Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 19, 2016 8:32 PM
Jul 2018
R.I.P. all the minor character. May their soul pass the Divine Gate. XD

~ Damn the loli died TT^TT
Feb 19, 2016 8:58 PM
May 2015
FDGde said:
Srsly..what's is going on. I don't get it anymore. I tried really hard to understand the plot, but after this ep it's over. First 15 min, some chars with no development get killed by random norse gods (was Thor female wtf ?!) who were summoned by oz?! This "gods" don't get any plot, only some stupid one liners. Heck I even was wondering the got some va. And then there is the divine gate.. was told it is so difficult to reach, yeah sure..

And the MC are running around do nothing (I think the studio need a minimum quote for screen time with them lol), some lame back story from some guy named lancelot, Lokis magic puppet show, evil Arthur .. ah whatever.

Where were the fairy's ?? Lol /dumped

They go in the order of Fire, Water, Wind, Light, Dark and None
Surtr, Sigurd, Höðr, Odin, Hǫgni and Hervor.
The Gods were supposed to go and torture and kill party members of each main characters...after they each deal with Shakespeare's creation.

The Knights all get gravely injured by Civilization Dragons instead, whom Lancelot then kills all of the dragons..

Fairy Queens, IDK..looks like they will pop up next week and not to mention Ginji's group are missing, possibly doing things off screen with the anime's non-existent Will o'Wisp, Shadow and Zero
Feb 19, 2016 9:30 PM

Mar 2014
This episode was a fucking disaster holy shit.

Probably a 0/5 episode tbh.
Feb 19, 2016 10:56 PM

Jul 2014
Who every is writing the story for this show is retarded. Like wtf is this. Such a waste of Good Budget and Art. Fucking trash story. still watching till the end to see how this ends but holy fuck this is bad
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Feb 19, 2016 11:41 PM

Jun 2015
I am lost. I don't know what to make of this episode. I don't even feel like complaining since I don't know where to start.

Ku-ri-su said:
why I'm still watching this.

Will finish it just for the sake of it!
Feb 19, 2016 11:53 PM

Dec 2014
So they found the divine gate just like that :o
Here I was expecting some big adventure.

So the knights get massacred by Gods, Didn't really feel anything. Couldn't care less for the episode or the characters.
Our Main protagonists were completely useless and played no role in anything, It's like they were there just for the sake of them being the protagonists.

Well at least some of those abilities looked good.
Feb 20, 2016 3:40 AM

Jun 2013
wait hold up so you can just walk to the divine gate? i thought it only appears to people like it doesn't have an exact place -_-
Feb 20, 2016 5:06 AM

Nov 2015
Bunch of dead in this episode (T-T)

Akane's father is still alive
Feb 20, 2016 5:07 AM
Jul 2018
Amazing episode

Blew my mind

5/5

fire

fire

did i say five

i mean't fire

throw it in a fire

A FIRE
Feb 20, 2016 7:12 AM

May 2015
That was bad. Characters got killed just like that and they found the Gate so easily. And fuck, shit got even more confusing.

Feb 20, 2016 9:02 AM

Nov 2015
Such a plot twist tho, and Loki and his tricks... the others followed Arthur for nothing like wtf whats happening?

Feb 20, 2016 9:11 AM

Sep 2009
What bugs me the most is that Aoto and his friends just followed Arthur everywhere unharmed and without fighting one bit just because...? because of what actually? I guess in the end it will be sth like "Oh yeah I need Aoto for this plan to work out so he was not allowed to die" =/
The plot is really bland more than that to be honest it's just fighting and talking about a gate and throwing around random terms or names that are associated with norse mythology.
In addition to these massive plot holes I don't get the characters anymore like Aoto and his crew each had a wish they wanted to have granted by the gate but Arthur is like "Nope gotta destory that gate" and everyone is just okay with that like what the hell..

Feb 20, 2016 10:55 AM
Nov 2015
orgasabnak said:

They go in the order of Fire, Water, Wind, Light, Dark and None
Surtr, Sigurd, Höðr, Odin, Hǫgni and Hervor.
The Gods were supposed to go and torture and kill party members of each main characters...after they each deal with Shakespeare's creation.

The Knights all get gravely injured by Civilization Dragons instead, whom Lancelot then kills all of the dragons..

