
It's so bad for Celty her memories are gone.
Feb 27, 2016 12:31 PM

Dec 2012
Celty finally getting her head back. Seems like she has forgotten her memories of her time in Ikebukuro.
Always great to see Simon.
Kadota seems alright for the most part. Wants to speak to Celty.
Ikebukuro is in chaos with all the Saika zombies.
Izaya and those traps for Shizuo.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Feb 27, 2016 1:49 PM

Oct 2011
OMG Celty is back with her head and she's a different person 0___0

Rochi XDD
Namie: AKDHLSDLFKDFSD LOL!!!! XDDD

KADOTA OMG TAT

Saika zombies O____O

Ending changed!!!!
Feb 27, 2016 3:52 PM

Aug 2013
Semyon bringing out the guns was so good.

Really love his personality. Cant wait for next episode!
Feb 27, 2016 3:57 PM

Mar 2014
This episode was epic

Everybody and everything was epic

And the preview somehow managed to be even more epic

I tip my non existent fedora to you Narita and Studio Shuka
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 27, 2016 4:04 PM

Feb 2016
I feel like mikado is going to kill rocchi.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 27, 2016 5:55 PM

Mar 2011
Izzzaaaaaaayaaaa! Old Shizuo is back :D
Amazing episode and I think that this season is the best.
Ohh yeah, final battle hype!
5/5

Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite…
A lie will remain a lie.

Feb 27, 2016 7:10 PM

Jun 2013
Shizuo gone berserk and the final battle is getting close this is gonna be epic
Feb 27, 2016 7:22 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode. So many events are transpiring in Ikebukuro right now, I can't wait to see how this is all gonna wrap up.

Saika Army vs Sushi shop, If the guys do plan on using those guns then it's gonna be one hell of a massacre.

"Life is full of trial and error"

Celty's got her head back and lost her memories, But the headless rider form looks so amazing now.

Shizuo's Izayaaaa never gets old xD
So they're finally gonna fight next episode, I do hope neither of them die.
Feb 27, 2016 7:38 PM

Mar 2015
This ep in a nutshell:

Noooo Celty
Yaaas Simon

Feb 27, 2016 7:38 PM
Mar 2015
It's nice to see Kyohei back on his feet. And with some screen time.
Next Time! Shizuo v. Izaya, the final battle begins next week.
Feb 27, 2016 9:03 PM

Jan 2014
Shinra's dad never ceases to amuse me !

Kabuto is back, now all this scandal about avenging him can be put to ease.

I'm excited to what's going to happen between Masaomi and Mikado. I feel like Mikado's gonna be pushed to use the gun and his relationship with Masaomi gonna go downhill from there and this will be the transition for him to change into a completely different person.

That russian sushi shop ... they gotta make a Call of Duty zombies mod for it !
Feb 27, 2016 11:44 PM

Jul 2014
The Celty we knew and loved has died.
Feb 28, 2016 2:17 AM

Jul 2012
So much hype man, I love it! And loved the little flashback if Izaya and Shinra's high school days.
Feb 28, 2016 3:43 AM

May 2009
Am I missing something ? What does Nasujima have with Shizou in the past ? Nasujima probably want to slash Simon because he's on par with Shizou ?
Feb 28, 2016 4:10 AM
Jan 2013
this is fuckin redemption!!! where's Shinra???
Feb 28, 2016 6:23 AM

Jan 2014
I thought this would be more explosive, still everything went into shit.

Celty has her head speak for her and she seemingly has no memories (I expect this to be a temporal thing).

Shingen is crazy as usual.

Takashi just cut Haruna and made her quite literally into his bitch. At least he "cares" for her it seems.

Mikado does indeed have a gun, what he will do with that is everybody's guess.
Feb 28, 2016 10:00 AM

Nov 2011
Thats not my damn CELTY!!!

Also there's a lot going on in this episode. I'm curious about everything!

I hate how basically everyone is like "We need to talk to Celty!"
and she's basically useless now.

Walker needs to head out and save ERIKA! Bring some of the minor charterers into it lol.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 28, 2016 10:32 AM
Jul 2018
fideldesu said:
Am I missing something ? What does Nasujima have with Shizou in the past ? Nasujima probably want to slash Simon because he's on par with Shizou ?

Shizuo beat the hell out of him in episode 17 of the first season after he fled from the Haruna and Anri confrontation scene and tried to basically knife him to steal money. Not knowing it was Shizuo and probably delirious as fuck, Shizuo proceeded to incapacitate Nasujima after punching him twenty plus feet in the air, and he was basically comatose for a month to a couple months as a result? Which partially led to him getting fired from Raira I believe. He then proceeded to work for Yodogiri for some reason. There're a lot of plot gaps because the novels weren't fully translated and he came back in 12. Not to say that the novels explain it that well either, according to a few Japanese comments I've badly google translated, but it wouldn't hurt to know exactly, although Narita's honestly notorious for not developing the minor cast very well anyway, which is why canonically virtually nothing about Nasujima is known… sobs

So yeah, there's your reason why.
They need to have a flashback explanation for this or something. any reason to give the boo more screentime.
removed-userFeb 28, 2016 10:36 AM
Feb 28, 2016 11:21 AM

May 2009
dizzyur said:
fideldesu said:

Shizuo beat the hell out of him in episode 17 of the first season after he fled from the Haruna and Anri confrontation scene and tried to basically knife him to steal money. Not knowing it was Shizuo and probably delirious as fuck, Shizuo proceeded to incapacitate Nasujima after punching him twenty plus feet in the air, and he was basically comatose for a month to a couple months as a result? Which partially led to him getting fired from Raira I believe. He then proceeded to work for Yodogiri for some reason. There're a lot of plot gaps because the novels weren't fully translated and he came back in 12. Not to say that the novels explain it that well either, according to a few Japanese comments I've badly google translated, but it wouldn't hurt to know exactly, although Narita's honestly notorious for not developing the minor cast very well anyway, which is why canonically virtually nothing about Nasujima is known… sobs

They need to have a flashback explanation for this or something. any reason to give the boo more screentime.

Well, thanks for that. I forgot about it because it was long ago.
Feb 28, 2016 11:30 AM

Jul 2013
Ketsu is without any doubt the best cour to the date. Such intensity.

Shingen is the best, he never cease to make me laugh. Celty with her head looks really badass, too bad she has lost her memories of Ikebukuro. Want to see the battle of Shizuo against Izaya.

Wow, I think this is the first episode of Ketsu when Simon appears. I missed him. And Nasujima has become pretty badass, I hope he doesn't get trashed like in the first season, since he is more menacing now. The Saika zombies are creepy.

Kadota has returned, and Chikage is a boss. I hope Mikado don't kill him with that gun.

Four episodes and my AOTS will end...
Feb 28, 2016 12:17 PM

Dec 2009
Durarara really is coming to an end eh? Everything feels so final, from Izaya Vs. Shizuo, to Mikado and Kida facing off, it's just so nuts and oh so very epic.

Celty got her head back also...really hope she gets her memories of Shinra and everyone else back...would be way too sad otherwise.

Also spotted Simon and Kadota again :D Both their first appearances in Ketsu.

4 Episodes left...someone is definitely going to die.
Feb 28, 2016 12:18 PM

Jan 2014
Celty! No, come back to us!

"When writing, you don't put a gun above the fireplace unless it's going to go off."

Mikado is going to shoot someone and it better not be Kida.

There's so many death flags above characters' heads right now. Someone's going to die.

I can't wait for the battle between Izaya and Shizou but at the same time, I dread it... I always imagined it'd be Izaya to die and even came up with his dying words to Shizuo.

"Loving people was easy but hating you... hating you was special."

I doubt it'll go down like that but

Unless it's going to be like Pokemon the First Movie where the battle between them is going down and Shinra jumps in the middle of an attack to stop them.
JotakakFeb 28, 2016 12:24 PM
Feb 28, 2016 1:28 PM

Nov 2008
dizzyur said:
fideldesu said:

You seemed to be knowledgeable about the source of this show. Mind answering this?

What was the point of Nasujima hit and run Kadota?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Feb 28, 2016 2:01 PM
Jul 2018
DenjaX said:

You seemed to be knowledgeable about the source of this show. Mind answering this?

What was the point of Nasujima hit and run Kadota?

As I said, due to the lack of translations for 12 and my knowledge being hella vague, I don't entirely know the motives behind Nasujima's actions, but at the same time, having psychoanalyzed his character to hell and back with what little information I have been provided...

I have suspicion that he's mostly bent on wreaking havoc in vengeance against the city he's felt has 'wronged' him, and to do so, he started by attempting to derail the larger entities of the city; i.e. Shizuo (by planning to slash Tom to use him as a card in his game to keep Shizuo from taking a defensive maneuver against him), the Dollars (Kadota was the 'perfect' dollars member, so running him over helps bring the dollars organization one step closer to destruction), etc.

Nasujima has admittedly not been dealt a great amount of respect by the inhabitants of the city, and has been repeatedly chased out of it. One of the likely reasons he joined Yodogiri in the first place was to help aid the organization in their plans to take down Ikebukuro, to finally take the 'chessmaster', 'villain', etc position he felt he never could assume whilst still a lowly schoolteacher. In turn, he was slashed by someone in the organization (don't know if i should reveal who, that might be considered a spoiler), and was able to gain even greater strength. He wants revenge, really, from what I can tell, he is hellbent on settling things, hence the line "settle the score", so he can reclaim the power he felt was stolen from him some time ago. Really, it just goes to show what a psycho narcissist he is, but that I believe is his motive. Selfishness and vengeance, the desire to be seen again as being in some kind of position of power after feeling like all was lost and having to cower in shadow for so long.

I think Nasujima's motives are both a combination of what has transpired with him in the series, how it has affected him negatively, his wanting to avenge it, etc- as well as his psychological unbalance being ultimately aggravated by said events as well as the possession of Saika that only encourages his vices and deviancy.
removed-userFeb 28, 2016 2:52 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ketsu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2016

158 by Karva1 »»
Apr 22, 9:36 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ketsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2016

117 by Karva1 »»
Apr 22, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ketsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

260 by AnimeBeckYor »»
Apr 10, 9:31 PM

» Favorite Durarara Character ( 1 2 )

daze3x - Feb 20, 2016

74 by Archfiend836 »»
Feb 13, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ketsu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2016

85 by corvKa »»
Jul 21, 2023 3:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.