Fairy Queens, IDK..looks like they will pop up next week and not to mention Ginji's group are missing, possibly doing things off screen with the anime's non-existent Will o'Wisp, Shadow and Zero

Thanks for the info. I already read somewhere (about twin story) something like that was supposed to happen. Too bad they have not taken it over. Seems to be a nice idea for the plot.

[Sarcsm]
But eh the adaption is well made. 99% true the source. Rating 5/7
[/sarcsm]
FDGdeFeb 20, 2016 3:44 PM
Feb 20, 2016 12:08 PM

Jan 2012
orgasabnak said:
..So how did Tristan got ahead of the group and, where did Hikari's group went to? ...

I was wondering too lol Let's say he entered by another gate with nothing in the way and somehow ended up ahead of them

KinsoBlade said:
Also, what ever happened to that replica girl that made, Aoto, her master?

Well he randomly took her in so of course they would randomly forget her as well

I'm actually surprised this show still has such a "high" score considering all the blatant flaws...
Feb 20, 2016 12:38 PM

Jan 2015
I didn't think that this anime could possibly get any worse, but wow they did it. This shit is so ridiculously bad.
Feb 20, 2016 7:19 PM

Jan 2014
Divine Gate no Seraph w/o Gay Vampires.

RIP Anime Industry
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 2016 7:28 PM

Jul 2009
abyss333 said:
Who every is writing the story for this show is retarded. Like wtf is this. Such a waste of Good Budget and Art. Fucking trash story. still watching till the end to see how this ends but holy fuck this is bad

Exactly my thoughts.

The only thing I really am curious about at this point is whether the next episode will be worse than the last one. This one set the bar pretty high. Can't wait to see the next one.
Feb 20, 2016 8:59 PM
Jan 2016
seven chapters!!! SEVEN F*@KING CHAPTERS!!! and this anime does not have any good episode or good character!!! Akane is annoying , Midori has a stupid motivation and Aoto is the most boring and lame protagonist of this season! but the worsts things are the narrator and the ghost kid with his stupid poesy! the only reason to watch this show is for appreciate more the othe animes that i am watching.
Feb 21, 2016 12:28 AM
Jan 2016
So many ppl died in this episode .And our MC was doing nothing just following the Arthur.And now arthur turn into a evil king?...BORING-.-
Feb 21, 2016 6:47 AM

Aug 2013
Its sad all the knights died but at least I got to see them fight(a little???). Also, I did expect it but I still literally screamed when possessed Arthur put his sword through Lancelot. RIP

I'm still pretty confused by the plot and all these characters coming out but I'm just going to go with it in the end.
Feb 21, 2016 1:06 PM

Mar 2015
No idea where this story is going, but one thing that's for sure is that this show is turning really bad.
Feb 22, 2016 2:05 AM

Aug 2008
Honestly, at the start there was at least a little potential but now this is just plain dumb. They're pulling out every cliche in the book and just tossing it in half the time without valid reason of any sorts and just brush it off and move on to ruining itself more. Any plot they had they just threw in the shredder.

Main characters are awfully cookie cutter as well as the betrayels you can see miles away. RIP everybody. Oh at least there's akane's dad. Still doesn't make up for this shit show of an episode, lol.

Only going to keep watching because we're already more than halfway through now. But wow, I don't expect anything but disappointment at this point.
Feb 22, 2016 11:05 AM

Dec 2009
What the fuck even just happened!? I can't even comprehend what is even happening and I've tried really hard to understand the plot of this damn anime. Let's just kill off the majority of the cast in one single episode without any build up?

I don't even fully understand the world they live in, who's supposed to be on who's side, anything. This seems like it was supposed to be some dramatic final, but I didn't even care about the characters that died. Holy fuck this anime has become a train wreck.
Feb 22, 2016 11:08 AM

Jan 2014
What. The. Actual. Fuck?

This series started out promising but then the plot just got confusing and then all these potential characters were introduced just to be thrown away... If only I had time to actually remember their names and care about them.

Oh, and Arthur took a bunch of random kids with him and left his own daughter to die?

Breunor's the only character that wasn't a main that we actually knew and had an interesting backstory and he just dies without ever getting revenge or even knowing who killed his father. I'm so disappointed but at least we saw him die and not just fall...

And of course Lancelot was going to die too. His name is Lancelot. Anyone with that name is destined to get screwed over.
JotakakFeb 22, 2016 11:22 AM
Feb 22, 2016 6:06 PM

Jul 2009
This anime is just empty. Empty af.
Feb 24, 2016 7:30 AM

Jul 2009
I'm so confused ... they just killed off all of the crew that they went in with?! That makes no sense ... not to mention what Loki's plot is for all of this? I guess he took over Arthur with his sword or something? I mean I'm sure Arthur planned for this to happen with that thing he took out of his pocket ... IDK man. I liked the Gods though, they were cool at least. Kinda weird that they had the technology to get to the Divine Gate this entire time with the zones ... what the heck lol. I guess this part isn't any better than the first half :(
Feb 24, 2016 10:02 AM

Apr 2015
I feel like im the only one who likes this anime lol.
But half of the best characters are dead okay.
Feb 24, 2016 2:00 PM

Oct 2008
King Arthur became Dark Arthur.
That cross that he left...what's the purpose? or is it a trump card or fail safe whatever thingy?
3/5.

Feb 25, 2016 2:16 AM
Jul 2015
KimNam said:
I feel like im the only one who likes this anime lol.
But half of the best characters are dead okay.

I like it and I even like Aoto but this episode was a mess.

1. All 3 of the mcs are useless and irrelevant.
2. The other 3 literally just vanished and are not mentioned again
3. The gate was hyped up to be way more than it was it seems.
4. all the knights were randomly killed off
5. Breunor died....I was legit pissed as I loved his character hut somehow as high up as he fell....he managed to still be able to walk and somehow find Lancelot only to die in lancelot's arms.
6. Lancelot was killed....I was again heartbroken.
7. Let's mention how useless and irrelevant again the 3 MCs are
8. Arthur barely showed any emotion and we got the exposition to describe how sad he feels
9. Arthur, who is portrayed to be a smart and cunning man, claims to not be manipulated by Loki...touches a sword Loki leaves behind and is possed.
10. The 3 main characters are useless and irrelevant....it needed to be said a 3rd time.

I was quite disappointed but I will say I loved the Gods and wanted more. But damn Lancelot and Brenour were killed :(
Feb 25, 2016 7:28 AM

Aug 2015
I am utterly disappointed in this anime. They died just for the sake of it. It doesn't make sense. Lack of continuity makes it even worse. And among all this nonsense, I somehow ended up caring for Breunor. He has to die, right... *sigh*
Feb 25, 2016 5:29 PM

Dec 2012
Such Powers
Much Wow
So Divine
Everyone is dead!
Feb 26, 2016 1:38 PM
Feb 2016
Watched up to episode 3, really forcing myself too. Then I started reading these review threads.

The story is just too unconvincing and very uninteresting. This anime should be called Divine Unreal Emo or something, and I am not saying about this episode, this in general has a very bad writing, the anime tries too hard but even trying that hard it can't acomplish to make itself a convincing let alone interesting.

And just like this horrible movie one forces oneself to watch till the end "because heck i already watched half the movie, maybe it will get better!", the same seems to be happening here.

I have been reading every thread here with people saying "ooh next episode will be better" or "oh yeah can't wait for next episode, it should finally pick up!"

It never gets better, it won't get better, I think even people with real depresion and emo issues in real life look at this and laugh at how dumb and forced it is.
Feb 27, 2016 6:13 PM

Dec 2012
Poor Arthur... As soon as I saw the blade shining, I knew he was getting possessed.
Feb 28, 2016 3:53 PM

Jul 2012
Axelucard said:
wait hold up so you can just walk to the divine gate? i thought it only appears to people like it doesn't have an exact place -_-

Right?! I was thinking the same!
I thought that the gate appeared when someone was in distress or to someone with a great and pure wish, you know, things like that...but apparently you can just go there walking :S

Feb 28, 2016 4:23 PM
Sep 2014
The gate is a lie. The true gate is within yourself.
Feb 29, 2016 8:14 AM
Mar 2012
Kinda messy. Party got pwned. Lots of ded we barely know. Bring a healer next time. Some fights were pretty cool though. Why those 3 kids there? Plot forgot the other 3 kids. Arthur left a cross, maybe it's a gift for this "Santa"?
Oz was funny. Maybe he needs to see Dorothy to calm down & gain some optimism.
Biggest surprise was Red boy's dad alive as some scientist working for Loki.
Mar 6, 2016 8:19 AM
Apr 2014
What was that? "I'm not being manipulated by you" *grabs sword anyway*

Although I have to say this episode was kinda unexpected considering the time we are at. Still half way to go and the thing that seemed like the main objective in the beginning was attempted and failed.

So it's not about Arthur reaching/destroying the gate? What is it about then? Well now they are probably fighting to defeat Arthur or get him back to how he was before but this feels way too generic. Didn't expect that at all.
Mar 21, 2016 11:23 AM

Mar 2013
Dropped.

Man, I can't push myself to watch it anymore.

One of the failures of this season.
Mar 27, 2016 12:17 AM

Dec 2015
So all 12 knights died of just like that, fair enough they were up against gods, so huge strength gap, but I didn't even know most of these characters so it didn't really have the impact they were trying to give. So reaching the Divine Gate already

Apr 4, 2016 4:24 PM

Jan 2015
Anyone who knows the tale of Arthur knows that Arthur is not long for this world.
Apr 6, 2016 7:44 PM

Mar 2015
plot? what plot? why are people talking about plot in this mess?

good animation and music are wasted here, that's all i can say.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 7, 2016 5:24 PM

Jun 2014
orgasabnak said:
As expected...the role of the Civilization Dragon girls get replaced by the Norse Gods in the anime.
Plenty of useless changes to the story yet again..

Note: they never really die, all 12 of them will get healed by the Disease Gods and they get a new wardrobe change for the Golden Dawn(Grimoire Cult) and Great Hope(to save Evil Arthur) arcs

http://divine-gate.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Knights_of_the_Round_Table

That's a relief. But still, them dying this pathetically is just inexcusable.
Apr 7, 2016 5:28 PM

Jun 2014
Wow. This episode was a doozie. I don't think I've laughed this hard at people dying before, so this show is clearly breaking new grounds.

Loki was a badass, as per usual. Let's be real here; 80% of why I'm still watching this anime is because of him.

My favorite (obviously sarcastic) part of this episode is when Tris tells Arthur to get to the gate, and faints. A few minutes later, we see her bleeding. WTF HOW IS SHE BLEEDING? WAS SHE SHOT OR SOMETHING?
Apr 12, 2016 3:59 PM

May 2009
I'm guessing I was supposed to play the game to understand this :v no wonder I'm not getting shit, I simply wasn't part of their intended public... well, that sucks.
Apr 13, 2016 4:04 AM

Aug 2013
Arthur's knights barely had any screen time. I didn't even know half of their names. I felt no emotion when they were dying.
Apr 13, 2016 2:18 PM

Feb 2015
tbh, i'm enjoying this anime even tho the story is all over the place or "Messed up" imo. i wonder why i enjoy this. probably because of the soundtrack....

overall, it was a meh...episode yet mysteriously i enjoy it. there goes the little girl....what a cruel god....to killed a little girl......Oz didn't show any mercy......

what's inside of it ? nothing ? HAHA!
speaking of divine gate, isn't it similiar to Yggdrasil ?
i'm thinking the gate itself is a god........well, either way, i don't really care...since the story is all over the place. but seriosuly, i wonder why i enjoy it :/
May 2, 2016 10:00 AM

Jan 2014
dafuq is this.. each episode only makes me more confused of this.
May 4, 2016 10:18 PM

Dec 2012
Damn CG returns. Worst part of the episode.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
May 7, 2016 9:20 AM

May 2012
Average episode, up to the next one!
May 8, 2016 2:25 PM

Oct 2013
No idea what is even happening..
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Divine Gate Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

140 by Jonas-K »»
Mar 29, 8:43 PM

Poll: » Divine Gate Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

50 by Jonas-K »»
Mar 28, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Divine Gate Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2016

134 by Jonas-K »»
Mar 27, 2:50 PM

» End of Franchise

klakson188 - Nov 24, 2021

6 by HikarieChan »»
Dec 20, 2023 10:11 AM

» Didn't hate nor did I really like it

lola_ - Oct 21, 2021

3 by Br3dWinn3rs »»
Jul 1, 2022 10:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.